The Endless Depths(Horror/Blood/Language/Violence)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

The Endless Depths(Horror/Blood/Language/Violence)

#1 Post by Akira110 »

Disclaimer: This is a Horror Story set within the Chronicles of Verbana universe, though it does chronologically take place after Balance in Ruin, it is a standalone story. That said, I hope you enjoy.

Author's Note: None of my other projects are canceled. Also, no, there will not be any Zombies in this story, that's a cliche that really needs to die off. I have no idea why people are so obsessed with that, but personally, it seems that every week they're trying to make something new with that whole thing, despite everything being done with them.

Prologue

Balthoron sat within his office within his forward base near an uninhabited planet, he had chosen this location as a meeting place with his potential employer, because he was not entirely certain or trusting of what was going on. He stroked his closely trimmed beard as a human walked in to the room, "Take a seat." The human looked at him, "I heard what you have done in the past Balthoron, and I believe that I can trust you more than I can trust your brother." Balthoron squinted angrily, "Get to the point, I don't have time to waste on you." The man nodded and sat down, "Then I will skip the pleasantries. I've come to you, because the higher ups have told me to do so, if it were my choice, I'd destroy the entire station." Balthoron arched a brow, "Elaborate." The man pulled out a holographic image projector and hit a button, showing the space station in question, "Three days ago, we lost contact with the station, two days ago, we sent a team to investigate. We lost contact with them, yesterday."

Balthoron nodded slightly, "Suspicious, and your higher ups wanting to preserve the station is even more questionable, what was going on in there?" The man looked away, "That's classified." Balthoron folded his arms, "If you will not tell me, then I have no reason to accept the contract." The man sighed and looked at him, "Fine, it's research on potential bioweapons, it's an old Menschilche facility." Balthoron sighed, "Researching bioweapons is against Galactic Law and those that are involved in it or even in a conspiracy trying to hide it are to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, you've made it easy for me." Balthoron's hand crackled with electricity and the door locked, Balthoron reached under his desk and grabbed his shotgun, "Are you ready for me to carry out your sentence?"

The man shook his head, "Listen, I have no intention to keep it a secret." Balthoron lifted the shotgun and pointed it in the face of the man, "Start talking and you might find yourself in front of a Galactic Tribunal instead of all over my office." The man looked at the barrel of the shotgun and started to visibly sweat, "I knew all about what was going on, but I was told under penalty of death to keep it a secret. I don't know what the higher ups have planned, but it can't be good if they're trying not to destroy the entire place." Balthoron pumped the shotgun, "Says the bioweapon." The man looked at him, "What do you mean!?" Balthoron didn't lower his shotgun, "Humans were created over twenty thousand years ago to be bioweapons for use against the Draconic peoples. The project was deemed a failure and the living samples were abandoned on Terra to die."

The man didn't hide the panic in his voice, "So you're going to wipe out all of humanity!?" Balthoron stood up, not pointing his shotgun away from him as he circled around his desk, "No. Your higher ups want to hire the raptors, not you. Set your communicator to their frequency." The man did so, tears in his eyes and handed it to Balthoron who took it and activated it, "You sent a representative to me when you could've chosen to come to me yourself. Tell me, what are you going to pay me to investigate this space station where not one, but two sweeper teams have been killed in." The voice on the other side spoke with a hint of surprise in her voice, "How did you know that they were sweeper teams? We never shared that information with anyone."

Balthoron pressed the barrel of his shotgun against the man's head, "Your representative spilled the beans about what the station is for." The woman on the other side spoke up, "We told him that he'd be killed if he revealed that it was a bioweapon research facility!" Balthoron nodded, "He's also been quite unhelpful and has wasted my time. However... he's also been lying to me." The man turned his head, "I'm not lying to you!" Balthoron spoke angrily, "You have the ranking insignia of a Human General. You don't have higher ups, you're speaking with another branch of the Human Military that you think I don't know about." The woman on the other side spoke up in a voice that sounded like she was happy, "Balthoron Miyamae, it is good to see that the rumors about you aren't unfounded. Kill him if you want to, it doesn't matter, the Galactic authorities are going to have him executed anyhow."

Balthoron motioned with the shotgun towards the door, as the man stood up, he reached for a weapon and Balthoron didn't hesitate. He pointed the shotgun at the man's head and pulled the trigger. The man was instantly killed and dropped to the ground, "I was going to let him live, but he tried to pull a weapon on me. So tell me, what do you want to hire me for." The woman on the other side spoke up, "We've managed to kill everything in that base except for one thing. There's no record of it, nothing, but we do know that it exists and has been killing our men. The only evidence we have is the fact that it leaves the victims shredded apart with blood all over the walls." Balthoron nodded, "Alright, and how much are you going to pay us."

The woman spoke up, "Name your price." Balthoron spoke without hesitation, "Six hundred billion." The woman spoke out of surprise, "Surely you're joking!?" Balthoron spoke up, "I didn't hesitate, my asking price for this mission is Six hundred billion credits. If what I've been told is correct, the level of danger on this mission is too high for me to ask anything lower. So are you going to pay me the money or not?" The woman sighed, "Fine." Balthoron nodded, "Why do you want the space station anyhow?" The woman sighed, "That's classified, but I can tell you this. A human genome was found in the database, if we can get a research team in there safely, we can find out why." Balthoron nodded, "I'll take a group of the Raptors out there tomorrow, you'll get your space station."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: The Endless Depths(Horror/Blood/Language/Violence)

#2 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 1

Balthoron stood in the back of one of the shuttles launched from a nearby capital ship. He had his shotgun in his right hand and was holding a metal bar for support with his left, he had briefed his men on their first objective when entering the station and now it was time to execute the plan. He watched as the station loomed ever closer as they reached the hangar bay, "No one leaves the ship until all other transports are in the hangar, we will move as a battalion until we reach our objective. We don't know what we're dealing with, so people on the outside edge will keep their weapons trained in the four cardinal directions." The pilot looked back, "Sir, why did you insist on bringing a battalion, it'll make it harder to move in the corridors of a space station." Balthoron kept his eyes looking out the viewport of the door, "Because, two units have already gone missing here, both of them were platoons."

The pilot nodded, "Alright sir, we're touching down in the hangar." Balthoron looked back, "Remember, do not waste your shots. Last thing I need is to call for supplies because someone was trigger happy and went black on ammo. If anyone survives an encounter with the creature, we'll get you a dustoff." One of the soldiers spoke up, "You don't need to use military jargon with us, sir." Balthoron nodded, "I know, just I can't help but think that we're being sent to the meat grinder." One of the soldiers spoke up, "Sir, why did you accept this mission?" Balthoron looked at his shotgun and checked the charge, "They accepted my outrageous price. Someone wants this creature dead and we're the best equipped to do it, short of vaporizing the entire space station." The pilot spoke up, "Sir, the other transports are in the hangar."

Balthoron nodded, "This is it, our first objective is to capture the operations room, I'll direct the mission from there with the help of my AI." One of the soldiers spoke up, "Sir, you're not going to be with us?" Balthoron shook his head, "I'm sorry, but according to Standard Operating Procedures, I have to stay in a makeshift command center. We're going into this entire situation blind and we have no idea what the layout of this place is, all I have is a crude map that leads to the operations room, which is close to the hangar. Alright men, is everyone ready, check your pistols, rifles and whatever other weapons you're bringing along." Everyone started doing last minute equipment checks and Balthoron pressed the button next to the door and it opened up, "Alright men, let's move! When we take the operations room, I'll give out the next briefing."

Balthoron walked out and raised his shotgun, he kept his finger outside the trigger guard as he looked around the hangar, it was dark, so he activated his helmet's night vision to see a horrific sight before him, there were dried blood splatters around the hangar and even worse, he could make out the remnants of Menschilche bones, "Whatever it is, it had broken into the hangar before, smart enough to not accidentally vent the atmosphere here." One of the soldiers took off their helmet and started throwing up and Balthoron looked at him, "Put your helmet back on soldier, believe me, it looks better than it smells." The soldier did as he told him to, "Sorry, sir." Balthoron nodded, "Alright, we're all here. Let's get ready to move out to the operations room." The soldiers all raised their weapons and the group moved through the door in front of them.

As Balthoron walked through the hall, he started to see more dried blood and remnants of not only Menschilche, but more recent humans, "More than two units were sent here... the human remains, they've been here for about a year and a half. Someone's lying to me." A Lieutenant spoke up, "Sir, how many units do you think were sent here?" Balthoron looked around, "If I had to guess, several human ones and Great-Grandmother knows how many Menschilche ones, keep your helmets on, if you have to throw up at the sight, I'd rather you do it in your armor, than give us something to slip on if we need to pop a smoke and get the [censored] out of here." Balthoron looked at a door and noticed that it was not only sealed shut, but was a thick blast door, "Power's out to the door, hold on a second." Balthoron looked at the panel next to the door and noticed it was completely destroyed, it didn't matter to him as he stuck his hand into it and discharged enough electricity to open the door.

When the door opened, he noticed just how thick it was, "Ten point sixteen centimeters thick, could be used to protect against anything short of being vaporized. Alright, let's move in, see if I can't get some emergency power going on." Balthoron walked into the room and waited at the panel inside for everyone to enter. When they did, he put some electricity into the panel and caused the door to close. Balthoron walked over to a control panel and looked it over, "Alright, I think I figured it out." He reached under it and flipped a switch, turning on the emergency generator in the room, as the lights came on, he noticed it was a pristine and clean room, almost sterile, which disturbed him more than it comforted him, but he didn't share that with the others.

Balthoron immediately got to work on one of the control panels and got the main power generator online, providing power to the entire station, "Alright, now that's done..." Balthoron pulled a chip out of his helmet and put it into the control panel and a hologram appeared, "Thank you Balthoron, the systems are old, but I'll be able to gather information from the database, I'm currently downloading the schematics to the station into the computers in the helmets of the Designated Squad Leaders." Balthoron nodded, "That's good, see if you can't find any information on the creature that has been running a rampage on this station for however long it's been." The AI was silent for a moment and then spoke up, "Balthoron, the data was deleted... it will take hours for me to recover it..."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#3 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 2

As the AI went to work, Balthoron turned towards his troops, "Alright, you will all split into squadrons and search the station, there being four hundred and eighty of you here, I will separate you into four companies." Balthoron looked at a Lupine, "Captain Muller, the first one hundred and nineteen soldiers are yours to take. You shall take what Jessie and I have dubbed Sector One of the station, the decks will be shown on your maps as yellow." The Lupine nodded and saluted Balthoron, "Alright, First Company, assemble!" The Lupine walked to one side of the room and exactly one hundred and nineteen soldiers joined him." Balthoron took a look at a Kani, "Major Jacob, you and your one hundred and nineteen soldiers will make up second company." The Kani Major nodded and saluted, "Thank you sir." The Kani stood apart from the others, "Second Company! Form up!"

One hundred and nineteen of the remaining soldiers moved to form up behind him and Balthoron nodded, "You will patrol sector two, it will be green on your map." Balthoron took a look at a Mus, "Captain Bondeson, you're in command of the third company, gather your soldiers." The Mus nodded and walked closer to Balthoron, "Third Company, Front and Center!" The one hundred and nineteen troops walked to the Mus, "Third Company is ready, sir!" Balthoron nodded, "You are to patrol Sector Three, the color of the sector on your map is red. You'll find that it is situated next to sector one." The Mus nodded and saluted, "Understood, sir!" Balthoron looked at the last remaining one, a Kitsune, "Major Misawa, you are in command of the Fourth Company, your troops are with you already. You're to patrol Sector Four of the station, the area in your map is colored in as dark blue."

The Kitsune nodded, "Sir, yes, sir!" Captain Muller spoke up, "Sir, there is an area of the map that is close to Sector Three that is colored in light blue." Balthoron nodded, "The temperature sensors in that area reveal that it is abnormally cold, if Captain Bondeson wishes to ensure the deaths of his troops, he can go in there. The temperatures we got are as low as negative sixty-two degrees." Captain Muller nodded as Major Jacob spoke up, "Major Misawa has a section of station that is colored in purple, what's that about." Balthoron shrugged, "Simple, anyone that goes in there isn't coming back out alive, you're not in exosuits and that area has suffered structural damage long ago. You'll die from exposure to a vacuum, as well as the radiation that is out there in space." Major Jacob nodded, "That's all, sir."

Balthoron nodded and placed his arms behind his back, "This will not be an easy task, I need everyone to stay vigilant, despite the sights that you may see in this station, we have no idea what we are dealing with right now and until we get any intel, we won't know how to beat it. I do not want anyone moving alone. There will not be any breaking into fire and maneuver teams either. The smallest unit I want you in is a fireteam, and even then, do not wander off too far from the rest of your squad. When you get into your sector, you may split into either squads or sections, it doesn't matter to me. Remember to keep your weapons at the ready at all times and keep your head on a swivel. Do not all face the same direction either, try to have the unit face in the four cardinal directions, being able to quickly train three-fourths of the total firepower of the unit on the target is better than none."

Balthoron looked at them all, "We've have a reputation for getting any job we get hired for, done. I'm counting on all of you." Balthoron closed his eyes, "I will provide you with whatever support I can from here and Jessie will assist me in doing so. You are all dismissed." Balthoron waved his hand, giving a spark of electricity to the door, which opened it. He watched as all of the troops moved out of the room and he frowned under his helmet as the last soldier left the room. He waved his hand and looked back at Jessie, "Do we have any sensors to detect this creature?" Jessie looked up at him, "Motion sensors in Sectors One and Four are still active, there are some in Sectors Two and Three that are still active, we can use those to assist the troops." Balthoron nodded, "Can we configure them to ignore our troops?" Jessie looked away, "No, but I will alert whatever squadron has a single source of movement going towards them."

Balthoron nodded slightly, "What are the chances of success do you think?" Jessie looked at him again, "I was not programmed to guess based off of gut feelings, I am an Artificial Intelligence, remember." Balthoron shrugged and folded his arms, "Answer the question." Jessie sighed, "You won't like the answer." Balthoron scoffed, "Try me." Jessie spoke calmly, "The mission with the current parameters has a minimal chance of success. There are far too many unknowns in this operation, we don't even have the first clue of what we're dealing with." Balthoron nodded, "Yeah, this wouldn't be the first time that I'd have to go into a situation with as little intel as we got now. Nothing is more oxymoronic than the words military intelligence, right?" Jessie shook her head, "I do not understand your joke."

Balthoron sighed, "Bah, AIs." Jessie shrugged, "I apologize, but I wasn't programmed with humor. Balthoron, would you like to monitor the progress of the soldiers?" Balthoron nodded, "In a minute, I'm going to see if I can't get some of the communications equipment working." Jessie didn't speak and this made Balthoron uneasy, "What is it?" Balthoron turned to see Jessie standing where her hologram was, almost perfectly still, "External communications is being jammed. The communications equipment is perfectly fine, but we only have internal communications." Balthoron sighed and folded his arms, "That's just wonderful, you work on your multi-tasking, I'll work on getting past this jamming. There may have to come a time where we might need to just cut our losses and evacuate." Jessie shook her head, "Sir, that's just it, the Jamming signal isn't here... it's in sector two..."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#4 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 3

Jacob led his company into Sector Two, he looked around, his rifle at the ready. When he saw that nothing was there, he looked to the troops, "Alright, we'll split into ten squadrons. Let's comb the area." As the company split into the squadrons, Jacob moved forward and his communicator buzzed slightly, he put his free hand on the button, "This is Captain Jacob." Jessie's voice came over the Radio, "Captain, there is a jamming signal emanating from your designated sector." Jacob nodded, "Where is the source of the signal?" The map on his helmet's visor updated, "Alright, heading there now, we'll see if we can't stop the signal." Jessie spoke up, "Captain, be extra careful, that is in a dark zone, there are no active motion sensors within fifty meters of the signal." Jacob nodded slightly, "Alright, we'll be extra careful, I'll give you a call when we get there."

Jacob closed the channel and motioned for his squad to follow him. He moved slowly, watching as the pristine walls slowly became more and more bloodied, it felt like he was walking into a killzone, "Weapons at the ready, with the lights on, we'll be able to see this thing coming." Jacob felt a buzzing on his communicator, and he pressed the button, "Yes, ma'am." Balthoron's voice yelled out, "Jacob! Enemy contact closing in fast to your south! Fifty Meters! Ready all weapons!" Jacob called out, "It's coming from the south!" He and the rest of the squadron turned to face towards the south and started firing in that direction, after a couple of moments, they stopped and Jacob pressed the button, "Colonel, did we get it." Balthoron's voice sounded more calm, "No, but you did make it retreat into a dark area, I cannot track it, be careful as you continue forward, remember, weapons in all directions."

Jacob nodded, "You remember the briefing, it went into a dark area. Weapons in all directions and let's move on." Jacob kept moving forward and sighed slightly, he had a feeling of impending doom, but he couldn't quite shake what was going on, suddenly Balthoron's voice spoke over the communicator, "Jacob, you're going to enter a dark zone soon. Be extra careful." Jacob nodded, "Roger that, sir." Jacob kept moving forward with his squadron, he kept looking from side to side as he moved, checking to see if the creature was anywhere close. Suddenly Jacob heard a noise to his left and the entire squadron faced in that direction, Jacob could feel his heart racing. Before he knew it though, he heard a scream behind him, when he turned around, he saw the corpse of one of his soldiers being dragged off, but couldn't make out what was doing it.

One of the soldiers who saw this spoke up, "[censored]! [censored] man! That thing got Jim! That thing got Jim!" Jacob spoke sternly, "Calm down, there's nothing we can do for him. Let's make sure his death wasn't in vain... let's move out." Jacob felt bad that one of his soldiers had died, but knew that they had to keep going, he pressed the communicator's button, "Colonel, the creature killed one of our soldiers. Jim's dead." Balthoron's voice spoke over the communicator, "He will be remembered, I promise to add his name to the memorial when this is all over." Jacob nodded, "How close are we to the objective?" Balthoron's voice spoke over the communicator, "I don't know, Jacob, when you went dark, you were fifty meters from your objective point. This creature is specifically targeting your squad, it's almost as if..."

Jacob spoke up, "The jamming device is a trap... What do you think we should do?" Balthoron shook his head, "You're in the kill zone and I can't get any of the other squads in your sector to you in time, I hate to say this, but... you're on your own." Jacob nodded, "We'll get our objective completed, or we'll die trying." Balthoron sighed, "Please do not say that." Jacob readied his rifle as he and his squad continued to advance, "Just being realistic about our current situation, sir. With all due respect, it's a very real possibility that we could die." Balthoron sighed, "Keep this channel open, it's the only way I can track your progress." Jacob nodded slightly, "Sure thing, Colonel." Jacob heard a sound that didn't come from the soldiers and his heart started pounding more and more. Suddenly he heard a thud from behind him and turned around to see one of the soldiers in back had dropped their gun.

Jacob looked at what the soldier was looking at and spotted the corpse of Jim hanging from the ceiling, "What the [censored]... it's taunting us..." Balthoron sighed, "What's it doing?" Jacob walked over towards the corpse, he couldn't shake the feeling that what he was doing was a mistake, "The corpse, it's not like the others... why would it leave it out in the open like this..." Balthoron spoke quickly and forcefully, "Get away from it!" Jacob stopped moving and retreated backwards only to feel a warm, sticky fluid touch the underarmor he was wearing, he knew exactly what that was too. However, he couldn't help but turn around to see that whatever had killed Jim, had silently killed the rest of his squadron as well, "Sir, it's been an honor working with you." Balthoron spoke up, "Don't say such things, what happened?"

Jacob sighed, "Second Company, First Squadron, reporting a Code: Black. All Second Company Squadrons, do not break formation under any circumstances, no matter what sounds you hear." As Jacob heard a sound, he turned the opposite direction this time, knowing that the creature had always come from the side opposite from the sound that it made. As he expected to see the creature, he didn't. He turned around just in time to see his final sight, as he felt something force its way into his chest and out of his back, killing him nearly instantly. As his lifeless body fell to the ground, his communicator crackled to life, "Captain Jacob. Captain Jacob. Come in Jacob! Jacob! Respond! Dammit!"

Akira110
Literary Artist

#5 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 4

Balthoron slammed his hands on the panel in front of him, Jessie's hologram showed up next to him, "Losing a squad was within the projections that I had simulated before we arrived." Balthoron sighed, "I know, but if there was only some way we could've seen it, someway we could've stopped it. We could've prevented Jacob's death!" Jessie shook her holographic head, "There was nothing we could've done, this creature clearly possesses a high level of intelligence, and I know what you're thinking, that if we send a larger group towards the jammer, that they'll be able to kill it, it's a coin flip, Balthoron, are you willing to take that risk?" Balthoron sighed, "We need to get rid of that jammer." He placed his finger on his communicator and pressed down the button, "Second Company, Fifth, Seventh and Tenth Squadrons, you're all within range and all can preform a three way pincer on that jamming signal. I need you guys to move in on it."

Jessie sighed, "You could be sending them to their deaths, you know." Balthoron nodded as he looked at the map, "Believe me, I know. But what choice do we have, the transports took off when we landed and we have no way to contact them if we have to pop smoke." Balthoron watched and listened to the chatter amongst the soldiers, "You're entering the dark zone, I won't be able to monitor your movements, remain extra vigilant and keep your heads on a swivel, no matter how fearful you get, do not break formation, am I clear." A chorus of, "Aye, sir." sounded over his communicator and he smiled softly, "At least I know they're still good soldiers." Jessie spoke up, "Sir, I found something about this place." Balthoron nodded, "Let's see it." Balthoron watched as a readout appeared on the console he was next to.

He started to read the text on it, apparently this was a research station for not only creating bio-weapons, but for training them as well and was created during the Menschilche-Dragon war. Balthoron kept reading and found out that the purpose of this station was to create a bioweapon that was capable of killing a dragon, and that they had failed to do so. He looked to Jessie, "Find any logs by the scientists, anything that can help us figure out what this creature is... if this is an anti-dragon bioweapon, we're in deeper [censored] than we thought..." Suddenly Balthoron's communicator started becoming abuzz with voices, "What the [censored] was that!? WHAT THE [censored] WAS THAT!? KILL IT! KILL IT! IT GOT MARIE! KILL IT!" Balthoron nearly ripped the thing off his ear, because the yelling was too loud, but kept it on, "Calm down, what's the status report!" Balthoron's answer was weapons discharging on the other end.

Balthoron spoke up, "Give me a sitrep!" He heard the anguished screams of someone who was killed and other soldier scream, "Oh [censored]! Oh [censored]! Nothing we do is stopping this thing!" Balthoron called out, "You have grenades! USE THEM!" The soldiers didn't listen, Balthoron continued to listen to their panicked cries, "Use your damn grenades! You have them for a reason!" Suddenly, there was a loud explosion sound and then nothing. Jessie spoke up, "An explosion happened thirty-two meters away from the jamming signal. Balthoron, there is a minimal chance that anything could've survived that explosion, even the creature." Balthoron closed his eyes and focused on that area in order to narrow down the electrical signals he would receive, though it did tax him slightly, he found that there were fading bio-electrical signals, but one unfamiliar one that was particularly strong.

Balthoron stopped and opened his eyes, "Somehow, it survived... an entire platoon of troops wiped out, and yet... it escaped the blast radius..." Jessie nodded, "I found something, I don't know if it will help." Balthoron nodded slightly, "Just, just give me a moment." Balthoron closed his eyes and silently mourned the loss of the platoon of soldiers he had just sent to their deaths, he wondered how his father would react to this same situation, but knew that he couldn't ask his father. His reincarnation held none of his memories and Emiko wouldn't allow him to enter the realm of the dead to ask him anyhow. Balthoron opened his eyes, "My father... how would he have handled this, how would have he approached this situation." Jessie spoke up, "Your father would've done far worse according to simulations that I have run. Your father would've been with the group that was going to the Jammer."

Balthoron nodded, "So my cowardice saved my life, is what you're saying." Jessie shook her head, "It's your adherence to protocol that has kept you alive so far, Balthoron." Balthoron sighed, "I shouldn't have taken this job, I should've vaporized this station, but we need the money, badly." Jessie nodded, "Do you wish for me to play what I have found?" Balthoron sighed, "Do it." Suddenly a Menschilche hologram appeared, "To whoever is finding this, I can trust that you are neither a Thraxi nor a Neanderthal, as you would've vaporized the station without a second thought. I'm part of a Menschilche preservation group, my team was sent in to preserve genetic material and live Menschilche in order to prevent our extinction. Unfortunately, while we were here, we awoke something that we shouldn't have... something that has been hunting us since we woke it from its slumber."

Balthoron nodded as the Hologram continued, "There are no records of it here, but before we set up a jamming device, I got in contact with high command. The files are heavily encrypted, and there is a lot of it missing, but what I've been able to decipher is that the thing that is hunting us was the only success our kind has had with making an anti-dragon bioweapon. Where both the Humans and the Vampires has failed, this unknown creature has succeeded. Everyone else is dead, if you receive this message, I implore you to kill this creature and bring back the Menschilche people through the humans if need be. And if we're so lucky as to have Balthoron on this station... Balthoron, the Jamming device cannot be shut down normally, you have to give it a three amp shock. Anyhow, I'm going to go die now and join my comrades." Balthoron sighed and put his finger to his communicator, "Prioritize finding and killing the creature, do NOT go after the jamming device."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#6 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 5

A Lieutenant by the name of Marcus walked through the corridors of Sector Four, as far as he knew from the screaming and gunfire on the other end of his communicator, the creature was still in the neighboring Sector Two. Marcus silently walked forward with his squad, and reached a bit of glass, "Sir, you're not going to believe this, but they set up an entire aquatic habitat here." Balthoron didn't answer and Marcus spoke up, "Sir." Jessie answered instead, "Balthoron is currently using the bathroom, though there seems to be a lot of swearing involved so I don't think he is actually using the bathroom. It is interesting however that you have found an aquatic environment. I'll patch you through to Balthoron." Marcus suddenly heard, "[censored] anti-dragon bioweapon, [censored] Menschilche! Why is it always my family that is always cleaning up THEIR damn messes. Why can't they have had the decency to clean up their [censored] before they went extinct!?"

Marcus spoke up, "Uh, I hope I'm not interrupting anything, sir. But we have found an aquatic habitat. Permission to investigate." Balthoron sighed on the other end, "You have your priority, but if you feel that there is anything in there that will give you an edge against this bioweapon, then go ahead and do so. Jessie is still trying to dig up any information we can on the nature of this thing and how to bring it down." Marcus nodded slightly, "Sir, it's going to figure out soon that we're not going after the Jamming device in Sector Two." Balthoron sighed on the other side, again, "I know, Marcus and it's going to start actively hunting down the squads, whatever this thing is, it's smart and it loves to use its victims to trap new victims. At any rate, you have my permission to investigate the aquatic habitat area."

Marcus nodded and a soldier spoke up, "It's a shame what happened to Jim and the others, Jim owed me fifteen credits." Marcus nodded, "Let's move in." Marcus opened the door and walked slowly into the aquatic habitat, as he moved into the water, his re-breather kicked in and he and his squadron moved fully under the water, only to find the water completely empty, one of his squad mates spoke up, "This seems unnaturally empty, there's no carnage down here." Marcus nodded, "Thank goodness for small miracles that the bioweapon isn't amphibious, otherwise we would have a lot more issues on our hands." Marcus continued to walk forward, his helmet mounted flashlight illuminating the water, "Well, nothing alive is down here, that's something good. It looks like this area is routinely cleaned by machinery, though that makes me wonder what kind of machines are cleaning it."

Balthoron spoke up, "Nothing that you can get stuck in, I mean you could stick your hand into one of the machines if you were really stupid and in a hurry to die slowly of bleeding to death. But aside from that, there isn't any danger down there. Also don't discount the creature as being non-amphibious either. There's still the possibility that it can go underwater and kill things there." Marcus nodded, "Alright then. Come on men, let's move through this area." As Marcus and his squad moved through the submerged section of the station, he kept seeing that there was more and more of nothing around there, he wanted answers and he knew that Balthoron would like those answers as well. Marcus shone his light on a hatch, "This is curious, why would there be a hatch here." Jessie spoke up, "The next area is a closed off section of the station, I don't know why..."

Marcus nodded and looked at one of his men, "Let's get this thing open and see what's inside, you grab the gap on the other side." The soldier nodded, "Sir." Marcus and the soldier moved to opposite sides of the door and the two of them started pulling on it when suddenly the door opened, causing them to reel back a bit as they lost their balance, Jessie speaking over the communicator, "Sorry about that, Marcus." Marcus nodded and walked into the area, it was flooded with water, but didn't look like an underwater habitat, however, he found a complete skeleton floating in the room, "Looks like people drowned here to get away from the bioweapon... or someone was a big enough [censored] to flood the room on themselves." The soldier next to him chuckled, "You know the Menschilche, they're always stupid."

Marcus looked around, "None of us were born when the Menschilche were around. Spread out and start looking for stuff, don't stray too far from the squad." The rest of the soldiers nodded, "Aye, sir!" Marcus and his squad split up to explore the chamber that they had opened. He tried to no avail, get the computer terminals working, "Silly me, why would I expect them to waterproof something in the [censored] aquatic habitat." Marcus sighed, when he looked at a datapad that was still working, despite being submerged, "Hopefully this will help shed some light on this whole situation." As Marcus started to read the datapad, he became annoyed with the information provided, "Just my luck, I find something that works and it tells me about the feeding procedures for the aquatic bioweapons..." Balthoron spoke up, "That could be useful information, you know."

Marcus sighed, "Useful how, we know the creature we're dealing with is not aquatic, otherwise it wouldn't have wiped out a third of Sector Two's soldiers." Balthoron spoke up, "Actually half, Squads Three and Nine went dark. Squad Four confirmed that Squad Three was wiped out." Marcus sighed, "What did I miss?" Balthoron spoke in a voice that didn't mask his sadness at this, "I've been boosting your signal, when you went underwater, your signal dropped, only Jessie and I can communicate with your squad. The bioweapon is still in Sector Two, feel free to investigate and tell me if you find anything..." Marcus nodded slightly as he continued to search around the area, "Will do, Colonel."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#7 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 6

The Mus Captain moved together with his squad in Sector Three, the area was a bit hot for his liking and he silently wondered what his ancestor would've thought about him joining the Raptors, especially since Sector Two was reported as a total loss and the survivors of Second Company were being redirected to other sectors. He placed a hand on his communicator, "This is Captain Sigmundr Bondeson, I'm at the rendezvous point." One of the soldiers in his squad spoke up, "I hear that our captain is the great-great-great grandson of the legendary Freja Bondeson, the only person that the Legendary Hero, Yoshiro Miayame would allow to command him." Balthoron spoke up over the communicator, not even bothering to hide his annoyance, "Stop calling my father a legendary hero, he's spinning in his grave." The soldier spoke up, "But your father was a Legendary Hero, Colonel. He ended many wars swiftly, causing a reduction in the number of projected casualties."

Balthoron sighed and cut off communications as Sigmundr looked around, "There is no sign of the Sector Two unit, they were supposed to Rendezvous here, do you think that the bioweapon could've followed them from there?" A soldier spoke up in a panicked voice, "It killed Sector Two's unit, the creature is unstoppable, we're just being sent into a meat grinder to die!" Sigmundr looked back at the soldier, "Enough with that, there is nothing in this universe that cannot die, we just need to figure out a way to kill it. This place is a rather superheated area, I bet if we can trap it into a room with magma in it, it will die." Sigmundr placed his finger on his communicator, "Jessie, are there any areas where magma exists in Sector Three?" Jessie spoke up, "Scanning now, there are a few, however your armor isn't rated for that kind of temperature, neither are your re-breathers. Why are you going to go with this plan?"

Sigmundr sighed, "Then I'll be the sacrificial lamb in this plan, it's what my ancestor would do." Balthoron chimed in, "I knew Freja, kiddo. She didn't do much fighting, but when she did, she fought bravely. However, even this is something she wouldn't do, you're beginning to sound more and more like Uncle Walthari." Sigmundr nodded, "It doesn't matter, direct me to where the creature is." Balthoron sighed, "So you're willing to sacrifice your own life, in order to play bait for this creature, you do realize you're going to die in order to try to put this thing down, and for all we know, it could thrive in temperatures like that." Sigmundr nodded, "That's a risk I'm willing to take, we don't know anything about this creature, other than its intelligence and capability of taking out entire platoons of soldiers at once."

Balthoron sighed, "Third Company, First Squadron, rendezvous with the Second Squadron and form a Section. Sigmundr, the bioweapon is heading to Sector Three, I hope you're ready." Sigmundr nodded, "Point me in the direction of one of these super-heated magma chamber rooms." He put on his rebreather and started to run from the rest of his squadron, as Jessie spoke, "Take the next left." Sigmundr ran to his left and felt the area start getting steadily hotter and hotter as he did. Jessie spoke, "Forty meters, take a right in the hallway. The bioweapon has picked up your trail and is now following you, it knows that you're alone, Sigmundr, pick up the pace." Sigmundr nodded and started sprinting, once at the intersection, he took a right into the next hallway, where he saw at the end, a large door, that seemed to be somewhat cool to the touch.

Jessie spoke up, "The moment that door opens, where you're standing is going to become a furnace. It'll rapidly heat up to at least five hundred degrees." Sigmundr nodded and moved closer to the door, "How much time do I have before the creature arrives?" Jessie spoke up, "Six minutes, it's tracking you specifically now, and seems to be taking its time doing it." Sigmundr nodded and walked over to the console next to the door, he started the process of opening the door, but was going to wait til the creature was almost on top of him, before he opened it. He wanted the maximum chance of killing the creature in one swift blow, even if that meant sacrificing his own life in order to do it, he spoke into his communicator, "Balthoron, we Bondesons have a good friendship with your family, tell my sister, the Queen that I died a hero's death."

Balthoron spoke over the communicator, "It's too late to save you, but your sacrifice will not be forgotten, Sigmundr, you have three minutes before the creature is on top of your location, is there anything you wish to say as your last words?" Sigmundr chuckled, "Nah, that would seem sappy, let it be known that if I fail, I at least tried something different in order to bring this damned thing down." Balthoron's voice sounded over the communicator, "That's alright, two minutes, by the way." Sigmundr sighed and watched the corridor to his left, he wanted to see the creature with his own eyes before he killed the both of them. Time seemed to pass slowly for him, seconds became minutes and minutes became hours, his heart was racing at an extreme pace in his chest and his hands were starting to feel cold.

Sigmundr chuckled, "I guess I do have some last words. No matter how hard we steel ourselves for the inevitable, we're always afraid in the end... afraid of dying. However, it is not how we deal with life that we are judged, it is rather how we deal with our own mortality and eventually death." Balthoron's voice spoke up, "Good words, by the way, thirty seconds." Sigmundr waited til Balthoron spoke, "The creature is right on top of you." Sigmundr didn't see anything except a distortion in the light, he knew that no one in the group of soldiers brought to the station had any cloaking devices or abilities, so he hit the button that opened the door, just before he felt a force knock him to the ground and pierce his heart, though blood came out of his mouth, he chuckled, "I win." The door opened and very swiftly the heat poured through, killing Sigmundr instantly, by cooking him alive.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#8 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 7

Balthoron placed his hands on the console in front of him, his eyes full of tears as the area that his family's friend was in became awash in flashing orange to signify that it's a super heated area now. Balthoron gathered himself to speak a few words, "Jessie, is it dead?" Jessie shook her holographic head, "There is no way to tell, every motion sensor within a hundred meters of that area has been fried. No soldier will be able to get within two hundred meters of Captain Bondeson's corpse. I will monitor the areas closely, however many of our troops in Sector Three have entered dark zones, shall I tell them to be careful?" Balthoron nodded slightly, "Yeah, please do that." Jessie spoke up, "Attention Third Company, the bioweapon is in sector three, keep your heads on a swivel and make sure that you do not leave your squadrons. That is a direct order."

Balthoron took off his helmet and placed it on the console, before sliding down and placing his back against it, his shotgun in his lap, "My men are dying, front, left and center... and there's nothing I can [censored] do about it. The only solace I have is that the creature is probably dead." Jessie spoke up, "Balthoron, why can't you sense the creature out in Sector Three?" Balthoron sighed, "Because I'm distressed right now, I'll sense everything in the whole damn station if I were to try." Jessie nodded her holographic head and then gasped, "Sir, the bioweapon is still very much alive, it's not dead! How can this be! The temperature in that area is over a thousand degrees!" Balthoron sighed, "It's an anti-dragon bioweapon, Julius can breathe flames hotter than that. It wouldn't be an effective bioweapon if it couldn't survive something like that, but we're running out of things to attempt to kill it!"

A thought entered Balthoron's head as screaming was heard on the other side of his communicator, another squadron was being attacked by the creature, Balthoron removed his communicator and placed it on the console that he was leaning against, "Is there any way to kill this thing, are we just being sent here to die, is this some game that we're supposed to lose..." Balthoron pulled out a locket, inside of it was a picture and he looked upon his wife, "Your reincarnation is living happy, but here I am, fighting and dying to make sure that you stay happy in your new life. I love you, and I always will." Jessie sighed, "Fifth Squadron of Third Company has been wiped out, Balthoron." Balthoron sighed and grabbed his communicator, "All Squadrons, this is Colonel Miyamae speaking, regroup and form into sections."

Balthoron dropped the communicator as he started to look at his shotgun, he wanted to be sure that if he was going to die, he was going to be able to at least fire off a shot in an attempt to kill the creature. Jessie sighed, "Balthoron, your psyche seems like its a bit shot, perhaps you should take a break and allow me to direct the mission." Balthoron shook his head, "No, this is my operation, I signed up on it and I led these people to their deaths. I'll see this thing through to the bitter end if I have to." Jessie spoke up, "You are not Tsuyoshi and you are most certainly not your father." Balthoron raised his voice, "What the hell do you know about my father, you damned machine!?" Jessie spoke calmly, "I was able to get classified documents that showed what he really in his lifetime. The people revere the most efficient killer on the planet as some legendary hero."

Balthoron sighed, he couldn't argue with that, "That's not the point, get to the actual point." Jessie looked at Balthoron, "You entered war, long after you became an adult, you didn't get formal military training until long after your father died. Tsuyoshi was trained the moment he decided to become an ambassador and your father killed his first man when he was what the humans would consider to be fifteen years old. Balthoron, you are not like either of them, you haven't been in this culture, this setting long enough to become quite adjusted to be able to handle situations like this. You're fighting an opponent you do not know what it is and it is not only outsmarting you, but is also costing the lives of everyone you have brought upon the station. This is weighing heavily on your mind and causing you to freak out."

Balthoron shook his head, "You say that like you know me." Jessie sighed, "Balthoron, I have access to all of your files and all of your information, though I am merely a program, I do consider you my friend, even if we are meant to be partners. Please, Balthoron, rest for a bit while... Third Company has just formed into sections as has First company, as per your order." Balthoron sighed, "What about Fourth Company?" Jessie shook her head, "They're currently forming up." Balthoron nodded, "That's good." Jessie sighed, "Look at you, Balthoron, the death of one of your friends is hitting you hard, you want revenge, don't you?" Balthoron looked down the sights of his shotgun, "Yeah... I want to turn that bioweapon inside out with this shotgun." Jessie shook her head, "In your current mental state, you would be no help to our soldiers, take a mandatory one hour break."

Balthoron sighed, "I had forgotten that you're a modified medical AI. Reminds me of the days back when I was a medic..." Jessie nodded, "By the way, I recovered some of the data on the creature, it can cloak itself to avoid detection from enemies, however, this doesn't disguise its scent and it can be found and tracked by anything with a good sense of smell. No one that has died was capable of seeing what killed them, only a distortion of light..." Balthoron nodded, "It has a bioelectric field like all living creatures, I should be able to sense it. Either this shotgun... or my own magic will be what I use against the thing when it comes time to fight the damn thing." Jessie nodded slightly, "It is safe to say that trying to use heat against this thing is useless, so why don't we try to freeze it..."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#9 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 8

A young Lupine Corporal by the name of Annaliese looked at the section that she had gathered. This wasn't her first operation, but she had this eerie feeling that it was going to be her last, something that she couldn't shake as she led the Privates on patrol through Sector One, suddenly a voice spoke over her communicator, "Corporal, come in." Annaliese placed a finger to her communicator, "Yes, Captain Muller?" Muller's voice spoke on the other end, "Second Company has been wiped out and Third Company is being hunted down, First and Fourth Companies are currently safe, but it's only a matter of time before the creature starts hunting us down, I figure if we get it in a pincer attack, it will, hold on a second." The line went quiet and Annaliese feared the worst, however after a few minutes of silence, Captain Muller's voice came back on, "A section from Sector Three is going to be used as bait to draw the bioweapon into Sector Five."

Annaliese nodded, "I understand, sir. Do you think that the plan will work?" Captain Muller didn't even hide his sadness, "No, I don't. Also I need to be on the straight and narrow with you guys. I'm not a descendant of Adalwulf, I am Adalwulf." Annaliese blinked slightly, "So that means that you're my great-great-great granduncle..." Adalwulf spoke on the other side, "Look behind you." Annaliese turned around to look past her section to see Adalwulf standing there with his section, "Sir." Adalwulf nodded, "At ease, I'm violating orders here, but let's form up into a platoon." Annaliese nodded slightly, she felt a bit safer knowing that there were now officers amongst her group, far more experienced soldiers that could handle the situations that the research station were throwing at them, instead of the unproven privates she had been given.

Adalwulf sighed slightly, "Something someone told me a long time ago... there are no heroes in war, we're all fighting to achieve one of three separate outcomes..." Annaliese nodded, "What are those?" Adalwulf sighed, "Death, watching all of your friends die and seeing futility in war... or the outcome that man had achieved, become a cold-blooded killer. When he told me this, I was just a child, a hotblooded Lupine who had a chip on his shoulder and everything to prove." Adalwulf moved his hair out from in front of his left eye, revealing a cybernetic eye, "It was shortly before the battle of Hayat that he told me this, I lost my entire unit there, everyone died because of my cockiness." He tapped the cybernetic eye, "This thing however is a blessing in disguise, I can see into the infrared spectrum with this, meaning that even if the creature is invisible, I will still be able to see it."

Annaliese nodded slightly, "I learned about the battle of Hayat back in school, it was the bloodiest battle the Legendary Heroes encountered. Men, women, even children laid dead in the city streets when all was said and done." Adalwulf shook his head, "Our cousins are not legendary heroes, Annaliese, you would do well to remember that. They were people, just like you and I." One of the Privates spoke up, "You must be even more legendary considering that death hasn't quite taken you." Adalwulf sighed, "I'm not legendary, I was placed in a stasis pod for over a thousand years, I'm getting on in years, but I'm not too old to go out on missions with you guys. I'm a veteran of the old world, but sometimes, you need someone like me to keep you guys from freaking out and running around like you lost your minds."

Annaliese chuckled slightly as they patrolled through Sector One, "Adalwulf, how do you like working with Balthoron?" Adalwulf sighed, "He's a bigger [censored] than his father, and his father was quite an [censored] at times." Balthoron spoke up over the communicator, "I heard that, Adalwulf." Adalwulf spoke into his communicator, "I'm not apologizing for voicing my opinion, Balthoron." Balthoron chuckled, "Well, it's a valid opinion, one I agree with." Adalwulf sighed, "Annaliese, welcome to our family. Upon waking up, I learned about the Galactic War, something you've probably only learned about in school, and I know more about the Miyamae family's dysfunction right now than anyone else outside of the family. The years have not been kind to either Tsuyoshi, or Balthoron. If Yoshiro were alive, he'd slap some sense into his kids. But alas, he died a long, long time ago."

Annaliese nodded as they took a right and entered a temperate area, which seemed to be a simulated environment, "This is a bit strange, why would they have this on the station." Adalwulf sighed, "Sector Two has a jungle simulation, Sector Three is a desert simulation, Sector Four is an aquatic simulation, Sector Five is Cryostorage and can be used as an arctic simulation and Sector Six used to be a nocturnal simulation, I swear that this sounds like something straight out of a video game..." Annaliese shrugged, "I never heard of it before, I used to be a video gamer, before I joined up with the Raptors." Adalwulf nodded, "The fact that we're being hunted down by a creature that has killed all the other people that have arrived on this station as well as all the researchers on the station is reminiscent of the same game..."

Annaliese thought for a moment as she followed Adalwulf as their platoon arrived at a strange shell, and Adalwulf sighed, "This is even more strange, why would this cocoon be here. Unless..." Adalwulf placed his finger on his communicator, "Jessie, I need you to link up to my cybernetic eye and run a scan on the object that I'm looking at." Jessie spoke up, "Receiving imagery from your eye and scanning..." Adalwulf folded his arms, "If I'm right, then this will prove that this creature can indeed die." Annaliese looked at the cocoon, "What is your hypothesis, ancestor?" Adalwulf sighed, "That this thing is a form of a stasis pod, used by that bioweapon to avoid dying." Jessie spoke over the communicator, "The Sector Five Team is in position and Adalwulf, you have a great hypothesis. Unfortunately the data is still fragmented, I'll inform you when I know more."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#10 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 9

A young arctic Kitsune Private by the name of Yoshio Sakamoto looked around as the section he was in stood ready to lead the bioweapon into the cryostorage area. Yoshio looked around as his heart started to pump wildly at the idea that the bioweapon was heading their way, he looked at his commanding officer, "Sir, do we really have to do this? Is there honestly no other way?" The commanding officer looked back at him, "Yes, we do have to do this, and no, there isn't any other way, besides, you have the greatest survivability out of all of us in this situation, being an arctic breed of Kitsune and all." Yoshio sighed, "I guess you're right, sir..." The commanding officer remained silent and everyone had their weapons ready, suddenly the commanding officer shouted an order, "Fire!" Yoshio raised his gun and pointed it at a distortion in light that appeared in front of him, instead of walking back into Sector Five like they were supposed to, he ran into it and locked himself in.

He heard the sounds of the screams of his comrades on the other side of the door and started retreating further into the chamber, however, when the screaming stopped, he expected the door to be ripped open, but there was no ripping the door open. Suddenly his communicator crackled to life, "Who the [censored] are you!? What the [censored] were you thinking!? An entire section is gone, the entire plan has gone to [censored] and many more people will die because of you! WHAT IS YOUR NAME AND RANK!?" Yoshio panicked as he heard the angered voice of Balthoron on the other side, "Yoshio Sakamoto, sir, I'm a Private." Balthoron's voice didn't hide his annoyance, "You doomed your entire section Private, and furthermore, you've killed yourself, there is no way I'm sending a group to rescue you while that creature is still alive. Your body will be recovered, when this is all said and done."

Yoshio panicked, "But I'm an important part of this operation, you yourself said so!" Balthoron's voice sounded stern, "You misinterpreted what I said, child, you are a bigger part in a machine, all soldiers are important for the same reason. You however chose to sacrifice twenty-three of your fellow soldiers to save your own hide. Let me tell you about hypothermia, since you're an arctic Kitsune, you can take extremely cold temperatures. Initial readings were negative sixty-two degrees. Turns out we were reading the temperature gauge wrong, it's negative ninety-four degrees." Yoshio gulped, "That's Fahrenheit, right?" Balthoron's voice spoke up, "You'd be [censored] if it was, but no, it's not. We don't use that kind of measurement in the military. Anyhow, if you can figure out how to work one of the stasis pods, I'm sure you could save yourself. But I'd hurry if I were you, you should start shivering at any moment now."

Yoshio ran to one of the stasis pods and the cold seeped through his armor and his fur, causing him to start to shiver uncontrollably and Balthoron spoke up, "Stage One Hypothermia is starting to set in, I can hear the shaking from here. You should start breathing faster at any minute while you become hungry and more nauseated at the same time. By the way, because of your desire to save yourself, another Section from Third Company was wiped out." Yoshio spoke up, "Sh-sh-shut u-u-up." Balthoron sighed, "Looks like the Private finally grew a pair, but it's too late, Yoshio." Yoshio started to become slightly confused as to what was going on around him, "Wh-where am I-I-I? H-h-how'd I e-e-end up h-h-here?" His stomach started to feel like it was doing flips as he started to feel a bit more tired."

Balthoron sighed, "Don't give up, Yoshio, you can still save yourself. Jessie, do a scan on the pods, see if you can't remotely open one." Jessie spoke up over the communicator, "I apologize Balthoron, but in the time it would take me to hack into the systems from here, Yoshio will have died from hypothermia, his medical implants have indicated that his core temperature is thirty-three degrees and falling alarmingly fast." Yoshio's shivering became far more violent, he walked away from the stasis pod, unsure of what he was doing in this cryo chamber. He moved slowly and stumbled a bit, as he looked for someplace warm, "F-f-fire... n-n-need... f-f-fire..." Jessie spoke up, "Stage Two hypothermia has set in, at the current rate of temperature drop, Yoshio will be dead in less than ten minutes."

Yoshio's shivering immediately stopped and he started to feel warm once more, he thought that he had finally found the warmth that he sought out. Jessie sighed over the communicator, as Yoshio tripped over his own feet, "His heart rate is in the low thirties, and his body temperature has fallen to thirty degrees, Stage Three has set in. Fatal Hypothermia will grip him soon. Anything you wish to say to him before he dies?" Balthoron sighed, "Yoshio, I'm sorry that I brought you on this operation." Yoshio couldn't remember anything about an operation, or even leaving the base. He looked at his clothing and felt that it was restrictive and overheating him and he started tearing his armor and clothing off. Before he could finish, his eyes closed and he fell into a coma, the last thing that Yoshio experienced was a short dream, of his mother back home.

As Yoshio died, the commuincator sounded off, "Well Third Company is completely wiped out, I wonder if the bioweapon will go after First Company or Fourth Company next." Jessie spoke up, "I feel bad for Yoshio. Do you think he died peacefully?" Balthoron sighed, "No, no I do not, I do not believe his spirit is at ease either. His heart knows what he did and he feels guilty about it, but there is nothing that we can do." Jessie sighed, "Yoshio, if you can hear me, I'm sorry for everything that has happened to you. You were young and you panicked, but that panicking had cost you your life." Balthoron sighed, "I promise that your body will be recovered and sent back to your mother, it might take a while, but you have my word on that one. I hope you have a better life in the next life..."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#11 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 10

Marcus continued to explore the underwater depths of Sector Four, his squadron had linked up with another one and formed a section, since they were sure that the bioweapon wasn't amphibious, they had split up to investigate the underwater areas in order to try to find something that was worthwhile, suddenly Marcus' communicator crackled to life, "It's been five hours so far and all that's been accomplished is that we lost half the force that we arrived with, two of which not even to... three... Marcus, someone in your section just drowned." Marcus sighed, "Well... [censored]. Where's the body?" Jessie spoke up, "The body is in a large tank. Will you go investigate." Marcus nodded, "Sure thing." He walked out of the room he was and started to swim in his armor, towards a door that lead to a rather large tank that he could only surmise was for breeding.

He saw that the door was open and swam through it, to find the corpse of a Neko floating in the water. He felt terrible about this person's demise and grabbed her corpse, swimming to the surface with it and upon reaching the surface, taking off his rebreather, as it would be useless to him now. As he swam to the edge of the tank, something hit the hand he was carrying his rebreather in and he sighed, "Well [censored]." Marcus concentrated on placing the corpse on dry land first, swimming to the edge of the tank. Upon reaching the edge, he pulled himself up, and then dragged the corpse out of the water, where he took one of the dogtags from the corpse and placed it in a pouch, "This will remain safe with me, you won't be forgotten Sasha, I promise you this." Marcus looked back at the tank, "My rebreather fell in pretty deep, I wouldn't be able to get it, Colonel, can you redirect one of my men to find my rebreather?"

Balthoron's voice spoke up, "Sure thing, but why don't you use your fallen comrade's?" Marcus sighed, "Because, sir, her drowning is a sure sign that says that something happened to her rebreather." Balthoron nodded, "Alright then." The line went silent for a moment and Balthoron spoke up again, "Private Jenkins is on his way to retrieve it for you." Marcus nodded, "I hope Leroy doesn't get himself into any trouble." Marcus watched as a figure under the water appeared in the tank and started to swim towards his rebreather, unfortunately, he saw something grab the figure and start to violently shake it, blood seeping to the top of the water and turning it red. Marcus knew exactly what that meant and held his breath while quietly moving away from the tank.

He quietly reached a door and left the room itself before placing a finger on his communicator and whispered into it, "Sir, the bioweapon is an excellent swimmer. It's currently in front of the only exit to the whole underwater area and there's no way to get my section out, I'm sorry." Balthoron's voice sounded quietly over the communicator, "I'm not going to risk lives to get them out of there, I know you don't want to leave your men behind, but form up with another section in Sector Four." Marcus nodded and started to quietly move through the corridors of Sector Four, the eerie silence was making him more afraid than knowing that his comrades were dying and that there was nothing that he could do about it, if this thing didn't die by fire or by drowning, how could it be killed, he wondered silently.

Marcus got an idea and pulled out the knife in his belt, and placed his gun on his belt, before placing his finger on his communicator, "Sir, with all due respect, I don't think I'm going to make it to another section. Tell me where it is and I'll try to wound it, if it can't be wounded, we must try to eject it into space. If it can, we should continue our tries to kill it." Balthoron sighed, "Lieutenant, you realize that you will be giving up your life in a foolhardy attempt to kill this thing on your own." Marcus nodded slightly, "I know, but at least I won't die in vain. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to lead this creature to another section. Tell me where it is." Balthoron sighed, "I'm honored to have people like you in the Raptors, if you're really dead set on finding out if we can kill this thing with our weapons, then let's do it."

Marcus nodded, "Thank you, sir. I won't let you do." Balthoron spoke over his communicator, "Alright, I think I can help you out here, the creature is heading your way, Marcus." Marcus nodded and stayed behind the wall that he was up against, knife in his hand, he whispered, "Tell me when it's right on top of me, I'll plunge my knife into what should be the thing's eye." Balthoron whispered back, "Thirty seconds." Marcus waited, the moment was extremely tense as Balthoron whispered, "Twenty seconds." Marcus could feel his heart start beating faster and harder, his breathing slowed down considerably as this happened, he was scared, but right now, this was his only chance to prove if this creature could even be harmed or not. Balthoron whispered over his communicator, "Ten... nine... eight... seven... six... five... four... three... two... one... now!"

Marcus wheeled about the corner and jammed the knife into the side of the front of the light distortion's highest point, he heard a shriek of pain, which sounded over his communicator as blood of an unfamiliar color oozed out of the wound and down the distortion's head. Marcus backed up and grabbed his pistol, firing at the other side, and another shriek of pain sounded, however, before he could fire another shot, an intense pain shot through his chest and out his back, and he looked down with a smile, "You... can... be killed... you son of a... [censored] [censored]..." Marcus coughed as he felt an intense pressure on his head, "I have... no... regr..." Marcus was cut off as the creature decapitated him, the last thing he heard was Balthoron's voice sounding off on it, "The bioweapon can be killed! The bioweapon can be killed! All troops, focus on trying to hit soft targets on the bioweapon!"

Akira110
Literary Artist

#12 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 11

The Kitsune Major in charge of Sector Four placed his finger on his communicator, "Excuse me sir, attack the soft bits of the bioweapon, which by the way, we cannot even see?" Balthoron's voice spoke over the communicator, "That... might complicate things a bit, I got so caught up in the fact that Marcus actually harmed the creature that I forgot that no one is able to see the damn thing." The Major sighed, "With all due respect, sir, I think that the AI should be able to handle these matters from now own. I'm starting to worry about you, besides, how do we know that Marcus was even able to blind the creature in the first place?" Balthoron sighed over the communicator, the Major knew what that meant, "You never gave the thought that it might have more than two eyes any consideration, did you, sir?" Balthoron spoke over the communicator, "No, I didn't, Major."

Major Misawa sighed slightly and looked at his men, "Alright, the creature is probably going to be trying to escape from us, do not pursue unless I say so, alright?" The soldiers in his section nodded, "Sir, yes, sir." Major Misawa sighed slightly as they resumed their patrol, soon, one of the soldiers spoke up, "Sir, your last name is the same as the man who kicked off the original Kitsune Civil War." The Major sighed slightly, "Yes, I know, yes, I'm the descendant of Mamoru Misawa, the man that killed the king of the Kitsune that got Masaru in charge, who wound up kicking off a second civil war, which caused my ancestor to team up with one of the legendary heroes, to put a stop to. Is there anything else anyone would like to ask about my lineage?" A young soldier spoke up, "But isn't it true that your grandmother is a clone?"

Major Misawa sighed and looked at his dogtags, on it was written, Maj. Yoshiro Misawa, he was named by his mother after the Legendary Hero, Yoshiro. Yoshiro looked back at the soldier, "I was named after the man my grandmother was cloned by, and I better not hear you talk [censored] about my mother for being a clone, or when we get back, you will have latrine duty for a month." Yoshiro sighed and continued forward, with his section close behind him, he found the chatter amongst his men to be rather distracting, but he knew it comforted them. He wished that he had his namesake's courage and ability to get out of situations like this, but he knew that he would have to make do with his own ability and the ability of the soldiers under his command. Even if it meant that he himself would die, and from what he could judge from the fact that the battalion was over half wiped out, it seemed like a high probability.

Jessie spoke up over the communicator, "Another section in Sector Four just went dark, Major. The bioweapon is close to your area." Yoshiro nodded slightly and grabbed the hilt of the sword he was carrying and drew it, though he was a mercenary first, he was also a Paladin, and would fight this creature like one. Yoshiro sniffed the air, "Command, I can smell it... where is it right now?" Jessie spoke up over the communicator, "Right on top of your position... about one deck above you. I think it knows..." Yoshiro looked at his men, "Scatter!" His section ran to form a circle around a location as they saw the deck above them be cut into, suddenly they heard a kick and watched as a circular piece of metal clanged on the deck they were on. Yoshiro motioned with his head, upward, and one of his men pulled out a grenade, activated it and threw it up there.

As the grenade detonated, a soldier asked, "Did we get it?" Yoshiro's ear twitched and he turned around to avoid a distortion in the light that signaled that it was the bioweapon, immediately as he ducked, the area around him became filled with weapons fire aimed at the bloodied area on the bioweapon, unfortunately, this only changed the interest in the bioweapon's attention and as Yoshiro stood back up, he watched as one of his men was lifted into the air, blood running down another distortion, that he couldn't quite make out the shape of. He called into his communicator, "This is Major Misawa, we're engaged with the enemy, any section that is close by, come assist!" A voice spoke, "This is third section, we'll be there in two minutes."

Yoshiro didn't just sit back and watch, he brought his sword across the distortion and suddenly heard the bioweapon shriek out in pain and blood start oozing from the wound. He moved out of the way of an attack from the bioweapon and struck at what had attacked him, however he heard a distinct metal on metal sound this time, "That's not possible... how." Yoshiro moved to avoid an attack, but this time wasn't as fortunate as his offhand arm was caught. Pain seared through him as blood started to pour out of his wound, "I'm not going to make the two minutes, when you guys get here, avenge me." Yoshiro moved under another attack and this time struck at the creature with a thrusting motion, the sword hit the creature, but didn't achieve any sort of penetration.

The bioweapon on the other hand had no such issues with Yoshiro, the last thing Yoshiro ever felt was something entering the center of the top of his head, before everything went black for him. As his lifeless body hit the ground, the reinforcements arrived and started to fire at the bioweapon. The reinforcements were not any help to the already thinned out section that the bioweapon was in the process of destroying and though a few hits were achieved that did some damage to the bioweapon, ultimately the two sections would be annihilated by the bioweapon. Yoshiro's communicator crackled to life one final time as the bioweapon walked towards him, with the intent to eat the corpse, "Fourth Company is two sections away from a Code Black..."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#13 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 12

Balthoron looked at his shotgun and took the clip out of it, checking on the amount of ammo that he had in it. He then made sure that there wasn't a shell chambered in the weapon, before he began to his routine weapons check, Jessie spoke up, "You're not planning on going out there, are you?" Balthoron shook his head, "We still have a single company standing, Fourth Company is almost wiped out and they need someone here to be mission control." Jessie nodded her holographic head, "Your weapon doesn't seem to be listed in any database that I've ever seen." Balthoron looked down the iron sights of the weapon to check if the aim was still right, "That's because it's not, this is a fully customized shotgun that only someone like me can handle." Jessie tilted her holographic head, "Someone like you, aren't you being a little cocky and pretentious with that statement?"

Balthoron shook his head, "I'm a third-generation Kawal-type super soldier, my father was a second-generation and my grandfather was a first-generation. Being mixed in with non-super soldier blood, my father lost much of what made my grandfather what he was. Dad only inherited Grandfather's speed, durability and endurance, though with Erasmus' training, he was able to achieve Grandfather's strength. He could only access the speed when he stopped consciously thinking and entered flight or fight mode. I merely inherited Dad's endurance and durability, my daughter would've been the first generation in my line that was clean of the super soldier genetics and I was happy about that. This shotgun, being a kinetic projectile weapon has recoil." Jessie looked at him, "That's a kinetic weapon? I didn't think those were still in use today." Balthoron nodded, "This violates some laws on Terra, something they call Conventions of War or something, so this technically isn't allowed to be fired in human territory."

Jessie looked at him, "What is the weapon and aren't we in human territory?" Balthoron shook his head, "Since the Menschilche in stasis are alive, albeit barely, this is still Menschilche territory and they have no laws against a shard gun." Jessie looked surprised, even for an AI, "A shard gun!?" Balthoron nodded and started to disassemble his weapon as Jessie spoke, "Fourth Section of Fourth Company the bioweapon is closing in on your location, Sixth Section, meet up with Fourth Section and form a Platoon, hurry." Balthoron inspected each of the parts individually and started to clean them as Jessie spoke up, "The remaining Platoon of Fourth Company has been formed and the bioweapon is still moving closer." Balthoron had a bit of a thought, "The only wounds that were inflicted on the bioweapon were with bladed weapons, when the bioweapon cried out in pain, there wasn't gunfire from the person that was closest, have them use their knives."

Jessie nodded and spoke up, "Attention, all soldiers, guns are useless against the bioweapon, use bladed weaponry in order to cause damage to the creature." Balthoron heard one of the soldiers speak up, "That's suicide! Are you and Balthoron trying to get us killed!?" Balthoron called out, "Do you honestly think that two whole companies and the rest of your company failed to hurt this thing with weapons fire, and that now, you're suddenly hurting this thing?" The soldier cut off his communicator and Balthoron sighed, "Chalk up Fourth Company as being Code Black." Jessie looked at him, "But there is no way that you know this, Balthoron." Balthoron started to reassemble his weapon, "I do, actually. In fifteen seconds, they will encounter the bioweapon, they will be dead within two minutes."

Jessie's hologram walked over to a corner of the room that had a readout of the stars in the sky, "How do you know this?" Balthoron tapped his helmet, "I created a link up with the map that we're using in my helmet, I can keep track of all of the soldiers through the motion detectors in the station." Jessie turned around, "But how did you do this without my knowledge?" Balthoron chuckled, "Because that chip I put into the computer is part of the linkup, I had a data readout on my visor the entire time, it's just not as large as yours." Jessie sighed slightly, "You are an interesting specimen, Balthoron. You seem to be prepared for every occasion." Balthoron nodded, "Which is why I brought the shard gun." Jessie nodded, "So you never told me why you are the only one in this unit that can handle it."

Balthoron shrugged, "It's simple really, the first shotgun I ever used was kinetic, it busted my arm up, though it blew off my brother's hand. It was from that moment that I got training in how to hold the thing properly in order to stop the recoil from damaging my arm. On top of that, when I got my implants upgraded, I had a recoil dampening system installed into my right arm, I could hypothetically fire this shotgun with one arm. The problem is, with the amount of kickback this weapon provides, I still need my other arm to not completely mess up my arm." Jessie nodded, "So how does the weapon work?" Balthoron looked at it and chambered the first round, before setting the safety to on, "Simple, the shell bursts and the weapon fires off shards of sharpened metal. It's designed as an anti-bioweapon weapon."

Jessie nodded, "What's the choke on it?" Balthoron smiled and placed it on the ground, "Ten meters will be a full on hit, whatever I hit with this weapon, will be shredded to point of being unrecognizable. Like I said, it's only purpose is to be used against bioweapons like the one we're dealing with, mere super soldiers are now a different class and it's against the laws of war to use something like this against them." Jessie nodded, "So you really are prepared for any occasion, Balthoron..." Balthoron nodded slightly, "Of course I am, by the way, the bioweapon is working its way into Sector One, pretty soon it'll come in contact with First Company, hopefully they listened to us and started to get their bladed weaponry out." Jessie nodded as well, "I don't know if they did, but I guess we're about to find out."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#14 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 13

Forty minutes have passed and Adalwulf heard the last of the communications from First Company die out, "Well, we're the last section on this station..." One of the soldiers spoke up, "So it's up to us to kill this thing?" Adalwulf nodded sadly, "Aye, it is." He swore in his mother tongue under his breath though, "Ich werde aber nicht ficken kampflos sterben." Annaliese nodded, "Neither will I, ancestor." Adalwulf nodded slightly, "Remember what the Colonel said, our guns are useless against the thing." Adalwulf changed his eye's sight to thermal imaging, "I'll keep track of it. It's closing by the way, about three hundred meters, through that corridor, it knows we're here." Adalwulf tensed up, he wasn't a warblood like his cousin, Walthari, he got the forge blood like Killian did, but his mind couldn't concentrate very effectively on the ability to use magic at a time like this.

He watched as the heat signature of the bioweapon entered the chamber that they were in, "Kill the lights and use night vision." The lights were shut off and Adalwulf pointed at the rest of his own squad and pointed at the creature, giving a slashing motion with his hand to say that they should slash with their machetes. He watched as their heat signatures went towards the bioweapon's heat signature, but then noticed the head of the bioweapon lift into the air, he knew what that meant and called out quietly, "Halt!" Adalwulf watched as the creature suddenly lashed out, decapitating one of the men, before he even had a chance to say anything, "Attack!" He watched as his troops rushed the bioweapon, there were deep wounds on the bioweapon's body, but nothing was fatal, unfortunately, his squadron was wiped out, before his very eyes, "Let's retreat for now..."

Annaliese frowned, "That's not a very Lupine thing to do. Come on men, let's finish this thing off!" Adalwulf tried to grab his descendant, but couldn't as she charged with the rest of her soldiers towards the creature, the soldiers were quickly killed, but Annaliese fought well with an axe, reminding Adalwulf of Walthari in combat while he wasn't berserk. She dodged and ducked attacks, scoring great hits on the bioweapon, he could see the creature become more and more frantic in its attacks. Causing Annaliese to move out of the way, Adalwulf wondered silently if she was a psionic, as he watched her charge back in, striking at the neck of the creature, her attack never connected. Adalwulf watched in sheer horror as the creature impaled her through the neck and tossed her corpse away, in that instant, Adalwulf couldn't move, he was scared, angry and deeply saddened at the same time.

Time slowed down for him, his heartbeat seemed to go from over a hundred beats per minute to about one beat every two. His mind flashed with his overconfidence at the battle of Hayat, he saw Yoshiro standing over his bed, telling him that if he wanted to kill himself, he would have the opportunity. Then he flashed to the point where he talked to Killian, shortly after Walthari died if he could be the first living Verbanan to be placed into stasis as he just wanted to get away from this era. Then he remembered waking to see the reincarnations of his cousins, as well as his commanding officer, Balthoron. Then he saw the face of Ebert, the man who sacrificed himself so long ago to save his life. He realized that he always spent his life getting people killed and running away from his problems... but no more.

As time started to resume to normal, every bit of his feelings were replaced by rage as he lifted his hand and a pillar of rock impaled the creature and pinned it to a wall as he turned the lights on with another rock. Adalwulf started throwing up more and more rock pillars through the bioweapon, hitting what he thought would be vital organs on a more conventional target, but the bioweapon didn't seem to die, it just continued to struggle. Adalwulf spoke coldly, "I will find where your heart is... and I will rip the damn thing out myself." As Adalwulf moved his hand, again though, nothing rose from the ground and he knew what that meant, "Fine then..." Adalwulf drew his axe and swung it hard, planting it deep into the bioweapon's face. He watched as blood oozed from all of the wounds on the creature and walked away.

As he left the chamber, he walked down the hallway, "It's dead..." Jessie spoke up, "Did you confirm that it's dead?" Adalwulf sighed, "It's pinned to the way by no less than fourteen stalagmites and I planted an axe into its face for good measure." Jessie spoke over the communicator, "Uh... wow... just... uh... there are no words to describe this." Balthoron spoke over the communicator, "Cousin, aren't you a forgeblood?" Adalwulf nodded, "Yeah, why do you ask?" Balthoron sighed, "Normally, forgebloods can't go berserk like you just did." Adalwulf tilted his head, "I went berserk? Might have something to do with the fact that you and I are not only the only survivors of this station disaster, but, the fact that my descendant was killed by the bioweapon before my very eyes, so yes, if you don't mind, I'm a little [censored] pissed right now!"

Jessie nodded, "Calm down and come to the Operations room. By the way, you're sure you stopped the heart of the creature or destroyed the brain?" Adalwulf sighed, "Not entirely, why?" Jessie sighed, "I almost finished with the entire file on the bioweapon that was being designed here, it's designed with incredible regenerative ability as long as it keeps ingesting biomass and its brain or heart are not destroyed." Adalwulf sighed, "So that thing is probably still alive, huh?" Jessie nodded, "There's a high probability and you're unarmed at the moment, come to the operations room, we can find a way to get you armed here. It'll be a lot better if you were able to fight during the final stand." Adalwulf shook his head, "I'm going to have to disobey that order, I've been leaving things unfinished for too long. I'm heading to Sector Six..." Balthoron spoke up, "You're planning on jettisoning that thing out into space... aren't you?" Adalwulf nodded, "Yes. I should have time to get there before it gets free."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#15 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 14

Adalwulf ran through the station's corridors, not looking behind him or slowing down. The Lupine placed his finger onto his communicator as his hand hit his rebreather, "[censored]." Jessie spoke up, "What happened?" Adalwulf sighed, "Well, this is going to be a one way trip now. Knocked my rebreather off and I don't have time to pick it back up." Balthoron's voice spoke over the communicator, "If you listen to what I say, you'll be able to survive and get back into the station, but for now, focus on getting to the entrance to Sector Six." Adalwulf nodded and ran through Sector Two, he ducked and weaved through the jungle habitat on his way through the place, noticing the blood stains that were comrades that had been killed by the bioweapon itself, he didn't let this unsettle him in the least as he continued to run through the station.

As Adalwulf came to the entrance of Sector Four, he noticed blood splatters on the walls almost immediately. He didn't slow his pace though, not knowing if the bioweapon had escaped from the predicament that he put the thing in. Adalwulf ran through the corridors of Sector Four, he could hear the water moving gently in the tanks in the rooms near him, but he paid no mind as he continued his pace through the station. Eventually, his foot slipped out from under him on a pool of blood and he landed back first on it, "Ungh!" Balthoron spoke up, "Don't worry cousin, the bioweapon has only started to free itself, besides it'll feed before it comes after you, you have plenty of time to get to the blast door that is keeping Sector Six sealed off from the rest of the station." Adalwulf nodded and picked himself back up, before running to the entrance of Sector Six.

Adalwulf sighed slightly as he looked at the blast door, "So this is it, huh... I always lived in the shadow of my cousins, always looked up to Yoshiro as this great hero..." Adalwulf closed his eyes slightly as Balthoron spoke up, "For what it's worth, Adalwulf, I'm proud of you... you were one of my finest soldiers, I promise that I'll find some way to recover your body." Adalwulf nodded, "Yeah... hey, Balthoron... did your father say anything about me before he died?" Balthoron sighed, "He called you an idiot who would rush into situations without thinking and getting people killed while you survived. The first time you didn't do something like that, everyone around you died anyhow and now your number is up." Adalwulf nodded, "At least I'll finally die the hero that I've always wanted to be, you know..."

Jessie spoke up, "The creature is free and currently feasting on the remainder of First Company." Adalwulf sighed slightly, "Just thinking of that thing eating my descendant fills me with rage, but I have no more mana to attack it, I'm weaponless, I'm magicless, but I'm not helpless. Through my final action, I swear that this creature will die." Balthoron spoke over the communicator, "It's not too late, you know, you can duck through sector five real quick and go through sector three to get to sector one and come to the operations room." Adalwulf sighed, "Even if you found me a way to get through Sector Five without getting hypothermia, I've made my decision. This is where I will make my final stand, my final move against this creature." Jessie spoke over the communicator, "The creature has finished eating, it's coming your way, Adalwulf, and it's moving quite fast."

Adalwulf nodded and placed his hand on the keypad, "What's the code?" Jessie spoke up, "Four-Seven-Nine-Five-Four-Three-Eight-Zero-One-Five." Adalwulf nodded and inserted the code into the keypad, a compartment opened to reveal an emergency open switch lever and Adalwulf grabbed it. Adalwulf waited, "So all I have to do is hold my breath?" Balthoron sighed, "No, Adalwulf, that's a terrible idea. Your lungs would rupture immediately, which would make your final moments of consciousness extremely painful, if brief from my end." Adalwulf nodded, "So hyperventilate and remove the air from my lungs first?" Balthoron spoke up, "Yes, that's what you wish to do, you'll have about fifteen seconds of consciousness, but to you, it will feel like an eternity." Adalwulf looked towards the corridor, "Where is the creature now?" Jessie spoke up, "Sector Four, after pressure is lost in that area, the automatic override will kick in and close the blast door. If you want your body to be recoverable, walk behind it."

Adalwulf nodded, "So the seal between Sector Four and Sector Six will be restored?" Jessie spoke up, "Yes, by the way, start hyperventilating." Adalwulf started to hyperventilate, as he saw a heat signature head his way. He felt a bit light headed but eventually released all of his air as the heat signature entered the same room as him, he didn't speak any words as he threw the switch. The door opened suddenly and the air rushed out of the room rapidly, Adalwulf taking the opportunity to let go and jump through the doorway, when on the other side, he noticed the artificial gravity wasn't working in Sector Six and as the blast door slammed shut silently, he noticed he couldn't hear anything. What Balthoron said was true though, time slowed down significantly for him as his past flashed before his eyes.

He suddenly saw himself in front of Bruno when he told him that he was going to fight alongside the Kitsune in the war against the Menschilche bioweapons. He had no idea that the war was ultimately about revenge. Suddenly he saw his cousin's wife, Shaelyn before his very eyes, telling him that she felt sorry for him. Then it flashed to a more recent time, he looked upon the face of his own wife, he wasn't ever going to get to see her again and he was filled with regret that he'd never get to see her or his children again. The oxygen was rapidly leaving his blood and the images faded away as he turned his head slightly and silently gazed at the stars a final time, before the darkness ate away at his vision. Before he fully lost consciousness, his final thought was, "A beautiful sight... to die to..."