DS vs DS Lite

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

RaizenX
Banned
Banned

DS vs DS Lite

#1 Post by RaizenX »

The new DS Lite.looks cool but is it rly worth it?I heard that you cant play GBA or GBC games on it anymore :( ?.Here's a Hands on DS Lite.Woder what games will this one have in the future or what games wold you like to see on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOu5qhWsd_s

SeriousSamuel
Templar GrandMaster

Re: DS vs DS Lite

#2 Post by SeriousSamuel »

That is actually a DSi, the DS-lite is the old one. The lite is the same as a normal DS, only its a bit lighter. Now the DSi, unless it gets some good games is just going to be a DS with alot of unnecessary stuff (but some of the programs in it do look kind of fun to mess around with).
"It is neither good nor bad, but thinking makes it so."
William Shakespeare

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Chaosye »

The DSi is pretty much a DS Lite with some useless addons and being about a 16th of an inch smaller than the DS Lite.
The only good thing about it is that there is a DS Shop, Like the Wii one.

I'm keeping my DS Lite, though.
It doesn't give enough good features to make me want it.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#4 Post by FastChapter »

As far as I know, the DSi is new in the respect that it's a few ounces lighter, has a slightly larger screen, has a slightly longer battery life (depending on what you run) and comes with a two-way camera mounted to the top.

They're basically advertising it the same way they did when Mac figured out they can bolt a cheap webcam to the top of the monitor. Whoop-dee-doo, save your money. :)

specter
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by specter »

My younger sister is asking for a DSi for christmas. Should I dispel her hopes now or wait and enjoy the inevitable fall? I love her, but it's so tempting.

Then again, she'll probably just lose it like every other electronics she's ever gotten. (How in hell's name do you lose a stereo? When you don't even go anywhere? For hell's sake, you're 10! )

GodsNightmare21
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by GodsNightmare21 »

FastChapter wrote:As far as I know, the DSi is new in the respect that it's a few ounces lighter, has a slightly larger screen, has a slightly longer battery life (depending on what you run) and comes with a two-way camera mounted to the top.

They're basically advertising it the same way they did when Mac figured out they can bolt a cheap webcam to the top of the monitor. Whoop-dee-doo, save your money. :)
Yea I know what your talking about. Kinda like the Macbook Air. It's pretty much the same, BUT IT CAN FIT IN A ENVELOPE!!!

And for the DSi, it can't play gameboy advanced games unlike the other DS' because of the camera. When you think about, why do you even need a camera, you're probably carrying a phone that has a camera.

@ Specter: A freakin stereo?!?!
Ye, as I walk through the shadow of the Vally of Death...

Tygron
Notakitty!

#7 Post by Tygron »

I don't think i'll get the DSi, it's a nice concept but I still have my original DS...

I like it better than the Lites... and the DSi is basically a lite, which annoys me because I hate the buttons on the lite. They have too much room to press them down and they aren't pressure sensitive. I like my DS where all I have to do it tap the button and it presses, theres like a millimeter of space between pressing and not pressing it. On the Lites they have at least 10 millimeters between pressing the button and not. It shouldn't matter but it does... trust me.

As for the DSi it seem pretty useless.... lets see; stores games to SD card (already can do that with a gba game sized SD reader), plays mp3's (already can do that with said gba SD reader), has internet browser (theres already a browser for the DS and DS lite for sale out there), has a camera (hasn't there already been an external camera thing made for the DS already?). The only thing I can see that I can't do is go to the DSi store, which might be possible by making a program for the gba slot SD reader to go to the DSi store and buy stuff.... so the DSi is now useless entirely. I like the idea of the bigger screen, however if it's not very noticeable or anything then screw it. I should also mention that my DS has been through a lot and still fully works... heck I think the last fall it took made my R button work like new again (it was sticking a little.) Everyone I know that has some part of their DS broken owns a lite... those things seem very cheap and seem to want to break a hell of a lot easier than the regular good ol' DS.

Not to mention Nintendo took out the freaking gba slot on the DSi.... why the HELL would they do that? How is anyone suppose to play guitar hero? I think Nintendo screwed the DS line over with this... their only saving grace would be a new DSi with more features, more durable, buttons like the old DS, a little bigger screen, better touch screen, a better stylus that isn't to freaking huge or too light (i got a metal stylus for my DS it's great) a gba slot and also have the ability to read old gb games like pokemon red/blue/yellow and the like, as well as a lot of free stuff on the store, and if they truly cared they'd do something about all the cheaters online... it pisses me off that I can't ever play one match of Metroid Prime Hunters without having 20 cheaters (when you can only play with 3 people might I add...) it just sucks.

So yea, i'm still attached to my original DS.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

FlaminPheonix
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by FlaminPheonix »

in my opinion if you have a ds lite

stick with it if you havent got one and are getting one you could consider the dsi

else

well meh
ImageImage
Ultramus wrote:I just got the mental image of the north pole being raided by Bolsheviks :shock:

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by AzeNaku »

I'm sticking with my DS, unless of course, they start making games exclusively for the DSi, which I wouldn't put past them. Then and only then would I think of getting one.
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage