Destiny by Bungie

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Destiny by Bungie

#91 Post by Schrodinger »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:So my brother and his friend rented Call of Duty: Ghosts and Destiny. We spent the entire time passing the controller around playing Ghosts rather than open the Destiny rental case. As far as I know, none of us even played it. Honestly, what does that say about Destiny if all three of us are that uninterested?

That you guys were unwilling to give it a chance. It really isn't as [censored] a game that people say it is. To me, it's almost a copy of Halo, but I like Halo. A lot. Then it has elements seen in Borderlands and Bioshock, both of which are fantastic franchises. I think Destiny has potential to be great, if made so by the player. In other words, just play the game the way you want and it will be fun.
If we were that unwilling to give it a chance we wouldn't have rented it in the first place. I can't speak for my brother and his friend but I played Borderlands 2, I beat it once and never went back to it. It's not a matter of quality, loot-shooters just don't interest me.

EDIT: Just confirmed none of us played Destiny.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#92 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Schrodinger wrote:
InceptionBwaaa wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:So my brother and his friend rented Call of Duty: Ghosts and Destiny. We spent the entire time passing the controller around playing Ghosts rather than open the Destiny rental case. As far as I know, none of us even played it. Honestly, what does that say about Destiny if all three of us are that uninterested?

That you guys were unwilling to give it a chance. It really isn't as [censored] a game that people say it is. To me, it's almost a copy of Halo, but I like Halo. A lot. Then it has elements seen in Borderlands and Bioshock, both of which are fantastic franchises. I think Destiny has potential to be great, if made so by the player. In other words, just play the game the way you want and it will be fun.
If we were that unwilling to give it a chance we wouldn't have rented it in the first place. I can't speak for my brother and his friend but I played Borderlands 2, I beat it once and never went back to it. It's not a matter of quality, loot-shooters just don't interest me.
Makes sense. I played Borderlands(both of them) for the insane humor and fun shooting-killing. The looting was okay, but sucked [censored] in multiplayer, only because you were never forced to share loot from chests.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#93 Post by ButterBall »

I don't think that says anything about Destiny. If anything, it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun playing Ghosts.
*Used to be a guy people knew at one time.*
Avatar by druanderson. Some things are very NSFW.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#94 Post by Schrodinger »

ButterBall wrote:
I don't think that says anything about Destiny. If anything, it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun playing Ghosts.
Yeah we did, though the single player is absolute trash.

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#95 Post by Ironworks »

Schrodinger wrote:Yeah we did, though the single player is absolute trash.
Sounds like literally every Call of Duty since 4.

I mean Destiny is really bad, but Ghosts is seriously just as garbage.

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#96 Post by primalcaller ergos »

The Rookie wrote:Has anyone here seen Joe's follow up review ?

If you weren't angry over the lack of content yet, just wait...

Also a Reddit post by some one who claimed to have been a game tester who worked on Destiny back in early 2013, which has sense been taken down. In the post he spoke mostly about the changes in story from the build he had played back in 2013.

In summery, the poster claims the original story had gone something like this

The character we know as the Queen's brother was originally a rogue guardian who you run into on Earth, named Crow. During an Earth mission your character is suddenly knocked out and wakes up in Crow's base on Mars surrounded by other rouge guardians (The Exo Stranger included) most without their ghost which I think were killed at some point.

Skipping ahead, turns out that the Traveller didn't save humanity, it damned then. The Traveller set humanities Golden age up so that
A: We'd trust it unconditionally
B: He'd be able to exploit all our weaknesses when his various armies arrive. Turning all our tech against us, leaving us completely vulnerable.

Also turns out the Speaker is in on it, hence why he's telling everyone the Traveller is awesome, and that he what's to reactivate his old mate to destroy humanity fully. Fun times.

You and your little rag tag group of rogue Guardians (Which is made up of you/ other players) set out to prevent this from happening. There was also some familiar mission tie ins here where you're sent to collect the AI core of a Gate Lord and recover an old human AI (Rasputin?) from Cabel forces.

There was also something along the lines of the human AI being used to do something with the Vex AI and they find out that the Hive had been creating a super weapon to reactivate the Traveller, which would wake up and kill everyone or something.

Whether the article is genuine is still in question, but it having been taken down leads me to believe that there had to have been some truth to what he was talking about.
wow that sounds way more awesome than what the game has right now.

All in all, this just makes me even more disspointed. :x
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#97 Post by The Rookie »

Alright, I'm starting to think that Bungie/Activison actively trying to sabotage their product at the moment.

So plans for their first DLC were revealed today which included a new raid, two strikes, 3 campaign missions and a handful of coercible maps for the low price of $20 (Sarcasm).

Now here's the good bit, PlayStation has a timed exclusive for one of the two strikes, basically meaning that Xbox players won't have access to all of the content they're paying for for a while. Now timed exclusives have happened on both consoles before, usually lasting a month before becoming available to other consoles, not a big deal. However, the PS only strike won't be available to Xbox players for a solid year after the DLC is released. Now I'm usually not fussed by exclusives, but that puts the PS4 version of the game 2 strikes ahead of the Xbox fan base for a minimal one year period, and it sounds like they intend to do something similar with each up coming DLC. So in the long term Xbox players mightn't be able to experience the full game till sometime 2016, which will likely have been long dead since then, despite having to pay the same price as PS owners. While I'm on a rant, this is all stuff that was meant to be in the game already. You can physically access these areas already in the game's current state, but they're charging $20 for you to access these areas properly and do something in them...

Bungie, mate.... What happened ?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#98 Post by Insomniac »

The Rookie wrote:Bungie, mate.... What happened ?
Bungie have never done something like this before...It saddens me to see it happening, truly it does.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#99 Post by judah4 »

Insomniac wrote:
The Rookie wrote:Bungie, mate.... What happened ?
Bungie have never done something like this before...It saddens me to see it happening, truly it does.
bungie was also platform exclusive before so in a way it has. I'm mean, where's halo 3 for PC?

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#100 Post by The Rookie »

judah4 wrote: Bungie was also platform exclusive before so in a way it has. I'm mean, where's halo 3 for PC?
While this is true, I feel it's a bit different than having and exclusive title for a console. What's happening here is that this is the same game on both consoles, however one side isn't going to have access to some important content for a year, despite paying the same price. So ultimately it just hurts their fan who brought their product on another system.

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#101 Post by ButterBall »

A couple of dumb little things that happened to me in Destiny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UPxuPydTYg (knives don't curve that way)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf2MoTNA3-8
*Used to be a guy people knew at one time.*
Avatar by druanderson. Some things are very NSFW.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#102 Post by Schrodinger »

ButterBall wrote:A couple of dumb little things that happened to me in Destiny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UPxuPydTYg (knives don't curve that way)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf2MoTNA3-8
Dinklage wrote:This machine, it's still active!
Yeah he's a dancing machine.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#103 Post by Envy661 »

WOOOO! DESTINY 2 ANNOUNCED! WOOOOO!!!! WOOO-PF-*COUGH*-FFFF-HAHAHAHAHA

*Begins laughing Hysterically*

Back in 5.

*3 hours later*

So yeah, DESTINY. Great title right there, right? Activision didn't totally [censored] them in the [censored] or anything, right? They didn't totally [censored] THEMSELVES over when they released a half-finished product with the actual story set as PAID DLC, right? And let's not forget that the sequel to this "Amazing 10-year project" was announced before the first major expansion even dropped.

Way to go guys. All of you who picked up/preordered Destiny, you all deserve a ribbon. A big fat pink "I participated" ribbon.

Whether you believe that participation was a good thing or a bad thing? Well, I'll leave that up to the individual.

EDIT: I should state: I'm really REALLY trying my hardest not to be insulting here. So I really am sorry if I offended some of you. But COME ON guys. You know it didn't get anywhere near our expectations. And you KNOW we shouldn't simply "Settle for it because at least it has good gameplay"
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#104 Post by The Rookie »

Envy661, easy mate. It's not our fault that we were uninformed of the lack of content prior to release. Those of us who played the Beta were fooled into thinking that there would truly be more, and there was for a while at least. No need to attack us like that.

Announcing a squeal is definitely the wrong move here, I doubt that a squeal would move anywhere near as many units as the first unless they overhaul everything

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#105 Post by Insomniac »

Envy661 wrote:WOOOO! DESTINY 2 ANNOUNCED! WOOOOO!!!! WOOO-PF-*COUGH*-FFFF-HAHAHAHAHA

*Begins laughing Hysterically*

Back in 5.

*3 hours later*

So yeah, DESTINY. Great title right there, right? Activision didn't totally [censored] them in the [censored] or anything, right? They didn't totally [censored] THEMSELVES over when they released a half-finished product with the actual story set as PAID DLC, right? And let's not forget that the sequel to this "Amazing 10-year project" was announced before the first major expansion even dropped.

Way to go guys. All of you who picked up/preordered Destiny, you all deserve a ribbon. A big fat pink "I participated" ribbon.

Whether you believe that participation was a good thing or a bad thing? Well, I'll leave that up to the individual.

EDIT: I should state: I'm really REALLY trying my hardest not to be insulting here. So I really am sorry if I offended some of you. But COME ON guys. You know it didn't get anywhere near our expectations. And you KNOW we shouldn't simply "Settle for it because at least it has good gameplay"
Yeah. You're right. I'm so glad that this holiday season was so far after the launch that the beta wasn't enough to sucker me in. And I'm saddened by this clusterfrak of a game. I'm certain that all or most of the problems are Activision's doing, as Bungie has never had the balls to do [censored] like this before, but that doesn't absolve them of the ultimate sin, of failing to stand up to Activision and say 'No, you cannot do this. It is wrong, and will be a stain on our reputation as a good company'.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.