A Sudden Interruption Pt. 2

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

A Sudden Interruption Pt. 2

#1 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

This is a follow-up side story to the fanfic I put out a few days ago. It's basically the same thing just from a different perspective. It was suggested by Bellhead and here it is.

"Raine, its your turn to feed the fleabag" Red called. Her tail protruded from the enterance of the tent, giving a subtle shake of affirmation.

"Right," she replied, sounding lost in thought. Pulling some off-looking leftovers from one of the packs she set off towards the tree. You almost couldn't see the prisoner tied to it, his fur matched so well.

"You know," Sythe began, sounding unipressed more then anything. "because I've said this before, but if you want Raine to like you maybe stop insulting her."

"And I've told you before," Red retorted, getting fired up. "I don't mean her. Just you and crazy over there"

"Here's an idea," Maren interrupted, "why don't we stop talking about Raine."

"Fine." They both replied in unison.

Awkward silence.

"How long until we get to Lyn'knoll?" Maren began, "Because my back is dying."

"I can help," Sythe interrupted.

"Shut it, fleabag" Maren and Red replied in unison.

More awkward silence.

If it hadn't been for the awkward silence, Red wouldn't have heard the metallic clanking coming from behind him. Suddenly worried for Raine, Red whirled around to see her fiddling with the shackle, trying to open it.

"Raine!" he shouted, "What are you doing! Do you want to kill us all?" The brown wolf muttered something to her in keidran, and placed a hand on hers.
Red started boiling on the inside, and might've done something rash had Sythe not interrupted.

"Relax, dude." Sythe chided, "She's just talking to him. It's not like they're making out."

"That's what I'm worried about!" He ranted. Sythe and Maren rolled their eyes against the tirade that followed: "All you keidran are just overgrown horny animals. If Raine is entirely wolf then she's just as prone to getting laid as the rest of you. We've seen him in action: he's got magic and charm. He's dangerous, not just because he's a killer, but because he can get close to her."

"Red," Sythe began. "what you're about to see will absolutely blow your mind. But you need to promise not to l--"

"Wait!" he had a realization. What if Raine had been taken by him? He panicked and whipped his head around.

Oh.

Curse the masks.

Raine was making out with the prisoner. Reds vision went red. Legs shaking with rage, he stood up and walked towards the couple. Grabbing Raines shoulders, he tossed her aside. He knew it: she really was a wolf.

"How DARE YOU!" Red fumed. "She's too good for you. Did you think she could love you, wolf? You fleabags only think with your balls."

Raine grabbed at his shirt. "Please! Don't hurt him!"

This only angered him more; what does he owe the traitor?

"And you!" he turned on her, pushing her away. "You said you were still human, that you'd always be. You said you were kidding about him being cute!"

Maren and Sythe watched on. Raine looked at them, tears flowing freely over her fur.

"Sorry, Raine," Sythe mumbled, just loud enough for Maren to hear. "this is your fight, not ours."

Sythe closed his eyes as Red raised his sword. He missed as Raine pushed red from behind and the sword buried itself in the tree. He only heard the conversation that followed.

"Why!" Raine was screaming. "I trusted you, I thought I could have loved you!"

"Why should we let him live? He tried to kill us" Red illustrated the point with his hands."

"I can't love you, not if you do this. I can't be happy with you knowing you've killed innocent people!"

"He's a keidran," Red argued, beginning to tire of her constant parries. "You hate keidran"

Maren facepalmed. "He's such an idiot."

"I don't hate keidran! How can I?" Raine argued. "How can I hate that which I am?"

Red was confused. Is she a keidran? But she's human.

Sythe caught a faint "Zen!" over the sound of Red's brain working and cracked an eye.

Aw, gross. Raine was hugging the headless corpse. Except... the corpse... had... a head. He saw Zen move his hands, clearly alive.

"What happened?" Sythe questioned. "My eyes were closed."

"Raine pushed Red and he missed." Maren replied, dryly.

He looked and saw Raine locked in a passionate embrace.

"Looks like she found love," Sythe noted. "What about you?"

"Shut up, fleabag." Maren replied, and with that she walked to her tent.

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: A Sudden Interruption Pt. 2

#2 Post by Bellhead »

I'm honored you accepted my idea. :)

Easier to see the group dynamic when we can see the group. I'll just assume Karen is sleeping. Still liking the reactions between Sythe and Maren, they fit quite well. Nicely done.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.