Nintendo 3DS

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Lorenzo
Master

Re: Nintendo 3DS

#61 Post by Lorenzo »

In my experience I don't get eye strain that much then again I only play 3D mode around 10 mins at a time but I have read the warnings from nintendo and my store it is advised that you play for about 20 mins 3D mode max then take a break for another 20 mins
"Put the villager down. Put it down!" * screaming "good dragon."

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#62 Post by Envy661 »

The issue I take with this is, we have this product that Nintendo is primarily advertising to children. A product that cause cause severe health risks from prolonged exposure. Was it really a positive thing to do to release such a product to children in the US? My theory is that when the time comes that parents have to take their kids to the doctor/eye doctor over this, Nintendo will get hell about it.
I mean, the warning label is a liability waiver to an extent. When children under the age of 8 or so are involved, the waiver could wind up void because it isn't sensible for children to follow said warning label.

I see Nintendo having big lawsuits taken out against them for this product. I just don't find it sensible, nor do I find it in good business sense.

The reason the same argument can't be made about other 3D products? All other 3D products are adult sales oriented, meaning the target audience for other 3D products is focused at adults, aside from 3D movies streaming in theaters, which haven't been known to cause such problems this excessively.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

tyber13
Templar Master

#63 Post by tyber13 »

I'm not buying until good games get released for it.
anyone else doing the same?
Hi.

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#64 Post by Ironworks »

tyber13 wrote:I'm not buying until good games get released for it.
anyone else doing the same?
I've already picked one up myself, hence my review of the 3DS on the last page.
However, kinda wishing I didn't. Only good game is SSFIV, and the rest are absolute jokes. Luckily, SSFIV is awesome, and shows what the system is truly capable of, I was impressed.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:I would rather have the glasses option, It's causing blindness for gods sake! I mean.. blind-ness. Jesus, listen up! If you play it too long you loose you sight, one of the 5 big things you really need. But That's your choice, not mine.
Well firstly, there's no actual proof or studies backing up it's potential to cause blindness, merely reports of sever discomforts and headaches.
And while there's no glasses option, there's always the option of turning 3D off...

Lorenzo
Master

#65 Post by Lorenzo »

not to my knowledge about an auto option but there are 2 average games in NZ Ghost recon and Sims 3 are the ones I bought they are pretty good DS FPSs are so much fun
"Put the villager down. Put it down!" * screaming "good dragon."

Twayblade
Cogito Ergo Nom

#66 Post by Twayblade »

theres a little switch on the right side of the screen where you can turn the 3D on and off, if your eyes start hurting, just flip it and :O

the games dont look bad at all non-3D
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"

TwoKinds Telegram

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#67 Post by Ironworks »

Lorenzo wrote:not to my knowledge about an auto option but there are 2 average games in NZ Ghost recon and Sims 3 are the ones I bought they are pretty good DS FPSs are so much fun
Puunnccttuuaattiioonn...
I can't tell if you mean you bought them both, or are merely judging based on your own impressions of previous games under the same title.
Either way, Ghost Recon is NOT an FPS. It's a turn based strategy game, and one which was not even designed for the 3DS. It was meant as a DS release, but held off to be a crap 3DS launch.
The Sims is merely the Sims, though toned down from it's console versions.
Only two Average games out there currently are Nintendogs and SSFIV (barely toned down whatsoever)
Twayblade wrote: the games dont look bad at all non-3D
Not one bit! In fact even better.
I'm seriously surprised at what this little handheld can do. Get rid of the painful 3D gimmick, give it a proper battery life, and a few good games, and it would be absolutely perfect.

The Grim Reader
Templar GrandMaster

#68 Post by The Grim Reader »

It's not Nintendo's fault that people don't know the meaning of the word Moderation. It's something as simple as switching a switch that can make all the difference. Honestly, if you were to try suing Nintendo for your pain and suffering, the General Warning will stop that happening. Secondly, it does have the option to be 2D, no one ever says you have to play 3D on a 3DS. So basically, yeah. Other than that, it sounds pretty cool. Although, for the kinda price you pay just to play in 3D is a little high. And I'm not talking about the price tag either.
Wynni wrote:Instead of using he internet to play a villan, I prefer to play a heroine ;)
"If life gives you lemons, throw the lemons back at life and tell life limes are better."ImageImageImageImage[/url]Image

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#69 Post by Nuff »

I while back I managed to get to try out the 3DS on their roadshow and was left a little unimpressed. Yes it was 3D without glasses which I was told shortly after getting into playing it "may not work for everyone because not everyone can see 3D correctly" which is handy. The game on there was a simple shoot your face after they take a picture of you and stick it on all the enemies kinda thing. Which was mildly entertaining for the duration of it's 3 minutes but I can't see it making me buy one. It's also very expensive.

Even with the promises of being able to watch 3D movies on it but lets be frank, who wants to watch a movie on such a tiny screen? I doubt that it'll be any time soon for a game release that truly makes the most of the 3D and just like the movies it's a novelty that wears thin before too long. where the Wii was actually an interesting step into the casual market (even if I dislike the casual gaming world and the motion controllers are still wonky) the 3DS isn't. It's pretty, but that is it, and if Nintendo don't end up losing money on this thing after their massive expenditure on advertisement and promo events then the general public scores another point on the stupid scale.

miles_edgeworth
Citizen

#70 Post by miles_edgeworth »

Finally got one. I have no games for it right now, but the 3d is fun to play with for a while. I don't think I'll get any games for a while though.
really hyped for these games:
Star Fox 64
Zelda OoT
Paper Mario
resident evil
SMB 3d
and plenty more
Enough expository banter! It's time we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh, IT IS MORPHING TIME!

Thanks to Glitcher for the avatar!!

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#71 Post by Sage Asuka »

3DS just became a lot more attractive
http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/cutepres ... in_america!/
Tales of the Abyss confirmed for localization. Told you all to wait and see.
Image Image Image Image

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#72 Post by Ironworks »

Yeeeesssssss!
I'm suddenly a bit happier with my purchase of this overpriced handheld =D

miles_edgeworth
Citizen

#73 Post by miles_edgeworth »

yessss!! I may already own TotA, but its scratched and loads slow. Yay tales on the go. Now Give us Tales of Symphonia, and an American release date for Tales of Graces F.

Sadly We might not get Layton vs ace attorney, seeing as Capcom doesn't wanna send more ace attorney to America. Level 5 please send the love.

EDIT: Tales of the Abyss will be the first 3ds RPG, meaning a lot of people will buy it. If the sales of TotA and Graces F are good, the series will continue in America. If not, then we'll lose them. (;_;)
Enough expository banter! It's time we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh, IT IS MORPHING TIME!

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#74 Post by Ironworks »

So it's finally launched, the Nintendo 3DS eShop. Took 'em long enough...
Firstly I must say I'm highly disappointed in Nintendo for having released this so long after the system's launch. Granted yes, I know they wanted it to be perfect, but that doesn't make the system's launch uselessness any better. With such little games available at launch, many people were banking on being able to at least download good 'ol classics from their childhood or something, but instead were only told Nintendo wasn't ready enough to have their system do what it was supposed to. Come on Nintendo.

With my little rant out of the way, back to the eShop.
The first day of launch I was fairly unhappy with what I saw. Only 3 virtual console games available, a free "3D Pokedex" to download, and a remake of the ever so fun Excite Bike. Not at all what I was expecting after a two month delay.
However, my opinion started to shift to a more positive note just the next day. I turned it on to be greeted by The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, only delayed by a day, not to mention a "New from E3" section which allowed you to not only download trailers of upcoming games, but actually see them in 3D as they were meant to be. Now the 3D part doesn't please me all too much, as I can't play in 3D personally without getting a headache 5 minutes later, but I was glad they at least did this. It was great to be able to watch the trailers in 3D at least.
And while I never played Link's Awakening myself, I'm glad I'll be able to now.

Still not at the point of being impressed by the 3DS, let alone pleased, but we're getting there!

Side note, Ocarina of Time in 3 days :D
Between Links Awakening and this, I is a happy Zelda fan :)

miles_edgeworth
Citizen

#75 Post by miles_edgeworth »

OK e3 news.
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/#/all/
super Mario 3d looks great! tanooki suit ftw!
star fox coming this September.
still no new news of paper Mario.
GumbyDarnit wrote: Side note, Ocarina of Time in 3 days :D
Between Links Awakening and this, I is a happy Zelda fan :)
sorry but OoT comes the 19... (;_;) hard to wait though.
and links awakening is a great game, but the damn bow costs 980 rupees.
i'll be back with moar stuff if i find it.