Destiny by Bungie

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Myperson54
The Imagineer

Destiny by Bungie

#1 Post by Myperson54 »

Well, I just watched the promo trailer Bungle released, and I know IGN is doing a live release right now, but I can't watch it cause I'm on mobile. It looks pretty awesome to me.

The only thing I see going wrong with it is, because it's an mmofps, it could end up like lots of online games, where there are so many people you can't see the ground, and everybody's talking at once, etc etc. I prefer to play fps games with a Max of maybe 16 people, usually less.

What do you guys think?

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Destiny by Bungie

#2 Post by Insomniac »

From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#3 Post by Myperson54 »

Insomniac wrote:For those of us not able or willing, or capable, of looking things up for themselves here's what info there was as of before today.
Oh wow, thanks! I hadn't even heard about this until today, and that was indirectly through Dinnerbone on Twitter. I thought this was more underground. :P hehe

EDIT
This.... is quite possibly the most badass thing I have seen in a long time. Great explanatory video.

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#4 Post by Sable Dove »

First-Person Shooter. MMO. Console-exclusive. Designed for current generation of consoles.

Are they retarded?

How could this possibly succeed when they're flat out ignoring the best platform for their game (aside from people with poor impulse control, which is unfortunately about 98% of the human population). And I'm not just saying that because the PC is the best platform in general; for shooters, and for MMOs, PC is even more superior to consoles than it is for other genres. For the depth of an MMO, you generally need a lot of inputs. For any shooter, you need responsive and accurate aiming. For great visuals, you need great hardware. They have none of these things. A moderate amount of input, low-precision aiming, and mediocre hardware.

Aside from the fact that I'll probably never get it because it's not available on a good system, we've seen no real gameplay, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to suspect it play almost exactly like Halo. Which is to say super-arcady and with ridiculous physics. Looks like a pass so far, but we'll have to see when there are actual fact to go on.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

FurryForlife
Hugger Extraordinaire
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#5 Post by FurryForlife »

They did say there is a possibility of a computer release.
Story: To be Inspired.
My Sofurry account (I believe unless you log in, or change it, the site is in SFW mode)

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Odd no-one posted the ViDoc as of yet. Also, not trying to a big jerk, but wouldn't this be more appropriate in the Gaming board, not the media?
Sable Dove wrote: *snip*
They did say nearly at the start of the video that it has a chance of being in the pc. Also, despite graphic(in which has never actually been a big contributor on my list seeing how graphics are secondary in any god game(a game can still look beautiful and fun with less than par graphics)), I see no problems with the Consoles(except maybe kinect and the Wii); I prefer controller over keyboard and mouse. I also Don't understand the Responsiveness and accuracy debacle you present with Consoles as I haven't really had any problems nor seen/felt any differences with consoles and PCs.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#7 Post by Myperson54 »

Geo_&_Bio wrote:Odd no-one posted the ViDoc as of yet. Also, not trying to a big jerk, but wouldn't this be more appropriate in the Gaming board, not the media?
They did say nearly at the start of the video that it has a chance of being in the pc. Also, despite graphic(in which has never actually been a big contributor on my list seeing how graphics are secondary in any god game(a game can still look beautiful and fun with less than par graphics)), I see no problems with the Consoles(except maybe kinect and the Wii); I prefer controller over keyboard and mouse. I also Don't understand the Responsiveness and accuracy debacle you present with Consoles as I haven't really had any problems nor seen/felt any differences with consoles and PCs.
I entirely agree. I actually prefer a controller to a mouse and keyboard when dealing with an fps, but some people feel otherwise. That's fine.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by SirSlaughter »

Myperson54 wrote:
Geo_&_Bio wrote:Odd no-one posted the ViDoc as of yet. Also, not trying to a big jerk, but wouldn't this be more appropriate in the Gaming board, not the media?
I entirely agree. I actually prefer a controller to a mouse and keyboard when dealing with an fps, but some people feel otherwise. That's fine.
If you like a controller: PC+ Microsoft or PS3 controller+big screen TV= Console experience with the PC performance and graphical superiority. I have 2 computers. One for my desk for extreme gaming and another WIP that will turn into a media/more casual gaming PC.

Point is: We would love for it to be on ALL consoles. For those who prefer the PC, we want it on the PC, for those who like the PS3, they want it on the PS3, for those who like Xbox, they want it on the Xbox. I spent about 2Gs on this girl, I want to use her. I want her to be able to play the games I wanna play, not the games that are available because everyone flocks to the consoles because they don't know how to use a computer meaning no one does good ports for the PC anymore (Dark souls/Saints row 2)

Now as for the game itself: I feel it's gonna be good, but I know it's gonna feel a little like halo. Admit it, this is what they were forced to do for X amount of years. So I don't blame them for using something they now works and putting it in a game. I look forward to it ether way, but I do hope to the gaming gods that they have it on all consoles (Xbox360/720, PS3/4, PC).

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#9 Post by Myperson54 »

Oh, of course! I think that it should be available for whatever console one likes. That's a large part of the experience right there.

I just had an idea though, to bring us to another, related topic. Dust 514 by EVE is a huge thing right now, and it's a similar sort of thing, in that it's a game to play online, and that it's connected to an mmo. So it's not the same, but similar. How do you think these two games will compare?

For me, the appeal of Dust 514 is that you can connect to a broadly developed universe and interact with players in a different game in real time. That seems really awesome to me. This new Bungie game, however, seems like it's more of a space-themed WoW, more developed in and of itself than Dust is. That is, Dust seems like a bit of a fancy expansion pack you don't need the first game for.

So those are my thoughts. Yours?

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Myperson54 wrote:This new Bungie game, however, seems like it's more of a space-themed WoW, more developed in and of itself than Dust is.
To me, from what I have currently seen so far, Destiny feels like its going to be more like a space themed fallout 3 than a space themed WoW; exploring the ruined world/'s and learning the history through the aesthetics as you realized the death of a once golden age and nearly the end of the world and of course the drive to keep enduring, to live on as others have perished. That and you holding a gun/weapon while you walk around exploring things in FPS.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#11 Post by Myperson54 »

Geo_&_Bio wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:This new Bungie game, however, seems like it's more of a space-themed WoW, more developed in and of itself than Dust is.
To me, from what I have currently seen so far, Destiny feels like its going to be more like a space themed fallout 3 than a space themed WoW; exploring the ruined world/'s and learning the history through the aesthetics as you realized the death of a once golden age and nearly the end of the world and of course the drive to keep enduring, to live on as others have perished. That and you holding a gun/weapon while you walk around exploring things in FPS.
Well, yes, from a story and setting perspective, that is a much closer comparison. when I said WoW, I meant that it's something much like an mmo. Although, in the video, I couldn't tell if it was going to be a game you play only with a select group, or one where you play with everyone else. (I personally would want to be able to admire the world without a hundred other players doing the same thing.)

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Myperson54 wrote:
Geo_&_Bio wrote:
Well, yes, from a story and setting perspective, that is a much closer comparison. when I said WoW, I meant that it's something much like an mmo. Although, in the video, I couldn't tell if it was going to be a game you play only with a select group, or one where you play with everyone else. (I personally would want to be able to admire the world without a hundred other players doing the same thing.)
Hard to say, I think I remember something that they didn't want a MMORPG,(which is also why I kind of disagreed with the WoW analogy) so I am not sure if it is going to be a billion people in one area goofin around or mobbing over one thing. But if it is a select group of people, that takes the entirety of the "MMO" aspect out of the game and then should of just been called Multiplayer FPS adventure, so it might have tons of people admiring the world. But, from what I remember once again, their world should be extremely huge which could make it spaced enough for people to walk around without the high possibility of running into someone.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#13 Post by Myperson54 »

Geo_&_Bio wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:
Geo_&_Bio wrote:
Hard to say, I think I remember something that they didn't want a MMORPG,(which is also why I kind of disagreed with the WoW analogy) so I am not sure if it is going to be a billion people in one area goofin around or mobbing over one thing. But if it is a select group of people, that takes the entirety of the "MMO" aspect out of the game and then should of just been called Multiplayer FPS adventure, so it might have tons of people admiring the world. But, from what I remember once again, their world should be extremely huge which could make it spaced enough for people to walk around without the high possibility of running into someone.
Exactly. You and I think on the same level, then. I just have trouble finding the right words sometimes.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by SirSlaughter »

Just got word- So far it is NOT coming to PC. I was so looking forward to it too. Well, I really don't see how they are gonna pull an MMO on a console, unless they know something we don't know.

Tygron
Notakitty!

#15 Post by Tygron »

From what little I can find on this I didn't already know (there was suppose to be an announcement today showing more about it, but I can only find the vidoc which doesn't tell me much) I can't say i'm all to excited about this. The asthetic from the concept art kinda bores me tbh. I dunno. I'll make more of a judgement call when actually see more about it, but so far I can't see this being anything i'll pick up. I was rather excited about it before, wondering what Bungie could be doing. Now i'm not sure, especially if it's not coming to PC.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P