What Are You Currently Playing?

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: JediGuy

Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

#3181 Post by Envy661 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Insomniac wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:20 am
Envy661 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:58 am
Insomniac wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:40 am

As for me, I finally got my hands on Split/Second. Lotta luck in the races, solo one lap events require way too much perfection, the rubber banding on the AI is definitely a thing, regardless of vehicle stats, at least as far as I've been able to notice, but I'll know for sure when I get the inevitable car with the best stats. The Air Strike events are highly unfair, but ESPECIALLY the first one with its choke points. The physics are...Havok physics engine, nothing more need be said there. And unlike in Burnout, ramming dudes hurts your speed more than it does anything to them, which sucks a massive flopper. But otherwise, while it's not the best game of 2010, it's far from the worst.

The problem I have with Split/Second is, because of Advertisements and deals with Gamestop, Split/Second absolutely BURIED blur in terms of exposure. As a result, one of the best racing games of 2010, and probably of that year up to 2016, was left in the dust due to it's direct competition getting more spotlight time pre-launch. Post-launch, blur actually managed to get off the ground a little bit, but the damage was done. I guess it was like an Overwatch vs Battleborn scenario 6 years earlier, only with the better game taking the hit because the worse game had the bigger budget.

Comparatively, blur is the far superior title. If you haven't, I highly recommend checking it out if you can find it. (I believe it's still sold on Amazon?)
I might look into it if it's anything remotely like Burnout or the more recent Need for Speed games (which basically are Burnout with more realish physics). Split Second...Gods, I hate that bumping and grinding and ramming the other cars only slows you down or wrecks you outright and has absolutely no effect on them. Love the splosions tho.
blur is a lot like Burnout but with more Mario Kart elements and better visuals. You'd probably really like it if that's what you're looking for. The driving mechanics are great too.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Grand Templar

#3182 Post by Dadrobit » Tue May 22, 2018 11:06 pm

Just got my Platinum Trophy in God of War today. Really fantastic game, feels good to 100% it. :mrgrin:

The Experienced Virgin

#3183 Post by Insomniac » Wed May 23, 2018 11:26 am

Zone of the Enders 2 on the HD collection, Murdered: Soul Suspect, and Legend of Dragoon lately.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.