Council Member

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

#76 Post by flyingfruit »

And that they kinda suck.
That too.
Story Time!
clicky please :3
Also, just call me fruit.
Personality type is INT/FP if anyone was wondering.

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#77 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

All of the snipers *are* kinda stale. :/ But I'm not much of a sniper anyway, so it doesn't concern me that much.
Though I've found that snipers are a particular annoyance on Array.

Extorio
Templar GrandMaster

#78 Post by Extorio »

I'm quite annoyed with the amount of SMG's and Assault Rifle's compared to the amount of Sniper Rifle's and Shotgun's.

Other than that though, I think the game's the best so far. The killstreaks and weapons are really balanced in my opinion.

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#79 Post by Ironworks »

I can now die happy.
My emblem is a Pikachu :)

Extorio
Templar GrandMaster

#80 Post by Extorio »

GumbyDarnit wrote:I can now die happy.
My emblem is a Pikachu :)
That's awesome! :D

My friend and I tried to make something like this:

But it kinda failed D:

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#81 Post by Sable Dove »

Are the shotguns still terrible? Can they hit something beyond ten feet?
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#82 Post by KyeRaor »

Sable Dove wrote:Are the shotguns still terrible? Can they hit something beyond ten feet?
In my experience so far (I've only gotten the Olympia and Stake shotguns unlocked) you have to be fairly close to hit your target. Much better than Mw2 in my opinion.

Got the game recently and I really enjoy it. I don't play much multiplayer at all, but I spent a good six hours (it just flew right by) on multiplayer alone yesterday, one of the few multiplayer games I find really fun. For me at least. The campaign was awesome, but I kinda figured out one element of the story about half way through.

M favourite level in the whole game has to be Rooftops, enough said.

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#83 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

Sable Dove wrote:Are the shotguns still terrible? Can they hit something beyond ten feet?
There's no more killing with shotguns from ridiculous ranges anymore (to my dismay, I enjoyed that), a change I'm trying to get accustomed to. The fact that shotguns are now primary weapons was throwing me off for a bit, and while it annoys me, I suppose it does create better balance.

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#84 Post by Sable Dove »

Wait, what? The problem with the shotguns was that the range was pathetically short, not that it was too long. They've always had pathetic range. The closest they came to a decent shotgun was the Masterkey in MW2. If you're saying that the shotguns are even more useless than previous game, then I'm just going to steer clear of it.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#85 Post by Ravenous222 »

Sable Dove wrote:Wait, what? The problem with the shotguns was that the range was pathetically short.
Actually the shotgun attachment in MW2 had a ridiculously long range and was very accurate. I think that might be what they're talking about.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.-Arjen Lucassen
One man's insanity is another man's reality.-Tim Burton

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#86 Post by Sable Dove »

Ravenous222 wrote:
Sable Dove wrote:Wait, what? The problem with the shotguns was that the range was pathetically short.
Actually the shotgun attachment in MW2 had a ridiculously long range and was very accurate. I think that might be what they're talking about.
But that was the closest to a decent shotgun there was. Every other shotgun was terrible, at least as a primary weapon. Now that shotguns are primaries, the maximum range of the shortest-ranged shotgun should be at least as long as the Masterkey's. It's not a hard problem to solve, but if Treyarch is happy with taking games that have potential and making them mediocre, then why waste the money when I can get better games, and in fact, have better games?

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#87 Post by Ster Zetanee »

Sable Dove wrote:
Ravenous222 wrote:
But that was the closest to a decent shotgun there was. Every other shotgun was terrible, at least as a primary weapon. Now that shotguns are primaries, the maximum range of the shortest-ranged shotgun should be at least as long as the Masterkey's. It's not a hard problem to solve, but if Treyarch is happy with taking games that have potential and making them mediocre, then why waste the money when I can get better games, and in fact, have better games?
I have to agree with you on this one, if a shotgun is a primary weapon it need s longer range, you can't even kill someone 7 feet away with on shot right now. if you have ever used a shotgun in real life you know that they can shot with HIGH accuracy at like 25-75 feet, shooting clay pigeons anyone? Militarized shotguns would have at least that capability if not more.
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

Arashi500
Master

#88 Post by Arashi500 »

Shotguns do seem alot better in previous games now that most of all the maps are CQC with medium ranges at one or two open spots (which sucks for snipers, because there isn't a single good sniping map, since the lack of a +damage perk makes every sniper take more then 1 shot if it hits anything other then the head or heart) so shotguns are pretty useful. Not to mention they have the shortest firing delay (time between pull of the trigger and the response) and ridiculous buckshot. If they had any real range they would be overpowered.

Also ,I wish you could use non-explosive crossbow bolts in multiplayer.
My last.fm

War is not about dying for your country or beliefs, but making the other SOB die for his.

flyingfruit
Council Member

#89 Post by flyingfruit »

Sable Dove wrote:But that was the closest to a decent shotgun there was. Every other shotgun was terrible, at least as a primary weapon. Now that shotguns are primaries, the maximum range of the shortest-ranged shotgun should be at least as long as the Masterkey's. It's not a hard problem to solve, but if Treyarch is happy with taking games that have potential and making them mediocre, then why waste the money when I can get better games, and in fact, have better games?
Eh. I disagree.

Also, don't mind that stupid chick. She's stupid and isn't the person playing.
Story Time!
clicky please :3
Also, just call me fruit.
Personality type is INT/FP if anyone was wondering.

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#90 Post by Ironworks »

Sable Dove wrote:But that was the closest to a decent shotgun there was. Every other shotgun was terrible, at least as a primary weapon. Now that shotguns are primaries, the maximum range of the shortest-ranged shotgun should be at least as long as the Masterkey's. It's not a hard problem to solve, but if Treyarch is happy with taking games that have potential and making them mediocre, then why waste the money when I can get better games, and in fact, have better games?
Im going to have to politely disagree here.
The Spas was the definition of Maximum Range and power in a shotgun.
Anyone else remember the models needed to be nerfed in MW2 due to their overpowered range for that matter?

I will agree, as a primary they definitely should have a bit more range. It's a primary.
However, we don't need another Spas in this game. Honestly, Treyarch, and especially compared to Infinity Ward, keeps things BALANCED, something which I highly respect them for
If anything they've taken a game with potential and made it more enjoyable for its players.