Playstation 4

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Playstation 4

#1 Post by Insomniac »

So, the PS4 has been revealed. Or at least, footage from upcoming games has been shown, and the controller has been revealed, I haven't sat through the whole press conference video yet and I haven't seen any images of it that don't make me scream fake. Looks like the new controller has some sort of touch pad on the front. Thoughts?
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

Re: Playstation 4

#2 Post by Myperson54 »

Insomniac wrote:So, the PS4 has been revealed. Or at least, footage from upcoming games has been shown, and the controller has been revealed, I haven't sat through the whole press conference video yet and I haven't seen any images of it that don't make me scream fake. Looks like the new controller has some sort of touch pad on the front. Thoughts?
Can I get a woot woot for no backwards compatibility? *listens*
I thought not. I wanna be able to play my ps3 games, like skyrim and lbp2 when I get a ps4 (if I do). (I heard this from Yahtzee Croshaw btw, so I may be wrong. He has early access to info sometimes, and that can change.)

Also, my friend saw the touchscreen and remarked that it doesn't seem very durable, but who knows? I tend to agree with him, but it IS embedded in a controller.

I dunno. I like my ps3 and my ps2, and I think that Sony has done SO WELL so far, but I fear they might be going downhill. Can't be sure until I try it, though!

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#3 Post by Sable Dove »

I hear the glorious death knell of the consoles. Hallelujah. A shame the PS4 looks to be the first to go; I was hoping people would get sick of Microsoft before Sony, but both will be gone eventually. Maybe then we can make games to a higher standard than obsolete technology is capable of.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#4 Post by Schrodinger »

What was it the spider said to the fly...

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by SirSlaughter »

Sable Dove wrote:I hear the glorious death knell of the consoles. Hallelujah. A shame the PS4 looks to be the first to go; I was hoping people would get sick of Microsoft before Sony, but both will be gone eventually. Maybe then we can make games to a higher standard than obsolete technology is capable of.
This. Although I don't think the console is gonna die off anytime soon. But I agree with that I want a higher standard than with what we have now. (although my computer can sometimes struggle through a really demanding game every once in a while). I just hope sony doesn't make the same mistakes as last console. Please let me know that was a learning experience for you and please be better than last time.

I won't buy a PS4, but I am a little excited for its release. This means PC games will look even BETTER! The boundaries have been pushed.

leoian
Banned
Banned

#6 Post by leoian »

The controller is kinda weird, I think they tried to do something like the ps Vita with it. What do you think guys ?
:flora:

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#7 Post by Insomniac »

leoian wrote:The controller is kinda weird, I think they tried to do something like the ps Vita with it. What do you think guys ?
I'm glad SOMEONE is comparing it to the PSVita instead of the WiiU. WiiU doesn't have a touchPAD, it has a touchSCREEN. This PS4 controller VISIBLY has a touchPAD, and articles have clearly SAID it's a touchPAD.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#8 Post by Myperson54 »

Insomniac wrote:
leoian wrote:The controller is kinda weird, I think they tried to do something like the ps Vita with it. What do you think guys ?
I'm glad SOMEONE is comparing it to the PSVita instead of the WiiU. WiiU doesn't have a touchPAD, it has a touchSCREEN. This PS4 controller VISIBLY has a touchPAD, and articles have clearly SAID it's a touchPAD.
I personally think that's semantics, but if there is a difference, then please tell me so.

I agree that it's like a vita, and that annoys me, because If I wanted a PSVita, I'd have gotten a goddamn PSVita, not some half-assed almost-Vita.
(That kinda sounds like back-alley vitamins :P )
I've never thought their controller design was bad, just not at good as Microsoft's. But the PS4 controller I just really dislike.
(Relevant.)

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#9 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Myperson54 wrote:
Insomniac wrote:
I personally think that's semantics, but if there is a difference, then please tell me so.

I agree that it's like a vita, and that annoys me, because If I wanted a PSVita, I'd have gotten a goddamn PSVita, not some half-assed almost-Vita.
I've never thought their controller design was bad, just not at good as Microsoft's. But the PS4 controller I just really dislike.
(Relevant.)
Touchpad is like a laptop touchpad. You touch it, it does stuff, but the pad itself doesn't show you visuals. Touchscreen does show you visuals and stuff. Think iPad for that.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#10 Post by Myperson54 »

MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:
Insomniac wrote:

(Relevant.)
Touchpad is like a laptop touchpad. You touch it, it does stuff, but the pad itself doesn't show you visuals. Touchscreen does show you visuals and stuff. Think iPad for that.
Ah, so the difference here is that the WiiU has a touch interface which is also a display, but the PS4 controller's interface is just for control purposes.
That.... is kinda dumb. Imo.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#11 Post by Nuff »

Bejesus. Everytime a new console comes out everyone start moaning about it. It's what happened with the PS3, loads of people complaining and slagging it off and it turned out to be a badass mofo of a console and has had some bloody classics on it. Give the Ps4 a year after release and then take another look.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#12 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Myperson54 wrote: Ah, so the difference here is that the WiiU has a touch interface which is also a display, but the PS4 controller's interface is just for control purposes.
That.... is kinda dumb. Imo.
No, not really. A laptop doesn't have a tiny screen on its trackpad, but you don't complain about how useless it is for not having one. You're going to be looking at the TV screen while touching the new controller, not staring at the controller and wishing you had a mini-display.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#13 Post by Akira110 »

Sable Dove wrote:I hear the glorious death knell of the consoles. Hallelujah. A shame the PS4 looks to be the first to go; I was hoping people would get sick of Microsoft before Sony, but both will be gone eventually. Maybe then we can make games to a higher standard than obsolete technology is capable of.
In the grand scheme of things, the PC is considered a gaming console as well, not to mention that most PCs are running windows still, which is made by........ Microsoft.

On topic, I personally believe that, even though the PS4's price tag hasn't been announced yet. Its going to be rather expensive, within the $500-$700 range. Do I know this for sure? Not really, all I'm going on is the fact that the PS3 was $599, and the fact that someone within Sony of Japan said, "They will pay any price for it, because it is a Playstation." But we will see. If its less expensive than the PS3 is NOW, which is 300 USED, I will consider getting a PS4. If not, then once again I will go to Nintendo, because their video game systems are less expensive than either Microsoft or Sony's and is less expensive by a country mile, than a PC.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#14 Post by Nuff »

Nintendo consoles are cheaper because they are less powerful and have nothing but a recycled release list that goes instantly dead about two years into the consoles life.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#15 Post by Akira110 »

Nuff wrote:Nintendo consoles are cheaper because they are less powerful and have nothing but a recycled release list that goes instantly dead about two years into the consoles life.
Believe me when I say this... every console, including PC has its share of problems. But the fanboys refuse to see the problems and see their console as superior(This is ESPECIALLY true of PC Fanboys). I personally have a PC, an XBox 360 and a Wii, the only reason I don't have a PS3, is because its overly expensive. Its also the same reason that I don't have a Wii U right now and probably won't get a PS4.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.