For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Windwaker
Superior to Checkers Drive-Thru
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

Adjustable Stats

#1 Post by Windwaker »

For all you min-maxers out there. :kathrin:

So, when you've got a game that lets you control the statgrowth on a character, what're your strategies? Do you focus everything on one stat, or try to make them well-rounded?

Do you just increase 'em on instinct or do you work it out--math, whatever--ahead of time? What're some of your favorite games with controllable stat growth, and how have you abused them?

ETC.

Discuss/tell tales of famous munchkins/what have you. :P

(I made this topic because I was playing Shin Megami Tensei Online, and they've got a crazy customizable system on top of standard stats. So I wondered how people dealt with this [censored].)
Tom wrote:Hi! 8)
MeaCulpa, S.C.M. wrote:Jimmies: Rustled
Yash wrote:At the tender age of 22, my quest for the ultimate philly cheese steak sandwich begins now.

Sefris
Templar Master

Re: Adjustable Stats?

#2 Post by Sefris »

Windwaker wrote: (I made this topic because I was playing Shin Megami Tensei Online, and they've got a crazy customizable system on top of standard stats. So I wondered how people dealt with this [censored].)
I was going to use Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor as an example. On my character in that, I put all the points evenly into strength and agility. I either do that, or full on intelligence/magic damage for games that have that. Lots of damage quickly and accurately, but quite frail. The goal is to kill them before they can hurt me. :grin: I played SMT Imagine a bit in beta, but I haven't since. Maybe I'll get back into it.

Windwaker

Re: Adjustable Stats?

#3 Post by Windwaker »

I'm only level five so far, but it's great fun.

Anyway, what happens to that build when you run into a fast-zombie equivalent? :P
Yash wrote:At the tender age of 22, my quest for the ultimate philly cheese steak sandwich begins now.

Sefris
Templar Master

Re: Adjustable Stats

#4 Post by Sefris »

Zombies? Like, resistant to physical? In SMT: DS you have two demon allies in each group and four groups, so there's always backup and it's not a problem if one individual can't hit a weakness. And my main character has some magic too to get around that. If I misunderstood what you meant you'll have to clarify. In SMT Imagine's beta I went for magic use.

Windwaker

#5 Post by Windwaker »

Nah, by fast-zombie equivalent, I was referring to Half Life 2.

I mean, what if something that does serious damage up close rushes you? Spam magic and pray? :P

Sefris
Templar Master

#6 Post by Sefris »

Windwaker wrote:Nah, by fast-zombie equivalent, I was referring to Half Life 2.

I mean, what if something that does serious damage up close rushes you? Spam magic and pray? :P
Circle-strafe to victory! I've yet to be killed by fast zombies. They also tend to be quite frail, so in an RPG setting it would be like fighting a weaker version of my character, probably lacking the skills and spells I have.