Twokinds Online, Ended for now

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

Re: Two Kinds Video Game W/ Download Updated 10/11/11

#46 Post by judah4 »

rebelshrub wrote:Yay! This sounds like a game to me! Ok then a question... will being a diffrent race spawn you in a diffrent place then other people like, keidran in the forest or humans in a city? ^^ :redhair:
Right now they all spawn in the same spot but eventually I think there will be multiple places to start from. For now, when you make New character, you wake up in a forest :P sounds familiar, huh?

rebelshrub
Council Member

Re: Two Kinds Video Game W/ Download Updated 10/11/11

#47 Post by rebelshrub »

I am excited about this!you know what... I am going to see if I can create some more quests... ( I have 10 going on 200!) Tell me when you want them!!! ^^ :redhair:

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

Re: Two Kinds Video Game W/ Download Updated 10/16/11

#48 Post by judah4 »

I have just posted a new version of the game :)

The server is going to stay up today but i am not sure if anyone can connect to it :P

IF you want to help download the client 0.06 here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QZBZSVNB and try to connect. Then, post here and tell me
Time,
If you got past the connect button and to the place where it says enter or something,
If you actually enter the world.

If you don't connect the first time, try it at least twice because it does that to me too.

rebelshrub
Council Member

#49 Post by rebelshrub »

Hey I just tried it! Yay it worked for me (first time i clicked connect too!) Hey if you get on sometime send me a message and we can check out the multiplayer! oh and I saw a flower :mrgreen: and the merchant! This is turning out pretty good! ^^ :redhair:

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

#50 Post by judah4 »

rebelshrub wrote:Hey I just tried it! Yay it worked for me (first time i clicked connect too!) Hey if you get on sometime send me a message and we can check out the multiplayer! oh and I saw a flower :mrgreen: and the merchant! This is turning out pretty good! ^^ :redhair:
Okay, if you really were able to connect to the server, that makes me Extremely Happy :mrgreen: I have big plans for this, I just need everything to work :P
right now I am working on making the menu look better and server stuff.

now, pop quiz, what is the name of the flower? I made it right out of the comic. It is low poly but it should be recognizable.

Im going to leave the server on for the next 12 hours or so, so get on it if you can :)

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#51 Post by SirSlaughter »

hmmm, I must try this game soon. I have been so busy with all my other games and stuff I haven't been on my computer a lot like I was nearly a year ago. So Let's see how this is shall we. *clicks download button*

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

#52 Post by judah4 »

SirSlaughter wrote:hmmm, I must try this game soon. I have been so busy with all my other games and stuff I haven't been on my computer a lot like I was nearly a year ago. So Let's see how this is shall we. *clicks download button*
Cool, tell me if you can connect

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#53 Post by SirSlaughter »

Okay I was able to connect just fine. It was actually really fast and the download was pretty quick as well.

I goofed around for a few minutes. I find this really cool and I really want to see this become a reality if not get pretty damned close. Too many times has the idea of a twokinds been brought forth just to die about a good month later. So let me just give my 2 cents.

Okay obviously this is an early build. But the "w" key feels like it sticks when you walk. I would like to see a bit more control with that. And the jumping height (as a human at least) seems a bit high. Other than that I can't really find too many problems with controls. And I found the flower and the merchant. Oh and the wooden block. I like how the building you can actually walk into it. I really hope to be able to walk into a full on mana tower someday. Keep it up and please keep updating. This shows promise. And if you need help let me know. I don't know jack [censored] about game design or programming but I can at least be here for moral support right?

rebelshrub
Council Member

#54 Post by rebelshrub »

Ill connect right now! ^^ :redhair:

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

#55 Post by judah4 »

SirSlaughter wrote:Okay I was able to connect just fine. It was actually really fast and the download was pretty quick as well.

I goofed around for a few minutes. I find this really cool and I really want to see this become a reality if not get pretty damned close. Too many times has the idea of a twokinds been brought forth just to die about a good month later. So let me just give my 2 cents.

Okay obviously this is an early build. But the "w" key feels like it sticks when you walk. I would like to see a bit more control with that. And the jumping height (as a human at least) seems a bit high. Other than that I can't really find too many problems with controls. And I found the flower and the merchant. Oh and the wooden block. I like how the building you can actually walk into it. I really hope to be able to walk into a full on mana tower someday. Keep it up and please keep updating. This shows promise. And if you need help let me know. I don't know jack [censored] about game design or programming but I can at least be here for moral support right?
I went from not knowing anything about programming in July to a multiplayer game now :) I get bored easily but somehow doing this just excites my mind like nothing else did. Moral support is one of the few things that I need to keep this project going, well other than a server host :nora: I just switched around control schemes and I am not fine tuning anything yet like jump height. I am not planning to stop anytime soon because I have fun with this. A lot of this a challenge but I love learning how to do things :mrgreen: I want to make this game as fun for you guys as possible

rebelshrub
Council Member

#56 Post by rebelshrub »

That was awesome :mrgreen: Me and Slaughter went on and just destroyed mr stabby! Hekept coming back so we just kept killing him... (those torches work pretty well too) I had fun for these brief moments... I cant wait until the full game comes out and blows me away! ^^ :redhair:

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

#57 Post by judah4 »

rebelshrub wrote:That was awesome :mrgreen: Me and Slaughter went on and just destroyed mr stabby! Hekept coming back so we just kept killing him... (those torches work pretty well too) I had fun for these brief moments... I cant wait until the full game comes out and blows me away! ^^ :redhair:
Try killing each other ;) Oh, and the merchant is killable but he has a crazy amount of health to prevent that. Also can you tell me if blocking works?

rebelshrub
Council Member

#58 Post by rebelshrub »

He got off but he attacked me and I lost health so... yeah and blocking seemed to work but if you want you and me could get on right now to test stuff out!

judah4
The Cookie Dragon

#59 Post by judah4 »

rebelshrub wrote:He got off but he attacked me and I lost health so... yeah and blocking seemed to work but if you want you and me could get on right now to test stuff out!
Unfortunatly on how the server is set up, I can only get on if i go to a computer on a seperate network. Otherwise, I would be on right now

rebelshrub
Council Member

#60 Post by rebelshrub »

Lol ok then! This is quite the predicament *looks up long words* I think maybe next you should try to add one of the guys moving (like the butterflies ^^) hmmmm and a quest log! ( thus it would have to do with all of my quests!) ^^ :redhair: