Time Align: A Twokinds Fanfic

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

Time Align: A Twokinds Fanfic

#1 Post by IHeartMaeve »

This is the first story I've posted on the Forum. Hope you like it!

Summary: In the year 1482, Daniel Reed is a member of a persecuted minority who are essentially people descended from the Templar. When the last Tower falls to a portable superweapon capable of destroying a Tower by sucking out all its mana, he is greeted by a mysterious figure who claims to be able to help him confirm his suspicions about whether this is how the world was supposed to be this way at present. To learn more, please read on. Updates will most likely occur with a somewhat random frequency, so check regularly just in case.

Chapter 1
      Daniel Jameson Reed was in his best hiding spot when it happened. The last intact Templar Tower was supposedly indestructible, as were all the rest, but ever since the advent of the Siphon Sphere, Towers were falling left and right. Sure, the prejudice against the descendants of the Templar Order had been around for centuries, but Danny still found himself incapable of shaking the feeling that it wasn't supposed to be this way.
      Not that it mattered anymore. The final Tower had been destroyed, and one could see the explosion from Danny's current location.
      "Figures," he said. "Now there's nothing anyone can do to find the truth about history."
      SHEER! A flash of light filled the alley.
      "Not so, young Daniel," said a man who had just appeared.
      "Keep it down!" Danny whispered. "You'll give us away!"
      "How can I give away our position to people who can't hear us?"
      Danny turned to the man, who was wearing the most bizarre attire. "What's that supposed to mean?"
      The man smiled before responding. "Follow me."
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

IHeartMaeve
Templar

Re: Time Align: A Twokinds Fanfic

#2 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Here's the next part of the first chapter!

Walking out into the street, Danny saw several vehicles just sitting still. Not many were parked properly, though; most were in the streets.
      "Is this even legal?" he asked. "Parking in the street like this?"
      "They're not parked," said the man, using an accent that was roughly British to readers of this story. "They're frozen."
      "What?"
      "I froze the flow of time around the alleyway to prevent the Normalcy from finding you because of me." Then, extending his hand, the figure spoke again. "Call me Big Ben. I'm what you'd call a time traveler."
      Returning the gesture of a handshake, Danny asked about the present's status as the original series of events.
      "Sadly, no. This is not how it's supposed to be," said Big Ben. "Someone or something has altered time to suit their own desires. And you are the only one who can fix it."
      "Me?" Danny asked. "How?"
      "You must go back about a thousand years to track down the alterer," said the mysterious man. "From there, you will follow the two people who helped shape history in the original timeline." Then, pulling out a small object in his pocket, he spoke again. "Here, catch."
      Danny caught it and looked it over. "What is it?"
      "It will allow you to jump around the timeline and correct any mishaps. It also has a list of focal events on holo-memory. You're going to need that."
      "Okay. When exactly am I going to?"
      "It's already programmed with your starting destination," Ben replied. "If you need anything else, contact me by pressing that knob on top." Then, he recited a command. "Send current holder to starting destination."
      SHEER! Just like that, the blinding light sent Danny flying into the past.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#3 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Chapter 1, Part 3!

Once the light faded, Danny found himself in the trees just outside of a forest clearing. Having a feeling that there was supposed to be someone else there, he took the advice of the man in the thin, white, long jacket and pressed the knob at the top of the small object he'd been given.
      A small blue figure appeared just below said knob, apparently a hologram to contact this "Big Ben" character through.
      "Ah, Danny!" said the man. "You there yet?"
      "Yes, sir. What am I doing here?"
      "Forgive me for answering a question with a question, but is anyone in the clearing at the moment?"
      Danny looked around before answering. "No, sir. Why?"
      "Drat. Seems that whoever's behind this, they've gone further back than this." The mystery man shrugged. "Meh. Try going further back than this."
      "How much farther we talking?"
      Ben considered that for a moment. "Try May 9, 477. We'll go from there as needed."
      "Okay," Danny said hesitantly. "You got the coordinates set already, or do I need to put them in myself?"
      "They're already set. Just press the platform for the hologram after ending the call, and press the center of the resultant opening." With that, the figure shimmered out of sight.
      Despite his confusion, Danny complied, and was sent right back into the near-blinding light.

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#4 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Part 4 of Chapter 1!

Upon landing in the past (from the perspective of his departure time and his origin time), Danny took a moment to look around. He was near a small cottage, which was just being approached by a carriage of sorts.
      Contacting his mission commander, he inquired as to why this was his next stop.
      "This is when it all started," Big Ben explained. "More or less, at least. You see, today is the day that the wife of a focal figure in your world's history is supposed to die. Sadly, my calculations show that the latest moment at which the changes began is this hour, from your perspective. The woman in question may have stayed alive after this day."
      "Let me get this straight," Danny interrupted. "Are you telling me that, to fix time, I must either ensure that her killer gets the job done, or do it myself?"
      "Well, the killer is a Wolf Keidran, so the latter of those options is kind of out. But other than that, yes."
      "A wolf what?"
      "You better take a detour," Big Ben sighed. "Time for an explanation."

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#5 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Part 5 of the First Chapter!

WOOSH! Danny appeared among a group of humans on a boat.
      "Okay," he said. "What am I doing here, and won't I be seen?"
      "No," said BB's voice. "This is an explanatory flashback mode. You are viewing the events you see through the eyes of a past figure. In short, you are unable to interfere in any way. Understood?"
      "I guess."
      "Good. Then observe..."

Next entry starts Chapter 2! Stay tuned!

backonninja
Citizen

#6 Post by backonninja »

I like where this is going. Keep up the good work! :)

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#7 Post by IHeartMaeve »

This may take longer than I thought. Writer's block. Will resume when I get an idea. Just so everyone knows!

backonninja
Citizen

#8 Post by backonninja »

That could be... problematic. :?