Where would you want the next Elder Scrolls game to be?

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Where would you want the next Elder Scrolls game to be?

#16 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

Envy661 wrote:
AlfaWskyDlta wrote:
Envy661 wrote:
AlfaWskyDlta wrote:
Envy661 wrote:How about remastering the giganticness that was Daggerfall, which covered High Rock and Hammerfell. Daggerfall to date, had the largest open world map EVER in ANY GAME ANYWHERE. I believe it was over 56,000 Square Miles. Fuel, which is GIGANTIC in its own right, is tiny in comparison with only 5000 square Miles.

But if they don't remaster Daggerfall, I would love for them to remaster Marrowwind.
Why remaster an old game when you can make a new one? That way the overall design can be optimized for today's tech, rather than reverting back to a design that ran on outdated equipment.
Was that what you said about Halo: Anniversary?
I don't think that Halo: Anniversary was that big of a deal because halo games come out more often then Elder Scrolls games. If Bethesda wasted an entire development cycle on a remake of a previous Elder Scrolls game I'd be pissed.

But what if it came out sooner? Say that it came out a year after their next Fallout game?
If it were treated as a side product instead of the next game in the series then I wouldn't mind at all, in fact that would be awesome!
SpikeRulesHell wrote:
Then I'D be pissed that they haven't given up on Fallout and devoted themselves to ES. :wink:
Hey now, Fallout is a good game. As long as the next one provides innovative changes to the gameplay, (unlike new vegas) it deserves some time in the spotlight.
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#17 Post by Envy661 »

SpikeRulesHell wrote:
Envy661 wrote: But what if it came out sooner? Say that it came out a year after their next Fallout game?
Then I'D be pissed that they haven't given up on Fallout and devoted themselves to ES. :wink:
But Fallout is awesome...
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

SpikeRulesHell
Templar Inner Circle

#18 Post by SpikeRulesHell »

As far as I've seen, Fallout and Elder Scrolls are the *same* game, in a different place, with a different bad guy. I have a personal grudge against Fallout, but more than that, I much prefer a serene, pre-medieval setting to a post-apocalyptic, mutant baddies, everyone's-doomed-to-a-pitiful-existence one. It's much prettier to look at a snowy mountain than a pile of debris.

Holmborn
Master

#19 Post by Holmborn »

okay lets:

personally, i would love to see it in Elseweyr.
Khajit just seems to be in small numbers after having played Skyrim and Oblivion. i want to know more and actully see their city design and all that good jazz.
Within my body, Lies the whole of the universe. I am eternal! -Seth

SpikeRulesHell
Templar Inner Circle

#20 Post by SpikeRulesHell »

Holmborn wrote:Khajit just seems to be in small numbers after having played Skyrim and Oblivion. i want to know more and actully see their city design and all that good jazz.
Skyrim's the first ES game I've ever played in its entirety, to be honest, so this intrigues me as well. On the other hand, I do have to point out that the vast majority Khajiit are scumbags who would sooner slit your throat and steal your wife than even dream of doing something nice for you. At least, they are in Skyrim. Maybe seeing them in their "homeland" would change my mind about this, or at least illustrate as to why they became this way.

MeaCulpa, S.C.M.
The Last Gunslinger

#21 Post by MeaCulpa, S.C.M. »

SpikeRulesHell wrote:
Holmborn wrote:Khajit just seems to be in small numbers after having played Skyrim and Oblivion. i want to know more and actully see their city design and all that good jazz.
Skyrim's the first ES game I've ever played in its entirety, to be honest, so this intrigues me as well. On the other hand, I do have to point out that the vast majority Khajiit are scumbags who would sooner slit your throat and steal your wife than even dream of doing something nice for you. At least, they are in Skyrim. Maybe seeing them in their "homeland" would change my mind about this, or at least illustrate as to why they became this way.
jerk homelands make the most interesting ones, as Morrowind illustrated. :P
VERY, GOOD

SpikeRulesHell
Templar Inner Circle

#22 Post by SpikeRulesHell »

Which brings up something that I found kinda odd - the Dark Elves, whom I assumed would be complete dirtbags who hate everyone, are the most tolerable people in Skyrim. Nords are [censored], Imperials always were, the lizard guys think they're so cool, etc. DEs are the only ones who don't make me want to exterminate their race every time I talk to them. I'm all for a remaster of Morrowind, but popular opinion seems to be against that, for understandable reasons.

Frankly, if we get to screw with the Dominion and wreak general havoc upon their populous, I don't really care where the next game takes place. I shall bathe in their blood and feast upon their corpses. :)

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#23 Post by primalcaller ergos »

well, after talking to that redguard fellow in the (bravil i think it was) mage's guild, whom said he came to cyrodiil to learn because his people didn't aprove of mage-folk,

i always wanted to go to hammerfell, just to see how a mage type char would get treated there.

mostly because i've heard of a D'n'D campaign with a town that has the same attitude: the whole of the population look upon all magi with disdain, just like in dragonlance.
(heck, it was even adviseable in it to have any mage(s) in the group turn invisible and follow along quietly, as drunken brawlers tend to beat up all sorcerers they find,
most shops will refuse to deal with anyone whom even says they know a magic user, and guards will arrest you even if you just cast something to protect yourself from muggers)

of course, i doubt it'd get that far, possibly just getting some dirty looks at the most, but still....

then again, a little something similar happens in skyrim (the nord guy says the same thing at the colledge of winterhold, his people don't aprove either)

so i suppose it's rather extreemely likely that hammerfell would end up with the exact same treatment, via some small isolated outpost full of an organization of sorcerers.

that's why i recently changed my mind to hoping it ends up in akavir. :grin: (how would that be for something entirely new :wink: :mrgreen: )
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me