The Endless Depths(Horror/Blood/Language/Violence)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: The Endless Depths(Horror/Blood/Language/Violence)

#16 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 15

Balthoron sighed slightly, "Is the bioweapon dead?" Jessie looked at a wall, "I don't know, I'm not reading any movement around Sector Six." Balthoron looked at the console in front of him, "We need to confirm that it's dead, do we have any way of sending some sort of probe down there?" Jessie shook her head, "No, we don't, we have to rely on the motion sensors." Balthoron closed his eyes and sat down against the wall, "This operation is a Code Black, everyone that we were providing intel to is now dead." Balthoron placed his shotgun on the table he was sitting next to, "[censored], everything went south in a hurry... this entire operation has just been one massive bust from the get go. Six hundred billion credits isn't worth this..." Jessie turned to him, "Balthoron..." Balthoron sighed and looked up at the ceiling, "What is it, Jessie?"

Jessie's hologram walked over to him and placed her hand on his shoulder, "It's alright, they knew what they were getting into and they died doing their job. There was no way that you or any of us could've prevented this." Balthoron sighed, "I could've vaporized the station from the outside." Jessie looked at the console, "But then you would've killed the last remaining Menschilche in existence." Balthoron shrugged, "They've been causing my family no end of grief since my Grandfather. You might know that he was a genetically enhanced Super Soldier, but you didn't know that he was an Enforcer for the Menschilche, did you?" Jessie shook her head, "Much information about Project Kawal is classified and an AI like myself doesn't have the clearance necessary to access all of his files. But it's curious that you have the clearance." Balthoron folded his arms, "It's not a matter of clearance, he's my grandfather."

Jessie nodded slightly, "I got bad news and you're not going to like it." Balthoron stood up, "What is it?" Jessie sighed, "I don't know how, but it isn't dead... somehow, it managed to remain alive." Balthoron looked at the monitor that showed sluggish movement in Sector Four, "That's not medically possible! That area was depressurized for four minutes and this thing is still not only conscious, but active!?" Balthoron sighed as desperation started to sink in, however the training that Erasmus gave him also kicked in, keeping him from completely falling into despair, "Jessie, I'm going to have you record something, there's a possibility that I won't survive the upcoming battle." Jessie looked at him, "You're not going out there, are you?" Balthoron shook his head, "I have the advantage here, I'm not willing to give that up so easily. No, we'll let the creature in."

Jessie nodded, "Alright, I'm ready to record." Balthoron took off his helmet and stood in front of a camera, "Hello, whoever finds this, I hope you have not already made the same mistake that I made when we first came here. If your transports are still in the hangar, that's good, if not... well, you're [censored], like we were. You were probably like me, thinking that you could get a good bit of money off of a mission like this, everything seems easy, you knew about the size of the unit, so you just brought more troops, right?" Balthoron placed the helmet on the table next to him, "That's what we thought, I brought an entire battalion of troops, split them into four companies, which split into squads that later reformed into sections. Weapons fire, at least energy weapons have no effect on the creature... don't even bother to try."

Balthoron sighed, "The entirety of Sector Two was wiped out first... we tried grenades and all the weapons fire we could afford to throw at it, nothing. Second Company fell by the first hour. My best friend died trying to cook the damn creature in Sector Three, it was there that we learned that it was an anti-dragon bioweapon, heat isn't going to bring this down, so we decided to try to use a cryostorage chamber to freeze it, but one of our soldiers panicked and got himself killed by hypothermia while the rest of Third Company was wiped out. The first injury caused to this creature was after we found out that it could survive underwater. A soldier stabbed the creature in two of its eyes, then, before Fourth Company was wiped out, my cousin was able to cause significant harm to the bioweapon, although it wasn't enough to kill it."

Balthoron closed his eyes, "First Company was defeated swiftly, and though Adalwulf gave a good effort, he ultimately had to retreat to Sector Six, where he opened an airlock and vented the atmosphere. He jumped out so that the creature couldn't feast on his body, but after five minutes, the atmosphere turned back on and the creature was still very much alive. As of right now, this recording, we have tried everything we can think of. If you are stuck on this station, try slashing weapons, and aim for the head of the creature, destroy the brain. If your transports haven't left, leave the station, return to your capital ships and atomize the station, destroy everything. Make it impossible for the creature to escape and survive. It is heading this way as I speak, although the movements are sluggish, it will eventually reach this operations room. I implore the next people to come here, do not repeat our mistakes..."

Balthoron nodded slightly to Jessie who nodded, "Recording saved, so what are you going to do?" Balthoron sighed slightly, "I don't know, honestly, there are two things that we haven't tried. I could try shocking it, until its heart stops or its brain ceases to function, but then I'd be out of mana for the rest of the day. Or I could risk it and try using the shotgun against it..." Jessie nodded slightly, "Its your choice Balthoron, and only yours alone. Tell me, do you believe in multiverse theory?" Balthoron nodded, "That there are multiple timelines and they all follow a common path until a certain point at which it splits into two or more different timelines, which depends on the universe we're in? Yeah, I do, why?" Jessie shook her head, "Nothing, just for some reason, I think we might be at another point where the timeline splits..."

Note: Something new in my books, because of the fact that there are multiple timelines in my setting, you get to pick your ending path or universe as you will. For a Bittersweet Ending, the next chapter is 16B, for a Downer Ending, the next chapter is 16D.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#17 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 16B

Balthoron heard the noise outside the blast door, and put his helmet back on, "Well Jessie, this is it. It's here for me, hide yourself and don't reveal yourself until the creature is dead or the next group comes in." Balthoron grabbed the shotgun, "Let's see if I can't shut off your cloaking." He passed a current through the shotgun, electrifying the shell that he had chambered as he readied the weapon. He nodded slightly and no sooner did the door open did he open fire, the kickback shoved the shotgun into his shoulder and the barrel up, but he readjusted as he watched the shards fly into the distortion of light, shocking it and stunning it slightly, the cloaking field finally dropped on the creature allowing Balthoron to see an abomination of a half dragon that was roughly twelve feet long, with long and sharp metal claws. Balthoron smirked as the bioweapon leapt towards him.

Balthoron fired the next shell at the bioweapon, the force from his weapon putting a hole through the chest, however, the momentum of the bioweapon was great enough to knock him to the ground. The shock was great enough on his left shoulder to stop him from holding the weapon, but as the bioweapon raised a claw and went to attack with its mouth open to bite soon after, Balthoron shoved his shotgun into its mouth and pulled the trigger, unleashing the third shell into the creature's mouth. The force was great enough to dislocate his shoulder and tear at his elbow, the bioweapon on the other hand, wasn't so fortunate. Without anywhere else to go, the force from the shotgun blast wound up decapitating the bioweapon, killing it instantly and finally ending Balthoron's nightmare. The momentum of the bioweapon's strike however, allowed it to fly true and his left shoulder was punctured.

Balthoron grunted in pain as he used his arms to remove the bioweapon, despite the incredible pain he was going through. As the claw was removed from his shoulder, he started bleeding from the wound. With a bit of electrical stimulation however, he was able to use the heat from the electricity to cauterize the wound as he grabbed the desk with his left arm and pulled himself back up onto his feet, "Jessie, the bioweapon is deceased, the head is pretty much all over this place and my visor." Jessie's voice spoke up, "Alright, I guess you're going to go to Sector Two now?" Balthoron nodded slightly, "I have to disable the jamming system that has been plaguing us from the beginning of our mission here." Jessie nodded, "Your injuries are more severe than you thought though." Balthoron nodded, "I know."

Balthoron limped to Sector Two, and to the Jamming device that he had lost most of Second Company to try to stop from sending out the jamming signal. He focused his mana into his left hand and threw a bolt of electricity at the thing, he was relieved when he watched it shut down and finally placed his finger on his communicator, despite the pain it caused him, "Killian's Pride, come in. This is Colonel Balthoron Miyamae." A voice spoke over the communicator, "Balthoron, the Killian's Pride assumed the worst and they called us to back you guys up." Balthoron was never as relieved to hear Tsuyoshi's voice as he was now, "Big brother, it's good to hear you." Tsuyoshi chuckled, "Now that's a first, usually you hate my guts. Tell me, is everything alright?" Balthoron sighed, "No, please, come in a transport to the hangar and bring a cryosquad and a cleaning team."

Tsuyoshi nodded, "Alright, I'll be there in about twenty minutes, we were going to wait for another four hours, but, it's good to hear from you." Balthoron limped back to the operations room and back over to the console that Jessie was in, "Let's head out, Tsuyoshi will be waiting for us." Jessie's hologram popped up, "Alright, let's go." Balthoron pulled out the chip that she was on and placed it into his helmet, "Feels good to be back home, doesn't it?" Jessie spoke up over the communicator, "It does, Balthoron. Two transports just landed in the hangar." Balthoron limped towards the hangar as armed soldiers of the Rapier Mercenary group ran towards him. He knew that they were following protocol and as he leaned against the wall, he raised his good hand slightly, as one of the soldiers spoke to him, "Sir, we found Balthoron, he's injured, but seems mostly okay!"

Tsuyoshi walked over in his armor and grabbed Balthoron from the wall, wrapping Balthoron's good arm around his shoulders, "Come on, I'll take you back to the transport." Balthoron nodded, "We need to permanently remove all data of this bioweapon from the system and destroy all evidence that it existed. Also in the cryostorage area, one of the soldiers' corpses is there, frozen to death. As for Adalwulf..." Tsuyoshi nodded, "I got a third transport recovering the body there, he's already floated out of the station itself." Balthoron nodded, "The Menschilche aren't extinct after all." Tsuyoshi looked down at him, "Wait until we get to the transport, little brother." Balthoron nodded slightly as they walked to the transport, he watched as Rapier Soldiers ran past them in order to preform their duties. Soon, they entered one of the transports and Tsuyoshi placed Balthoron in a chair, before taking off his helmet.

Balthoron started to remove his, with some difficulty, but Tsuyoshi grabbed it and removed it for him, "I got it, little brother. Are there any other survivors?" Balthoron shook his head, "Aside from the Menschilche locked in Stasis, no. But ultimately that's for the Humans to decide what they want to do with. As their progeny, it's only fair that Humanity chooses what to do with their creators." Tsuyoshi nodded sadly, "I'm sorry for your loss, Balthoron, I know that it can't be easy knowing that four hundred and eighty men under your command died." Balthoron looked at his hand, which balled into a fist, "It hurts so much, but I'm too relieved at being alive in order to cry right now." Tsuyoshi hugged Balthoron who hugged back with his left arm, "Little brother, we're going to get you back home, alright?" Balthoron nodded slightly, "Thanks, Tsuyoshi."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#18 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 16D

Balthoron heard the noise outside the blast door, and put his helmet back on, "Well Jessie, this is it. It's here for me, hide yourself and don't reveal yourself until the creature is dead or the next group comes in." Balthoron charged up his mana flow as he placed his shotgun down on a table. He nodded slightly towards the door and as it opened, he saw the distortion of light that was a cloaked creature. No sooner did he see this did he fire off an electrical bolt at the creature, hitting it square in the chest and stunning it severely. As the cloaking field dropped, he saw he abomination of a bioweapon. A half-dragon that was roughly twelve feet long, with long and sharp metal claws. Balthoron smirked slightly as the bioweapon started moving again and focused on trying to trap the creature in the door itself.

Unfortunately, it moved too fast for him to be able to concentrate on that and instead, he decided to channel all of his remaining Mana into the bioweapon itself, hitting it with everything he had. A massive bolt of lightning shot from his body into the creature, causing it to spasm violently. Balthoron watched as it dropped to the ground and went to go grab his shotgun to try to finish the creature off, when a sharp pain burst through his lower back and out of his abdomen, he looked down to see the creature's claw protruding from him, covered in his own blood. Balthoron continued to reach for the shotgun, pulling himself off the sluggish bioweapon, unfortunately for him, no sooner did he lay is hand on the shotgun did an incredible pain shoot through his upper back and out his chest, breathing was now impossible. Fortunately for him, the pain would be brief as he felt the creature's jaws on his head... and then only oblivion.

Four hours later, another Kilf landed on the station with three transports, the Kilf turned back and looked out of his fully tinted visor with cybernetic eyes, "Stay in the hangar and keep the engines running. We're going to make contact with Balthoron's group and bug out." The pilot nodded, "Alright, Colonel Miyamae." Tsuyoshi led the group out of the transports and noted that it was an absolute mess, "Something isn't right here, everyone be on your guard and be prepared to retreat to the transports at any time." Tsuyoshi moved forward into the hallway and led his group into the operations room, which was just coated in blood, Tsuyoshi however saw something that made his heart sink into his stomach, a pair of dogtags laying on the ground. He walked over to the dog tags and picked them up with a sigh and closed eyes, hoping they weren't what he thought.

Tsuyoshi opened his eyes and looked at the Dogtags, on them said, "Col. Balthoron Miyamae. DOB: 11/19/460 Service Number: 97157." An AI Hologram flickered to life above a console and Tsuyoshi looked at her, "What... what is your designation..." The AI looked at her, "I am a converted Medical AI called Jessie, Balthoron had me repurposed for logistics. However, my original functions remain intact. You are here to find your brother and help him, are you not?" Tsuyoshi nodded, "I was, but..." Jessie nodded, "All four hundred and eighty soldiers on the station, as well as the commanding officer, Balthoron Miyamae have been killed in action. The entire operation has been officially listed as a Code Black in the logs. I've compiled them in that chip over there. But first, I want you to see something."

Tsuyoshi watched as a hologram of Balthoron appeared, and he listened to his brother's message, with a heavy heart. Though there were times he tried to kill his brother, he never knew how much he loved his brother until they lost contact with him. Tsuyoshi tried not to cry, but tears came out of his eyes and rolled down his face as he watched what turned out to be Balthoron's apocalyptic log. When the log finished, he turned towards his men, "We're heading back out, we're going to vaporize the station from the capital ships." Tsuyoshi looked towards Jessie, "Would you like to leave with us?" Jessie looked away, "I'm part of this unit. I would like to be put to rest with the rest of them, if that's alright with you, Tsuyoshi." Tsuyoshi nodded slightly, "Of course, it's your decision, Jessie, but you know that you won't be reincarnated, right?" Jessie nodded slightly, "I am aware, Tsuyoshi."

Tsuyoshi nodded and walked back out to the hangar, leaving the AI behind. As he walked onto the ramp of his transport, he looked back and allowed his men to walk past him, "Balthoron... out of the two of us, you were the most like your father, why is it that you died to something like this, and yet... I survive. If we had broken protocol and moved in sooner, perhaps you'd still be alive, little brother..." Tsuyoshi turned back to the transport and sighed slightly as the pilot spoke up, "Let's go, sir." Tsuyoshi nodded and walked up the ramp, and sat down in his seat as the door closed. He felt the transport lift off from the station and watched as they flew towards the ship they had come in, the Wrath of Walthari.

Tsuyoshi waited until they were out of range of the jamming signal to speak up, "Attention ships, take aim and fire at the station. There is an illegal bioweapon on it that needs to be destroyed, if you're worried about any survivors... everyone in Balthoron's unit is KIA. Including Balthoron himself." Tsuyoshi turned to look outside the window as beams of light struck the station from multiple directions. The station heated up rapidly from the energy weapons and eventually started to fade away, then there was a direct hit on the fusion reactor, which immediately caused the station to break apart, "Any lifesigns from the station?" The pilot looked at him, "No, all organic material on the station was immediately vaporized when the reactor went." Tsuyoshi nodded, "Vaporize the remains, for good measure." Tsuyoshi looked down at the dogtags that were in his hand and clutched them tightly, the hole in his heart from Hiromi's death was now torn open, even wider at the death of Balthoron.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#19 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 17B

Six months had passed and Balthoron stood in front of a monument that he had personally funded and engraved every plaque on it with the name, date of birth, date of death and rank of the soldiers that had died under his command. He felt a bit uncomfortable in his blue General's uniform, he looked at his hands, which had white gloves on them and sighed slightly as he closed his hands and then looked out into the crowd, "Are we all gathered here?" Balthoron looked across the crowd, and then spoke into the microphone, "Six months ago, I personally accepted a contract from the human military, I brought four hundred and eighty soldiers with me onto the station and as the commanding officer in charge of that mission, it was my duty to bring them back alive, so that they could see their families again. Ultimately, I failed all of you."

Balthoron closed his eyes, "There are no words that I can speak on this day that will ease the suffering or the pain in our hearts. To me, each and every one of these soldiers were not my men, but my friends. We would spend much of our time off on base, goofing off and bonding with each other. On the battlefield, we were close knit. I have given each and every one of you a picture of your loved one, that was taken while on base." Balthoron opened his eyes and motioned with his hand to the crowd, "I ask each and every one of you, will you please finish the monument by placing their picture next to the plaque with their name, when the medal awarding ceremony is done?" The crowd spoke up, "Yes, sir." Balthoron felt a bit of warmness in his heart, but it did little to ease the pain.

Balthoron stood up straight and placed his hands behind his back, "For their incredible bravery in the face of danger and willingness to fight to the bitter end, despite a seemingly impossible task, I award every soldier except Yoshio Sakamoto with the Alliance Medal of Valor. As for why Yoshio isn't given this award, when the time came for him to face the bioweapon, he chose to flee, instead of going with the plan. Perhaps if it wasn't for him, many of these people would still be alive today. For their incredible heroism and courage to lead soldiers into each of the combat zones, despite impossible odds. All of the Squadron Leaders are hereby awarded the Silver Eagle Medal. As for Sigmundr Bondeson, Marcus Anderson, Yoshiro Misawa, and Adalwulf Muller, their thinking to use different tactics instead of the same old tactics and attempts to stop the bioweapon at all costs, even going as far to try to kill it solo... they are to be awarded with the highest honor, the Alliance Medal of Honor."

Balthoron motioned towards someone, who started placing the medals on the plaques, "When they are done, you may come up here and place your pictures on the memorial." Balthoron sighed and turned away to see a pair of people standing near his podium, "Silvio, Aiko, what are you doing here?" Silvio looked at Balthoron, "My father's dead, isn't he?" Balthoron nodded, "He was in Sector Four, he was killed by the bioweapon, yes." Silvio nodded, "I understand." Balthoron sighed and placed his hand on Silvio's shoulder, "I know how much you dislike your father, but regardless of what you want to say about him, the man was an excellent soldier." Silvio nodded, "He abandoned my mother and I when I was young... I never thought the man to be selfless." Aiko hugged Silvio tighter, "I hope you don't mind, but we're dating."

Balthoron shrugged, "I'm just a Brigadier General, and though older than you, you're my grandaunt, Aiko. Even if you are my father reborn." Aiko nodded, "I know, but... Yoshiro wouldn't like the look in your eyes, Balthoron. You have survivor's guilt, the same look that he always had in his eyes." Balthoron nodded, he knew she was right, "I feel guilty." He felt someone tap on his shoulder, "Sir, we're done." Balthoron nodded and leaned into his microphone, "You all can come up and put the final touch on the monument. I'm going to head off and let my Uncle Lathron take over, he's better about this." Balthoron walked away from the podium and took off his hat, running a hand through his blue hair, before putting it back on.

Silvio looked at him, "Where are you going to go, Balthoron?" Balthoron spoke in a tongue that Silvio wasn't quite familiar with, "Non ho ancora capito." Aiko spoke up, "What did you say?" Balthoron turned around, "Walk with me, for a moment, will ya." The two lovers walked over to Balthoron and flanked him on each side as he continued to walk down the path, "I was awarded medals for the mission, but I rejected them. They tried to give me a Purple Heart and an Alliance Medal of Honor, but I don't feel like I earned either of them." Silvio nodded, "You're depressed, the fact that you survived when everyone else died in that horrific place is haunting you." Balthoron shook his head, "It's not haunting me, it's eating away at me. It was my job to bring them back alive and... I failed."

Akio frowned, "Hey, don't beat yourself up like that. As the reincarnation of your father, I will not have my son talk like that." Balthoron looked at her with an arched brow and Aiko chuckled slightly, "I thought that would at least get you to smile." Balthoron shook his head, "You had me going there for a moment, I thought that you had decided to become my father for a moment." Balthoron turned back to look forward, "I'm glad that you decided to stay away from combat and the battlefield, the solace I can take from all this is that at least my father's soul is not only at ease, but is at peace." Aiko nodded slightly, and then placed her hand on Balthoron's shoulder, "Look, if you ever need someone to talk to, you know where to find me, alright?" Balthoron shook his head, "No offense, Aiko, but you should focus on your life. I'm just an old soldier, this is what I deal with on every mission..."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#20 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 17D

A month had passed and Tsuyoshi was in a bar, the day of Balthoron's funeral had arrived and Tsuyoshi couldn't bring himself to attend. He looked at the bartender, "Hey, another shot." The bartender looked at him, "Sure thing, but I've always wondered, if you're blind, how are you..." Tsuyoshi ripped off the bandana that he used to cover his cybernetic eyes, "I'm not blind. I had my eyes replaced and the doctor that did it killed in order to hide the secret." Tsuyoshi looked up at the bartender with his cybernetic eyes, "Like I said, another shot." The bartender poured another shot of straight vodka into the shot glass and Tsuyoshi grabbed it and quickly drank it, "Lost my sister... now my brother... soon my job." The bartender looked at him, "Shouldn't you be at your brother's funeral?" Tsuyoshi sighed, "I can't head down to my brother's funeral... I'm the one that got him killed..."

The bartender sighed slightly, "Haven't you been trying to do this since Hiromi died?" Tsuyoshi motioned towards the shot glass and the bartender shook his head, "You've had four shots already, I'm cutting you off." Tsuyoshi nodded, he knew to trust the bartender on this situation, even though he just wanted to keep drinking and drown his sorrows, "I stopped trying to kill Balthoron about a hundred and fifty years ago, the man's my brother and I loved him and... following protocol is what got him killed, I'm responsible for the death of my brother and now no one will forgive me for it..." Tsuyoshi stood up and placed money on the counter, "Here, take it and keep the change." He stumbled out of the bar as the alcohol started to get to him, but he didn't care as he continued down the street.

Tsuyoshi went to the park where his father was buried and looked up at his father's statue, "You're ashamed of what I've become... you and Mom both. I'm responsible for the deaths of two of your children, Father. First was Hiromi when I placed some troops in her city in order to defend her, the Kilvish capitol was bombarded from space and Hiromi was killed during the bombardment while trying to get to the shelter, in a way, I'm responsible for the death of Balthoron's wife and unborn child... and now, because I didn't listen to my gut, because I followed protocol, Balthoron's dead. I don't know what to do, or where to go anymore, but all I know is that I don't belong here." Tsuyoshi turned around, "Farewell, Father, I'm going to self-exile now, much like you did when you killed Uncle Hiroshi..." Tsuyoshi started walking out of the park, but a sound made him stop.

Tsuyoshi turned around to see a familiar face standing there, his ex-wife, "So you've returned to..." The Kilf looked at him, "I was here to attend your brother's funeral, Tsuyoshi. Where were you?" Tsuyoshi turned around, "Getting drunk. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to leave before our kids see me like I am right now." Tsuyoshi started to leave, but he heard his daughter speak up, "So that's it, you're going to blame yourself for the rest of your life for what happened to Uncle Balthoron?" Tsuyoshi turned around and yelled, "You have no idea what's going on! I was there! I could've boarded that station as soon as we got there and found out all about what was going on and lent some assistance to them! But I chose to follow protocol and stay back! Now my brother is dead and it's all my fault!"

Tsuyoshi's daughter got angry, "Mom was right, my father did die when Aunt Hiromi was killed." Tsuyoshi sighed, he didn't care as he turned around and walked away from them. As he silently walked through the streets of the Kitsune Capitol of Honoo, he looked towards the sky and noticed that the sun was setting over the horizon, "Fitting for someone like myself." He continued walking, and watched as a cloud moved overhead, moving away by the time he got to the city's gate. The guard at the gate looked at him, "Heading out, Tsuyoshi?" He nodded, "I'm not returning. I'm going to find somewhere else to live." The guard nodded, "That's up to you, but you know that your family is going to miss you." Tsuyoshi shrugged slightly, "That's the price that I have to pay for my actions. I honestly don't mind..."

The guard nodded, "Well, good luck with whatever you're doing, Tsuyoshi." Tsuyoshi left the city, but another voice stopped him, "So that's it, you're going to run away because something happened to your brother?" Tsuyoshi recognized the voice and turned his head to see Klaartje standing there, "You've always been a pain in my [censored]. Even if you were my Father's bodyguard." Klaartje frowned and folded her arms, "I don't know when I ever asked for your approval, child. You're blaming yourself for something that isn't your fault, do you not believe that Balthoron knew that he could possibly die on this operation. Did you not think for a second that Balthoron accepted the possibility of being killed when he chose to join the military. Neither of you are your Father, but I knew your Father more intimately than both of you combined." Tsuyoshi sighed, "How can you say that when he was my Father!?"

Klaartje looked at Tsuyoshi, anger obvious in her eyes, "Your father wouldn't be proud of either of you joining the military, he never wanted that life for his children. He was saddened by the fact that you became a Foreign Service Officer, but he never showed it openly to you." Tsuyoshi turned around, "Well I'm not part of the military anymore, I was given a two weeks notice, I'm being dishonorably discharged, so Father can rest easy." Klaartje called out, "So that's it, huh? You're just going to ignore me and go about wallowing in your own self-pity? Your father would be ashamed of what you're doing now." Tsuyoshi started walking away, "You said it yourself, Klaartje, I'm not my Father and I'll never be my Father. So if you don't mind, I'm going to go about my life and continue to accept the blame for what is my fault."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#21 Post by Akira110 »

Epilogue B

A year had passed since the incident in the space station and Balthoron rode on the back of Julius, wearing noble's attire, "Thanks for this, Uncle Julius." Julius nodded, "It's good seeing that you're going to make peace with your brother, finally." Balthoron nodded as they landed on the grounds of the Rapier base, Balthoron slid off Julius and looked to one of the soldiers, "Excuse me, sir." The soldier looked at him, "General Miyamae, what do you need?" Balthoron shook his head, "No need to formalities with me, Soldier, I'm not a General anymore." The soldier nodded, "Sorry about that, General. I mean Balthoron. You're here to see your brother?" Balthoron nodded slightly, "Yes, I have to talk to him about something, very important." The soldier nodded, "General Miyamae is in the medical wing right now. He's recovering from an important operation at the moment." Balthoron nodded, "Thanks, I'll go see him now."

Balthoron walked into the base and followed the signs as he adjusted his shirt, though he was nobility, he saluted every one of the soldiers that saluted him on his way to the Medical wing of the base. Once he reached the wing, he entered the infirmary and looked at the nurse, "I'm looking for Tsuyoshi Miyamae." The nurse looked at him, "What's your name and why are you on the base?" Balthoron nodded, surprised that someone didn't know him, "Balthoron Miyamae, noble of the Kitsune People, I'm here to see my older brother." The nurse nodded, "Alright then, General Miyamae is down the hall, in the third recovery room." Balthoron nodded slightly and walked down the hall and knocked on the door in question, before he heard his brother's voice speak up, "Come in." Balthoron walked in and placed his coat on the back of the door, before closing it, "Hope you don't mind if I remove my coat."

Tsuyoshi turned towards him, bandages were over his eyes, "I cannot see you, little brother, but I welcome you to be casual in here." Balthoron laughed nervously about that and scratched the back of his head with a gloved hand, "About that, I'm not dressed casually." Tsuyoshi nodded, "Came here in uniform." Balthoron rolled his eyes to the side, "Not exactly, look, I'm here for a very specific reason, big brother." Tsuyoshi nodded, "What is it, but first, will you remove these bandages from my head, I wish to see you with my own eyes for the first time since the Galactic War's start." Balthoron nodded and grabbed one of the bandages and grabbed a scalpel off a table, cutting the bandage and wrapping the bandages off Tsuyoshi's head, Balthoron wondered what was going on underneath.

Tsuyoshi spoke up, "I see some light, but... it's very dim." Balthoron sighed, "Well, it's about to get incredibly bright, I hope you know this." Tsuyoshi nodded and Balthoron grabbed Tsuyoshi's head, "Don't move." Tsuyoshi chuckled, "Sorry about that." Balthoron sighed, "You got to remember that I'm a doctor." Tsuyoshi sighed, "I thought you were a General?" Balthoron was a bit silent as he removed the last of the bandages from Tsuyoshi's eyes, Tsuyoshi closed his eyes and Balthoron knew why, "Open them slowly, your eyes will adjust to the light." Tsuyoshi did as Balthoron said and Balthoron looked into his brother's eyes, "I thought your natural eye color was green." Tsuyoshi chuckled, "You're not going to remark on me getting a pair of cloned eyes?" Balthoron shook his head and placed the bandages on the table, "It's possible to get one, just far more difficult." Tsuyoshi chuckled, "Fine, they used lasers to change the color of my irises."

Balthoron nodded, "Usually they do that while your eyes are in your head." Tsuyoshi nodded, "So what are you here for, brother? It can't be military business, you're dressed in the attire of a Kitsune Noble." Balthoron sighed, "I'm retiring, Tsuyoshi, I've tried therapy, I tried medication. But nothing works, I can't accept the fact that I'm leading a mercenary unit when I think that I'm going to lead them to their deaths." Tsuyoshi nodded, "You have survivor's guilt. It's common for what you went through, little brother, but I understand what you choose." Balthoron nodded, "I'm going to take up my medical practice and open a clinic within the Kitsune Kingdom. I'm handing command of the Raptors to you, it would be a great time to finally merge our two mercenary groups and stop fighting. Our father would be ashamed of us."

Tsuyoshi hugged Balthoron and smiled, "Going to have to reject your offer of the Raptors, brother. I'm retiring as well, after learning the truth about what happened when I was in a coma, and almost losing you has taught me that you're not my enemy, you're my little brother. And though I have yet to forgive the Thraxi for killing my son and taking my original eyes, I've learned to live with the fact. My ex-wife and I are finally talking again, and I learned that my daughter had survived the Galactic War. Things are finally looking up for us again, little brother." Balthoron nodded, "Big brother, what are you going to do, for most of your life, you were a Foreign Service Officer, but you became a military commander out of necessity, you don't really have many skills beyond all of this, you know?" Tsuyoshi sighed, "You're right, but I'm sure our great-grandmother would accept me."

Balthoron nodded slightly, and broke the hug, going to his coat and pulling something out of his pocket, "Here, I got this for you, it was supposed to be a peace offering, but now it's just a gift." Balthoron handed it to Tsuyoshi, who looked at it, "An old picture of the family, all of us together..." Tsuyoshi cried slightly, "You think that now that we've finally made peace with each other Misaki and Harumi will finally return to us and we can all be a family again?" Balthoron nodded, "I"m sure of it, Tsuyoshi. We just need to show them that we're no longer hostile towards each other and no longer willing to tear apart the family." Tsuyoshi nodded slightly, "Shame it took me almost losing you..." Balthoron continued and looked out the window as pain shot through his heart, "And for me to lose hundreds of my friends to a Menschilche bioweapon for us to finally reconcile..." Tsuyoshi sighed slightly, "Their deaths weren't in vain, Balthoron. You avenged them..." Balthoron nodded with a slight smile, "Thanks, big brother."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#22 Post by Akira110 »

Epilogue D

Tsuyoshi looked at a picture of Balthoron, a scant three months had passed since his brother's death and only a month after he found that he wound up wiping the Menschilche out of existence with his decision. His unkempt hair moved in front of his face as he leaned forward, with a sigh, a bottle of vodka on the table in front of him, Tsuyoshi grabbed at the bottle and took a sip of it, there was a pistol in front of him and he sighed slightly as he grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. He didn't know what to write at first, but for the first time since his brother died, he took the blindfold off of his eyes and looked at the world through his cybernetics. With a heavy sigh, he put the pen to the piece of paper and began to write a note to the people who would find him.

The note he wrote said, 'To any of my family that cares enough to find me, or to whom this may concern, I can't take the guilt of my actions anymore. I played the role of a man turned monster, revenge was the path that I had chosen and walked for so long, but... I no longer have that flame of anger in my heart, there is only nothingness now. I don't feel anything other than the crushing weight of the fact that I let my brother die and I was responsible for the death of my sister and my own son. Balthoron was a much better man than I ever was, whereas I became an ambassador and tried to broker peace between nations, I still went through military training and had killed people before the Galactic War started. My brother on the other hand became a doctor.

He saved lives, whereas I merely prevented lives from being lost. When Balthoron was pressed into military service because of the Galactic War, the man became a medic. He made it his job to save the lives of people caught in war zones, Ally, Enemy, Civilian, it didn't matter to him, he would risk life and limb. Yet, because of an event that I was hot blooded in, we became enemies for a while, he would go on to lead the mercenary group that he joined, the same one Father had founded, after Uncle Rogelio was killed. Even though he was the commanding officer, he preferred to fight alongside his men and would even be in the medical wing, helping out the doctors and nurses there when he could. Meanwhile, I led the Rapiers to just... kill and wage war, nothing more, nothing less. For that, I can be consider a horrible person.

Balthoron even saved my life after trying to kill me, I would've finished the job while he was comatose, but he showed me the definition of mercy. Every day, he would come into the infirmary and spend two, three or even four hours with me, even though I was in a coma. This lasted for two years, seven months, and fifteen days. Even in my most vulnerable time, Balthoron was the kind of man that showed forgiveness and mercy to even his worst enemy. He even said that he loved me and that he always would. I don't want you to mourn for my death... I'm just a man who has committed genocide, if you're going to mourn anyone, if you're going to honor anyone, mourn for and honor my baby brother. He's a man who deserves a statue amongst the Legendary Heroes as you call them... signed, Former Maj. General Tsuyoshi Miyamae."

Tsuyoshi placed the pen down and grabbed the bottle of vodka, "You're not going to talk me out of this, Emiko..." Emiko walked out of the shadows as Tsuyoshi placed the neck of the bottle to his lips and started to drink the alcohol, "I'm not here to stop you, Tsuyoshi, you know full well why I'm here." Tsuyoshi nodded slightly, "That's good, now leave for a moment so I can get drunk in peace." Emiko sighed, "Still disrespectful, but alright then, I'll honor your last request." As Emiko left, Tsuyoshi walked over to the window where he saw so many people carrying on with their daily lives. The fact that this was happening was even more painful for him than he could've imagined. He walked away and looked at the gun on the table for a second before taking another swig of alcohol.

He grabbed his pistol and sat down against a wall and he wondered, out of the many different ways he could've done this, why did he choose this one in particular. Considering the fact that genocide was considered a war crime in the galaxy, he could have easily been executed by firing squad. But what puzzled him even more is why he was never arrested in the first place, was it because no one knew that the last of the Menschilche were frozen on that station, aside from the dead, or was it because if he didn't kill them off, that bioweapon would have been loosed upon the galaxy and many more would have died. Tsuyoshi sighed as he placed the neck of the bottle to his mouth again and started chugging the vodka down. When the bottle was emptied, he threw it to the ground and it shattered upon impact.

He placed his hand on his head and ran it through his hair as memories of people that he cared about who were killed flashed through his mind. He closed his eyes and opened his mouth, he could smell alcohol on his own breath as he placed the barrel of his pistol in his own mouth. Tsuyoshi sighed one final time as Balthoron's face appeared in his memory, along with his father, his thoughts were simple then, 'I'm going to get to see the two of you very soon, don't you worry.' Tsuyoshi opened his eyes and looked down at the gun that was in his mouth. He readjusted it so that the barrel of the weapon was pressed against the roof of his mouth. Without any more hesitation, he pulled the trigger. Killing himself and painting the wall behind him with blood. His corpse slumped forward as the gun fell from his hand, landing next to a picture of Balthoron, which his blood had splattered on.