#16 Post by Flyboy1945 »

Dammit EA :evil:
I was looking forward to this game.

Problem? Take it up with my Panzer.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Command & Conquer

#17 Post by SirSlaughter »

I am both sad and pleased at this outcome.
Sad that C&C has even gotten to this point.
Happy because they listened to what people wanted. Not some stupid economy based multiplayer. We want to the true campaign. We want to know what happens next in the story. We want C&C not tiberium twilight (I still cry at how bad that was).

I never even got past the...2nd mission I think? The way it was set up it just was impossible for me to get past.
but I hope that something great truly comes of this.

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#18 Post by LuckyMudman »

I'll just copy paste this from CNCNZ
As we suspected earlier today, we felt there was more to the cancellation of Command & Conquer and the closure of Victory Games. I was in two minds to post this, thinking we may get in trouble, but we are a news source here at CNCNZ.com and Command & Conquer fans deserve to know the truth. We should not be fed corporate lies when it comes to our favourite franchise. So, long story short, the original blog post on the Official C&C Site is nothing but a fabricated public relations move to smooth things over. None of the alpha feedback was the cause of the cancellation. Once again "corporate politics and shenanigans" behind closed doors at EA have killed off Command & Conquer and Victory Games. I will share with you the post made on the Official Forums but names have been removed.
Hi everyone, I just wanted to say that it has been a pleasure working on this game and I hope you all have enjoyed the closed alpha!

This isn't official or anything, but you probably saw that our whole team got the ax. I hope you understand that we at VG all were dedicated to making a game for all of you to play, and that the press release line was total b.s. It was NOT any feedback from the alpha that shut this project down but just petty corporate politics and shenanigans.

We were all shocked and confused to find out that our studio is closed (and that we are all out of jobs!), but I am happy to see that the game is still up and running RIGHT NOW and that a lot of people are still having fun with it. Please enjoy the live game until they figure out how to turn off the servers (it might be a while)!

Cheers
I won't be sharing the link to this post, but you can find it on the Official C&C Forums if you have access to the Closed Alpha forum. I expect there will more fallout and boil-over in the coming days, its almost unfolding the way Tiberium was cancelled back in 2009. Once again we can clearly lay blame on the corporate bigwigs. Please don't blame the Victory Games development team, these guys were working really hard to bring the fans a new and true Command & Conquer and set the franchise up for the future, all they needed and wanted was time to develop but apparently that's not what corporate EA want.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#19 Post by SirSlaughter »

well I rescind everything I say and I declare we bring back the pitchforks and torches and bring EA to the ground.

Flyboy1945
Council Member

#20 Post by Flyboy1945 »

Corporate EA...

:evil: I am very displeased.

Problem? Take it up with my Panzer.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#21 Post by tony1695 »

They can't see it selling several million copies on release day, so they don't bother making it. Sickening, what the gaming industry has become.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

RioluNation

#22 Post by RioluNation »

tony1695 wrote:They can't see it selling several million copies on release day, so they don't bother making it. Sickening, what the gaming industry has become.
No, don't blame the gaming industry. Just blame the people at C&C.
Psst! Hey! You there! Yeah you! Join the Housepets! forums: Housepets forums

Follow me on twitter: @Lucarionation.
Follow my role playing twitter: Fox the Lucario.
Like my Facebook Page: Spartan Lucario.
follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation's tumblr

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#23 Post by LuckyMudman »

RioluNation wrote:
tony1695 wrote:They can't see it selling several million copies on release day, so they don't bother making it. Sickening, what the gaming industry has become.
No, don't blame the gaming industry. Just blame the people at C&C.
If only you could pinpoint "people" at C&C.

The devs did their best, but the publisher (read: money and marketing supplier) decided it wouldn't be profitable. What Tony meant was that gaming industry went past the small scale industry aimed at actually responding to feedback into every other corporation out there, where profit is the main focus. It was inevitable with the increase in the number of people playing games.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

RioluNation

#24 Post by RioluNation »

I see. That makes sense.

I think C&C could make a profit off of the new C&C game. We all had high hopes for them.
Psst! Hey! You there! Yeah you! Join the Housepets! forums: Housepets forums

Follow me on twitter: @Lucarionation.
Follow my role playing twitter: Fox the Lucario.
Like my Facebook Page: Spartan Lucario.
follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation's tumblr