Star Citizen

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Re: Star Citizen

#76 Post by Envy661 »

It's unplayable for me. Which is weird when I have problems with zero other games, and the modules worked perfectly fine prior to the update.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#77 Post by Ryusen »

It's been 50-50 for me. I imagine their servers aren't really set up to handle the massive influx of people that are bound to be drawn in by all the recent media attention. I suppose that makes this an unofficial stress test? Well, I hope they can use this to get some good data about server performance so they can work on it as they continue to progress through alpha.
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#78 Post by Ravenous222 »

Ever since 2.1 came out it's been running super smoothly for me, no crashing so far, glitching is down but not non existent. it's pre pre alpha what can you expect haha. I am however loving the new revenant gatling guns, I put 4 of em on my connie andromeda and she can take down vanguards pretty easily provided i have a decent lock on em. oh yeah, and hi haha havent been around in...a while. :| PS if anyone wants to join an Org, and if I know you, lemme know. You can join mine if you want.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.-Arjen Lucassen
One man's insanity is another man's reality.-Tim Burton

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#79 Post by Envy661 »

I'll have to see if 2.1 runs for me... I think I got a whopping 5 minutes of playtime with 2.0. And that even only after modifying the main game file for better optimization on my machine.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that Twokinds has an officially represented ORG, Pathfinder Exploration United. A name decided and agreed upon by Lief, SirSlaughter, myself, and a few others. If anyone wants to join the madness, it's open invitation to join for any Twokinds forum members. And remember: You can join multiple Orgs.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/2KINDS/members

We even need flavor text and a backstory, if anyone wants to dedicate time and effort into writing something that fits with the Star Citizen Canon, represents the org's name, but still manages to hold something Twokindsy in there.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#80 Post by Ryusen »

So 2.4 just dropped, bringing a number of updates, fixes, and new content. Specifically, they have introduced the concept of persistence within the Star Citizen universe. To accompany this, there is a new form of alpha-UEC used to purchase upgrades, clothes, and other items.
One of the biggest features we’ve implemented in Alpha 2.4.0 is our first iteration of true server-side Persistence. Persistent databases are what allow us to store information on items, ships, and actions that a player has taken, such that they can return to exactly where they left off session-to-session. This is a huge step forward into the “Persistent” part of making the “Persistent Universe” the vast universe we all look forward to.
During this first iteration, the following items will now “Persist” on the database and be saved from session to session.
  • Alpha UEC
  • Item Purchases
  • Hangar Configurations
  • Ship Loadouts
  • Character Loadouts
  • Crusader Reputation (Criminal and Defender)
As new features are developed during Alpha, we anticipate that we will periodically reset the database to make way for new changes and fix problems that may have been diagnosed.
Interestingly, you will now need to refuel, restock weapons, and repair damage to your ship after each mission using the aUEC. And while the gameplay doesn't seem to have changed too much (well, aside from needing to click a few extra buttons upon landing), this is a technical hurdle that is due to be broken. Once I can resume a play session, I will have more interest in keeping up with my ship, missions, or trading.

Full patch notes: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... -Alpha-240
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#81 Post by Envy661 »

I'm actually a little excited for this 2.4 patch.

EDIT:

Okay, after giving it a try, I still see quite a large amount of alpha bugs, but duh, it's alpha that's to be expected.

It really looks like they turned this project around. It's a lot more intuitive and the flight controls and combat in general feels a lot smoother. This is a totally different experience than playing Elite Dangerous, but in a very good way.

I'm still having some trouble with the persistence side of things, but hopefully that will be a lot more fleshed out come 2.5 Also, we still really need, now that actual persistence is here, the ability to buy and keep ships in-game with in-game credits for the duration of the alpha.

If these things are met, I will be one hell of a happy camper with the direction this project is going.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#82 Post by Insomniac »

From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#83 Post by Ryusen »

I feel like I can simplify this whole video:

When you pledged to the development of this game, you had to click that box that stated you understand all money is going to development; you are not buying a ship, you are giving a pledge (which is a separate legal idea). CIG was always clear on that issue, and their new ToS reflect what they've always been saying. Nothing has really changed apart from clarification.

We're just seeing people making mountains out of molehills. Your chances of getting a refund haven't appreciably changed with the new ToS, and this won't affect a vast majority of backers (let alone those who never backed, but feel the need to shout from the rooftops). There's a lot of emotion behind SC on all sides, and you'll find that people love to see a giant fall. We've been seeing this starting with the Kickstarter, and it's not going to stop even when the game releases. Those who've been following the game closely know better than to listen to the FUD, and the people who rely on viewers and subscribers know what to say to get attention. Really, it's nothing we haven't seen before, and nothing we won't see again.