Fall Writing Competition 2016

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jarlath
Citizen

Re: Fall Writing Competition 2016

#16 Post by Jarlath »

As I submitted an entry into the contest, I'll remove myself from volunteering for judge duty :)
Good luck to all entrants, I see some are already well fleshed out and great reads. Hope everyone has a read of all entries.
I sure write better than I draw that is for sure...

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#17 Post by JediGuy »

Cheers, everyone! We're about...25.5 hours away from deadline close! I've updated the first post with a list of all entries that I've currently found listed. If you haven't submitted yet, please remember that you have until 10 PM US Eastern Time tomorrow to do so. If I've missed any, let me know.
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#18 Post by Myperson54 »

https://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19789

On one hand this was a fascinating study in how a guy can just pump out words and on the other hand it's a great study on how stressed a guy can get. BUt I'm done and for once somewhat pleased with my results.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

ConkerBirdy
Templar GrandMaster
Location: On top of a jelly cloud away from the evil monkey zombie ninjas who wield flaming fire swords.

#19 Post by ConkerBirdy »

Damn, cant believe I found out about this the day it was ending. I wouldve given it my all for once and actually experimented with a short story idea I had.

Jarlath
Citizen

#20 Post by Jarlath »

ConkerBirdy wrote:Damn, cant believe I found out about this the day it was ending. I wouldve given it my all for once and actually experimented with a short story idea I had.
So do it anyways and give it 110%. :)

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#21 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Jarlath wrote:
ConkerBirdy wrote:Damn, cant believe I found out about this the day it was ending. I wouldve given it my all for once and actually experimented with a short story idea I had.
Yeah, do it. Mine was fairly last minute even though it was an idea that I had for ages. But free judging is always helpful :)

https://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19790
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#22 Post by Myperson54 »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
Jarlath wrote:
Yeah, do it. Mine was fairly last minute even though it was an idea that I had for ages. But free judging is always helpful :)

Holy [censored], Phoenix! Haven't seen you in a long while. Good luck on your entry.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#23 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Myperson54 wrote:
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
Jarlath wrote:

Holy [censored], Phoenix! Haven't seen you in a long while. Good luck on your entry.
Yeah I lurk just enough to have noticed this :P

Good luck on yours too, dude. You're definitely the favourite.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#24 Post by anonfox123 »

Earlier, anonfox123 wrote:I'm formatting my submission, really scraping the deadline here! It's all written though!
https://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19791 Here it is! Scraping in by minutes, but its in!
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#25 Post by Myperson54 »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
Jarlath wrote:

Yeah I lurk just enough to have noticed this :P

Good luck on yours too, dude. You're definitely the favourite.
Am I? Jeez, I hope not, that's an awful lot to let down. :P

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#26 Post by JediGuy »

AND CUT. PRINT. THAT'S A WRAP.

The main page has been updated with all valid entries, and I've already got a screengrab of everything as it currently is. No further edits will be accepted at this time.

Congratulations and thank you to all who participated - I'll admit, I was a tad worried when I saw so relatively few entries last night, but thanks to all the late entries for spicing things up.

Good luck everyone - the judges will be getting their grading sheets within the next day or so, and we still aim to have everything done by the aforementioned date. If you have any questions, feel free to raise them here.

~Jedi
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.

TheNewGirl
Templar GrandMaster

#27 Post by TheNewGirl »

You lucky fools, you. I had planned to submit at the last minute, but three jobs plus holiday preparation, NaNo, and poor reading comprehension on my part robbed me of my chance to swoop in. Good luck to all participants! Next year I might crawl out of my hidey-hole soon enough to actually make the deadline.
"Challenge me, dare me, even defy me. But never underestimate me, for on the back of my horse anything is possible."

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#28 Post by Myperson54 »

Lucky is right! This year has some particularly strong writing, but I was terrified you'd enter. :P Looks like we've got good competition this year as it is.

TheNewGirl
Templar GrandMaster

#29 Post by TheNewGirl »

Myperson54 wrote:Lucky is right! This year has some particularly strong writing, but I was terrified you'd enter. :P
all i want in life is for my name to inspire a moment of fear. I suppose now I can die happy :) lol all kidding aside, I'm excited to see how this year shakes out. I may still post the story I would have entered, but I'm not sure if I should.
"Challenge me, dare me, even defy me. But never underestimate me, for on the back of my horse anything is possible."

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#30 Post by Lief »

TheNewGirl wrote:I may still post the story I would have entered, but I'm not sure if I should.
You definitely should!