Counterfit Pokemon Games

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

Counterfit Pokemon Games

#1 Post by Ironworks »

I don't know how many others here have stumbled across any, or heard of them for that matter, but with the constant idea of different Pokemon "Versions", it had caused a lot of people to make fake/counterfit pokemon versions of the Games.
Pokemon Orange version, Some without a listed name, all kinds of them.

I have no idea where my friend had gotten it, but he actually had a "Pokemon Green" version. Now, I don't mean Leaf Green, no no no. This was YEARS before the GBA had even come out, and it was made for the Gameboy (original I believe).
It featured a Venesaur on the cover of it, and was very poorly translated. Had little differences between other versions, and was probably a copy of Red or Blue.

My friend came across this story, of a Pokemon BLACK version, for the Gameboy.
It's stated in the description that it may or may not be true, but it was one of the more in depth descriptions of a counterfit I had ever come across before. Unfortunately there's no credibility behind it, so I dont want to believe its absolutely believable.
EDIT: After more research, I believe this game to be a rumor and nothing more

So, anyone here come across any counterfit Pokemon games in the past? Heard of any other stories like this one?

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

Re: Counterfit Pokemon Games

#2 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

oh hell dude! i read about the black one, creeped the crap out of me!

SAW? fine. freddy VS jason? kinda funny. pokemon black made into a movie? will have nightmares for a week.

seriously, read it, so scary.

but on topic i once found a counterfit pokemon game called something like "pokemon lightning" in a Thailand drift store.

its BARELY fit onto my GB (as in a had to push it in) and it wasn't even pokemon! it was kinda similar, only you could only have 2 animals on you at a time and you called them on your cellphone to get more to come to you (lol).

also there were swears, and i was like 7 so that was a big deal for me.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3 Post by tony1695 »

GumbyDarnit wrote:I have no idea where my friend had gotten it, but he actually had a "Pokemon Green" version.
I don't know if you're aware of this, but "Pokemon Green" was the literal translation of the name of one of the original Pokemon games, what we all know as "Pokemon Blue."
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Extorio
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Extorio »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
but on topic i once found a counterfit pokemon game called something like "pokemon lightning" in a Thailand drift store.

its BARELY fit onto my GB (as in a had to push it in) and it wasn't even pokemon! it was kinda similar, only you could only have 2 animals on you at a time and you called them on your cellphone to get more to come to you (lol).

also there were swears, and i was like 7 so that was a big deal for me.
I played that one :')
I really got into it and got quite far until the constant cellphone usage bored me.

Pokemon Black? I played that and thought it was quite a decent copy, what, with its own pokemon and all.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#5 Post by Envy661 »

GumbyDarnit wrote:
I have no idea where my friend had gotten it, but he actually had a "Pokemon Green" version. Now, I don't mean Leaf Green, no no no. This was YEARS before the GBA had even come out, and it was made for the Gameboy (original I believe).
It featured a Venesaur on the cover of it, and was very poorly translated. Had little differences between other versions, and was probably a copy of Red or Blue.
Actually, Pokemon Green was a real game. It was released solely in Japan, and did, in fact, feature a Venesaur on the cover. However, a translated version of the game, while not counterfeited, is probably an altered version of it.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by Ironworks »

Extorio wrote:Pokemon Black? I played that and thought it was quite a decent copy, what, with its own pokemon and all.
Are you speaking of the new one, or the rumored GameBoy Original cartridge?
tony1695 wrote:I don't know if you're aware of this, but "Pokemon Green" was the literal translation of the name of one of the original Pokemon games, what we all know as "Pokemon Blue."
Envy661 wrote: Actually, Pokemon Green was a real game. It was released solely in Japan, and did, in fact, feature a Venesaur on the cover. However, a translated version of the game, while not counterfeited, is probably an altered version of it.
I was actually unaware of this.
However the game my friend had was undoubtedly counterfeit. It lacked any seal of Nintendo on it at all, and was just a copy of (I believe) Red version, but with different colorations (Played on gameboy color) as well as poor translations, having obviously not been prepared for an english launch

hands_of_stealth
Grand Templar

#7 Post by hands_of_stealth »

Many years ago, I remember playing this pokemon version called "Pokemon: Jade" which had some sort of deer/antelope monster for a cover. The game, despite a few similarities, played nothing like pokemon...lemme try to enumerate what the game was about...

1. The character had a predetermined name called "Mr. Beck"
2. There are no actual pokemon, it's a completely different game with completely different monsters.
2. You always had this weird dog-looking pokemon for a starter.
3. You didn't have to capture pokemon. You had to add their cellphone number.
4. When you meet an opponent, you have the option of calling some pokemon. after which they will take a set amount of turns to arrive (depending on how far you are from where you added them).
5. The battles are played out by AI. You don't choose the moves your monsters use.
6. You pokemon can weild a weapon.

...hmmm thats what I can remember.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#8 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

hands_of_stealth wrote:Many years ago, I remember playing this pokemon version called "Pokemon: Jade" which had some sort of deer/antelope monster for a cover. The game, despite a few similarities, played nothing like pokemon...lemme try to enumerate what the game was about...

2. There are no actual pokemon, it's a completely different game with completely different monsters.
4. When you meet an opponent, you have the option of calling some pokemon. after which they will take a set amount of turns to arrive (depending on how far you are from where you added them).
5. The battles are played out by AI. You don't choose the moves your monsters use.

sounds like exactly what i played.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Extorio
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by Extorio »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
hands_of_stealth wrote:Many years ago, I remember playing this pokemon version called "Pokemon: Jade" which had some sort of deer/antelope monster for a cover. The game, despite a few similarities, played nothing like pokemon...lemme try to enumerate what the game was about...

sounds like exactly what i played.
Yep, same here.
GumbyDarnit wrote:
Extorio wrote:Pokemon Black? I played that and thought it was quite a decent copy, what, with its own pokemon and all.
I have no idea.
I only ever downloaded the ROM of it, I never bought the physical game. It was similar, graphics wise, the GBA games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald).

Ezio
Citizen

#10 Post by Ezio »

pokemon black sounds Kick-A man
it's my type of game right there :twisted:

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#11 Post by Sage Asuka »

Extorio wrote:
GumbyDarnit wrote:
I have no idea.
I only ever downloaded the ROM of it, I never bought the physical game. It was similar, graphics wise, the GBA games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald).
Seems you're a bit confused...as am I as I thought Black and White had better 3D graphics than the three games you mentioned.

But from what I understand the rumored Black plays like an older gameboy game. It's pretty much been ruled a rumor by this point...although I must admit I'm surprised no one has actually tried to program this thing and make it real.
Image Image Image Image

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#12 Post by coal »

I know someone with black veeersion, just cause it's out in japan.
Also, I've come across lots of these things for like 3-4 dollars apiece in china town. I've never tried them. ^^

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#13 Post by Sage Asuka »

coal wrote:I know someone with black veeersion, just cause it's out in japan.
Also, I've come across lots of these things for like 3-4 dollars apiece in china town. I've never tried them. ^^
pfff
We're not talking about that black version XD This one is a 'scary pokemon rumor' where you could kill everyone in the game and had to face the guilt of it at the end. It started up before Pokemon made a REAL Black version. Or at least I'm sure it did. Either way most conclude that it's all fake. Nonetheless it makes for one creepy story.
Image Image Image Image

bond84
Stick Animator

#14 Post by bond84 »

In fact I have. Currently working on making my own "Fake Pokemon" game.
Would love to have a sig but I don't have anything sig worthy to be honest...

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#15 Post by Sage Asuka »

bond84 wrote:In fact I have. Currently working on making my own "Fake Pokemon" game.
Oh really :0 please share
Image Image Image Image