Guild Wars 2

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Guild Wars 2

#106 Post by Nazarov »

judah4 wrote:ordered the game today, I should expect it to arrive sometime next week :grin: Can't wait to play

A few days ago I created a Sylvari Mesmer. I never tried the mesmer in gw1 nor 2 and I hate them as an enemy in PVP so I was curious. Currently she's on level 6 and I really like it :)
img1 img2

thisisntchris87
Citizen

#107 Post by thisisntchris87 »

You all play GW2 also!?!? :mrgrin:

Level 80 engineer here. Game is awesome, except for the bugs and such; haven't gotten back to it because of online drama elsewhere.

Engineer is my only character at the moment, been playing the class constantly.

See you in game.

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

#108 Post by Nazarov »

The engineer is awesome I love the grenade kit with 30 trait points on explosive. Dropping 3 grenades at once which is cause vulnerability is very effective :twisted:
In the last story quest ( before the Arah dungeon ) where you need to kill the eye, I killed it 3-5 minutes. With Elementalist I fought at least for 10-15 minutes.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#109 Post by judah4 »

The game should get here the first. I'm planning to run as an engineer and then maybe a side character with anything that uses swords :grin:

thisisntchris87
Citizen

#110 Post by thisisntchris87 »

Nazarov wrote:The engineer is awesome I love the grenade kit with 30 trait points on explosive. Dropping 3 grenades at once which is cause vulnerability is very effective :twisted:
In the last story quest ( before the Arah dungeon ) where you need to kill the eye, I killed it 3-5 minutes. With Elementalist I fought at least for 10-15 minutes.
Engineers should always carry grenades and with all the traits for it. I figured this out in like the first few days of GW2's release. Its practically a required kit, because otherwise the engineer doesn't seem as viable. Especially in WvW, which is where I'm at mostly.

Everything else is optional based on the conditions of the engagement. Speaking of conditions, stacking condition damage is practically a must. Grenades, flamethrower, elixir gun, the engineer has plenty of conditionals in his/her kits and gadgets that can benefit.

Besides that I use dual pistols, which seems to be the standard thing to run with also. They are more useful than Pistol/Shield or the Rifle I've noticed. Their abilities are more interesting and are valuable in any situation.

Been playing around with the Tools trait line right now. Some of them are interesting.

My 2 cents on the engineer.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#111 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

thisisntchris87 wrote:
Nazarov wrote:The engineer is awesome I love the grenade kit with 30 trait points on explosive. Dropping 3 grenades at once which is cause vulnerability is very effective :twisted:
Engineers should always carry grenades and with all the traits for it. I figured this out in like the first few days of GW2's release. Its practically a required kit, because otherwise the engineer doesn't seem as viable. Especially in WvW, which is where I'm at mostly.

Everything else is optional based on the conditions of the engagement. Speaking of conditions, stacking condition damage is practically a must. Grenades, flamethrower, elixir gun, the engineer has plenty of conditionals in his/her kits and gadgets that can benefit.

Besides that I use dual pistols, which seems to be the standard thing to run with also. They are more useful than Pistol/Shield or the Rifle I've noticed. Their abilities are more interesting and are valuable in any situation.

Been playing around with the Tools trait line right now. Some of them are interesting.

My 2 cents on the engineer.
All my friends tell me that engineers are boring and weak. Mayhaps I should try one next character to prove them wrong :P

Btw that new patch screw over anyone else today? My friends and I were dungeoning and some of us kept getting kicked from the party. :/
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

thisisntchris87
Citizen

#112 Post by thisisntchris87 »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
All my friends tell me that engineers are boring and weak. Mayhaps I should try one next character to prove them wrong :P

Btw that new patch screw over anyone else today? My friends and I were dungeoning and some of us kept getting kicked from the party. :/
I think the reason most people call engineers boring or weak, is because its a weird class to being with. It has a completely unorthodox play style when compared with "normal" classes.

I have no problems in Dungeons or WvW as an engineer. In fact I get the feeling that the engineer was designed specifically for WvW. I hear that engineers are good in PvP as well, but I haven't tired that portion of the game yet. WvW is so much fun. :mrgrin:

Azulu
Grand Templar

#113 Post by Azulu »

*hits herself first before she posts for making a second topic about this*

Oh well. I'm here now, ain't I? Ok, lets kick this thing off!

Main character: Naudia Whiteroot
Race: Sylvari
Profession: Guardian
Level: aaalmost lv 80
Guild: Circle of Faith [cog]
Server: Aurora Glade [EU]

Can I just say... I LOVE the Sylvari. I've made 4 so far of which I kept two. The other one is a Necromancer.

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

#114 Post by Nazarov »

Here is mine datasheet too:

Main character: Raine Ironfur ( Yeah it's a familiar name isn't it? :D )
Race: Charr - Iron Legion
Profession: Engineer
Level: 80
Guild: Virtual Hunters [VH]
Server: Whiteside Ridge [EU]

A pic about her:
she's wearing a mixed armor set (some Charr NPC use this variation):

My Engineer:

My Necro:

And my newest character a cute little asua warrior :)

Azulu
Grand Templar

#115 Post by Azulu »

Nazarov wrote:Here is mine datasheet too:

Main character: Madelyn Adelade ( Yeah it's a familiar name isn't it? :D )
Race: Charr - Iron Legion
Profession: Engineer
Guild: Virtual Hunters [VH]
Server: Whiteside Ridge [EU]
Whiteside Ridge huh? I think our server has battled that one some times. We must be almost the same strength! :wink:

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#116 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Oh, are we doing this now? Alrighty :P

Main character: Searous Entrosson
Race: Norn
Profession: Mesmer
Guild: Men Against Dragons [MAD]
Server: Sea of Sorrows [US] (unofficial pacific server :P)

I don't want to provide a pic because...he doesn't look cool yet. He's wearing magic find armour. :roll:

I must say, those horns are damn cool. I never saw the option for my charr ranger, unfortunately.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Unkowndeth
Templar Master

#117 Post by Unkowndeth »

Main character: Hathiar
Race: Sylvari
Profession: Necromancer
Guild: None really, been wandering from guild to guild since my main guild from gw1 all stopped playing
Server: Sanctum Ral (because the server hosts a lot of community events for free stuff)

FurryForlife
Hugger Extraordinaire
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#118 Post by FurryForlife »

Totally didn't realize we had one of these.

Anyways, I've got a level 80 on Dragonbrand, how many people here play this?
Story: To be Inspired.
My Sofurry account (I believe unless you log in, or change it, the site is in SFW mode)

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

#119 Post by Nazarov »

if anyone's interested: Free trial weekend

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#120 Post by Envy661 »

I just got the game. gonna install it now.
someone tell me what world or server or whatever to go to! >.<
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!