Destiny by Bungie

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Tygron
Notakitty!

Re: Destiny by Bungie

#136 Post by Tygron »

Given that the game has been out on consoles for a little bit and the beta came out people with intent to create tools to do things within the game have had enough time to make something that could theoretically work day one on the PC version.

That being said yes Bungie is supposedly renigging on some of their bans

I don't think they've fully admitted to what the false positives were yet. But it's clear it's happened.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#137 Post by Lief »

Tygron wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:51 am Given that the game has been out on consoles for a little bit and the beta came out people with intent to create tools to do things within the game have had enough time to make something that could theoretically work day one on the PC version.
^ This.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#138 Post by Insomniac »

Envy661 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:42 am
I don't blame Bungie itself for this, mind you. I'd put the blame more on Activision, and I most DEFINITELY see this as something Activision would do.
Is this...something Activision/Blizzard have ever done? Or anything like this in any way? Heck, the second link you posted in response to my post even undermined your point. Granted it's just Bungie's word that the bans weren't automatic, and that things like Discord and suchlike wouldn't result in bans, but again, is what your original comment was about something Bungie, Activision, or Blizzard have ever done, or done anything even remotely similar to?
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#139 Post by Envy661 »

Insomniac wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:49 pm
Envy661 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:42 am
I don't blame Bungie itself for this, mind you. I'd put the blame more on Activision, and I most DEFINITELY see this as something Activision would do.
Is this...something Activision/Blizzard have ever done? Or anything like this in any way? Heck, the second link you posted in response to my post even undermined your point. Granted it's just Bungie's word that the bans weren't automatic, and that things like Discord and suchlike wouldn't result in bans, but again, is what your original comment was about something Bungie, Activision, or Blizzard have ever done, or done anything even remotely similar to?
This one is not hard to find yourself with a simple google search. Activision is a lot like Nintendo in how they handle monetized Youtube videos and Streams showing their games. Basically, if you're not saying nice things, or if you don't fit with their message (In Nintendo's case, it's primarily blatantly non kid-friendly Youtubers playing their games. For Activision, their rules are a lot more ambiguous), then you're going to have copyright strikes to deal with. Activision is one of the bigger "Triple A" Publishers to abuse the system in this way. I'm not saying EA or Ubisoft are good companies by comparison. Just that This is Activision's Niche for being scummy. Hence why I said this totally seems like something Activision would do. They don't want "Just Anyone" streaming their games, so they'd do whatever they could to deal with that.

And the second link doesn't undermine the first. Both have very similar information. The second just held a more Bungie/Activison-friendly tone in it.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!