All Good Things...

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

All Good Things...

#1 Post by Akira110 »

Part 1

A million years have passed since Balthoron had lived his life and a blue half dragon walked down the corridors of an archival station. He had spent the last few hundred years of his life trying to piece together one part of a mystery that scholars had been trying to figure out for the past several thousand years. He walked over towards one of the computers and started to run his finger over the panels, "My father... my entire family line... we've all been trying to figure out this mystery. Why has everything been so quiet since that fateful day. Please, show me the answers." The AI appeared before him, "You seek the answers that I cannot give you, but perhaps you will be the one that finds them when no one else could, Coronth." Coronth slammed his hand down on the console, "I know, like you've told my father before me and his father before him!"

The AI looked at him, "There are reports of someone fitting your description at the event that took place all those thousands of years ago." Coronth shook his head, not quite understanding, "What do you mean, that's impossible. We cannot time travel." The AI nodded, "This much I know, but in order for you to understand completely, you must figure out what happened there for yourself." Coronth started to protest when Coronth felt himself being drawn to a particular area. He abandoned the AI station and walked towards the room in question. He seemed to move on his own, driven by a force that he couldn't explain. As the door to the room in question opened, he saw a man in a black coat standing there, his hood down. Coronth heard the door slam behind him and turned around, a voice spoke up behind him, "Do not bother trying to escape."

Coronth turned around and pulled out his pistol, aiming it at the figure in the middle of the room, "Turn around and face me!" The figure scoffed, "And what if I don't, are you going to shoot me?" Coronth fired his pistol at the figure, but the shot impossibly stopped in front of the figure, never hitting him, "Impossible!" The figure shook his head, "Free will, it is good to see that you have never lost that. Your intelligence could be worked on though. You recklessly fired at someone you don't even know the first thing about. I guess I'll just have to show you something." The figure pulled out a photo and tossed it to Coronth, "Do you recognize the person in this photo?" Coronth looked down at the photo to see a male Kitsune with jet black hair and ice blue eyes, "He's my ancestor."

The figure nodded, "Would you like to meet your ancestor?" Coronth shook his head, "That is an impossibility, time travel does not work in this universe. Many people have tried in order to find the answers to what happened that day." The figure looked out one of the viewports, "These things are a tactical disadvantage, you know." Coronth growled, "Are you even listening!?" The figure looked towards another door, "Hmm, it would seem that a crowd has gathered there to see what's going wrong. A plasma torch, huh? I guess I'll have to deal with that." The figure snapped his fingers and suddenly the person carrying the plasma torch stopped. Coronth became angry and electricity started sparking down his hands, "Tell me what you're here to do, or get off my station!" The figure didn't bother to turn and so Coronth threw a bolt of lightning at him.

The bolt of lightning struck its target, but failed to have any effect. Coronth stepped back, "What kind of creature are you?" The figure turned its head, "I have granted this avatar of mine special protection and abilities. I guess you could say that I'm from a race of higher beings that exist outside of your dimension. For us, this is just a world of fiction, but for you, this is very much reality." Coronth looked around, "This place is very real! I assure you!" The figure nodded, "Of course it is, to you, for you exist within it. Chronicles of Verbana it is called where I come from. A rather good read by a man named Leon, if I do say so myself. However, Leon has been finding himself bored lately." Coronth couldn't believe what he was hearing, "You tell me lies to sway my mind! Show me your face!"

The figure lowered his hood, revealing a bald, bearded man standing there, "Is this a face that you will be comfortable with seeing?" Coronth growled, "I do not understand. What do you and your people want with us!?" The figure held out his hand and an image appeared before him, "I'm merely here to act as your guide. The real person that you should watch out for is the Author of this tale." Coronth saw a man that he couldn't recognize standing there, "Who is that?" The figure waved the image away and created a portal behind Coronth, "That is the Author, he is our creator." Coronth arched a brow, "Our creator?" The figure held out his hand and a force shoved Coronth through the portal. The last thing he heard before he entered it, "I'm just another character of his..."

Coronth landed on the other side of the portal, he recognized that he was in the past, but the figure appeared beside him again, "I am glad that you have made it here safely. I hope that you will sit tight, for I have to recover the other two that have been written to lead the battle against the Author." Coronth looked towards the figure, "May I have your name before you go?" The figure shook his head, "All you need to know about me is that the Author created me based off of a video game series that he liked." Coronth nodded and watched as the figure opened up a portal, "Tell me, young Coronth, would you like to meet the Legendary Grim Reaper or the Legendary Red Reaper first." Coronth sighed, "Flip a coin." The figure pulled out a coin and flipped it, "Heads, I will go seek Balthoron next. Sit tight." As the figure vanished into the portal, Coronth looked around, "Not like I could go anywhere."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: All Good Things...

#2 Post by Akira110 »

Part 2

Balthoron sat down in his office, he had been taking patients all day and his shift was almost over. He looked at the picture on his desk and closed his eyes, "For you, my love." He stood up from his chair as the memories flashed through his mind, memories of that particular day, when his very life got turned upside down. He shook his head to clear his mind, but couldn't, "A doctor with post-traumatic stress disorder. That's a laugh and a half." Balthoron let out a sarcastic laugh as he saw a nurse walk through, "I'm going to be going home a bit early. I could use the walk to clear my head." The nurse nodded, "Alright, Doctor Miyamae." Balthoron smiled and nodded, "Thanks, I'll treat you to dinner next week, alright?" The Nurse blushed and looked away, "Doctor, you don't have to!" Balthoron laughed heartily, "You've been working so hard. It's my treat, and you can bring your family along as well."

The Nurse nodded, "Thank you, sir." Balthoron nodded as he placed his white coat on the coat rack and grabbed his hat, placing it on his head. The pattering of the rain could be heard on the window. He didn't particularly much like the rain, after having spent so long in the military, but those days were behind him. Balthoron waved to the nurse as he left the clinic, his hands in his pockets as he walked along the sidewalk. As he walked, his mind flashed with other memories, he remembered the botched mission that he was the sole survivor of. His greatest failure as a commander, which led him to retire finally from the military. He stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and decided to take a detour from his usual destination.

Balthoron walked along the sidewalks and roads until he finally reached the park within Honoo that contained the statues of his father and his uncles. He opened up a panel on his father's statue as the wind picked up. He could sense the very air around him become electrically charged, a powerful storm was moving in. As the scanner behind the panel came to life, Balthoron placed his hand in the slot behind the panel. The needle stuck him in the hand and the voice spoke up, "Balthoron Miyamae, welcome back." The door opened for him and he walked into the crypt, "Close the door and lock this place." The door closed behind him and he heard it lock, "That should keep me safe from this storm." Balthoron walked down the stairs and through the winding corridors to come to a room with a single pod in it, "Father..."

The pod remained silent, but Balthoron didn't give up, "Father, I know the AI that is based off of you is still active." A holographic version of Yoshiro flickered to life, "You called me from being dead for this?" Balthoron folded his arms, less than amused by this, "I need your help. You may only be a program based off the experiences and memories of my father, but you're the next best thing to talking to my father himself." The hologram of Yoshiro shrugged, "What is it that you need, Balthoron?" Balthoron looked away, "How do you deal with these painful memories. Memories of failure, memories of... loss." The Yoshiro hologram folded its arms and shook its head, "You live with them. When my template was alive, he lived every day with his memories, with the nightmares. You are no different, Balthoron." A voice spoke behind him, "You will always bear the weight of your memories."

Balthoron turned around, shocked that he hadn't picked up the scent of or even heard the person as he had snuck up behind him. It was a figure in a black coat, the hood was up, but yet, Balthoron couldn't see the figure's face. The figure pointed at him with a black gloved hand, "You are the Red Reaper, are you not?" Balthoron scowled at that, "I put that behind me! I am a doctor now!" The figure waved his hand and a beam of light shot out towards Balthoron who dodged. Electricity arced across Balthoron's hand and the figure laughed, "So the old saying is true. You can take the man out of war, but you cannot take the war out of the man. Though you have chosen the civilian life, you still hold onto the instincts that make you a soldier." Balthoron looked at his hand and then at the figure, "Who are you!?"

The figure motioned towards Balthoron, "Let's see if the rumors of the Red Reaper are true." Balthoron growled and stood up, "That isn't me anymore, stop trying to provoke me!" The figure rushed at Balthoron, who entered a defensive position, but the figure vanished before he could act. Soon, Balthoron felt a pain in the back of his head and he stumbled forward from the force of the blow. Balthoron quickly regained his footing and turned to face the figure that wasn't standing there anymore. Balthoron looked around, trying to sense the bio-electric field of the mysterious being, "Where are you!?" The figure's voice spoke up from above, "Look up, Balthoron. It's the only direction that you haven't tried!" Balthoron concentrated, electricity arced across his entire body and his hair started standing straight up, "I'll show you what I can do."

The figure seemed pleased at this, "Then come, Balthoron." Balthoron watched as the figure landed on the ground and the two of them rushed at each other. Balthoron threw a punch and was expecting to cause the figure some pain, but his fist never landed against his target. Balthoron stumbled forward, "An illusion!?" The figure laughed and the barrier appeared. Balthoron recognized what it was and tried to shut off his magic, but it was too late. His own magic was reflected back onto him and pain shot through his entire system. He fell to the ground and watched as a familiar shotgun appeared before him, "Who are you... how do you have these powers!?" The figure waved his hand, "Pick up your shotgun, try and strike me down and then I will tell you the answer." Balthoron grabbed the shotgun and fired it at the figure.

The shards of metal flew towards the figure and then immediately stopped, Balthoron knew that he wasn't going to be able to inflict any damage to the figure, so he lowered his weapon. The figure revealed his face, "You could say that I'm a servant of this world. And if I'm a servant, then perhaps you should consider yourself a tool at best." Balthoron didn't like what he had been told, but the power difference between the two of them was too great to ignore. Perhaps he was nothing more than a tool after all. Balthoron stood up, "All my life, I decided to fight against destiny, but..." The figure opened up a portal, "If you enter the portal, you will have one more chance to fight against destiny." Balthoron looked at the portal and then at the figure, "You are the harbinger of something..." The figure nodded, "Our creator's arrival will be soon, on the other side of that portal. Your father is the only missing piece of the puzzle." Balthoron nodded and entered the portal.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#3 Post by Akira110 »

Part 3

Yoshiro stood in front of a gravestone, he hadn't come to visit in a long time and he felt the need to do so, "It's been a while, old friend. Things have been quiet without you, ya know." Yoshiro felt silly, he knew that Rogelio couldn't hear him, but he continued talking anyhow, "I guess... I want to apologize for getting revenge, rather than bringing your killer to justice. You... were my friend and instead of fulfilling your wishes, I fulfilled my base desire." Yoshiro placed the flowers that he had brought to the graveyard onto Rogelio's grave, "These were always your favorite." He closed his eyes as tears started to roll down his face. He stood up and wiped them away, "You and I were always close and I failed you, both in your final moments and posthumously. I guess this will be the final goodbye though, Rogelio. I'm leaving the planet and don't know when I'll be back."

Yoshiro turned away from the grave and walked away. As he passed through the graveyard, he heard hushed whispers from many others, but he didn't pay them any attention. He accidentally bumped into someone while he wasn't paying attention and his cybernetic hand shot out to catch them, "Sorry about that." The woman tore herself free, "Well if you were paying attention to where you were going, then perhaps you wouldn't have done that in the first place!" Yoshiro turned his face around to look at her, "Tell me, ma'am, do you honestly think the dead would appreciate us fighting in their final resting place?" The woman gasped, "I'm sorry, Yoshiro! Please forgive me." Yoshiro scoffed, obviously disgusted at how he is constantly treated, just because people look upon him as if he were some sort of hero.

The woman looked at him, "Did I offend you?" Yoshiro's cybernetic hand tightened into a fist, "It's nothing." The woman shook her head, "Don't tell me that it's nothing, something is bothering a great hero such as yourself." Yoshiro started to walk away from her and she followed him. He didn't bother to hide the annoyance in his manner of speech, "Tell me, don't you have a loved one or a friend's grave to visit?" The woman looked at the flowers in her hand, "He can wait, it's not like I get to meet a hero like yourself every day!" Yoshiro could feel the biomechanical hand tighten even further and he tried to push the anger to the back of his mind. The woman cheerfully called out, "Will you give me your autograph! My son would love something signed by the great Yoshiro!" Yoshiro's patience died with that very comment.

He stopped and turned around, tearing the glove off his biomechanical hand, "You want to meet a hero!?" The woman looked at him, shocked, "But you are one." Yoshiro pointed at her, "You are nothing more than a lazy woman who chooses to dream about a hero that comes to save her. All of you people make me sick! Yoshiro do this! Yoshiro do that! Yoshiro, can you sign my stuff! Yoshiro, can you name my baby! Yoshiro, can I have my picture taken with you! None of you know of the sacrifices that I had to make in order to keep every single one of you safe from harm. None of you ever consider to ask me how I'm doing or how I feel about what I've been through! All you ever seem to consider is just how you can get something out of me." The woman backed up a few steps.

Yoshiro tightened the fist of his biomechanical hand further, he could feel the mechanical components in it start becoming damaged slightly due to the stress he was putting on them, "All you people ever do is sit at home and think, 'golly gee, it sure is nice that we have some hero to take care of our business and keep us safe!' What will you do when I'm gone!? Huh!? Are every single one of you willing to stand up to defend yourselves!? Are you willing to fight in order to protect your homes!? I am not and never have been a hero! This hero that you have created in your mind is merely just an idealistic image that you have of me! All because none of you lazy people will get off your butts and help me when I need help and then you expect me to be cool with it when you start worshiping me as a hero!"

Everyone looked at him with absolute shock and Yoshiro scoffed, "You're all pathetic. You're willing to turn towards someone and treat them with respect when he makes so many sacrifices to protect all of you, but when it comes time for you to help me, you hide under your beds with your tail tucked between your legs like cowards! I have spent the last few centuries trying to get through your heads that I am just a single man and that I cannot bear the weight of the world on my shoulders, however, none of you ever once lifted a finger to help me, even when I asked!" Within all the stunned silence, Yoshiro heard a clapping sound and he watched as a figure in a black coat appeared before him, "Xelon..." Yoshiro detached the hand from his biomechanical implant and pointed the wrist at him.

The figure lowered the hood, revealing the face from before, "I see that you know my name." Yoshiro aimed the weapon in the base of the wrist at Xelon, "I know this won't have much if any effect, but I will do what I can to stop you." Xelon looked at him, "And pray tell, what are you going to stop me from doing?" Yoshiro growled, "From destroying the world. I know that your arrival is the sign that the world will be rebooted. I've been around enough computers to know that whatever is behind you is going to hit the universal reset button and wipe all of us from existence." Xelon chuckled, "And do you honestly think that your shot will be able to stop me?" Yoshiro fired the cannon and quickly reattached the hand. He watched as the shot dissipated in front of Xelon.

Xelon chuckled, "You had so much promise." Yoshiro smirked as Lilah appeared behind Xelon and attempted a backstab, but her hand phased through him. Yoshiro blinked, "What!?" Yoshiro dilated time and saw Xelon's attack come from his side, he was able to dodge it just in time and Xelon smiled, "You're every bit the good that our creator made you." Yoshiro frowned, "I'm not lazy, I keep up with every bit of my strict training regimen." Xelon and Yoshiro rushed at each other and Yoshiro grabbed his sword, drawing it as the two rushed at each other. He used the pommel to get extra distance to land a blow on Xelon, who simply shrugged it off. Yoshiro scoffed, "Typical." Xelon held out his hand an a pressure wave slammed into Yoshiro, throwing the sword away from him and knocking him down. Xelon looked down at Yoshiro, "There is a portal behind you. Take it."

Yoshiro stood up and looked at the portal, "What's behind it?" Xelon shrugged, "The time and place that the reboot will happen, Yoshiro." Yoshiro nodded and walked through the portal, not bothering to pick up his sword. Xelon closed that portal and opened up another portal. He walked through the portal and found himself back outside of the universe, "I have gathered the three that you wanted gathered." A figure turned around and nodded, "That is good. I will very much like to see them one more time before I start the reboot." Xelon nodded, "It is as you will, my master. If you will permit me to ask, may I know your name?" The figure stepped out of the shadows, revealing a bearded man, "I have created you in my image Xelon, but I will not allow you to know my name just yet. For now, call me... The Author..."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#4 Post by Akira110 »

Part 4

Yoshiro found himself standing before Balthoron and Coronth, he looked at his son, "What are you doing here?" Balthoron shrugged, "I got here shortly before you did, and that guy over there has been here since before either of us." Coronth looked at them both, "I can't believe I'm getting to meet either of you!" Balthoron looked at Coronth, "I'm afraid that you have my father and I at a disadvantage." Yoshiro scoffed, "Even in the future, I'm worshiped as some hero." Balthoron winced at that, but Coronth looked at Yoshiro, "No, you don't understand, you're my great-great-great-great-great..." Yoshiro cut him off, "Ancestor will do fine. So I guess Balthoron and I are your direct ancestors?" Coronth shook his head, "Balthoron would be a granduncle, my ancestor is Misaki." Yoshiro folded his arms and laughed, "Well I'll be, that one finally stole the heart of another. I figured she'd never settle down."

Coronth nodded, "Well, we're all here... so what now..." Suddenly a figure wearing a blue coat, the same kind that Xelon was wearing appeared before them, "Greetings, you three. I have summoned you here to tell you about the reboot." Yoshiro concentrated and threw a fireball at the figure, "You will not reboot this world!" The figure grabbed the coat and lowered the hood to reveal a face that looked a lot like Xelon, except with glasses, "Tell me, Yoshiro." The figure raised his hand and caught the fireball in it, crushing it as if it was nothing, "Did you honestly think that was going to have any effect on the man who created you and the entire universe that you live in." Balthoron gasped and threw a bolt of electricity at the figure, who simply teleported out of the way. The figure wagged his finger at Balthoron, "Tsk tsk. I thought y'all would know better."

Coronth looked at him, "You're going to destroy our world, right?" The figure looked at them, "No, I'm not. I don't know where you got that idea from, but perhaps I should... even the field for you." The figure held up his hand and a portal appeared behind them. Entire fleets and armies appeared behind them, even other allies of theirs. The figure chuckled, "Come at me with all of your power." Yoshiro called out to everything that was gathered there, "That man is going to destroy the entire universe that we live in!" The figure looked at the fleets as all the guns started training on him. He smiled as they all simultaneously fired and held up his hand, the shots all moved around him, missing him entirely. Yoshiro watched as this happened and growled, "How are you so powerful!"

The figure looked down at Yoshiro, "I told you, my creation. I am the author of this story." Yoshiro growled, "Someone, aim for his pen! It's the source of his power!" The Author shrugged and willing threw pen away and looked down at Yoshiro, "Do you honestly believe that the source of my power would be a simple implement such as that." The Author tapped his head, "All of my creativity, all of my imagination, everything I have used to create this world is in here. I have used a computer to give the world a tangible form that people in my world can view the events that go on in it. However, I have grown bored with sharing the events of this particular universe. I'm creating a new universe via a reboot!" Coronth flew towards the Author, "Then I'll stop you! The blood of Dragons flow through my veins!"

The Author looked towards Coronth, "Though I have great reverence for dragons, I have to say that your attack will before naught." As Coronth reached for The Author to try to rake his claws across his face, The Author grabbed Coronth's arm and used the momentum to swing him around and throw him towards the other two combatants. Yoshiro was able to dodge the attack, but Balthoron was floored by it. Killian growled and concentrated, forcing all of his mana into a single point in front of The Author. An orb of fire and rock appeared in front of him and The Author just laughed, "This mana burst?" Yoshiro watched as the object exploded and smirked, "Don't under estimate the power of us Verbanans!" The smoke cleared to reveal that The Author was still alive and unharmed, "Well, I'll admit, I wasn't expecting you to use a mana burst against me."

Killian looked at him, "How do we stop someone like you!?" The Author looked behind himself and teleported the orb of white energy away from himself. Yoshiro pointed at the Orb that vanished, "If we find it and destroy it, we will render him powerless!" The Author looked down at the group gathered in front of him, "Yes, attack a budding universe, that's what you do. That won't have any repercussions at all." Yoshiro arched a brow, "Are you being sarcastic in the middle of the battle?" The Author sighed, "No, not at all." Yoshiro growled, "If only I had some sort of power boost!" The Author waved his hand and Yoshiro suddenly found himself enveloped in a golden aura, "Perhaps you would like the power of a god instead of just this super form?" Yoshiro looked at The Author, "This will be more than enough to take you on!"

Yoshiro flew up towards The Author who smiled, "Yes! This is something I've always wanted to do." The Author smiled as his beard turned a shade of pink. Yoshiro looked at the beard, "Pink, really!?" The Author smirked, "My favorite villain sported pink hair in his most powerful form." Yoshiro flew over and tried to punch The Author who simply appeared behind him and kicked him away, sending him flying through the air, "Tell me, Yoshiro. Are you familiar with Anime or Manga?" Yoshiro shook his head and threw a fireball at The Author, "That has nothing to do with any of this!" The Author smiled, "Oh, but it does." Yoshiro rushed at The Author who teleported with his hands to his side at chest level, "I'm sure if you ever saw an anime, you'd know this one." The Author thrust his hands forward, both palms facing forward as a beam of red energy fired from his hands.

Yoshiro barely dodged the attack, "You think that will be enough to stop me!?" The Author teleported again and this time Yoshiro felt a sharp pain in the back of his neck, "That was a distraction, Yoshiro." As Yoshiro fell to the ground, Balthoron grew angry, "Give me this power you offered my father!" Balthoron's eyes and hair suddenly became a light blue to match his skin color, "What is this?" The Author pointed at the hair, "The counterpart to the form I assumed." Balthoron smiled and cupped his hands at his sides, "I've seen where this goes." The Author smiled, excited, "Yes! Give me a good show!" The Author spread his arms and started charging energy. As energy formed between Balthoron's hands, he smiled, "Are you sure that you can handle this?" The Author laughed, "Give me a good showing, Balthoron!"

Balthoron thrust his hands forward, a beam of yellow energy, crackling with electricity fired towards The Author. The Author simply brought his hands together in front of him and fired a beam of red energy at Balthoron's beam. The two beams collided and formed a ball between the two of them and The Author became excited, "Yes! Yes! I have not had this much fun with the worlds I've created since I was writing those crossovers!" Balthoron looked at him, "You intend to destroy our world, I will not let you!" The Author frowned, "I have no intention of destroying the world! I am rebooting it!" Balthoron grunted as he felt himself being overwhelmed, he was losing ground, "That's the same thing!" The Author stopped pushing for a second, "I think there is a misunderstanding here." Balthoron took that as his advantage and pushed, sending the beam struggle towards The Author who vanished, "YES!"

Coronth cheered and then his heart sank into his chest as a figure appeared before the three of them. Balthoron looked at The Author, who waved his hand, taking the powers that had been granted to them, "Now then, who told you that I'm going to destroy this universe." Yoshiro stood up weakly and The Author sighed, waving his hand, healing all his wounds. Yoshiro shook his head, "I was told that with the coming of The Author, the world will be destroyed." The Author sighed, "I knew I shouldn't have let those doomsday cults spring up. However, that's a price I had to pay to allow you guys to have free will and autonomy. I'm not going to destroy your universe. Look, if you give me enough time to finish setting up the reboot, I'll explain what I'm doing, alright?" Yoshiro nodded, "Very well then, Author." The Author looked at him, "Thank you."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#5 Post by Akira110 »

Finale

The Author turned away from his creations, he had spent the last couple of years dealing with this particular world and wanted to get back to his reboot, to finally finish the whole storyline. He held the white orb in his hands, the fledgling universe that he was creating before he was attacked by his own creations. He concentrated and finally, the universe took form, "There." The Author turned his head and sent the fledgling universe away, "The reboot is complete. Now all I have to do is wait for the right time to start chronicling the happenings there." Yoshiro looked at The Author, "So you really weren't going to destroy this universe?" The Author closed his eyes and chuckled, "Why would I? I've already shared you stories with the world I come from in a more or less permanent state. I'm fairly certain that people won't just forget about you."

Balthoron shrugged, "What now then?" The Author snapped his fingers and a chair appeared before the three of them, with The Author teleporting into the chair, "You live your lives how you want, without my interference. You're no longer the focus of the new storyline. But because this particular universe has been dark and rather grim, I shall take a few requests from you and Balthoron, Yoshiro." Coronth looked at him, "What about me?" The Author looked at Coronth, "You never had your story told, not to mention, you exist far beyond this time. Whatever suffering you endured in this instance of the Chronicles of Verbana was not of my doing, but the will of the universe. Not to mention, I have granted your wish. You wanted knowledge of the event that caused everything to go quiet, well you have that knowledge." Coronth looked away, "While that's true... it's..."

The Author shrugged, "We don't always find ourselves happy with our decisions. I wouldn't be creating an entirely new version of this universe parallel to this one if I was." Yoshiro looked at him, "What's a reboot?" The Author looked at him, "Are you sure you wish to use your request on that?" Yoshiro looked down, "I'm not... sure." The Author laughed, "Relax, Yoshiro. A reboot is when I leave this particular universe for a different version of it that I create. The old universe still exists, and unlike the other times I've rebooted, I've left evidence of this particular universe in my world. None of you will ever have to worry about being forgotten." Yoshiro nodded, "Then... I'd like Katriina back." The Author shook his head, "I refuse to wave my hand and undo events like that for this universe. Who knows what will happen to it."

Yoshiro was upset, "I thought you were the one that created all this. You could do anything!" The Author shook his head, "No one is all powerful, not even I am. I however can accommodate your wish. The new universe will go through similar, but not the same events up until the point of which I start guiding it down a path in order to better chronicle the setting. I am not making any promises, but I will see what I can do." Balthoron looked away, "I just... want for the new universe to not have to experience a galactic war like I did." The Author smiled, "That's easy enough. So, is that all from the two of you?" Yoshiro and Balthoron looked at each other, "Yeah, we guess so." The Author nodded and opened up a portal behind the three of them, "It's time for you to go back home. Things should be a lot more quiet without me around here."

Yoshiro nodded, "Thanks for not destroying the universe." The Author waved to him dismissively, "Like I said, I wasn't thinking of it in the first place." Yoshiro entered his portal and then Coronth walked into his portal. Balthoron was the only one to remain, "Tell me, why was our universe dark and dismal?" The Author shrugged, "I got tired of war being glorified. So I figured I'd use what I create to show the true horrors of war. Frankly... I'm tired of writing about war, that's why I'm doing this reboot." Balthoron nodded, "So I guess we're all pawns to you?" The Author shook his head, "In my world, none of you are alive. Y'all are just words on a page and some drawings artists have made of y'all. But multiverse theory and all. Who knows." Balthoron chuckled, "Multiverse theory indeed."

The Author nodded and Balthoron looked at him, "What are you going to do now?" The Author turned around and opened his own portal, "I'm going to go home, grab a cup of coffee and a notebook and then jot down notes. I still have some Let's Plays to record." Balthoron nodded, not entirely understanding, "Well, this is goodbye, I guess." The Author smirked, "For you, it will be goodbye. But for me, I'll be able to read what I've written at any time." Balthoron entered his portal without a word and as The Author looked at his portal, Xelon appeared before him, "Am I to come with you?" The Author shook his head, "You do not belong in any universe that I create. However, when you return to your home, you'll find something nice. If you need me, I'll be making sure the new universe is forming properly." Without another word, The Author departed from that universe, never to look back.