Destiny by Bungie

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Destiny by Bungie

#46 Post by Insomniac »

I got to play some of it today because it downloaded faster than expected. I am LOVING this game so far!

The titan seems to favor guns and his fists initially. The hunter can double and later triple jump, throws knives, and likes long rifles. And the Warlock throws huge balls of space magic and then everything disintegrates. And I don't even know which class I favor yet! I hope we have some PS3 gamers here. I expect to see friend requests in my inbox when I play next on Monday. Would be great to have a fire team to play with, though I don't have a headset so no voice chat.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#47 Post by ButterBall »

Insomniac wrote:I hope we have some PS3 gamers here. I expect to see friend requests in my inbox when I play next on Monday. Would be great to have a fire team to play with, though I don't have a headset so no voice chat.
I could be convinced into participating. It'll probably take me until Monday to finish downloading anyway and even then, I've got work that day so I probably won't be able to play until after 6:00p.m. PST.
*Used to be a guy people knew at one time.*
Avatar by druanderson. Some things are very NSFW.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#48 Post by Insomniac »

ButterBall wrote:
Insomniac wrote:I hope we have some PS3 gamers here. I expect to see friend requests in my inbox when I play next on Monday. Would be great to have a fire team to play with, though I don't have a headset so no voice chat.
I could be convinced into participating. It'll probably take me until Monday to finish downloading anyway and even then, I've got work that day so I probably won't be able to play until after 6:00p.m. PST.
After doing some looking online, I have found that the beta ends tomorrow. Today's the last day...

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#49 Post by Myperson54 »

Insomniac wrote:
ButterBall wrote:
After doing some looking online, I have found that the beta ends tomorrow. Today's the last day...

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
I'm glad that it'll be released for PC though, in 2015 sometime, for those of us who don't want to use a console. I'm fine with waiting at the moment, considering how good the game looks.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#50 Post by The Rookie »

Fun fact about this mornings (2pm PST) super stress test for the Xbox One, where they opened up the moon mission temporarily and all the players came flooding in. The amount of traffic actually managed to break Xbox Live's Friends list and party systems across all games for a few hours, as well as anything match making related in the Beta for roughly 20-30 minutes.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#51 Post by Insomniac »

*stumbles in, exhausted and emotionally drained* We just couldn't beat it...An hour and a half...five attempts...SO CLOSE ON THREE OF THEM...

Context: Devil's Lair. It features souped up versions of all the normal enemies, mini-bosses, and an endboss that takes a LOT of bullets to put down. Me, a buddy, and one of his friends tackled it, and got to the endboss, this [censored] spider tank...We got wiped out five times over an hour and a half JUST fighting that [censored] tank, and each time we got wiped we had to start from the last checkpoint just before it (THANK CHRIST FOR CHECKPOINTS!!!), but eventually, they both quit, so I had to quit because I couldn't handle the normal enemies that spawned throughout the fight. They were handling most of that [censored]. there's a perfect point from which to utterly cheese the tank...as long as the other guys keep the normal enemies occupied, and for some reason they were doing better against the enemies than I was, so we kinda wordlessly agreed that I'd be the [censored] in the corner whittling at the tank.

I WANT this game. It got a little frustrating there at the end, but it felt fair. We got wiped because WE [censored] up. MAYBE the tank could stand to have a little less health...But it's clearly doable if you don't [censored] up too hard.

Also, out in the Old Russia area, around those wrecked cargo planes, this dude sometimes spawns. It says he's level four, but I couldn't even damage him enough to take his shield down when I was level six. Every time I paused to reload his shield would shoot back up. They're gonna have to balance that for the full release.

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#52 Post by minime »

Insomniac wrote:*stumbles in, exhausted and emotionally drained* We just couldn't beat it...An hour and a half...five attempts...SO CLOSE ON THREE OF THEM...

Context: Devil's Lair. It features souped up versions of all the normal enemies, mini-bosses, and an endboss that takes a LOT of bullets to put down. Me, a buddy, and one of his friends tackled it, and got to the endboss, this [censored] spider tank...We got wiped out five times over an hour and a half JUST fighting that [censored] tank, and each time we got wiped we had to start from the last checkpoint just before it (THANK CHRIST FOR CHECKPOINTS!!!), but eventually, they both quit, so I had to quit because I couldn't handle the normal enemies that spawned throughout the fight. They were handling most of that [censored]. there's a perfect point from which to utterly cheese the tank...as long as the other guys keep the normal enemies occupied, and for some reason they were doing better against the enemies than I was, so we kinda wordlessly agreed that I'd be the [censored] in the corner whittling at the tank.

I WANT this game. It got a little frustrating there at the end, but it felt fair. We got wiped because WE [censored] up. MAYBE the tank could stand to have a little less health...But it's clearly doable if you don't [censored] up too hard.

Also, out in the Old Russia area, around those wrecked cargo planes, this dude sometimes spawns. It says he's level four, but I couldn't even damage him enough to take his shield down when I was level six. Every time I paused to reload his shield would shoot back up. They're gonna have to balance that for the full release.
The spider tank isn't the last boss in Devils lair, and that level four guy your talking about could be one of the events, those thing need at least three guys with the best guns to take them down before the reach the last checkpoint.

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#53 Post by ButterBall »

So, the Beta finished downloading earlier than expected and I've been trying it out. I'm impressed. I'm not really sure what I was expecting but I am enjoying myself and I may buy it when I can spare the funds. My biggest issues so far are I don't really have anyone to play with and I seem to randomly disconnect which I'm not sure if it's the Beta or my Internet.

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#54 Post by minime »

ButterBall wrote:So, the Beta finished downloading earlier than expected and I've been trying it out. I'm impressed. I'm not really sure what I was expecting but I am enjoying myself and I may buy it when I can spare the funds. My biggest issues so far are I don't really have anyone to play with and I seem to randomly disconnect which I'm not sure if it's the Beta or my Internet.
What console do you use.

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#55 Post by ButterBall »

minime wrote:
ButterBall wrote:So, the Beta finished downloading earlier than expected and I've been trying it out. I'm impressed. I'm not really sure what I was expecting but I am enjoying myself and I may buy it when I can spare the funds. My biggest issues so far are I don't really have anyone to play with and I seem to randomly disconnect which I'm not sure if it's the Beta or my Internet.
What console do you use.
PS3. Username: mickprod

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#56 Post by Insomniac »

Wait...There's even more after the spider tank? Oh, fml.

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#57 Post by minime »

Insomniac wrote:Wait...There's even more after the spider tank? Oh, fml.
Yea after the tank there is one of those purple ball things to kill and then its over and there is a golden chest in there as well.

ButterBall
Grand Templar

#58 Post by ButterBall »

And the Beta's over now.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#59 Post by Insomniac »

ButterBall wrote:And the Beta's over now.
Well damn. I'd hoped that I'd be able to play a little more tonight, but I suppose not. Well my friends, hope to see y'all in the full game! And hope I don't have to wait TOO long after release to GET the game...

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#60 Post by The Rookie »

It's here ! It's finally here ! :mrgreen:

Now I've only got to wait 3 more weeks before I can go home and play it... Yay....
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.