Halo 4

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Tygron
Notakitty!

Re: Halo 4

#106 Post by Tygron »

Spoiler!
I figure since this happened within reach of Earth they'll be flying out to the wreckage to see if they can find anything that might still have Cortana's systems still on it. I mean they flew out to find John, why not her? I figure the first mission in 5 will be "go find Cortana in the wreckage" or at least it will be part of a cut scene where she gets found and stuff.
Really i'm not too sure what they can do at this point for story, but then I wasn't sure what they were gonna do for story in 4 so meh. I suppose by the end of 6 humanity will have claimed the Mantle and be awesome and rule the universe and [censored]. Which kinda seems like a lame ending to the whole thing... they better make it a damn good ride on the way there. But 343 did a damn good job with this game, so I have faith the next two will be nice and epic too.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#107 Post by Schrodinger »

This "Mantle of Responsibility" crap irks me. Sounds to me like a writ of self-validation to do whatever the hell you want in the name of the greater good.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#108 Post by anonfox123 »

Considering the Didact's actions, I think that's exactly what it is. Or at least what it's become, without the more level-headed forerunners around to keep more extreme methods in check.

Oh well, the first in a new trilogy, there probably will be some questions left unanswered.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Tygron
Notakitty!

#109 Post by Tygron »

anonfox123 wrote:Or at least what it's become, without the more level-headed forerunners around to keep more extreme methods in check.
Sounds kinda familiar doesn't it?
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#110 Post by anonfox123 »

Tygron wrote:
anonfox123 wrote:Or at least what it's become, without the more level-headed forerunners around to keep more extreme methods in check.
Huh? Me no savvy... Explain, please? :?

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#111 Post by Envy661 »

anonfox123 wrote:
Tygron wrote:
Remember the Covenant.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Tygron
Notakitty!

#112 Post by Tygron »

Envy661 wrote:
anonfox123 wrote:
Tygron wrote:
Remember the Covenant.
I was thinking a little more irl, but I REALLY don't want to put that discussion here.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#113 Post by anonfox123 »

To Envy: Was anyone in the Covenant really that level headed? It took a civil war to turn the Elites around, and even then, not all of them were on board with the plan. (Darn Storm Elites...)

To Tygron: Oh. Ok. I think I have some idea what you're talking about now. Fine then, we won't talk about it. It would be off topic anyway. S:P

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#114 Post by Envy661 »

anonfox123 wrote:To Envy: Was anyone in the Covenant really that level headed? It took a civil war to turn the Elites around, and even then, not all of them were on board with the plan. (Darn Storm Elites...)
That's what I'm getting at here. Look at what the covenant was doing because there was no level-headed forerunners or anyone else around to stop them. Well, until humanity entered the mix. It's basically the same arc, but a little more simplistic, honestly. And now we're delving deeper into the lore of the Halo universe.

Basically look at the Daidac as the Arbiter from Halo CE - you know, before he became the Arbiter. The only difference here is that he won't become a recurring character. We also got a first taste of the Promethean, much like we got our first taste of the Flood in Halo CE.
What can we expect to see in the next game? The introduction of a forerunner force significantly greater than the Daidac who rules over all Prometheans? Chances are, yes. Similar to Gravemind? Very.

I'm just gonna make a prediction here: Halo 6 starts with Chief falling from the atmosphere out of the sky from an enemy ship. I'm also gonna predict Chief eradicates all existence of the Promethean.

Okay, the second half I may not actually believe. My guess would be more like Synthesis from Mass Effect 3, where humans and technology merge.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#115 Post by Schrodinger »

I've already had enough of space magic.

FurryForlife
Hugger Extraordinaire
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#116 Post by FurryForlife »

Gabriel of creosha wrote:Alright, I know some forumites have this game, and opinions of the ending to the campaign? Any tactics you'd like to share for online? Anyone know how to successfully activate the suppressor's alt fire?

avoid spoilers of the campaign with the spoilers hiders, if possible.

(I apologize if this is the second halo 4 thread, but I didn't see a primary thread)
Here you go my friend.
Story: To be Inspired.
My Sofurry account (I believe unless you log in, or change it, the site is in SFW mode)

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#117 Post by anonfox123 »

Never seemed to notice anything like that while playing...

I can't even imagine how it would be activated, aside from maybe a glitch? It would seem like all the other buttons on the controller are already mapped to an action.

Regarding alt-fire modes in general, I do know that I've missed out on a few awesome ones even on keyboard and mouse games. (Tau cannon can shoot through walls? wtfbbq?)

I could never understand why so many people complain about the boltshot being OP. They always go on and on about how it's a shotgun with more punch and range than both the real shotgun and the scattershot. Uh, hello? half-clip depletion? Fast charge time that goes off as soon as its done? :roll:

Tygron
Notakitty!

#118 Post by Tygron »

The bolt shot isn't even near as good as the shotgun or scattershot. But you do have to know how to use it.

And I can't say I knew about the scattershot secondary. How do?

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#119 Post by Schrodinger »

Does anyone still play Halo4? From what I've been hearing it's become something of a sinking ship.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#120 Post by Envy661 »

Schrodinger wrote:Does anyone still play Halo4? From what I've been hearing it's become something of a sinking ship.
It's about the only multiplayer game I play on xbox. I don't even touch battlefield 3 anymore because of Premium.
As for if it's a sinking ship. I see so many complaints about it, but in all honesty, in my opinion, it's better than Halo: Reach in every single aspect save for 2: Emblems and Armor (And forge being a watered down version of Reach's forge). The styles for armor aren't as good as Reach. Reach had great armor (Excluding helm attachments and such). Halo 4's armor seems kinda... meant to appeal to a younger audience, which isn't really suited for Halo. Halo is more of a mature audience kinda game. Nothing like Call of Duty. The fact that it actually takes some effort to learn how to play decently in Halo makes sure of that.
As for the emblems... Maybe I'm still pissed I can't use my emblem that I used in every single Halo game. They just don't have those emblems anymore, and besides; the new emblem system sucks anyway. That's about the only thing.

Still say down with the Bolt Shot too btw.

I also still say... SWAT just hasn't been as good since sprint became mandatory in it. I wish there was a way to disable sprint just for that one gametype.

Halo 4 and Halo 3, to me, are about the same quality game, with 4 leading with the better campaign. The problem that people find though, is that Halo 4 is NOT Halo 3. They are very different games. And while Halo 4 is a great game that I feel is just as good as Halo 3 was in it's prime, to many, it's just not Halo-y enough for them. It's not a replica of a previous Halo game like Halo Reach was, which everyone hated. It's not an obsolete Havoc physics system with a significant weapons overhaul and game engine fixes, like Halo 3 was to Halo 2. No, it is, for all intents and purposes, it's own game. So the question really is, if it wasn't for the campaign, could it even be called Halo anymore? I mean lets face it. If it wasn't for the fact that you're called spartans, and the fact that spartan IVs were thrown into the story of Halo 4, all the multiplayer aspects could have been used for a completely different game with an entirely different purpose. The only real "Halo" of Halo 4, was the campaign. Spartan ops and Infinity multiplayer really could have been an entirely different game. Because while some elements are the same, it just doesn't really feel like Halo anymore. At least not Halo 3.

But is that a bad thing? Hell no. They made it their own and that's great. I love the Halo 4 multiplayer... So long as I have a team that actually knows how to play. The problem is, it's not Halo 3. That's the only thing people have against Halo 4. It isn't Halo 3. That, and forge is a carbon copy that got rid of the only actually useful features forge in Reach had to offer. The story is awesome. The multiplayer is really fun. It's just not Halo 3.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq