What Are You Currently Playing?

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

The Experienced Virgin

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

#3151 Post by Insomniac » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:10 am

Since my last post, I have acquired Red Dead Redemption 2 and love it. Especially when I get headshots with shotgun slugs. So gloriously brutal. Like that time last night when I shot just three quarters of a dude's head off, or peeled another's like a banana.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Templar Master

#3152 Post by Technic[Bot] » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:42 am

So i played KH 2 way back in the ps2 so...
I got KH3 or KH 14.325 if you count all remakes and re-releases.
So mechanically the game is pretty damn good, but the story is really all over the place: never played the spin-off on 3ds and whatnot so that does not help either. But so far despite really straining my suspension of disbelief i happen to really enjoy the tale.
Ever since playing kh2 i tolds myself: "this truly would work better without Disney characters" And that still holds true this entry. So if you have allergies towards any dysney property you better skip this. That said if you want a solid action rpg with cute story and visuals, with a design philosophy firmly planted in the greatest hits of the last decade give this a go. After too much ReMake 2 that is definitely something i needed.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook

The Experienced Virgin

#3153 Post by Insomniac » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:46 pm

Technic[Bot] wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:42 am
So i played KH 2 way back in the ps2 so...
I got KH3 or KH 14.325 if you count all remakes and re-releases.
So mechanically the game is pretty damn good, but the story is really all over the place: never played the spin-off on 3ds and whatnot so that does not help either. But so far despite really straining my suspension of disbelief i happen to really enjoy the tale.
Ever since playing kh2 i tolds myself: "this truly would work better without Disney characters" And that still holds true this entry. So if you have allergies towards any dysney property you better skip this. That said if you want a solid action rpg with cute story and visuals, with a design philosophy firmly planted in the greatest hits of the last decade give this a go. After too much ReMake 2 that is definitely something i needed.
Yeah, the biggest downside of KH for people who didn't play the handheld games is...They're ALL important. Anyone going from 1 directly to 2 and even moreso from 2 directly to 3 is in for a confusing time. Fortunately there's options for seeing them on console too, though.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.