Planetside 2

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Planetside 2

#16 Post by EvilNinjadude »

This thread already exists, hence I shall not make a new one.

With the Esamir Update, everyone already in beta gets another beta key. I'm willing to donate mine on these here forums. Speak up if you want it.

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by TheDragonfiend »

thanks for notifying me that i now have another key i have someone who wants one
ImageImageImage

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#18 Post by EvilNinjadude »

TheDragonfiend wrote:thanks for notifying me that i now have another key i have someone who wants one
The emails should have arrived for most people already, so I'm guessing the value of keys will go down now.

But if still nobody here wants one, then whatever. Plenty of people still want one.

Tygron
Notakitty!

#19 Post by Tygron »

Already had one for joining the Alpha squad thing, but not I guess I have two up for grabs. Snow didn't want mine when I only had one so now I dunno. Debating what I want to do with mine...
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#20 Post by SirSlaughter »

if anyone wants to toss me a beta key I wouldn't mind that. With Hawken in alpha I could do with a game I can play other people in.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#21 Post by Lief »

I also wouldn't mind a beta key.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#22 Post by EvilNinjadude »

SirSlaughter wrote:if anyone wants to toss me a beta key I wouldn't mind that. With Hawken in alpha I could do with a game I can play other people in.
Ask me on steam the next time online, don't want to spam you with more keys than you need. :D

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by TheDragonfiend »

Lief wrote:I also wouldn't mind a beta key.
Ill send one... Robiux can wait (he's a member of my clans allies the baltic wolves on firefall)
ImageImageImage

Tygron
Notakitty!

#24 Post by Tygron »

So the game is set to launch on Novermber 20th.

Being in the beta myself... I can tell you it is NOT ready for launch then. It might come together to be alright by then... but unless they do some quick cleanup, it's going to go through heavy patching after release.
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

TheDragonfiend
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by TheDragonfiend »

They could just mark it as an open beta
ImageImageImage

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#26 Post by SirSlaughter »

Tygron wrote:So the game is set to launch on Novermber 20th.

Being in the beta myself... I can tell you it is NOT ready for launch then. It might come together to be alright by then... but unless they do some quick cleanup, it's going to go through heavy patching after release.
This. Really, this.

I honestly haven't had any serious issues with it that make it game breaking for me. But I don't feel like it's ready yet. Not enough features are ready, the menu layout is still confusing to me, balance issues with that darn minigun need to be taken care of. Trying to fly anything with a mouse is horrid. I really need to buy me a joystick sometime. But it's fun, and I like it a lot, But I don;t feel it's ready yet.

Tygron
Notakitty!

#27 Post by Tygron »

SirSlaughter wrote:
Tygron wrote:So the game is set to launch on Novermber 20th.

This. Really, this.

I honestly haven't had any serious issues with it that make it game breaking for me. But I don't feel like it's ready yet. Not enough features are ready, the menu layout is still confusing to me, balance issues with that darn minigun need to be taken care of. Trying to fly anything with a mouse is horrid. I really need to buy me a joystick sometime. But it's fun, and I like it a lot, But I don;t feel it's ready yet.
Not much of it is game breaking. I believe they fixed Vanu Archives... that was a whole mess of a collision model being rotated wrong. Zurvan's vehicle spawn area has some collision issues on the walkways on the top, which might have been fixed last patch... haven't been back there yet either. Mosquito animations (and maybe other flying vehicles but they appeared fixed the other day other than the Mosq) are broken and don't animate aside from the landing gear. And sometimes those get stuck down. Vehicle camera control is still [censored] up after they tried fixing the turret control. Flying still sucks but isn't so bad at max DPI on your mouse. Or mine atleast. Controllers are working much better now, though the sensitivity slider does nothing and my controller is too sensitive. Audio still sucks and needs to be worked on, specifically between voice and game audio. I have to turn the game down to hear voice because turning voice up distorts it. This causes me to hear whine coming from my computer where i'd rather just hear the game itself.
Squad waypoints, platoon waypoints, outfits, and really anything outfit/ squad related needs a [censored] ton of improvement in my opinion. That's pretty much all i'll play is in a squad.
TheDragonfiend wrote:They could just mark it as an open beta
Supposedly we're in public beta. But it's more a closed beta unless you pay for Alpha squad like I did. November 20th really should be marked open beta, but it likely won't be considered one. I mean sure the game works and is mostly fine. But they're wanting to also launch with three continents. We have Indar and Esamir right now. The third one is going to be a mess. With only a few weeks of beta testing before launch or even worse, no testing before launch.

Mr-Masculine
Citizen

#28 Post by Mr-Masculine »

I just tried this game today.

Extremely laggy, extremely boring, and there's barely any battles anywhere.

So I'll just go ahead and uninstall this while regretting wasting my time making an SoE account.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#29 Post by SirSlaughter »

so you never went to the hot zones. Seriously, o to the hot zones, to the front lines. Plenty of fighting there. I mean PLENTY. Lag: Get your internet fixed, or choose a better server. Boring: This is the kind of games that playing with friends makes the big difference.

Mr-Masculine
Citizen

#30 Post by Mr-Masculine »

All I did in PS2 was look around, walk some places and drove an ATV just cruising around the map while lagging since my CPU isn't suited for this game.
Yes I got shot at some point, but it wasn't in the frontlines.
I'll just play this game again once I get a better CPU.