Star Trek Online

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Star Trek Online

#31 Post by avwolf »

Envy661 wrote:
avwolf wrote:They sent me an email about a month ago that their system had been hacked and user data exposed, so they were requiring me to do the whole password recovery thing before they'd let me log in again. Maybe something related to that.
I never received said email.

This is gonna be a problem the next time I wanna play....
Where do you go to request the email?
Was it a Perfect World Entertainment breach, or a Cryptic/STO breach only?
Cryptic breach only. And it apparently only affected some accounts, so maybe yours wasn't one that was affected by the breach.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#32 Post by Insomniac »

So this Account Guard thing is keeping me from playing the game because it won't send me the code to get past it and not have to worry about it ever again, so I decided to just opt out of it. Went into my account, clicked account guard to go to the secure site to opt out, logged in again...and account guard is keeping me from opting out. THIS THING WAS NOT VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#33 Post by Envy661 »

Insomniac wrote:So this Account Guard thing is keeping me from playing the game because it won't send me the code to get past it and not have to worry about it ever again, so I decided to just opt out of it. Went into my account, clicked account guard to go to the secure site to opt out, logged in again...and account guard is keeping me from opting out. THIS THING WAS NOT VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT.
Too bad Atari isn't responsible anymore so we have someone to blame....
Unless Perfect world is just as bad.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#34 Post by avwolf »

I'm guessing it's all on Cryptic -- their user account system for STO (and maybe Champions) appears to be completely separate from PWI's. At least, there's no crossover between my STO account and the PWI account I had to create for Blacklight that I can see.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#35 Post by Insomniac »

avwolf wrote:I'm guessing it's all on Cryptic -- their user account system for STO (and maybe Champions) appears to be completely separate from PWI's. At least, there's no crossover between my STO account and the PWI account I had to create for Blacklight that I can see.
Yeah, the only crossover is that you can use your PWI login info to login to STO. This is all on Cryptic, and I'm starting to lose patience. Having to mash the period key for an hour every time I restart my character for one reason or another to get rid of the damn, unturnoffable info text popups in game is bad enough, and that's not even mentioning having to sort out the useless lockboxes that my broke [censored] can't use from the rest of the loot that I can use, or at least sell.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#36 Post by Envy661 »

Insomniac wrote:
avwolf wrote:I'm guessing it's all on Cryptic -- their user account system for STO (and maybe Champions) appears to be completely separate from PWI's. At least, there's no crossover between my STO account and the PWI account I had to create for Blacklight that I can see.
Yeah, the only crossover is that you can use your PWI login info to login to STO. This is all on Cryptic, and I'm starting to lose patience. Having to mash the period key for an hour every time I restart my character for one reason or another to get rid of the damn, unturnoffable info text popups in game is bad enough, and that's not even mentioning having to sort out the useless lockboxes that my broke [censored] can't use from the rest of the loot that I can use, or at least sell.

Good thing I've been busy playing Evochron Mercenary instead :p
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#37 Post by Insomniac »

So Romulans are a faction to play as now. And all factions are now available from the start now for new players. Anyone tried out the Rommies yet?

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#38 Post by Envy661 »

Insomniac wrote:So Romulans are a faction to play as now. And all factions are now available from the start now for new players. Anyone tried out the Rommies yet?
Nope. All my character slots are used up by fed characters so I can get those accolades for multiple scenario types.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq