A Different World (CANCELLED)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

A Different World (CANCELLED)

#1 Post by RowanEx »

A Different World
A fanfiction by Rowan Ex

{Alternate Universe, Adventure, Romance}

“It had been impossible, yet here it was. Arthur found himself in a different realm, and it has opened something from himself. Can he control it? Actually, can he even survive the place?”

-----------------------------------------

Hello! The first topic, after the intro. This is a story about... a man... from an Earth... you know. I think there's a lot of Human in [WHATEVER WORLD THIS IS!?] stories over FF.Net, but then, I suppose this is a good story. Now, this is a story about a guy. Imagine this, you're a test subject for advanced teleportation procedures for the government and now you're in the middle of a forest, with merely a weapon and some ample clothing they gave you.

Yes, you're basically imagining how Arthur woke up.

I made this story to tie in with the current comic, sort of. Spoilers, but they're only going to be there for that chapter. :P Now, I'll update this sporadically. You see, I'm making fanfiction too, and other school stuff. (I'm merely Grade 10! :keith: )

Now, this is what I do, by the way. I'm posting it here.

-----------------------------------------
Spoiler!
(Arthur’s P. O. V.)

I felt weak.

It had been like so since I had arrived in this world through the technology my forefathers designed. It all began as a simple test of teleportation and it was my turn for the test. I had been designated as one of those who had the ability to do magic; a fantasy no doubt. But yet, here I am. In a foreign world without no traces of technology I have seen.

All that I remained were my jacket, my shirt, my pants, a dagger that I had kept when I had a chance to visit from my organization weaponry, a cloak they gave me in secret, and my watch. It was fortunate that my watch still ticked, or else I will miss and soon forget what I had been. Every tick reminded me of my current plan; I must find someone that can help me find where I was, and learn how I should leave this place. And now, it seemed like fate has smiled on me, as I have retrieved the rest of my equipment I had.

My smile was merely short-lived when I saw something that a part of myself frowned upon. I had seemed to find an estate upon my location. I had taken note on how medieval it looked and replaced my plan. For now, it would be to enter a viable shelter, for I have been merely walking for a long while, and I am feeling deeply weakened as I traverse the strange world. A part of me told a suggestion that I have considered myself. This suggestion was to search for the courtyard and get answers.

Donning my cloak to hide my true clothing, I set out once again after I had rested underneath a tree. Before long, I have reached my destination and saw what I had thought were guards. One of them approached me and I watched if he would strike me down. I had my dagger prepared for a counter strike, and I was not showing my fear over the odd situation.

“Stop. What’s your business?” he had asked.

I opened my mouth to answer, but I closed it soon after to think about what I should say for this new land. After some minute, I answered.

“I have come from afar, and I seek shelter,” I answered, “for I am growing weak.”

I was formal, for I had talked for respect.

“Okay, well, I’ll just check with the Grand Templar what we should do about it,” he had instantaneously replied.

My words were different from theirs, yet I felt like I had said the right thing. As I watched the guard enter such humongous door, I have decided to let my legs collapse, which had unfortunately attracted another guard. I raised my hand to stop him, and he understood. This world is different, for I came from a world of firearms, yet this world is of swords. A thought of seeing monsters passed upon my mind. Another thought passed through my head. These thoughts were disrupted when I saw the door being opened, and to my wonder, a white wolf has opened the door.

That alone told me that I am not on Earth. The wolf was just mere proof to me that I cannot go home in a way I came here.

I entered the house and to my greater wonder, I found the rooms beautiful, like a rich person, or Templar as I had heard. However, my wonder was not enough to keep my body awake, and I had fainted right just before I heard the wolf tell me about the guest rooms.

I woke up and the first thing that I saw was a female tiger, beside a blue-haired boy. I looked over myself and to my horror, I find myself strapped to the bed. I looked over to the two beings and merely gave a raised eyebrow before reaching out to take my dagger. I didn’t hear them speak at first, but after I have failed to reach my dagger, I heard them.

“–must’ve been trying to escape,” the boy finished.

“Oh, hi,” I told them. “Why am I tied to the bed?”

“Uh, well, we have trust problems, per se,” the tigress, as I have realized, replied. “And, well, you came out of nowhere and fainted.”

“I suppose. I’m not sure of what you are, nor what the place has,” I said. “And, I’ve only been around for a few moments.”

They gave me a look.

“I’m going to say the truth once I learn what’s in this place,” I offered.

~~~()~~~

(Global P.O.V.)

“Sorry for tying you up, and you must be a long way from home, huh?” Trace asked the man. “Say, I haven’t heard your name, sir.”

“Oh, it’s… Arthur,” the cloaked man answered. He looked at his wrist and then outside. “It’s night. I must've slept for days.”

“Actually, just five hours,” Flora proudly corrected. “So, Arthur, this is your first time here? And what’s that ticking thing anyway?”

“Oh, a time measuring device. Don’t try to take it from me,” Arthur warned. “You two must promise me to keep my origins quiet. Understand?”

“Sure,” Trace agreed. “Are you going anywhere?”

“Probably to take a map,” Arthur told them. “I… I need more information. I can’t be here on an incident, considering they gave me a cloak and I have a dagger…”

Arthur looked over himself and took his dagger that hung from his pants. At once, he began to lazily throw it upwards and caught it on its hilt every time it had landed. Flora looked at him with uncertainty while Trace reflected the same emotion in a more subtle way. Arthur looked over and dropped the dagger after holding the blade instead of the hilt.

“Mother of…” Arthur silently cursed. “I need to practice on that.”

Arthur picks up the dagger and looked over it. All three pairs of eyes afterward land to a crystal embedded into its hilt. Trace immediately recognized it.

“It’s a mana stone! But it’s embedded within the dagger,” he noticed.

Arthur looked closely. “A mana stone? Magic, you say?” he clarified. He looked up to see Trace nodding and opened his mouth to continue, but Arthur interrupted him. “I wonder how it works. It must activate on some type of command.”

“Don’t do it here, please!” both of them begged.

“I’m not actually going to try to know how it works, yet.” Arthur looked outside. “Say, where’s the nearest town?”

~~~()~~~

In terms of view, sometimes Keidra asked herself what would’ve happened if she was a human, not a domesticated cat Keidran. She somehow missed being a human back home, but it all felt like a dream that kept pressing on her head. Passing through the slowly-recovering streets of Edinmire. She mused that the time of peace was over ever since the Wolf clans had been attacking human territories, the King is dead, the supposedly-dead Grand Templar is on the wanted list, and…

Hold on a second.

Approaching a man, his body hidden by a cloak, Keidra opened up to speak but remembered she doesn’t remember how to speak in Human. English? Human.

Arthur, who was looking around for a clear field to inspect his inventory, looked at her and stepped back, his eyes filled with curiosity, wonder, and… familiarity. Looking around, he ran toward a random direction until his legs gave up immediately mere feet away from the town and into the forest trees.

“Right, I am still in unrest,” he mumbled against the sound of the woods and the ticking of his watch, “How I managed to walk from Point Zero to the Legacy Estate, I will never know!” He pulled out a map from his back, moving his cloak aside to let the air enter his body.

“So… Edinmire… and those people I met were finding this place… should I follow? Nah. Probably mingle around, if I can.” He untied a small pouch from his belt. “At least I got some money now. Apparently, American money, if melted, is pure gold.”

He frowned. “And now I have a dozen nuggets. This place isn’t modern either.” He shoved his hands into his blue-green jacket, the cloak hiding the rest of his body within the gray fabric it was made. “Poof.”

“Nyeh?” something mumbled.

Arthur jumped, his dagger flying upwards to his hand from his boots that he had loaned from Trace. He pointed it towards Keidra who merely yipped and hid behind a tree.

“It’s you, from town. Why did you follow me?” Arthur asked.

The Keidran merely tilted her head, before she shook her head. Arthur frowned as withdrew his dagger and noticed something out of place about her. He seemed more human, as both Flora and that wolf named Natani had explained to him. Arthur stared at her for a long while. He knew he wasn’t the first, as the U.S. had said, but they explained they sent “a little girl” in an accident. Is this the woman they said?

Meanwhile, Keidra’s getting more or less crept out. Why does this weird human keep staring at her? Didn’t they know it was a little rude? Before she could react, a swift hand pulled her towards into the forest, her clothing being swiftly snatched off. She blushed and hurried over to take back her clothes, especially her cloak.

“I figured as much, I think you’re that girl that went first after me,” Arthur mumbled before dropping the clothes in up high.

As soon as Keidra picked her clothes up, Arthur was nowhere to be seen. However, on her shirt, there was a note tucked within, and it merely said five words.
“Keidra Sawyer, United States Military”
She thought it was just nonsense, but she kept it anyway.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

RowanEx
Citizen

Re: A Different World

#2 Post by RowanEx »

ThunderVolt wrote:Wonderful! I didn't know you were the writing type. How often do you plan on updating? There tends to be little to no competition here in the Story Board, since I update daily (and the subforum is practically dead). But this looks like it can really get up off the ground! Keep writing!
Thanks :karen: The problem for me is this Filipino trait called ningas congon, like, laziness after starting very good. I'm already being affected by it on my other fics...

I plan to update it... well... like, I think at least 4 times a month.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

RowanEx
Citizen

Re: A Different World

#3 Post by RowanEx »

Spoiler!

Keidra looked over the note, sitting under the shades of a tree near the burnt docks. Her little boat had been one of the unfortunate victims, and she was currently trapped under human territory.

‘It’s not a boat, it’s called a raft,’ an alien voice corrected her.

She frowned and looked up. <I thought you went away,> she whispered.

Unbeknownst to everyone, she was talking to a humanoid figure that had appeared, sitting on one of the branches. The figure giggled. ‘I can’t go away, I’m part of you. Well, your past.’

<I’m not a human,> she barked. <What are you wearing anyway? That’s different.>

‘It’s called a jumpsuit. And a jacket on top.’ The figure jumped down and sat beside her. ‘Didn’t you notice what the old man’s wearing?’

<No, not really…>

The figure frowned. ‘He’s wearing a cloak, the same cloak as yours, I’ve noticed, and a jacket. Now, isn’t that a bit off? If only you didn’t sell your jacket… and well, basically, yourself,’ the figure lamented.

Keidra seemed to remember something. <Yo...You’re right…> she frowned, clutching her head. <Why can’t I remember!?>

-----

Arthur was… He was panicking. He was panicking because everything around him didn't make sense. Even his memory didn’t make sense for the specific events that had transcribed. How did he manage to stay calm for a whole day after fainting a palace? How did he even got into an estate by walking from the mountains? And why does everything sound so oddly familiar!?

“Okay, I cannot still believe I talked to walking animals, I saw a dragon, there’s that guy with a weird triangle, the tigress, and there’s also that cat who keeps reminding me of Keidra!” he complained to the sky. “Oh, Odin, where in the Nine Realms am I anyway!? This is not Earth at all! Grah!”

He pulled his dagger out and stabbed the nearest tree and repeated the action for a dozen times until his arm gave up. Dropping the dagger, he glanced at his work of art. The dagger had created a hexagonal glyph on the tree, amusing Arthur as he sworn he wasn’t even focusing. It made him laugh for a moment, the horrible feeling washing off until minutes had passed. By then, a certain curious fox Keidran had approached the recovering man. Arthur blinked as he saw Keidra approached him, without any clothes except for her chest where a long green fabric is wrapped around her.

“Uh… oh, hey.” Arthur hid the dagger within his belt. “How are you here? I made sure I was far from town.”

<I know… but… you’re noisy,> Keidra mumbled.

“Sorry, what?” Arthur apologized. “I… I can’t speak that language, yet. Although… you feel familiar…”

Keidra frowned. <This is gonna get interesting,> she mumbled. <I can understand him, yes, but he can’t understand me.>

“Uh… this is awkward. Can you, at least, understand me?” Arthur asked and smiled as she nodded. “Good! Uh, I have an offer for you.”

She looked up, decided she will be silent most of the time.

“You, help me learn about your language,” Arthur proposed. “In return, I help you in whatever need you… need.”

It took a moment of time before Keidra nodded. <Yay!> she told herself not-so-loud, pouncing on him.

Arthur merely yelped as he couldn’t react in time.

-----

“Ow.” Arthur looked over to the now-asleep Keidran, the illuminating rays touching them for the last time on that day. “Okay, I’m now going to make sure that… huh.” He inspected his cloak. “No rippings. Must be some sort of fabric they gave me.”

He frowned. “She also has the same cloak…” he noticed.

Looking over to inspect his cloak, he noticed a piece of paper snuck between an open seam. Pulling it off, he turned the paper to find a glyph. Rolling his eyes, he turned the page. What he saw was interesting.

“Arthur Grey, Son of King”

Like, somehow, someone pointed out that he was the descendant of a real-life King Arthur. Shrugging, he mused that there are something manipulating him and this Keidran, and he was determined to break it. As the moon rose, his eyes began to feel a bit heavy until a piece of paper attempted to leave Keidra’s cloak. On the first moment, he took it with a swipe and yelped as he read its contents. It had effectively woken up Keidra as well, and mumbled something about annoying neighbors.

“You’re Keidra Sawyer!?” he accused. “But… Keidra’s a human girl! And… and she certainly didn’t have a cloak!”

“Nyeh?” Keidra asked. <What are you talking about?>

“I think you’re asking what I’m talking about.” He gave her the piece of paper with her name in it, which she just hid. He sighed. “Two questions, are you Keidra? How old are you?”

<Yes,> Keidra answered with a nod and shrugged afterwards. <And… uh… I don’t remember. Odd.>

“Whatever. I can’t understand you anyway.” He slumped back to the tree. “I wonder if… nah.”

-----

Flora looked around, wondering what caused her to sneeze.

-----

‘Ooh, he seems to know the old you,’ The figure teased.

<Shut up,> Keidra mumbled.

‘As you wish, kid. Although the sun’s down, you should go back to the tavern.’ The humanoid figure’s clothes shifted into something Keidra was more familiar off; a shirt and the same cloak they both had.

Keidra looked over the choices she had and shrugged. <I’ll stay here. This guy’s panicking, and I need someone as well so that I’m not stuck here. Sort of. I wanna learn Human too!> she explained to herself.

The figure shook her head. ‘Well then, I suppose you won’t need me for sometime then.’ The figure’s face that was blurred ever since she could remember cleared up, revealing a little girl’s face. ‘See ya, you little foxie.’

<?> Keidra approached the figure only to remember that she had been dreaming that person. She sighed. <Alright. First, we need some sort of neutral language. But…>

-----

Arthur’s eyes fluttered open, and he took a sigh. He thought sleeping would take him away from this place, but it seems that he’s stuck here. He was about to stand up when he saw the Keidran sleeping on him.

This is going to be a long day.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex