Left 4 Dead 2

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Left 4 Dead 2

#316 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

Valbrandur wrote:I just hope they continue making other games now that TF2 and Left 4 Dead 2 are supposed to be the final ones of the series..

There are still many game genres for them to try their hand at.
Still waiting on that Episode 3 or Half-Life 3. :roll: Just wish we could get some news on it.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Lizzo08
Merchant

#317 Post by Lizzo08 »

yeah i supose it was a bit of a "cliff hangar" at the last episode but alas we will just have to wait....
I was everything and yet i was equally nothing~lizzo08
check out this place its awsome

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#318 Post by Nuff »

TehNem wrote:
Squival wrote:
TehNem wrote:Valve has really outdone themselves with the Left 4 Dead series, but once they release Left 4 Dead 3, it's going to go downhill from there. :(
And why's that?
Golden rule of sequels, First thing is original and awesome, Second thing is even better, Third thing is...well, getting overused and becoming trashy. Nuff said.

At least they stopped the series at 2 (hopefully), so it can stop the boycotting [censored] from becoming over desperate.
That's not true. Devil May Cry 3 remains the best of the series for example :P

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#319 Post by Schrodinger »

Nuff wrote:
TehNem wrote:
Squival wrote:
TehNem wrote:Valve has really outdone themselves with the Left 4 Dead series, but once they release Left 4 Dead 3, it's going to go downhill from there. :(
And why's that?
Golden rule of sequels, First thing is original and awesome, Second thing is even better, Third thing is...well, getting overused and becoming trashy. Nuff said.

At least they stopped the series at 2 (hopefully), so it can stop the boycotting [censored] from becoming over desperate.
That's not true. Devil May Cry 3 remains the best of the series for example :P
DMC 2 was the runt of that litter.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#320 Post by JediGuy »

C'mon guys, keep on topic please.
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.

foxfireattack
Master

#321 Post by foxfireattack »

JediGuy wrote:C'mon guys, keep on topic please.
okay...
I wanna read the comic!
dA | fA

Lizzo08
Merchant

#322 Post by Lizzo08 »

foxfireattack wrote:
JediGuy wrote:C'mon guys, keep on topic please.
okay...
I wanna read the comic!
EDIT LOL
i think that left for dead 1 will always be the best out of just plain and simple originality
however left for dead two was awesome it basically had everything i could have wished for (except for zombie jusus) so what im trying to say is that valve would have to think long and hard before making another game because it could either wreck a possible multi-million dollar franchise or make it.PS if they make another one i want it to be in australia

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#323 Post by Nuff »

he's talking about the L4D comics...

You could vote on who's backstory you wanted to see first, I personally voted for Zoe <3

foxfireattack
Master

#324 Post by foxfireattack »

Nuff wrote:he's talking about the L4D comics...

You could vote on who's backstory you wanted to see first, I personally voted for Zoe <3
The Official comics are nice. I've been content with Mid-Night Vixen's L4D2 fan made comic.

(Proudly brought to you by "Anti-Fail Linking". Where dA v7 Fails hard)
dA | fA

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#325 Post by tony1695 »

EDIT LOL
i think that left for dead 1 will always be the best out of just plain and simple originality
however left for dead two was awesome it basically had everything i could have wished for (except for zombie jusus) so what im trying to say is that valve would have to think long and hard before making another game because it could either wreck a possible multi-million dollar franchise or make it.PS if they make another one i want it to be in australia
[/quote]
The game wouldn't work as well if it were set in Australia. Why? Our guns laws are so prohibitive here.
Legally, all weapons have to registered, can't be over a certain calibre and can't be automatic. The most powerful thing you could get here would probably be a double-barrelled shotgun.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Lizzo08
Merchant

#326 Post by Lizzo08 »

well there goes my hopes :(

foxfireattack
Master

#327 Post by foxfireattack »

http://www.l4d.com/comic/

Well, The Sacrifice is out. It's kinda fun. I wondered how they would "Sacrifice" Bill in campaign. I'm not gonna spoil it for peeps who have a crappy download speed and haven't played it. It was interesting though...

Also, Any of you peeps who want to play L4D but don't own it, good news. The DLC + the port to Mac (Yes, L4D + L4D2 are now playable on Mac) discounted the price this week. You can get BOTH L4D + L4D2 on sale for $10.19 [Left 4 Dead Bundle Store Page], Or individually for $6.79 [Left 4 Dead Store Page] + [Left 4 Dead 2 Store Page]
dA | fA

Sefris
Templar Master

#328 Post by Sefris »

foxfireattack wrote:Yes, L4D + L4D2 are now playable on Mac
Just Left 4 Dead 2, actually.
Valve wrote: Sorry Left 4 Dead owners, the Mac version is coming but we are running a little late. We hope to have it out in time to celebrate Halloween on the Mac.
Anyways, I didn't get to play The Sacrifice last night because no one was on and I didn't want to spoil it for myself by going through with bots. I did go through part of No Mercy in Left 4 Dead 2 with bots, however (picked Bill, as always). I rage-quit after part 2 when all three bots stared at a smoker pulling me until I was incapacitated with like 60 health left before I bled out. There's a noticeable lack of higher tier weapons. They're no longer in set points that are randomly chosen and there seems to be fewer of them. There was a riot shotgun here, a SPAS shotgun there (a lot of shotguns, actually), and only a single M16 (the only automatic high tier weapon I found) and a single hunting rifle. I actually missed not having to worry about finding the weapon I want at the weapon spawn points. There were some jockeys, spitters, and chargers, but they all died before they could do anything.

Lizzo08
Merchant

#329 Post by Lizzo08 »

ok so ive been wondering what is better to get the dlc for left for dead 2 or l4d 1? dose it make any diffrence and yeah thats prety much it :3

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#330 Post by tony1695 »

I've played both at an Internet cafe. The only difference is that the L4D2 version has the melee weapons and 'new' Special Infected, while the L4D version has none of that. It's all a matter of which game you prefer.
So, as I mentioned above, I played The Sacrifice at an Internet Cafe. Oh god, it was a riot. We had an inversion of the L4D canon. Everyone but Bill died getting the bridge up. And then there was the time no-one could get to the generator in time to complete the level. God that was frustrating.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD