The Dragon Incursion (a TYPE-MOON inspired story)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

RyanTheScribe
Traveler

The Dragon Incursion (a TYPE-MOON inspired story)

#1 Post by RyanTheScribe »

This is a story that has been inspired by events and concepts from the works of TYPE-MOON. Also, the characters are designed to be anthropomorphic, like TwoKinds. But unlike TwoKinds where the story was set in a medieval fantasy setting, the story is set in an urban and modern fantasy universe, like anything made by TYPE-MOON. Also, magic is replaced with the concept of "Soul Pulses". You could call it magic, because it is very mysterious in it's use and it's kind of unexplainable, but the concept will be explained later on in the story on how it works.
I already started this story on the website, Wattpad. You can check the story out on the website in this link:[url][https://www.wattpad.com/story/68433876- ... ursion/url], but you might need a twitter or facebook account to login just to read the dang story. :x
Anyways, I will be posting the chapters on this forum as well. Enjoy!

Chapter 0: The Nightmare
I open my eyes to see the dark image that i thought would never see. As I slowly lifted my weak eyelids, I see the glow of fire surrounding me and the heat radiating through my body. If this were normal, I would appreciate the warmth it gave. But this fire wasn't normal, it was a threat to my life. The bedroom I was in was mine and my twin brother's.

Mom? Jake? Where is my family?

I laid on the floor on my belly. I slowly got up off the floor to look for my family. As I got up, I noticed the throbbing pain of my head and my abdomen. My abdomen was slashed and was dripping blood. I tried putting my arm on my belly to at least relieve some of the pain and tried covering up the wound while wiping the blood. I started walking towards the hallway that led to the stairs. As I walked downstairs, I saw the dead bodies of my relatives, even my parents. As I saw the carnage, I felt the urge to put my hand over my mouth to hopefully hold the sickness that this image has given me. I felt the sadness flowing through my face and started to cry. But there was still hope, yet it was still worrisome. I couldn't find my brother in this carnage.

Crack!

I heard the house staring to lose it's structure. The roof started to fall through. Parts of the ceiling fell as fire came with it. I dodged the oncoming debris as I ran towards the exit. As I was running, I still felt the pain of my abdomen and the throb of my head. I opened the door and felt the fresh, cold, night air rush through my body in contrast to the threatening heat inside my home. I kept running towards the gate. I open the side gate where only people on foot would walk to when they enter. I twisted the knob and ran for any signs of help.

Crack! Crack! Crack! Smash!

I look behind to see my home, a house that is the size of a mansion, crumble down.

I was looking for help despite the location on where my home was. My home was located on the side of a large hill. The only way up is through a dirt road that connected towards a road that was barely inhabited to keep our domestic secrets locked away from public display.

I started to lose breath after awhile of running. Once I got down to the bottom of the hill, I felt the weakness spreading all over my body, and my consciousness was fading. I wanted to keep going, but the more I go, the more I wanted to sleep. I tried to keep my eyes open, yet my eyelids were fighting me. Then, my body finally gave up and dropped to it's knees. I fell face flat on the ground.

No! I can't give up now!

I tried lifting my body up with my arms, but my arms gave up once they were straight. My eyes were slowly closing up and my consciousness was fading. This time, for good. My eyes teared up as it was happening to my body.

To be continued.
"To defeat evil, I must become a greater evil."
-Lelouch vi Britannia

RyanTheScribe
Traveler

The Dragon Incursion Chapter 1: A New Home

#2 Post by RyanTheScribe »

Chapter 1: A New Home
I wake up. I see the transition to that horrible dream I had last night. The dream contain darkness and the images of inferno while waking up had the image of the gates of heaven. Of course, it's the blinding sunlight that comes though the room I was in.

The room was unfamiliar. I have never been here before. The walls were plain green and contained very little in this room. It just has the bed I am laying in and a nightstand right next to it. There is an empty dresser and a desk with nothing in it. This room looks like it's only used for visitors. My room was usually colored dark blue with a lot of stuff in it, of course, but also an extra bed for my twin brother.

Speaking of, where is my family?

I turn for my feet to reach the floor. I stand up, yet when I stood up, I felt weird, like I gained more pounds. Have I been sleeping here for a long time? I tiptoe my way to the open doorway. I look to my left and right to see if anybody was occupying the same floor. The hallway I see seems to be a second story. It is a second floor, because the staircase is on my left. I walk towards the hallway in front of me.

Creak!

Oh, great. A wooden floor that creaks every step or in certain spots. I slowly and quietly make my way to the end of the hallway.

"Huh! Hey!" a figure pops in front of me.

"Ahhh!" I scream right in front of it.

I make my way to the room I left in a flash of a second. Of course, I had a fast reaction time because I was a half-cat. So, it's in my natural ability.

I hide under the covers of the bed, expecting for it to go away like an idiot.

"Wait!" the figure says as it jogs it's way to the room.

I hear her come inside the room. I peak out of my covers. Once I did that, I revealed my pointy cat ears and human face.

"W-who are y-you?" I didn't stutter in fear, I stuttered because I don't talk that much.

"First of all, are you okay?" she asks.
She was definitely a female. The girl who was talking to me took the form of a bunny hybrid, a bunny-looking being. She also wore modern square glasses. Sorry, I don't know the names of the glasses types.

"Um.....yeah." I said with a raspy voice.

"Okay, good. I thought you would wake up freaking out. I mean, I did freak you out. Sorry about that."

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Claire Mureal, member of the Mureal family and member of the Purification Agency."

"The....what?"

"The church, basically." she briefly explains.

She pauses with an awkward silence. Her face frowns now. She was glad that I was okay after she freaked me out, but something seems to trouble her.

"Um, Ryan.....is your name Ryan?" she asks in confusion.

"How do you know my name?"

"Well, I rescued you."

"Huh?"

"Your.....your house is burned and destroyed, and....I...we found your family, or...what's left of them."

This news stopped my heart. After hearing this, I felt a void of emptiness inside of me, like I felt lonely. My ears start to droop downward. My tail felt like it wasn't going to move again. My forehead tensed and my eyebrows arched upwards.

"I'm sorry," she says sadly.

"What do you mean?!" my voice began to raise.

"We only found your mother's. We didn't find your brother's or father's."

"My father's gone!" I yelled at her.

Then, I realized what I just did. I tried not to be mad, but after hearing that my father had disappeared and never returned, it saddens me more. I change my expression from angry to sad. I hang my head downwards. My breathing started to change.

"You didn't find my brother? He's got to be......But, my mother..."

She walks up to me. She puts both of her hands on my head and lifts it.

"Don't worry. I know what you're going through," She hugs me and puts my head on her shoulder.

I start to cry after holding the pain in.

2 hours later...

I take a nap after that painful realization. I went with her downstairs to the living room. I lay down on a couch and rested my back there.

"Do you need anything like food or a shower or..." she asks with courtesy.

"No. I don't feel like anything," I was still in pain, yet I tried to endure it. I carried the blanket from all the way from the room I was in.

"I'm going to make tea." I hear her across the living room and the kitchen.

A few minutes later, she comes back with two coffee cups with tea in it. She sits down in another couch with the cup of tea in her hands. The other cup was in front of me on the coffee table. I look at a wall with a family in it. A wife, husband, two fraternal twins, and a girl who looked like Claire. It is Claire.

I guess her family went somewhere. I said to myself.

"Uhh...Claire?"

"Yeah?"

"T-Thank you, for doing this for me."

"Oh. You're welcome. The Purification Agency is always there to help. Oh! I almost forgot!"

She reached out of her back pocket. There, came a book with a red crucifix The red crucifix represented the Hawthorne family symbol, my family symbol. The book was very small, yet contained a lot of the chants learned within the soul pulse that came with the Hawthornes.

My reaction was very quiet and unexciting.

"Well, are those yours?"

"Y-Yeah."

"Hmm, you seemed like you were unexcited to see them."

I didn't respond to her,because that was very true.

"Do you think that's why a person was eager enough to kill you and your family?"

"Maybe."

"Don't worry. I won't rush your feelings to feel better." she says as she walks to a piano.

I was laying on a couch hugging on a blanket. I wanted something to be there instead of my blanket. My eyes still teared up.

The song she played on the piano was beautiful, but not very exciting. It was a song in a minor key and on a 70 BPM tempo.

She also sang. She sang with feeling as if she was deeply sorry for something.

------------------

Oh no, I see,

A spider web that's tangled up with me,

And I lost my head,

The thought of all the stupid things I've said.....

-------------------

As she continued playing, I fell off the couch.

"Oof! Nya!" I taunted. The sound of "Nya" comes from the cat side of me.

I look at Claire. I start to see that she's trying to make me feel better with the piano. I grabbed my blanket and crawled my way towards her. When I was right behind her, I started to wrap my arms around her back and belly.

"Oh. Ryan..." she was startled and stopped singing and playing the piano.

She saw my face. I was closing my eyes so that she wouldn't see the tears, but of course, one squeezed out of my eyelid.

"Hey, Ryan, don't worry. Things will get better." she says softly as she lifts me up to the piano chair.

"I-I wish *sniff* that this never happened." I cried. I still hanged on to Claire's belly.

"I know."

There was a calming atmosphere in this quiet house. This house didn't feel like home, yet I had this familiar feeling. Or maybe that's because somebody actually cares about me and that I'm happy about that.

"Claire, the song...." I wanted to know how to play the song.

"The song is called "Trouble". The song is about regret of saying something horrible to your loved ones or friends."

"Can I..." all my sentences were unfinished because I choke up on my own words.

"Yeah. It's easy."

She shows me the first four notes and continues on with the composition with the song. I kept making mistakes, but every time I did she'd say: "Don't worry. You can try again. Keep practicing."

"Thank you very much," I said with a smile.

"You're welcome." she responds. She felt as if I made her happy.

Later on that day, she cooks dinner for me and her. She cooks meat and potatoes. I did what I could to take care of myself, like brush my teeth or take a shower. Some point, I really wanter to thank her for everything she's done for me. Although I was fifteen, I was like her, thinking about others first like a mature adult would, even when I was in pain. I went to bed early around the time of nine o'clock in the evening.

"You're going to bed this early?" she says."Mmhmm."

"That's a very good habit of yours. Well, good night."

"Good night. I love you, Claire!"

She giggles and responds with, "Okay."

She turns off the light and closes the door for me.

The spring night was quiet and I could hear the cricket chirps in the outside world.

I just hope everything goes out well with me.

Though, little did I know, that was not going to happen to me this night.
To be continued....

Concept: Soul Pulse
Soul Pulses are the magic in this world. Soul Pulses are split into two categories: Natural SP and Extensive SP.

Natural SP is the type of Soul Pulse that one being can naturally master. It's the SP that one can easily learn, and usually is the first SP learned. Families can be generalized by the type of SP that they can master and learn with very little effort. For example, the Hikari family is a family of fire pulse users. Luke Hikari can learn Fire SP easily. Natural SP can be extended if practiced in a certain type of Soul Pulse.

Extensive SP is the type of Soul Pulse that can be learned, but takes time to. Extensive SP can come in forms of weapons, jewels, charms, and so on. For example, Cinna Lawrence has the magic boosting jewel that can make his wind SP stronger, and Ryan Hawthorne has the ventus necklace to help him do wind abilities. Core Jewels have the ability to imitate Natural SP. Core jewels can extend like Natural SP can. Core Jewels have to be fused inside of the soul of one's body. For example, Ryan has a Fire Core Jewel so that he can have the ability to do fire SP like a Hikari. The flaw of extensive SP is the time for one to master the abilities that the object has in store.

"Soul Pulses' purpose is to harm people. On the contrary, it's also used to protect people."

-Jason Hawthorne
"To defeat evil, I must become a greater evil."
-Lelouch vi Britannia