Halo 4

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Halo 4

#1 Post by Insomniac »

So in the latest issue of Game Informer, we get some interesting news. It's apparently going to involve a Forerunner Shield World, one of which was introduced in the book Ghosts of Onyx. This makes me happy. I always love it when the games validate something from the books. Maybe if we're lucky we'll see what happened to the group that survived Ghosts of Onyx.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

Re: Halo 4

#2 Post by Sable Dove »

As much as Reach multiplayer dropped the ball, I do wish they'd release it for the PC. I do enjoy, for the most part, the story and the overall gameplay. I attribute the competitive multiplayer failings to poor map design and some minor gameplay choices.

But if it's not on PC, I'm not buying it, so I guess I'm gonna be playing it at my friend's place.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3 Post by Schrodinger »

The more I hear about the gameplay choices they're making the more I do not give a crap.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#4 Post by TinyVoices »

Never read the books, but then again that's probably for good judgement.

Eehhnd, I liked Reach. For two weeks. I think I still might like it, but I was just burned out from Halo. Kind of like how I'm burned out from COD, so I probably won't get the next one... But that's for another thread. Overall: not excited.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by SirSlaughter »

I read up on the game informer issue, I can say I am actually excited for this next release. The multiplayer was built from the ground up, The maps are also from the ground up, No "single player experience" crap like that. This time it will be made straight up for the multiplayer. I like the Take on the new spartans and the fact that they address what happens to AI's after a few years. Granted Cortana was supposed to be unique in the fact she does not have the same issue, But her run in with the Gravemind kinda messed up those plans. Chief has a new look (A kickass one I might say), and The BR is back and also the DMR from what I could see. They look great. I mean I know Halo is kinda done with and I was actually in the same boat with the rest of you, But after reading and seeing some footage I am very excited to see what the net trilogy brings.

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

I'm a bit conflicted, not overly excited as I was for every Halo from games to books(big halo nerd), but I kind of want to try it out.
Spoiler!
From what I have herd, we are fighting the covenant again? I can probably understand stragglers, but its still kind of hard to grasp. Also, seeing how we killed three birds with one stone in saving the universe, its hard to imagine where we are going from here. Who is truly the new big baddy in the resurrection of Halo? I mean, we stopped religious fanatics from whipping humanity from existence as well as every other sentient life form, stopped, or at least controlled, the flood from eating away at all sentience in the galaxy and we made peace with those who saw through the Great Schism; I'm pretty much thinking that its going to be pretty difficult to follow up on that.
My feelings on this: meh, I might or might not get it. Kind of like Tinyvoices, I'm kind of burnt out on halo.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#7 Post by Sable Dove »

SirSlaughter wrote: I like the Take on the new spartans and the fact that they address what happens to AI's after a few years. Granted Cortana was supposed to be unique in the fact she does not have the same issue, But her run in with the Gravemind kinda messed up those plans..
If you're referring to rampancy, then Cortana doesn't not have that issue. In fact, because of how advanced she is, Cortana is supposed to be going rampant much faster than other AIs. If I remember right.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Tygron
Notakitty!

#8 Post by Tygron »

Sable Dove wrote:
SirSlaughter wrote: I like the Take on the new spartans and the fact that they address what happens to AI's after a few years. Granted Cortana was supposed to be unique in the fact she does not have the same issue, But her run in with the Gravemind kinda messed up those plans..
If you're referring to rampancy, then Cortana doesn't not have that issue. In fact, because of how advanced she is, Cortana is supposed to be going rampant much faster than other AIs. If I remember right.
Cortana isn't more advanced than other AI from what I remember. She is a smart AI, which there are many of. Just now as many as dumb AI which typically run ships and the like. I forget why she was chosen to be the Autumn's AI, but the ship did have an AI of its own. Stuff like this was revealed in the books though, which were pretty good. My problem though is that they re-wrote the first book to accommodate Halo: Reach. But I think it would be cool to see one of these shield worlds that were mentioned in Ghosts of Onyx. But I don't think we'll be seeing anything from the book as i'm pretty sure it isn't the same one. I could be wrong. But I am curious as to who we're going to be fighting in this game.

Personally though, i'm excited and yet not excited for another Halo game. This one is the start of another trilogy. And i'm a massive Halo fan, I really don't think we need three more games. I love the story, I love the gameplay, but there comes a time when enough is enough.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#9 Post by Insomniac »

Tygron wrote:
Sable Dove wrote:
Cortana isn't more advanced than other AI from what I remember. She is a smart AI, which there are many of. Just now as many as dumb AI which typically run ships and the like. I forget why she was chosen to be the Autumn's AI, but the ship did have an AI of its own. Stuff like this was revealed in the books though, which were pretty good. My problem though is that they re-wrote the first book to accommodate Halo: Reach. But I think it would be cool to see one of these shield worlds that were mentioned in Ghosts of Onyx. But I don't think we'll be seeing anything from the book as i'm pretty sure it isn't the same one. I could be wrong. But I am curious as to who we're going to be fighting in this game.

Personally though, i'm excited and yet not excited for another Halo game. This one is the start of another trilogy. And i'm a massive Halo fan, I really don't think we need three more games. I love the story, I love the gameplay, but there comes a time when enough is enough.
Yeah, Cortana's the same as any other smart AI. She was on the Autumn because the Chief was on the Autumn. They let her choose which Spartan she got. She was only working as the ship's AI because it wasn't there yet. The GI article said that the ancient things with the Forerunners would be part backstory and part immediate issue. Perhaps remnants that used shield worlds to survive? If Fall of Reach was re-written to accommodate Reach, I haven't read that version and will not. It's certainly not going to involve the same shield world as GoO, that wasn't at the edge of the galaxy and this one is. I have high hopes but wait with baited breath to see if Chief encounters the survivors of Onyx beyond the portal within a shield world. Hey, one can hope.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Tygron
Notakitty!

#10 Post by Tygron »

Insomniac wrote:
Tygron wrote:
Sable Dove wrote:

Yeah, Cortana's the same as any other smart AI. She was on the Autumn because the Chief was on the Autumn. They let her choose which Spartan she got. She was only working as the ship's AI because it wasn't there yet. The GI article said that the ancient things with the Forerunners would be part backstory and part immediate issue. Perhaps remnants that used shield worlds to survive? If Fall of Reach was re-written to accommodate Reach, I haven't read that version and will not. It's certainly not going to involve the same shield world as GoO, that wasn't at the edge of the galaxy and this one is. I have high hopes but wait with baited breath to see if Chief encounters the survivors of Onyx beyond the portal within a shield world. Hey, one can hope.
Yea that's right. I've only read through the books once and didn't commit it to memory like everything else I have. I haven't read the new version of Fall of Reach, but I might. It's in the latter part of the book anyway if I remember what I heard right. And I didn't think about the possibility of it being a portal to one central shield world as opposed to different shield worlds. It would be pretty cool to see the survivors of the book in the game. But I won't hold my breath on seeing Kurt or anyone else that survived. Actually i'm not sure if he survived or not it's been so long. I need to go look up a synopsis of the books I guess.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#11 Post by Insomniac »

Tygron wrote: Yea that's right. I've only read through the books once and didn't commit it to memory like everything else I have. I haven't read the new version of Fall of Reach, but I might. It's in the latter part of the book anyway if I remember what I heard right. And I didn't think about the possibility of it being a portal to one central shield world as opposed to different shield worlds. It would be pretty cool to see the survivors of the book in the game. But I won't hold my breath on seeing Kurt or anyone else that survived. Actually i'm not sure if he survived or not it's been so long. I need to go look up a synopsis of the books I guess.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Kurt was one of the ones that made it through, and at least two of the Spartan-IIIs. And I don't know what the portals led to, just that Onyx was a Shield World, and the article in GI mentioned something about Shield Worlds, so...And yeah. It would indeed be very cool to see survivors from Onyx, but nobody should get their hopes up until/unless it's confirmed.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#12 Post by Lief »

Insomniac wrote:
Tygron wrote: Yea that's right. I've only read through the books once and didn't commit it to memory like everything else I have. I haven't read the new version of Fall of Reach, but I might. It's in the latter part of the book anyway if I remember what I heard right. And I didn't think about the possibility of it being a portal to one central shield world as opposed to different shield worlds. It would be pretty cool to see the survivors of the book in the game. But I won't hold my breath on seeing Kurt or anyone else that survived. Actually i'm not sure if he survived or not it's been so long. I need to go look up a synopsis of the books I guess.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Kurt was one of the ones that made it through, and at least two of the Spartan-IIIs.
Spoiler!
Mm, no, unfortunately Kurt didn't make it. He got gutted, basically, packed himself with biofoam, then stayed behind to detonate some nukes.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#13 Post by Insomniac »

Lief wrote:
Insomniac wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Kurt was one of the ones that made it through, and at least two of the Spartan-IIIs.
Spoiler!
Mm, no, unfortunately Kurt didn't make it. He got gutted, basically, packed himself with biofoam, then stayed behind to detonate some nukes.
Oh yeah! I'd forgotten. Thanks for the reminder. Man it's good to have fellow bookhalo nerds around here.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#14 Post by Schrodinger »

Spoiler!
Kurt had the best death.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#15 Post by Lief »

Schrodinger wrote:
Spoiler!
Kurt had the best death.
He definitely did.