Star Wars: The Old Republic

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

#31 Post by Envy661 »

Hello everyone, just thought I would share some information on this topic:

TOR (The Old Republic) is a new MMO currently under construction by Bioware, and supported by Electronic Arts (EA) and Lucasarts. TOR takes place 300 years after Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and roughly 3000 years before the rise of Darth Vader.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KotOR)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (KotOR II)
Star Wars: The Old Republic (TOR)

The TOR Forums have been up since 2008, and the game is nearing closed beta. You can go to the official wesbite at http://www.swtor.com for more information, and you can sign up for the closed beta here. On top of that, you can also view the Holonet, which has the information on what is going to be in the game, and how classes are going to work.

Game Overview and FAQ
The Setting

Video Documentaries:

Video Documentary 1
Video Documentary 2
Video Documentary 3
Video Documentary 4

Developer Dispatch:

Developer Dispatch: Making of Tyhon
Developer Dispatch: Diverse Worlds
Developer Dispatch: Republic Trooper
Developer Dispatch: Making of Coruscant
Developer Dispatch: Designing the Dark side
Developer Dispatch: Returning Taris
Developer Dispatch: Player Ships
Developer Dispatch: Music of the Old Republic

Confirmed Planets in TOR:

-Tython (wiki) (Holonet)
-Korriban (wiki) (Holonet)
-Hutta (wiki) (Holonet)
-Ord Mantell (wiki) (Holonet)
-Coruscant (wiki) (Holonet)
-Balmorra (wiki) (Holonet)
-Alderaan (wiki) (Holonet)
-Tatooine (wiki) (Holonet)
-Dromund Kaas (wiki) (Holonet)
-Taris (wiki) (Holonet)
-Belsavis (wiki) (Holonet)
-Voss (wiki) (Holonet)
-Hoth (wiki) (Holonet)
-Nar Shadaa (wiki) (Holonet)

Confirmed Playable Classes in TOR:

Republic:
-Trooper
-Smuggler
-Jedi Knight (Video)
-Jedi Consular

Imperial:
-Bounty Hunter (Video)
-Sith Warrior (Video)
-Imperial Agent
-Sith Inquisitor

Deceived Cinematic Trailer
Hope Cinematic Trailer
Developer Gameplay Walkthrough
E3 Multiplayer Demo
Space Combat Teaser

Please notify me if any links are not working, or if you are experiencing any problems.

EDIT - Sorry for reviving this thread like that. It's just that with the forums I usually go to, You search for a thread before making a new one. Hope that doesn't bother anyone. I would have created my own if this one didn't exist, but it is here. I really hope you guys find some use for the info I posted.

Also, if anyone else is on the TOR forums, look me up as OdinChaos.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#32 Post by Envy661 »

ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#33 Post by JediGuy »

Reviving this thread, please check out the Cinematic Game Opening here.

Words cannot describe how happy I am.
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#34 Post by Lief »

Oh man. This is the one and only MMO I will ever pay for period, I can tell you that right now.

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#35 Post by KyeRaor »

Lief wrote:Oh man. This is the one and only MMO I will ever pay for period, I can tell you that right now.
Agreed. I've been waiting for this game for a long time, a little bit disappointed I still haven't gotten a chance to get in the beta, but oh well.

Also, is that the voice of the female Shepherd (Mass Effect) I heard? And now I think I'm hearing Marcus Fenix's voice as the Wild West guy. Can't wait for this game.

Dat Choreography.

Valbrandur
Grand Templar

#36 Post by Valbrandur »

I am curious to see how this game will eventually turn out.

I haven't been able to pay attention to details but I really hope that they make it hard for people to break the immersion in the game.

Roleplaying seems to be a good factor in this game so I might go for that rather than PvE or PvP.

I just hope EA keeps their grubby little hands off this game and don't interfere, lest the game turn bad just like the Dragon Age series.

One of the things that made me happy in particular is Tython. Seeing the origins of Jedi will be wonderful, not to mention that Revan has been confirmed to make some sort of appearance in the game, mainly to see what happened to him.

Out of all the Republic classes, I think smuggler looks the best. Not in gameplay specifically but in looks, attitude and so on.
I know I will enjoy the Sith as well. I know exactly how to be ruthless, to get results and how to make sure people stay in line.

Loucandrius

#37 Post by Loucandrius »

Yea, EA needs to keep away from this one, but I think they know that.

If they have any sense they will let bioware do their thing, or else they will have alot of angry KOTOR fans to deal with.

And Im pretty sure not even EA could repel firepower of that magnitude

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#38 Post by Insomniac »

Looks like I'm a little late to the party here. Okay, here we go. I freaking fangasm'd when the Zabrac master started wielding his saber and the chick's double bladed saber at the same time. That was just pure awesome. I've loved the trailers for this game. Just too bad it's an MMO. Maybe if they make it free to play I'll buy it, but otherwise I'm sad to say I'll have to miss out on this game.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

DragonLordVagyr
Citizen

#39 Post by DragonLordVagyr »

ive already signed up and i'm in a guild, just waiting for the beta emails to be sent, but since its a closed beta, they could've already sent them out and we'd be none the wise
ImageImageImage
The First casualty of war, Is the truth

-Original Avatar Pic- http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7020/40076085.png (by GeneralZoi)

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#40 Post by JediGuy »

Envy661 wrote: Alrighty, so I woke up today, and had an ok day. Went to see what was going on with my financial aid, and found out I had to file for an Appeal or I may be SOL going to school, being poor and all. Pretty crappy, although I was still pretty psyched about the epic foreshadowing I played through in Fallout: New Vegas the night before, which hyped me up for when the Divide DLC comes out, and urged me to get MS points tomorrow so I can get the just released DLC for the game.
After my business for school was taken care of, I headed home, chatted with some girlies, and took a nap. Played some New Vegas, and checked the interwebz. No manga updated today :( but I was still in a decent mood, and I noticed from the corner of my eye (I use Speed Dial, so I can see multiple tabs) that there is a new update on the Star Wars: The Old Republic listed, so I decided to check it out. Low and behold it was something that made me just straight up NERDGASM!:

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110721

Yes, Star Wars: The Old Republic is available for Pre-order, through Gamestop, Origin, Best Buy, Walmart, and Target (US). There are three versions of the game to pick up: Standard, Digital Deluxe, and Collector's Edition.

Standard:

Pre-Oder Exclusives:
-Early Game Access.
-Color Stone

30 days game time included

Digital Deluxe:
Pre-Oder Exclusives:
-Early Game Access.
-Color Stone

Virtual Items:
-Flare Gun: Fires flares into the air.
-Training Droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance.
-HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer.
-HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures.
-STAP (Single Trooper Aerial Platform): Sleek and unique in-game vehicle.

Collector's:

Pre-Oder Exclusives:
-Early Game Access.
-Color Stone

Virtual Items:
-Exclusive Mouse Droid: A faithful droid to join you on your adventures.
-Exclusive Collector’s Edition Store: Unique in-game store with a dynamic array of items to assist you from your humble beginnings through your journey to become a galactic legend.

Physical Items included in the box:
-The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural: 111 pages of notes and sketches by the revered Jedi Master from the early years of the Great Hyperspace War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Features never-before-seen artwork and all-new information.
-Darth Malgus statue: The villainous Darth Malgus comes to life with this exclusive 9 in. collectible statue from Gentle Giant studios.
-The Old Republic Galaxy Map: 14 x 20 in. at-a-glance look at the known galaxy.
-Security Authentication Key Fob: Keep your Lightsaber and credits safe with this custom Security Authentication Key Fob for your game account.
-Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD: Seventeen orchestral music tracks from The Old Republic.
-Star Wars: The Old Republic game: The full Star Wars: The Old Republic game on DVD-ROM in a collectible metal case.

---------------
NOTES: TOR (The Old Republic) is made by Bioware, the same company who made great games like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age: Origins, and Mass Effect.
The game features fully voiced NPCs and quest-based cutscenes, not unlike nearly all other Bioware games since KoTOR. HOWEVER, featuring a fully voiced MMO is something that TOR is doing that no other game has done before.

Of course, I made a TOR thread MONTHS ago, but there was little activity, and no longer shows up in the first few pages, so I hope this is fine.

Now then, the purpose of this thread:
... So, how many Star Wars fans had a Nerdgasm over TOR being pre-orderable?

DragonLordVagyr
Citizen

#41 Post by DragonLordVagyr »

JediGuy wrote:
Envy661 wrote: Alrighty, so I woke up today, and had an ok day. Went to see what was going on with my financial aid, and found out I had to file for an Appeal or I may be SOL going to school, being poor and all. Pretty crappy, although I was still pretty psyched about the epic foreshadowing I played through in Fallout: New Vegas the night before, which hyped me up for when the Divide DLC comes out, and urged me to get MS points tomorrow so I can get the just released DLC for the game.
After my business for school was taken care of, I headed home, chatted with some girlies, and took a nap. Played some New Vegas, and checked the interwebz. No manga updated today :( but I was still in a decent mood, and I noticed from the corner of my eye (I use Speed Dial, so I can see multiple tabs) that there is a new update on the Star Wars: The Old Republic listed, so I decided to check it out. Low and behold it was something that made me just straight up NERDGASM!:

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110721

Yes, Star Wars: The Old Republic is available for Pre-order, through Gamestop, Origin, Best Buy, Walmart, and Target (US). There are three versions of the game to pick up: Standard, Digital Deluxe, and Collector's Edition.

Standard:

Pre-Oder Exclusives:
-Early Game Access.
-Color Stone

Digital Deluxe:
Pre-Oder Exclusives:
-Early Game Access.
-Color Stone

Virtual Items:

Collector's:

Pre-Oder Exclusives:
-Early Game Access.
-Color Stone

Virtual Items:
-Exclusive Mouse Droid: A faithful droid to join you on your adventures.
-Exclusive Collector’s Edition Store: Unique in-game store with a dynamic array of items to assist you from your humble beginnings through your journey to become a galactic legend.

Physical Items included in the box:
-The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural: 111 pages of notes and sketches by the revered Jedi Master from the early years of the Great Hyperspace War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Features never-before-seen artwork and all-new information.
-Darth Malgus statue: The villainous Darth Malgus comes to life with this exclusive 9 in. collectible statue from Gentle Giant studios.
-The Old Republic Galaxy Map: 14 x 20 in. at-a-glance look at the known galaxy.
-Security Authentication Key Fob: Keep your Lightsaber and credits safe with this custom Security Authentication Key Fob for your game account.
-Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD: Seventeen orchestral music tracks from The Old Republic.
-Star Wars: The Old Republic game: The full Star Wars: The Old Republic game on DVD-ROM in a collectible metal case.

---------------
NOTES: TOR (The Old Republic) is made by Bioware, the same company who made great games like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age: Origins, and Mass Effect.
The game features fully voiced NPCs and quest-based cutscenes, not unlike nearly all other Bioware games since KoTOR. HOWEVER, featuring a fully voiced MMO is something that TOR is doing that no other game has done before.

Of course, I made a TOR thread MONTHS ago, but there was little activity, and no longer shows up in the first few pages, so I hope this is fine.

Now then, the purpose of this thread:
... So, how many Star Wars fans had a Nerdgasm over TOR being pre-orderable?
When it says, 30 days of game time, does that mean, You have 2 pay a Subscription? i hate paying Subscriptions
ImageImageImage

-Original Avatar Pic- http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7020/40076085.png (by GeneralZoi)

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#42 Post by JediGuy »

Correct, Vagyr. The Old Republic is an MMO; as such, it's pay-to-play on a monthly subscription basis, likely around 15 dollars.

MChammerpenguin
Master

#43 Post by MChammerpenguin »

Lol, if Old Republic was free to play I might break down and cry...or something slightly less pathetic
  ▲
▲ ▲
HERE COMES THE STORM

DragonLordVagyr
Citizen

#44 Post by DragonLordVagyr »

JediGuy wrote:Correct, Vagyr. The Old Republic is an MMO; as such, it's pay-to-play on a monthly subscription basis, likely around 15 dollars.
How much is that in pounds...
ImageImageImage

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#45 Post by Lief »

DragonLordVagyr wrote:
JediGuy wrote:Correct, Vagyr. The Old Republic is an MMO; as such, it's pay-to-play on a monthly subscription basis, likely around 15 dollars.
How much is that in pounds...
Gee, was that so hard?