Destiny by Bungie

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Destiny by Bungie

#106 Post by Ironworks »

Envy661 wrote:Way to go guys. All of you who picked up/preordered Destiny, you all deserve a ribbon. A big fat pink "I participated" ribbon.
Lol, this guy.

Homie, ain't no one here defending Destiny.
Everyone here that bought it is probably disappointed they were lied to. Cuz, you know, that happened.

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#107 Post by ButterBall »

Envy661 wrote:EDIT: I should state: I'm really REALLY trying my hardest not to be insulting here. So I really am sorry if I offended some of you. But COME ON guys. You know it didn't get anywhere near our expectations. And you KNOW we shouldn't simply "Settle for it because at least it has good gameplay"
I don't really see how throwing in people's faces that they were conned out of a significant amount of money is not insulting.

Settle for good gameplay? No. Not when they hyped up a grandiose storytelling experience and failed to deliver, engage, or intrigue on the first outing. And because of that, probably my favorite game on PS4 that I've played is Pix the Cat because it's a game with good gameplay (a Pac-Man meets Worm high speed puzzler) that didn't try to sell me on anything more than what it was.

Edit:
Also this happened, apparently.
*Used to be a guy people knew at one time.*
Avatar by druanderson. Some things are very NSFW.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#108 Post by Envy661 »

GumbyDarnit wrote:
Envy661 wrote:Way to go guys. All of you who picked up/preordered Destiny, you all deserve a ribbon. A big fat pink "I participated" ribbon.
Lol, this guy.

Homie, ain't no one here defending Destiny.
Everyone here that bought it is probably disappointed they were lied to. Cuz, you know, that happened.

That's why they deserve the ribbon :p
ButterBall wrote:
Envy661 wrote:EDIT: I should state: I'm really REALLY trying my hardest not to be insulting here. So I really am sorry if I offended some of you. But COME ON guys. You know it didn't get anywhere near our expectations. And you KNOW we shouldn't simply "Settle for it because at least it has good gameplay"
I don't really see how throwing in people's faces that they were conned out of a significant amount of money is not insulting.

Settle for good gameplay? No. Not when they hyped up a grandiose storytelling experience and failed to deliver, engage, or intrigue on the first outing. And because of that, probably my favorite game on PS4 that I've played is Pix the Cat because it's a game with good gameplay (a Pac-Man meets Worm high speed puzzler) that didn't try to sell me on anything more than what it was.

Edit:
Also this happened, apparently.
Guy, you're too old of a forumite to be taking me seriously. The memo was sent out shortly after I joined. DO NOT TAKE ME SERIOUSLY! lol Hurt feels may happen if you do.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#109 Post by ButterBall »

Envy661 wrote:Guy, you're too old of a forumite to be taking me seriously. The memo was sent out shortly after I joined. DO NOT TAKE ME SERIOUSLY! lol Hurt feels may happen if you do.
I was gone through much of 2011-2013. So like a daddy leaving his newborn baby, I never got to see you grow. :P

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#110 Post by Insomniac »

The latest page of Penny Arcade. Ah, what could have been... Just thought I'd leave this here, as it's Destiny related.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#111 Post by ButterBall »

Insomniac wrote:The latest page of Penny Arcade. Ah, what could have been... Just thought I'd leave this here, as it's Destiny related.
If the game actually had any of this it would be soooo much better.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#112 Post by judah4 »

I've been playing the new expansion recently. I am currently a level 26 Hunter. The 1 new character is way better characterized than most of the others in the game. Lets see, they added 3 new missions, a raid, and 2 more crucible maps.

For an expansion, it feels kind of.... lacking. If I was up to level, I would have finished the last new mission by now. They are about the same length of the old ones so if you just run through them, it takes about 4 hours in all? The new multiplayer maps are nice but last I checked they are only in rotation with each other and locked behind the paywall for the expansion. From what I understand, the raid is suppose to be good but I don't think I'll ever get to it.

The level cap raise is nice but everything is as grindy as usual. My friend whose xbox I am using is collecting stuff in an urn and has to use weapons that do solar damage to collect ashes for it and then melee the explody enemies but death resets you to 0 for which ever enemy you have to kill at the moment.

For $20, it feels very starved for content.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#113 Post by Schrodinger »

judah4 wrote:it feels very starved for content.
Continuing problems with Destiny it seems.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#114 Post by Envy661 »

Schrodinger wrote:

I still wonder why people play this and/or throw money at it. At this point, Destiny has become as big of a joke as Elder Scrolls Online, with only the most hardcore of fanboys and noob gamers who don't know what actual quality is defending them to the death, failing to realize they are pretty much already dead.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

bond84
Stick Animator

#115 Post by bond84 »

So. Not preordering games in 2015 is gonna be fun. What you guys think?
Would love to have a sig but I don't have anything sig worthy to be honest...

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#116 Post by Envy661 »

bond84 wrote:So. Not preordering games in 2015 is gonna be fun. What you guys think?
GTA V for PC is the exception, but yeah. Preordering games specifically from Ubisoft, EA, and Activision is just a bad idea.

At least Elite Dangerous was good.

EDIT: By the way, Assassin's Creed Unity man! That game is doing SOOOO GREAT! (/sarcasm). Steam is already selling it for 33% off, and it's only been out for a month. Still not enough to make me want to buy it.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

#117 Post by judah4 »

bond84 wrote:So. Not preordering games in 2015 is gonna be fun. What you guys think?
GTAV is my exception but yeah, I completely agree.

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#118 Post by Ranalf »

Envy661 wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:

I still wonder why people play this and/or throw money at it. At this point, Destiny has become as big of a joke as Elder Scrolls Online, with only the most hardcore of fanboys and noob gamers who don't know what actual quality is defending them to the death, failing to realize they are pretty much already dead.
Honestly, I understand being disappointed with what the game provides. But I personally have fun with the game. Then again, I'm someone who likes the gear treadmill of many games. I'm not one to disregard a game for a bad launch. There are always chances for redemption. So, other than the fact I'm determined to see if the game gets any better with its Story. I got the expansion pass with my copy, so I'm going at least give it til House of Wolves to impress me before I stop playing. Until then, I just enjoy doing the Raids. Flame me all you like, but the gameplay and how fun the community is is why I continue playing despite the Disappointment in the storyline.

just wish bungie would focus on fixing VoG's Bugs that make it much harder than it should be instead of fixing CE Cheeses...
Delicious.
Cool story.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

#119 Post by judah4 »

Ranalf wrote:
Envy661 wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:

Honestly, I understand being disappointed with what the game provides. But I personally have fun with the game. Then again, I'm someone who likes the gear treadmill of many games. I'm not one to disregard a game for a bad launch. There are always chances for redemption. So, other than the fact I'm determined to see if the game gets any better with its Story. I got the expansion pass with my copy, so I'm going at least give it til House of Wolves to impress me before I stop playing. Until then, I just enjoy doing the Raids. Flame me all you like, but the gameplay and how fun the community is is why I continue playing despite the Disappointment in the storyline.

just wish bungie would focus on fixing VoG's Bugs that make it much harder than it should be instead of fixing CE Cheeses...
from what I know, house of wolves is going to be just like the last expansion in scope and size in almost every way but with the queens fallen(which has me intrigued, I can't deny I like the potential of ally fallen). If you liked the previous dlc, good for you, if not, be prepared for obsolete gear again with the new 34 level cap, 3 missions,strike and raid. Any real change wont happen until around September when they drop the real expansion that adds the 3rd subclass a new planet and a supposed base level cap raised by 20 I think. Of course, its more than likely to have the same flawed as it does now with lack if content for the price because that larger expansions is suppose to be $30 or $40 even.

Half of this was from leaked info so I may be wrong but house of wolves is nearly for sure going to be like the current dlc and the larger expansion called Comet:Coming if Darkness is going to be more than likely overpriced for the amount of content.

Yes, I hope for a change but if bungie really cared, they would have started changing it by now instead of just riding the gravy train while everyone who plays pays so they don't get locked out of what little content they have.

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#120 Post by ButterBall »

By this point I feel I've gotten all I'm going to get out of Destiny. The only thing that might bring me back into it is if the series brings a strong narrative to its potential story in which I'll probably wait to hear about until after the release of Destiny 2 before I completely lose interest.