Destiny by Bungie

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: Destiny by Bungie

#31 Post by The Rookie »

Abasur wrote:That's funny, I'd been thinking about Awoken Warlock as well. Though I suppose there's not all that many choices.
I didn't hear that the factions were largely cosmetic though, so that's a bit of a bummer. I guess the guild system should take priority, but it would have been cool if the factions were like territorial guilds. I'm thinking like Planetside 2 mechanics where a bunch of guilds could collaborate to control regions/planets.
There will probably be other bonuses that'll get revealed later on, possibly at launch, relating to faction bonuses. For example, the FWC (I think) are credited for designing some sort of burst rifle which might only be available to members of that faction. Bungie has a habit of keeping things behind locked doors until everything is ready to go, which may seem frustrating now, but will definitely pay off later when you get to experience something completely new first hand, rather than seeing it in a trailer or demo first.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

bond84
Stick Animator

#32 Post by bond84 »

So... I got into the alpha.
And once it finishes, I'll be streaming it all night. I'm psyched~
And once again, no bueno to solicits that crud so PM me for stream link if interested.

I'll edit this post later tonight on how I feel about the game, impressions n' such.
Would love to have a sig but I don't have anything sig worthy to be honest...

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#33 Post by Nuff »

Most companies if not all do not allow you to stream alpha versions of their games. It'd be worth looking into whatever agreement you skipped reading and the agreed on when signing up for alpha access

bond84
Stick Animator

#34 Post by bond84 »

Nuff wrote:Most companies if not all do not allow you to stream alpha versions of their games. It'd be worth looking into whatever agreement you skipped reading and the agreed on when signing up for alpha access
Look all over twitch.
They actually encourage you to stream.
Trust me, I was surprised.

Edit: thank you however for phrasing it and making me look like an ignorant kid. Really is apprectaited.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#35 Post by Nuff »

That stick. Remove it from your [censored] before it makes sitting difficult.

bond84
Stick Animator

#36 Post by bond84 »

Nuff wrote:That stick. Remove it from your [censored] before it makes sitting difficult.
Heyo man, you where the one that phrased it as such. Not myself, however I'll stay on topi. Here.

The game is a solid 9 so far. Even in alpha I'm impressed with how solid everything feels. Controls, aiming. Map design as well as exploration of the 3 stages you are allowed to actually play on.
I'm a bit disappointed in the low level cap for alpha, but even so the game still runs great and the community for it so far had been extremely a "play well together" sort of style.

Overall, I'll wait on beta but for now I cannot wait for release.

Yash
Administrator

#37 Post by Yash »

Nuff wrote:That stick. Remove it from your [censored] before it makes sitting difficult.

That was completely uncalled for and unprovoked. You just earned yourself an account warning. I suggest you don't do that again.
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie

bond84
Stick Animator

#38 Post by bond84 »

Heyo~

So beta just hit, anyone interested in the game, playing or joining in, I'm streaming it all night for those to get a taste of it.

Also there are rumors that the level cap is 8 again, however will be raised later on?

http://www.twitch.tv/eqfox

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#39 Post by minime »

A friend gave me one of his codes to use, and so far i'm enjoying Destiny a lot. :flora:

EDIT:Me and a few friends were jumping on a fan in a server and everyone else join in. :flora:
And then we found a football and started playing with that. :flora:

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#40 Post by Ster Zetanee »

Beta Codes if anyone wants them.
P9GL-5JN8-HLE6
AP38-DENL-RHNH
Both are for the PS4.
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#41 Post by The Rookie »

Definitely pleased with the Beta so far, although I feel like I've largely experienced every thing it has to offer.
But hey, it's a Beta they can't give us everything :roll:

Can't wait until I can get my copy in a few months :mrgreen:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#42 Post by Insomniac »

*Clears throat* Destiny is now in open beta. I will download the beta in a few hours, and once that is finished downloading and installing, you people will not see me for several hours after that. That is all.

*Goes off to completely destroy voice in jubilant screams of joy*
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

bond84
Stick Animator

#43 Post by bond84 »

Insomniac wrote:*Clears throat* Destiny is now in open beta. I will download the beta in a few hours, and once that is finished downloading and installing, you people will not see me for several hours after that. That is all.

System? I need a firefight buddy.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#44 Post by Insomniac »

bond84 wrote:
Insomniac wrote:*Clears throat* Destiny is now in open beta. I will download the beta in a few hours, and once that is finished downloading and installing, you people will not see me for several hours after that. That is all.

System? I need a firefight buddy.
I'm on the PS3, InsomniacFurre
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

bond84
Stick Animator

#45 Post by bond84 »

Insomniac wrote:I'm on the PS3, InsomniacFurre
PS4. Nooooes!