Halo Reach

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

RatherInconsiderateFellow
Templar Master

Re: Halo Reach

#271 Post by RatherInconsiderateFellow »

I'll agree with you guys sprint is basically the most awesome armour power.
- I'm already used to recognizing holograms after only two days of playing. It's easy, you just ignore anyone that's a grey dot on the minimap and is going in a straight line.
- Armourlock is only useful for stopping the occasional grenade from killing you (and with sprint you can just run away), and when you have backup in team games. Otherwise, it's just delaying your death.
- Jetpacks are loud and tend to leave you high up with no cover at all, with everyone shooting you. Also falling off the map after misjudging where the edge was.
- Cloaking is useless for the various reasons you guys have covered.

However, in games that allow it, both drop shield and dodge roll are great. The dodge is tied with sprint as my favourite ability, but it just doesn't turn up as frequently as an option. Drop shield is basically awesome. It's a bubble shield in a can. Your team will love you for using it.

So yeah, I sprint/roll around punching people in the face.

Single player wise, I'm about halfway through the campaign on my first run, which also happens to be a solo lengendary run. Basically, it gets to points where you'll have to deal with say five elites (two of which are the fancy kind with fancy guns and take three sniper bullets to the head) alone with the wrong guns for the situation (Large, empty field? Here, have a shotgun!) little ammo, and no cover.

And then you systematically slaughter everything that moves (after many tries), and it is awesome.

EDIT: People of the internet! Next time you are an elite with dodge, do a roll and mash jump just before the roll finishes. So much air and speed it's not even funny.

Double EDIT: So I put that last edit in the middle of the post by accident.
Join the dark side. We have cookies. And free Wifi.

Arashi500
Master

#272 Post by Arashi500 »

The jetpack and armor-lock aren't as multi-functional as they need to be to compete with the other abilities. The jetpack is only really good for moving around vertical play maps like sword base(where it can dominate), and armorlock is only really good for tight enclosed maps, and if your good enough and have good reacton timing, against heavy weapons.

Also, has anyone else noticed it takes a few tries to make the DMR reload if you've only fired 1-3 sots?
My last.fm

War is not about dying for your country or beliefs, but making the other SOB die for his.

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#273 Post by Ironworks »

Agreed on the jetpack.
Any other level and you'll be right out In the open for everyone to shoot ya.

As for Armor lock, I Still don't think it's useful.
Sure you're invincible, but you can't shoot, can't move...
Not to mention as soon as you "unlock" they'll just beat you down lol.
Armor lock is probably my least favorite, and IMO least useful alongside activecamo class

Twayblade
Cogito Ergo Nom

#274 Post by Twayblade »

best thing about armor lock is on big maps with vehicles, watching a ghost smash itself on you when it tried running you over

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameS ... wayblade17 :D now that was fun
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"

TwoKinds Telegram

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#275 Post by Sable Dove »

GumbyDarnit wrote:Agreed on the jetpack.

Armor lock is probably my least favorite, and IMO least useful alongside activecamo class
Is it still like the beta? If so, how are they going to beat you down? You have shields, and they don't.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#276 Post by Envy661 »

Sable Dove wrote:
GumbyDarnit wrote:Agreed on the jetpack.

Is it still like the beta? If so, how are they going to beat you down? You have shields, and they don't.
It is slightly changed from in the beta. When in armor lock, your shields don't recharge (except for in campaign), so when you come out of it, and your opponent is stupid enough to be standing within 3 feet for you, you will be on the same level as them, though to be perfectly honest, I have never seen someone come out of armor lock lose in a melee fight yet, so maybe you are still invincible for a second after disengaging it.

But seriously, not many people are stupid enough to stand near someone using armor lock. Most people get the general idea to predict when you are coming out of it and tossing a grenade, or, if they brought down your shields enough, predicting where your head will be after coming out so you can headshot them right after.

But I disagree with all of you. Armor lock is still a very useful, and slightly overpowered ability. It can be a huge game-changer in some cases, and the only ability I have seen come close to changing the entire pace of a game is sprint, and only when you are using a melee weapon with it, such as the sword or hammer, or a close-range weapon like the shotgun.

To be perfectly honest, to those of you who claim armor lock is useless, I recommend playing a few more games of matchmaking. You may find it is more useful than you made it out to be.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#277 Post by Sable Dove »

Envy661 wrote: It is slightly changed from in the beta. When in armor lock, your shields don't recharge (except for in campaign), so when you come out of it, and your opponent is stupid enough to be standing within 3 feet for you, you will be on the same level as them, though to be perfectly honest, I have never seen someone come out of armor lock lose in a melee fight yet, so maybe you are still invincible for a second after disengaging it.
I would imagine that's more caused by latency than anything; the person in AL can melee the moment their AL ends, while their opponent must first see them come out of AL, then melee.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#278 Post by Schrodinger »

Sable Dove wrote:
Envy661 wrote: It is slightly changed from in the beta. When in armor lock, your shields don't recharge (except for in campaign), so when you come out of it, and your opponent is stupid enough to be standing within 3 feet for you, you will be on the same level as them, though to be perfectly honest, I have never seen someone come out of armor lock lose in a melee fight yet, so maybe you are still invincible for a second after disengaging it.
I would imagine that's more caused by latency than anything; the person in AL can melee the moment their AL ends, while their opponent must first see them come out of AL, then melee.
Nope, that was a design change by Bungie.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#279 Post by Ster Zetanee »

Arashi500 wrote:I wish they take out the radar jammer for the cloak device. It's a bigger hindurance then a help. Not only is it constantly active, but I'm only completely invisible when crouching, where I wouldn't be on radar anyway. Trying to do solo legendary. Hard as hell. I'm rarely well armed enough to take on a single minor elite without backup.
Solo on legendary is acctually easy on some of the levels though, all you have to do is let your Spartan allies do all the work.
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

foxfireattack
Master

#280 Post by foxfireattack »

Ster Zetanee wrote:
Arashi500 wrote:I wish they take out the radar jammer for the cloak device. It's a bigger hindurance then a help. Not only is it constantly active, but I'm only completely invisible when crouching, where I wouldn't be on radar anyway. Trying to do solo legendary. Hard as hell. I'm rarely well armed enough to take on a single minor elite without backup.
Solo on legendary is acctually easy on some of the levels though, all you have to do is let your Spartan allies do all the work.
lol. I wish my Spartan allies did ANY work. I went though it on Heroic. Kept dying because my spartan buddies just stood there, "all durr-tee-durr. Oh look. I got stuck with a gernade *BOOM!!!*, Okay, I'm gonna stand here some more with my weapon aiming down."

Then there were the times they just diappeared absolutely... like... absolutely nothing, no HUD marker, no waypoint marker.

Anywho. Got like, 8 more Achievements to get. (1 General, 1 Multiplayer, 2 Ranks, and 4 Campaign), I'm gonna work on it solo on legendary but I'm gonna try and co-op campaign too. I need missions 5,6,7,8,9, and 10 on Legendary Co-Op.
dA | fA

flyingfruit
Council Member

#281 Post by flyingfruit »

You guys wanna get a halo reach multiplayer game together some time?
Story Time!
clicky please :3
Also, just call me fruit.
Personality type is INT/FP if anyone was wondering.

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#282 Post by Ironworks »

foxfireattack wrote: lol. I wish my Spartan allies did ANY work. I went though it on Heroic. Kept dying because my spartan buddies just stood there, "all durr-tee-durr. Oh look. I got stuck with a gernade *BOOM!!!*, Okay, I'm gonna stand here some more with my weapon aiming down."
Im with ya there Fox.
The levels seem impossible, not only for the difficulty, but the incompetence of your marines/fellow spartans.
They tend to get me killed rather than help most of the time >_<
flyingfruit wrote:You guys wanna get a halo reach multiplayer game together some time?
Thought you were loggin off to go to bed Fruit :P

Im definitely with Fruit on this one.
We need to get some multiplayer games going around the twokinds community.
Talking about it is fun, but playing together would be even better XD

admon
Master

#283 Post by admon »

flyingfruit wrote:You guys wanna get a halo reach multiplayer game together some time?

i would be up for that
IF I'M YELLING YOU SHOULDN'T BE TAKING ME SERIOUSLY

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#284 Post by Ster Zetanee »

foxfireattack wrote:
Ster Zetanee wrote:
lol. I wish my Spartan allies did ANY work. I went though it on Heroic. Kept dying because my spartan buddies just stood there, "all durr-tee-durr. Oh look. I got stuck with a gernade *BOOM!!!*, Okay, I'm gonna stand here some more with my weapon aiming down."

Then there were the times they just diappeared absolutely... like... absolutely nothing, no HUD marker, no waypoint marker.

Anywho. Got like, 8 more Achievements to get. (1 General, 1 Multiplayer, 2 Ranks, and 4 Campaign), I'm gonna work on it solo on legendary but I'm gonna try and co-op campaign too. I need missions 5,6,7,8,9, and 10 on Legendary Co-Op.
Yeah, they are usually really bad but, other then jun and emile you can force them to kill people on legendary if you kide enough, I only have the last 3 levels to go on solo legendary.
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

foxfireattack
Master

#285 Post by foxfireattack »

Ster Zetanee wrote: Yeah, they are usually really bad but, other then jun and emile you can force them to kill people on legendary if you kide enough, I only have the last 3 levels to go on solo legendary.
I envy you. I've finished it on Heroic, solo and I'm working on Legendary, Solo. I'm on the Sabre mission(6th mission) and I keep dying for no apparent reason(literally. I'll be at %100 Shield/Hull and then my ship will blow up :<). I'm only doing it for the Solo Legendary Achievement. I do that and check my waypoint, I'll get the EVA for my Avi.

Also, the legendary video is funny. They were talking about how they were going to make Kat laugh every time you shot a Moa, but they took it out because they thought it would be cruel. They also talked about another Easter egg they pulled out to where if you kill Kat early on in the game, she'll come back and follow you around as "Zombie Kat".

Oh that reminds me. If you play though the campaign (Probably to get the commendation Demon or something. IDK) play as a female! They made it a point to tell you there will be a lot of Noble 6 BUTT SHOTS!!! :kathrin: :flora:
dA | fA