Epic Moments In Video Gaming

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

GodsNightmare21
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Epic Moments In Video Gaming

#46 Post by GodsNightmare21 »

CaptainBaconMan wrote:I just realized something, whatever happened to the dynamic level thing for TF2?

Didn't they say the levels where going to change or something like that?
Ask here: http://2kinds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8856

I don't play Team Fortress so I wouldn't know, but I'm sure these guys will.
Ye, as I walk through the shadow of the Vally of Death...

conger
Council Member

#47 Post by conger »

have to say mgs4 was an epic moment in the series history. some uber battles in game i just love it!
Silver Seren wrote:"Appendages"...that just gave me dirty thoughts. :|

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#48 Post by Schrodinger »

Me versus a man on a mongoose, who's gonna come out on top?

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserC ... d=74680289
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#49 Post by Chaosye »

CaptainBaconMan wrote:I just realized something, whatever happened to the dynamic level thing for TF2?

What?
There arn't even levels in TF2
Unless you count those fake levels for the unlockable weapons.
I think your talking about Oblivion or Fallout 3 or something by Bethesda

GodsNightmare21
Templar GrandMaster

#50 Post by GodsNightmare21 »

Schrodinger wrote:Me versus a man on a mongoose, who's gonna come out on top?

I always liked the photo and file share stuff in Halo 3, should make more games that have that.

I think you're going to lose, unless you're a little off the side, then you win.
Ye, as I walk through the shadow of the Vally of Death...

FlaminPheonix
Templar GrandMaster

#51 Post by FlaminPheonix »

I still like doing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03LvH-uCchU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzhjWdjVtH8

no they are not staged or in private games

(i have done it in matches as well as in public games)

first one is a mate of mine planting
Whilst i was talking to him on ventrilo <-- he was "Like WTF"
ImageImage
Ultramus wrote:I just got the mental image of the north pole being raided by Bolsheviks :shock:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#52 Post by Schrodinger »

GodsNightmare21 wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:Me versus a man on a mongoose, who's gonna come out on top?

I always liked the photo and file share stuff in Halo 3, should make more games that have that.

I think you're going to lose, unless you're a little off the side, then you win.
Actually I did win. And speaking of which here's another win.

I was playing Halo 3 today in the Living Dead playlist on the Foundry infection map. I camp out next to the lift leading to the second floor taking out any zombies that come up. I finish off one zombie when another one, this one wearing the ODST helm and Hayabusa shoulders, tries to rush me from the room opposite where I was camping while my attention is on someone else, a tactic that I've used many times myself. What he didn't count on was that unlike some of the other players he must have taken down I kept a constant eye on my motion tracker and saw him coming. I swing around, line up my sights, and give him a face full of buckshot.

About a minute later the same guy comes around again and I spot him in the room opposite of me, but this time he's reluctant to advance on me for fear of another shotgun facial. Thus began the longest standoff I've ever had. He began pussyfooting between the two rooms, popping in and out of view, trying to lure me out to where he could have a greater chance of taking me out. After a while he finally realized that I wasn't going to fall for his ploy, his antics stopped for a moment when we both see that another zombie is comes up the lift and passes right in front of me.

At that moment my mind raced, our little game of cat and mouse had just became a chess match, I was in the perfect position to spring my trap but he was out of melee range so if I wanted to score a kill I had to use my shotgun, but if I killed him would there be enough time for me to get of a second shot before my rival across from me strikes me down? In the end I decide the risk is too great so I let this one slip away, brushing past my opponent completely unaware that at that moment he was the most important person in the world.

My opponent and I remain in a stalemate, staring each other, each waiting for the other to make a mistake. My rival must have interpreted my actions as cowardice rather than strategy because at that moment he started teabagging the ground just as I switch to my pistol. Bad move. I immediately put a bullet right between that cocky [censored]'s eyes.

I put that punk in his place not once but twice.

Zumbo Prime
New Citizen

#53 Post by Zumbo Prime »

For me, recently:

I just bought my first new game in over a year: The Orange Box. First 3 stores didn't have it, the I saw it hiding in the corner of an EBGames. Absolutely EPOCH.
*Under Construction*

CaptainBaconMan
Master

#54 Post by CaptainBaconMan »

Chaosye wrote:

What?
There arn't even levels in TF2
Unless you count those fake levels for the unlockable weapons.
I think your talking about Oblivion or Fallout 3 or something by Bethesda
I mean MAPS, not rpg 'levels'. Whatever, I still use archaic platforming game terms apparently.

Aeolus1212
Citizen

#55 Post by Aeolus1212 »

Here's one. I used to play the crap out of an old Half-life mod that never really took off called Vampire Slayer. I still think it was one of the most awesome mods Half-life ever had, but whatever. It was just basically team death-match, vampires versus slayers. Vampires had claws that pretty much eviscerated whatever they hit in a single blow, and they could leap around at high speeds. Slayers had various guns, and a stake. When Vampires lose all their health, they were knocked unconscious for a few seconds, and the slayers needed to stake them to actually kill them, or they resurrect. Simple, but pure awesome.

I was playing as a Slayer on a server with a really crappy admin who was famous for abusing his power and generally being a jerk. Unfortunately, he was also considered one of the best players (small community, pretty much everyone knew who was who). Well, one match I'm feeling pretty good, so at the start of the round, I separate from the team, just to see what I can do. Sure enough, I get jumped by three vampires. I blow all three out of the sky and stake them in quick succession. But when I look up at the names of the kills, I see I killed the famous admin, too. Well, he can't have that. Next round, he does some admin command that sets my sensitivity to some insanely high number, and didn't allow me to change it back. I play around with it a bit, can hardly move, can't even see the way out of spawn. Just as I start to get the hang of it, the admin jumps into our spawn to get me, thinking I'm helpless. Somehow, I manage to fill him with double barrel and go up to stake him Again. He ragequits right before my stake hits him. Server shuts down. It was great. It was probably mostly luck, though. I was a pretty average player, if that.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#56 Post by Schrodinger »

Aeolus1212 wrote:Here's one. I used to play the crap out of an old Half-life mod that never really took off called Vampire Slayer. I still think it was one of the most awesome mods Half-life ever had, but whatever. It was just basically team death-match, vampires versus slayers. Vampires had claws that pretty much eviscerated whatever they hit in a single blow, and they could leap around at high speeds. Slayers had various guns, and a stake. When Vampires lose all their health, they were knocked unconscious for a few seconds, and the slayers needed to stake them to actually kill them, or they resurrect. Simple, but pure awesome.

I was playing as a Slayer on a server with a really crappy admin who was famous for abusing his power and generally being a jerk. Unfortunately, he was also considered one of the best players (small community, pretty much everyone knew who was who). Well, one match I'm feeling pretty good, so at the start of the round, I separate from the team, just to see what I can do. Sure enough, I get jumped by three vampires. I blow all three out of the sky and stake them in quick succession. But when I look up at the names of the kills, I see I killed the famous admin, too. Well, he can't have that. Next round, he does some admin command that sets my sensitivity to some insanely high number, and didn't allow me to change it back. I play around with it a bit, can hardly move, can't even see the way out of spawn. Just as I start to get the hang of it, the admin jumps into our spawn to get me, thinking I'm helpless. Somehow, I manage to fill him with double barrel and go up to stake him Again. He ragequits right before my stake hits him. Server shuts down. It was great. It was probably mostly luck, though. I was a pretty average player, if that.
Luck trumps skill but not something you can depend on.

CaptainBaconMan
Master

#57 Post by CaptainBaconMan »

Schrodinger wrote:
Aeolus1212 wrote:Here's one. I used to play the crap out of an old Half-life mod that never really took off called Vampire Slayer. I still think it was one of the most awesome mods Half-life ever had, but whatever. It was just basically team death-match, vampires versus slayers. Vampires had claws that pretty much eviscerated whatever they hit in a single blow, and they could leap around at high speeds. Slayers had various guns, and a stake. When Vampires lose all their health, they were knocked unconscious for a few seconds, and the slayers needed to stake them to actually kill them, or they resurrect. Simple, but pure awesome.

Luck trumps skill but not something you can depend on.
Not in every situation, being lucky doesn't always mean you win, but I guess that's dependent on what you see as lucky.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#58 Post by AzeNaku »

Last weekend on Halo 3, I randomly decided to play an entire game with out firing a bullet. It was team slayer on Snowbound variant "Boundless". Well, my team won and I got the most kills. I was pleasantly surprised. Behold the power of Beat-downs and Assassinations!
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#59 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

This.

Also, note the final attack in this video.

"Real Men Ride Each Other."
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

pitchblack
Templar Master

#60 Post by pitchblack »

Last night, on Team Fortress 2, I was playing on cp_Steel as an Engineer. I was on Blu Team (the attackers).

First thing I did was set up my sentry gun on Point C, the third capture point, and then went battle engie for the rest of the round.

It was my best round as battle engie EVER. I had a 7 to 1 KDR (21 kills and 3 deaths), with just the shotgun and wrech. I crit-wrenched 3 PYROS, in one life, and was (as an engineer) the person to cap the last point, shotgunning both the soldier and demoman who came to stop me.

I was the team score leader for that round, which, as an offensive engineer, is hard to do, especially when the team you're on is good.

I also broke the 70-hour playtime mark for engie, and the 40-hour mark for Soldier.
*They stand in my way,
...the mad, ancient, nasty things.
......Tell them
MOVE! or else!*