Embers of Hatred(Violence/Language/Blood)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: Iron Will March(Violence/Language/Blood)

#16 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 15

Yoshiro walked into the prison camp and sighed slightly as he was approached by one of the guards, "Sir, we weren't expecting you." Yoshiro nodded slightly, "Of course not. I'm here to conduct an interrogation of one of the prisoners." The guard nodded, "Yes, sir." Yoshiro walked into the building and walked to one of the cells, he knocked gently on the door, "Your name please." The voice inside spoke up, "Private Kiyomi Tsukino." Yoshiro nodded, "Private Tsukino, you are aware of what is going to happen now, right?" The woman inside looked at him and immediately started to panic, Yoshiro stepped away from the door and pointed to a guard, "I need your keycard." The guard nodded and walked over to the door, sliding his keycard and giving a retinal scan, the door unlocked and Yoshiro opened it, to the female Kitsune rushing him. Yoshiro caught the Kitsune in a hug, "I know what you're going through, kiddo."

The woman called out, "You're the Grim Reaper! You're taking me to be executed!" Yoshiro sighed, "I wouldn't be hugging you right now if I was, cousin." Kiyomi looked at him, "Wait... what?" Yoshiro broke the hug, "You are of Shigeru Tsukino's line, yes?" Kiyomi nodded, "Yes, I am." Yoshiro nodded and motioned towards a hallway, "Would you care to walk with me, we're not going far and I just want to ask you some questions. Feel free to ask me questions as well." Kiyomi looked at him, "Aiko said that you're a heartless murderer who takes joy in killing people, especially prisoners." Yoshiro laughed at that, "If those are the rumors that are being spread about me, then perhaps I'll be able to end wars without having to fire a single shot." Yoshiro walked with Kiyomi who looked up at him, "What?"

Yoshiro frowned, "I hate war, I always have, but... something in my blood that I never understood until recently kept me coming back to it." As the two of them reached the room, Yoshiro opened the door and looked at the guard, "You stand post, we'll be fine. Oh and can you order her something to eat, anything she wants, and a drink, again, anything she wants." Kiyomi frowned, "I want a flank of Nashorn and some Sake, oh and those violet potatoes." The guard nodded and Yoshiro entered the room, gesturing to a chair, "Please, have a seat." Kiyomi sat down in the chair, "You're Amaterasu Sano's son, aren't you?" Yoshiro shook his head, "Grandson, actually. I take it that this is your first time having been captured by your enemy?" Kiyomi nodded slightly, "Yes, it's a bit scary." Yoshiro lifted his shirt in back and turned to show the scars, "The Galactic Accords prevent things like this from happening to you. But even if they didn't exist, if I found out a guard was doing something like this, I'd throw them out."

Kiyomi looked at him as her food and drink was brought in, "What happened?" Yoshiro put his shirt back down, "I didn't cooperate with my captors and wouldn't give them the information they wanted, so they took searing hot blades to my back and cut into me. They tortured me for six months, my arm was broken at one point in four different places, it was horrible. It's why I was one of the authors of the Galactic Accords, so no one would have to go through what I did, ever again." Kiyomi started to eat as Yoshiro sat down in his chair, "I'm not going to lie to you, I am the Grim Reaper. I'm very good at my job, but what people don't see is the aftermath of my job. Soldiers like you have it easy, you can make out the enemy military to be a bunch of mindless drones or beasts, I on the other hand know my target inside and out. I know that the person on the other end of my scope is no beast, but a person with friends and family."

Kiyomi nodded, "So why are you telling me this?" Yoshiro sighed, "Because you and I want the same exact thing, kid. The end of the war. I already know where Aiko is holed up, but I'm not about to risk it all on a guess as to her military strength." Kiyomi shook her head, "You already know what strength she has, she's already lost most of her troops and there are two separate militaries bearing down on her. However, she wants to be the one to personally kill you, we were sent in to kill your pilots and capture you." Yoshiro shook his head, "You had help from a traitor, who had been dealt with." Kiyomi nodded, "I heard that you killed him." Yoshiro sighed, "He left me no choice, an attempted assassination on the leader of a sovereign nation..." Kiyomi sighed, "So you just straight up killed him, huh?"

Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah, I didn't want to, but, like I said, he tried to kill me." Kiyomi nodded, "So why do all of this if you hate it?" Yoshiro sighed, "I'm not a normal soldier, I'm not a war blood either." Kiyomi blinked, "Wait... you're..." Yoshiro nodded, "A naturally occurring Super Soldier, I'm the descendant of one of the many super soldier projects that the Menschilche were kicking around..." Kiyomi looked down, "It must be hard, not being able to escape from the battlefield." Yoshiro looked at the ceiling, "Yeah, tell you what. The law says that I'm allowed to keep you here until the end of hostilities, however... I'm willing to let you kids go, if you sign a contract that you will rejoin Masaru's military, if not straight up just leave the military altogether." Kiyomi blinked, "Why?"

Yoshiro looked back down at her, "Simple, you're what? A hundred and thirty?" Kiyomi frowned, "Yeah... close to that." Yoshiro folded his arms, "When I was eighty-five, I found out what it was like to kill someone, it changed me radically. I was much like Reiko when I was younger, but a strong sense of justice compelled me to join the guards, it was this that led me to ultimately kill my own half-brother. An event that I have yet to recover from..." Kiyomi nodded, "So you're letting us go... so we can avoid becoming like you?" Yoshiro nodded, "That's about the gist of it, really. Unless you would really like to stay in the prison camp." Kiyomi shook her head, "Thank you, Yoshiro. But what should I do?" Yoshiro smirked, "Go back to school, do anything you set your heart to, just leave the military." Kiyomi nodded, "I always wanted to be a florist..." Yoshiro nodded, "Go do that then."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#17 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 16

Yoshiro sat in his office, working on the briefing that he would be giving later that week, it was finally time to end this war, once and for all. He looked at his datapad and picked up his coffee, sipping it. He closed his eyes and sighed, "This isn't what you would want, my nakama... but it's what I want..." He placed the datapad on the table and smelled his coffee, taking in the rich aroma as he did so. He opened his eyes upon hearing some noise on the outside of his office, a voice saying, "Hey! You're not supposed to be here!" Yoshiro grabbed at his gun when the door flew open, revealing Emiko on the other side, looking rather pissed off, "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Yoshiro." Yoshiro took his hand from the weapon, seeing who it was, "Why are you here? You know this isn't a place for civilians, even if they're deities!"

Emiko angrily stormed over and grabbed Yoshiro's pendant, and then placed her hand on Yoshiro's head, "Shut up and listen to her!" Suddenly Yoshiro found himself in a realm he wasn't aware of, he looked around, "What the... am I dead?" Katriina's voice spoke up, "No, not yet." Yoshiro turned to look at her, "But you're here and this isn't a dream... how am I... here?" Yoshiro looked at his hand and then back at her as she sighed, "You managed to annoy Emiko so much that she got tired of your shenanigans, to be fair this whole thing about revenge isn't like you, and it worries me. I've been following you ever since I sacrificed my life for you, I've been watching you ever since that day. You've always fought to protect people, even if you didn't know them or didn't care about them. You still fought for them."

Yoshiro looked away, "When Rogelio was murdered... that changed..." Katriina looked at him and folded her arms, "Is losing one man really worth all of this, you formed your own military nation and pretty much made a total [censored] of yourself, Yoshiro. Rogelio wouldn't have wanted this, you're right about that, he doesn't want this. You chose this path, knowing what it would bring." Yoshiro nodded, "And I intend to see it through, Katriina. I could justify my decision with the fact that Aiko's a threat to people, that she's more dangerous than I am, than anyone I've ever faced before... but in reality, I just want to cut her [censored] head off and put it on a pike for the entire [censored] world to see for what she's done to me." Katriina nodded, "That's the problem, what happened to the man that took my baby sister in as his own daughter."

Yoshiro thought back to Mariita, "She'd be ashamed of what I'm doing... I suspect they all are. I know Mom is... I'm fairly certain Reiko is. Dad thinks he does a good job of hiding it, but I see the way he looks at me. He's afraid that I'll walk down the same path that he did when he was younger." Katriina looked at him, "Despite all of this, you choose the path of revenge... yet you haven't allowed yourself to be so consumed, that you'd kill everyone in your path." Yoshiro shrugged, "I was trained by the Paladinic Order. Even if there is no one around to witness my deeds, no one around to hear about it, even if no one will ever know. I'll know, if I've done the wrong thing... because one thing I've learned is to always be honest with myself, to never lie to myself, because that brings on disaster."

Katriina nodded, "You're wiser than I have given you credit for... I saw what you did with that prisoner, in case you were wondering. You could've kept her locked up, no one would've blamed you, but you released her and the entire group on the grounds that they leave the war for good." Yoshiro nodded, "Could've done a number of things, but... those children, they deserved better than this life I had chosen for myself. I watched men, women and children die... I once held a child as he died on the way to the infirmary... that kind of [censored] changes a person for the rest of their life. It's something you never forget. These kids are lucky, their main weapon are guns... none of them will ever know the look in someone's eyes as they die from their weapon going through them. Honestly, I hope they never do."

Katriina nodded, "So you're dead set on killing your half-sister for killing Rogelio?" Yoshiro nodded, "For Anastasie, this war is about taking back the temple of one of her deities and protecting her people. For Masaru, this war is about reuniting the Kitsune kingdom. For me, it's about revenge, that's all it ever was." Katriina nodded, "Then get revenge, but you will find that it doesn't satisfy you." Yoshiro nodded, "I'm aware, Katriina. But Aiko has to die, it doesn't matter by whose hand, I would just much rather it be my blood soaked hands, than by the hand of someone young and innocent." Katriina smiled softly, "Even as far into darkness as you are, you still think about other people, you still fight your battles so that no one else has to." Yoshiro nodded, "Someone will have to eventually, might as well be me, right?"

Katriina nodded as she started to fade away, "Emiko is bringing you back to the land of the living." Yoshiro found himself back in his office and looked at Emiko, "Why'd you do that?" Emiko frowned, "Because, my great-grandson, she was complaining to me constantly. I guess it doesn't matter. She says that you've chosen your path and nothing is going to take you from it." Yoshiro nodded, "When Aiko is dead, I plan on walking away from this. I want to explore... to go beyond our planet and find new worlds." Emiko shook her head, "You're drawn to combat by the blood that flows through your veins, you are the son of Kawal and nothing will ever change that, Yoshiro." Yoshiro nodded, "Then perhaps I can stop fighting wars like this and start fighting the right battles, battles to truly protect people, instead of kill them." Emiko smirked, "That's the spirit."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#18 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 17

Yoshiro looked out amongst all of the soldiers and pilots that were gathered in the briefing room, "Good morning everyone." Yoshiro folded his arms and nodded to Caladwen who turned on the holoprojector, "I guess we might was well get this briefing started, huh?" Yoshiro pointed to the images that appeared next to him, "As you all probably know, this is a tower that is quite sacred to the fairy people. What none of you know is that this won't be the first time I will be going to this tower." Caladwen turned to him, "Surely you're not serious? You're a General, your place is here." Yoshiro looked at Caladwen, "While that is true, Aiko is expecting me at the top of the tower. She has already ordered her troops not to fire upon me, or Julius." Caladwen frowned, "How can you be so sure, Yoshiro?" Yoshiro shook his head, "She wants to kill me... as I want to kill her."

Yoshiro continued, "We will be launching a three pronged simultaneous attack with the Kitsune Military's remnants and the Fairy Military. The idea is to hopefully drive the forces south, into the waiting arms of the Kani, who, despite being neutral will take prisoners of these soldiers. As for pilots, your job is to ensure aerial superiority, I've recently received reports about this new squadron that Aiko seems to have hired and I have to admit, their leader seems rather familiar to me. Their Hawk Squadron uses outdated fighters, but... the skills of the pilots make them dangerous nonetheless. Be careful out there and work closely with allied fighters to ensure that this Hawk Squadron is taken down." Yoshiro looked at Enaistiel, "I'm aware that Claire has been challenged to an aerial duel of sorts." Enaistiel nodded, "That is correct, sir." Yoshiro nodded, "Then fight alongside her."

Claire spoke up, "With all due respect, I wish to fight this man on my own." Yoshiro walked down into the crowd and the crowd parted to let him get to Claire. When he stood in front of her, he shook his head, "Unacceptable." Claire looked at him with a frown, "You don't think I can do it, do you?" Yoshiro sighed, "It's not about your ability, you and Enaistiel have been wingmates since this war began. It's the job of wingmates to assist each other in any way possible. Besides, I've seen this man's record, I don't want to risk him killing any more pilots." Claire nodded and Enaistiel smiled softly, "Claire, even if he didn't order it, I'd still do so, it's my job as your wingmate." Claire nodded slightly and Yoshiro placed his hand on her shoulder, "I understand how you feel... because I feel the same way right now."

Claire frowned and looked away, but Yoshiro sighed and walked back up to the podium, "Alright then, you all know your roles... but before we head out, I would honestly like to have a bit of a personal moment with the lot of you." Yoshiro closed his eyes and leaned on the podium, "First of all, I would like to apologize to all of you for getting you involved in my war against Aiko. Around a hundred and seventy-one years ago... I fought her on the same tower. She wanted to avenge her older brother, the same Hiroshi that I killed back when I was young. I threw her off this tower and nearly killed her, but I chose to let her live. Had I chose to kill her as she lay helpless, none of this would be happening right now, but perhaps, I'd be a far worse person than I am today."

Yoshiro opened his eyes and looked out towards all of his soldiers, "For me, this war has never been about restoring the peace, or defeating someone who is a threat to peace, or even about the money. For me, this has been about revenge. Some of you already know this, but eleven years ago, my nakama was killed by Aiko, and I kicked off a war, betraying the Kitsune Kingdom in the process. I always wanted to kill the person that did him in, and I thought it was a particular psion that did so, I thought my job was over and that Aiko was just going to go back to not being like she is now, but... I was wrong. I should've shot her back then, stopped all of this mess from happening. But if I did..."

Yoshiro smiled slightly, "I never would've met most of you guys. Though you guys are some of the greatest soldiers on the planet, you are the most amazing people I've ever met. We've all been a big family and despite being of different nations and of different races, we've not only formed our own nation, but we've fought, suffered and died together, fighting for our ideals. I'm honored to call each and every one of you a Raptor. I hope that someday, there won't be a need for people like us. That finally, the world, no, the galaxy will be at peace. However, until such time, people like us will be needed to protect the galaxy from things like Aiko and the Menschilche." Caladwen looked at him, "You haven't changed much..." Yoshiro smirked, "I know that it might sound odd, hearing that come from the Grim Reaper himself, but I assure you, this is my dream."

Yoshiro grabbed onto his pendant, "It's a dream that my oldest friends share, both living and dead. But, I digress. This mission is a special case, anyone that doesn't wish to partake in this mission has this opportunity to leave the briefing room now, there will be no consequences for your actions." Yoshiro waited several minutes, until a soldier spoke up, "I believe I speak for everyone when I say that we're all in." Yoshiro nodded with a smile, "Well then, let's all go out there and finally end this war, once and for all." The place roared with cheering and Yoshiro looked at Caladwen, who shrugged, "How much of that did you mean, Yoshiro?" Yoshiro looked to the soldiers, "All of it." Caladwen nodded, "Then perhaps you may not avenge Rogelio, but seek justice. Your heart, though steeled for war, is one of a strong light." Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah, I get that from Mom."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#19 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 18

Akira walked upon the grounds of the holy Fairy tower, as the wind blew, he knew exactly what was about to happen as he gripped his weapon. He sighed slightly as he looked around at the soldiers that were behind him, as he looked to the west, he saw the Fairies, as he looked to the right, he saw the Kitsune Army, in front of him was Aiko's army. He noticed that the enemy soldiers were terrified by their motions, but he watched as they brandished their weapons anyhow. Akira felt a great sorrow as they did so and he sighed, "I could end this, Masaru." Masaru's voice spoke up, "Very well then. Authorization of Kawal, approved." Akira looked at the enemy soldiers and called out, "I'd put those weapons down if I were you." One of the enemy soldiers spoke up, "Aiko will kill us if we do." Akira sighed, "Retreating is your only hope of escaping unharmed. Do you really want to fight and die for her?"

Akira watched as one of Aiko's soldiers pointed their gun at him, but when they fired, the shot whizzed pasted his head. Akira shook his head and bent his knees slightly, "That was a terrible mistake." He took off running faster than any normal kitsune could, his durability allowing him to continue to shift positioning as he did so. As he ran up to one of the soldiers, he grabbed them by the neck, lifting them clear off the ground before wheeling about on his foot and throwing them into another soldier and continuing running as he took aim at another soldier, shooting them in the shoulder. He called out as he changed direction to run parallel to the wall, "I'm sure you've heard stories about me! The rumors are true!" Akira looked up at one of the lower rooftops of the building and smirked as he jumped up onto it.

The soldier was stunned, but lifted the weapon anyhow, Akira moved out of the way just before the weapon was fired and rushed in with startling speed, grabbing the younger Kitsune's arm and breaking it, painfully, before tossing him off the roof, knowing that a fall from that height wouldn't do any damage to the younger kitsune. Akira heard shots splash against his shield as he heard a Kitsune cry out, "Kemono! Kill the kemono!" Akira closed his fist and used his magic for the first time in a while, overheating their weapons almost instantly, "Watashi wa anata no saiaku no akumudesu! Watashi wa Kawal gozen, nai tan'naru kemono gozen!" As Akira turned around, he saw the two Kitsune drop their weapons, immediately and start running as Akira smirked slightly, knowing that at least they wouldn't die.

Akira heard something large head his way, and was surprised to see a Karhu of all things rushing up the stairs. He dodged out of the way of the bear anthro's charge and turned around to face him, "Didn't you hear me earlier, I'm Kawal." The Karhu roared and then look at him, "Kawal is a myth made up to scare young people like me, old man. You will die with the rest of your army?" Akira smiled, "Then please, permit me to shed my equipment." The Karhu nodded, "Fine, if you wish to be cocky, I will be glad to rip you limb from limb after you rid yourself of your armor and weapons." Akira threw his weapons off the roof and then removed his armor, throwing it off and calling out, "Clear out the tower, but do not storm the roofs, capture any of Aiko's soldiers that you can."

The Karhu looked at Akira, "You think that's going to matter, we'll defeat your little coalition. You however, will die by my hand." Akira shook his head, "You will never touch me, child." The Karhu growled and rushed at Akira, "Let's see who will never touch who!" Akira moved out of the way and punched the Karhu in the gut, causing the much larger creature to double over, "I told you, kid. I AM Kawal." Akira moved out of the way and turned as the Karhu recovered, "You're stronger than a normal kitsune, I'll grant you that, but... I'll still kill you!" The Karhu rushed at him again, this time Akira moved out of the way and sharply elbowed the Karhu in the spine, "Are you going to listen to me, or will you die before you get it through your thick head. I've killed your kind before with my bare hands."

The Karhu roared and slammed his fists into the ground, before turning around and swiping at Akira, who moved out of the way, and grabbed the arm. Akira violently and swiftly twisted the arm with enough force to snap the tendons in the wrist. He sighed slightly as the Karhu's arm fell limp and the Karhu looked at him, "What the [censored] are you!?" Akira looked at him, "I told you already, twice. I am Kawal." The Karhu looked absolutely scared of him, but rushed at him anyway. Akira had enough of this particular soldier's shenanigans and rushed into the Karhu's charge, bending down and using the momentum of the two to throw the Karhu over his shoulder and onto his back." Akira slammed his foot on the Karhu's chest, "I have torn your arm and bruised your spine and ribs. If this fight continues, I will break your neck. Give up, now."

The Karhu decided that this would be a great time to claw at Akira's leg, but Akira lifted his leg out of the way and slammed it down onto the Karhu's hand, "Now I have broken your other hand, sulk away in defeat or die, those are your only two options. Personally, I'd rather not kill you, but if you give me no other choice, I will." The Karhu started to move back towards the edge, sheer terror in his eyes, "I can't believe that you're real! I thought you were just a myth." Akira turned around, "Because I allowed Kawal to become a myth, I chose to live the life of Akira. But remember my mercy today, because in the past, I've killed hundreds of your people, with my bare hands. Now go!" The Karhu picked himself up and fled as Akira looked up and heard the roar of engines, "The air battle is about to begin."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#20 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 19

Claire looked out of her visor as she looked around the cockpit of her fighter, she and the others were in transit towards the tower in question, where she knew that they would wind up having a fight with the enemy squadron that appeared. Her pulse quickened as her muscles tightened, she was afraid. A face appeared on her screen, "Don't worry, Claire. We're all with you." Claire snapped out of her thoughts, "Aliina, than you." Claire watched as the tower came into view, "This is it." Kari spoke up, "Arbre squadron, remember the role that you have been given in this operation, my Falke squadron will engage the enemy, assist when possible." The new Arbre One's voice spoke up, "Roger that, Falke One, we are moving into position." Claire's radar beeped and a helmeted face appeared on her screen, "I didn't think you would be coming, kitten." Claire didn't hide the annoyance in her voice, "It's Claire."

The Hawk Squadron closed in ever closer, soon both squads were in missile range and fired all of their missiles at each other, every single pilot engaged in evasive maneuvers, while deploying counter measures. Arbre squadron stayed back without firing any of their missiles and Claire started to look around for the particular fighter she was looking for. Suddenly the face on her screen spoke up, "This furball is too cramped for us, wouldn't you agree, Claire?" Claire watched as a black fighter with green highlights sped past her own and she took pursuit, when Enaistiel spoke up, "[censored]! I got one on my tail!" Claire didn't even give it any thought, she immediately disengaged and flew towards Enaistiel, "Falke Eleven, keep evading enemy fire, I'm coming to cover you!" Daejien spoke up, "What!? A pilot without pride!?" Claire cycled through her targets and found the fighter pursuing Enaistiel.

She switched to her pulse cannons and hissed, "Get away from her!" She squeezed the trigger and energy blasts from her cannons fired through her shields and slammed into the shielding of the enemy fighter. Though this wasn't enough to damage the fighter, it did get the pilot's attention, Enaistiel cried out, "Claire! Break!" Claire didn't even hesitate, she pulled back on the stick sharply and killed the throttle of her fighter, shoving her into a high-G turn. As the gravitational forces assailed her, she saw Daejien's fighter blow through where she was and Daejien chuckled, "You're a great pilot, Claire, for being so new." Claire dropped in behind him, but Daejien launched a flare at her fighter, blinding her slightly. She broke from the engagement as Enaistiel called out, "Get away from her, you son of a [censored]!" Daejien spoke up, "Hawk Three! Get her off me!"

Claire shook her head as her vision readjusted. She saw a fighter go towards Enaistiel, who was chasing Daejien, her cannons firing upon the black and green fighter. Claire hit the throttle and pursued Hawk Three, "Falke Eleven, boost Rear Shielding and shunt some energy into your cannons." Enaistiel's voice spoke up, "Roger that, Falke Twelve." Claire adjusted the energy flow in her fighter from the shields to the cannons, switching her own shielding to full aft and half forward. She squeezed her trigger and she watched as her shots impacted the shields of Hawk Three's fighter. This caused Hawk Three to disengage, but Claire kept pursuit of the fighter, quickly dropping the shields and tearing apart the engines, she watched as the pilot ejected from the fighter and disengaged as Daejien laughed, "Excellent, Claire. But you're far too open." Claire smirked and looked behind her as she saw the fighter behind her.

She cut back on the throttle and shifted her shields to double aft, as the shots splashed harmlessly against her shields, she watched as they weakened, but she waited til Daejien was close before firing off two flares at the cockpit of the fighter. She punched the throttle as Daejien screamed out, "Dammit!" Claire smiled slightly, "You taught me that one. NOW, FALKE ELEVEN!" Suddenly a warning klaxon sounded on her screen, she tensed up, but recognized it was from Daejien's side. Enaistiel's voice spoke up as she pursued Daejien's fighter into the sky. Claire followed suit, watching as Enaistiel's shots ripped through the shields, eventually hitting the engines and then fuselage of the fighter. One shot that she knew was the fatal one, went through the cockpit of the fighter, striking Daejien in the back. Daejien took off his helmet and coughed up blood on the screen.

Claire watched as Daejien smile weakly, "In all my life, ever since I died that time, I made it my mission to find a pilot willing to put aside their pride and work with their wingmen if challenged to a dogfight. You and Enaistiel are those pilots, Claire." Enaistiel spoke up, "So, you're not really insane?" Daejien coughed some more, "Cabin pressure is falling, fuel pressure... falling. Medical report says this wound will be fatal." Enaistiel spoke up, "I asked a question, Hawk One." Daejien sighed, "I stopped being entirely insane a while ago, it was all an act. But, it is true that I'm a death seeker, but I could only die by the hands of true companions... I wouldn't have it any other way." Claire watched as Daejien's fighter started to arc towards the ground, "Eject... there could be a way that you could survive."

Daejien looked up at the sky, "Didn't you hear what I said, I'm a death seeker, kid. Claire, you're a good person at heart, you fight to protect those you care about. By the way... I was there, five years ago... if you want to know, I'm transmitting the password to my dossier, I'm declassifying it for you and your commanding officer. Now... I shall die in..." Claire watched as a fireball formed as the fighter slammed into the ground, suddenly a woman's voice appeared on the screen, "This is the new leader of Hawk Squadron, we are officially surrendering to the Raptor military forces." Claire breathed a sigh of relief, no one else had to die, but she was saddened that she had caused and witnessed so much death in her time in the military. Kari's voice spoke up, "We accept your surrender, Arbre squadron shall take you to base."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#21 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 20

Yoshiro rode on the back of Julius, heading towards the tower itself, this was reminiscent of over a century ago, except the rain wasn't starting. Julius didn't hesitate to fly towards the tower, but spoke up, "Re wux jaunus wux re gethrisjir ekess gethrisj erekess mrith nomeno?" Yoshiro nodded, "Yes, I am." Julius sighed, "Narhethi geou ti xurwk wux kiwieg desta." Yoshiro looked at the tower as it came into view, "I know." Julius kept flying and Yoshiro took a look at the situation in the air, Falke Squadron was flying air support. He then looked at the ground, the coalition was standing around the tower, waiting for him. Yoshiro closed his eyes and placed his helmet on, "Let's get this over with, Julius." Julius nodded slightly and sped up his flight towards the tower. Yoshiro watched as the top of the tower came into view and he could see Aiko standing at the top.

When Julius was above the tower, Yoshiro slid off and landed on the tower, drawing his sword. Aiko smirked, "How ironic, this is where you and I would face off once more. This time, however, I plan on throwing you off the tower like you did me." Yoshiro pointed his blade at Aiko as he readied his shield, "I spared your life." Aiko turned to look at him, "You didn't have a choice! I know that an army came and if you hadn't retreated, you would've died!" Yoshiro shook his head, "Who told you that [censored], Aiko. I spared you, because I felt bad for you. There was no [censored] army, there was no [censored] retreat. I left my equipment here and never did get to come back to recover it. I spared your life and you make it your mission to take everyone and everything I ever cared about away from me. You killed my nakama, you tried to kill my little sister, the only thing I'd applaud you on is the attempt on Masaru's life."

Aiko turned around and brandished her own sword, "You deserve to suffer, you're nothing more than a war criminal." Yoshiro shook his head, "I'll admit first hand that not all of my kills were of the right target, but they and my methods were always in line with the laws of war, Aiko. You killed civilians, you attempted to kill multiple leaders, you have used bioweapons in the past. The sentence for all of your deeds is death. I'm here to carry out your sentence, but none of that is why I'm here. You took Rogelio's life from him, I will ensure that you pay me back for that deed, in your blood." Aiko laughed a bit, "You're so arrogant as to think that you can defeat me, Yoshiro, I've been training on how to defeat you. You haven't changed much in the last hundred years." Yoshiro shook his head, "That assumption will be your last."

The two of them rushed at each other, Yoshiro lifted his shield as he opened up his mana flow and used his sword as the focal point for his mana, swiping with it and sending a crescent of flames towards Aiko, who was hit straight in the chest by it, "I learned some new tricks, you insufferable [censored]." Aiko howled out in pain as she was knocked to the ground, but she quickly got back up and threw a fireball at Yoshiro, who switched his element and formed a barrier of light in front of himself, which caught the fireball. Aiko looked in horror as Yoshiro smirked under the helmet, "This is the point where you throw yourself off the tower in order to hide from me." Aiko growled and threw another fireball at Yoshiro who condensed his light barrier to a single point and swatted it aside. Aiko thought she would have the advantage and rushed at Yoshiro with her sword, but Yoshiro merely moved out of the way and hooked his foot against her leg, tripping her.

Yoshiro didn't hesitate, he grabbed his sword's blade and tried to bring the blade into the gap of Aiko's armor. However, she kicked at him, forcing him to retreat slightly as he dropped his own barrier, smiling a bit under his helmet, "This is more exciting than the last time you and I fought, then again..." Aiko stood up, "Shut up!" Yoshiro watched as Aiko rushed at him, but Yoshiro moved out of the way again, this time kicking her in the back and forcing her towards the edge of the tower. Yoshiro laughed, "You're fighting like you did all of those years ago, did you even train any after coming out of that coma, or were you so focused on getting your revenge, you never gave it any thought that maybe that I would have continued my training. That maybe, you picked a fight with a man called the Grim Reaper."

Aiko growled and attempted to throw a fireball, but she couldn't as her mana was used up, so she once again rushed at Yoshiro with the sword who parried her attack and grabbed her by the neck, forcing all of her momentum to the ground. He quickly grabbed the blade of his sword and directed it into the crack of Aiko's armor, severing her spinal cord which paralyzed her. Yoshiro stepped on her back and pulled his sword free from her. He walked over to her head and ripped off her helmet, lifting her limp body just enough for her to look into his helmet, "You killed Rogelio Sanez Lorca in cold blood, you attempted to kill me, you attempted to kill my little sister." Yoshiro lifted his sword and then Julius spoke up, "Sjek nomeno ui svabol wux tuor ekess tir, jinthil, wux shilta itrewic mojka mrith nomeno tagoa coi ui aryte tairais." Yoshiro felt an incredible anger well up inside of him as he held his blade in the position, but he dropped Aiko and walked over to the side of the tower.

Once at the side, he peered down and called out, "Can I get a team up here to pick up the body of the enemy leader. She's going to face a military tribunal for her crimes." Julius looked at Yoshiro, "Zyak wux douhvy ekess gethrisj mrith filkiati, ysik loupon narhethi." Yoshiro walked over to Aiko and grabbed her head, lifting it up, "Make no mistake, I will be your executioner. However, before I kill you, your victims must see justice. This includes Rogelio, keep in mind that I will have my revenge." Yoshiro threw her head back onto the ground and picked up his sword, placing it back in its scabbard, before jumping on to Julius' back, "Let's go back to base, Julius, I'm tired of being here... it brings back too many memories." Julius nodded and started to fly back to the Raptor base.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#22 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 21

Claire sat in front of a computer, she wanted to be alone, but she knew she couldn't. Clovis and Enaistiel sat in the room with her as she inputted the password for Daejien's Dossier. She sighed slightly and saw the information laid out in front of her, however, she was only interested in what happened on her homeworld, five years ago. She quickly had the computer search for that particular bit of information and was surprised at what she had found. She saw the briefing for an operation without any mention of the Raptors, however, she knew that the Raptors were there five years ago. The briefing stated that the Hawk Squadron and the mercenary group they were part of were hired by a nearby nation that had been tired of the imperialist nature of the nation she had come from and that the operation was to cripple the military infrastructure, while leaving civilian infrastructure intact.

She found a video, however from those events and she pressed the button on the screen to turn it on, Daejien's voice spoke up first, "Hawk squadron, you remember the briefing, right?" The voice of another pilot spoke up, "Aye, we do." Daejien's voice spoke up, "Alright then, let's get going." Claire watched as the camera on Daejien's fighter showed the capitol city, but she recognized something else as Daejien spoke up, "[censored]! We got an enemy tank column and multiple soldiers chasing something down there, disengage and attack the targets. Knowing this nation's government, for all we know, it could be dissidents trying to escape to another nation as refugees." Claire watched as Daejien turned his fighter around in order to get a better look at the tanks, "Weapons hot, this is Hawk One, Fox Three!" She watched as the fighter shook, and the missile lance out into one of the tanks.

Daejien's fighter flew over the tanks and the camera was able to get a look at the people that were running, Claire recognized them and realized that Daejien was telling the truth. However, he wasn't just there, he saved her life by distracting the military long enough to put some distance between her family and them. She continued to watch the footage, watching as Daejien made several passes against the tank column, without a single bit of hesitation on firing, whether it was with his anti-tank missiles or his pulse cannons. When suddenly there was a rapid beeping sound and Daejien called out, "[censored]! They're trying to get a lock on me." Daejien broke left, but the beeping became a steady tone, "[censored]! They locked on!" Daejien's fighter immediately rose to the skies and Claire could hear countermeasures being deployed and missiles detonating against them.

However, just as Daejien breathed a sigh of relief, a steady tone entered the cockpit again, "[censored]! I'm out!" Daejien called out, "This is Hawk One, ejecting!" Claire watched as the camera changed to the cockpit view, as Daejien grabbed his ejection lever and pulled it, nothing. Daejien grumbled, "The maintenance crews were supposed to fix this, I'm going to try to put this thing into a controlled crash, see what I can do to save the fighter and myself." Daejien quickly reacted and started using the controls with incredible swiftness and control, "Altitutde... four Kilometers... velocity... five hundred." Daejien sighed, "Alright, I'm heading into some trees, this will cause some irreparable damage to the fighter, don't bother recovering the thing, just salvage it." Daejien sighed as suddenly a violent banging noise filled the cockpit and the fighter lurched. She watched as the cockpit shattered and Daejien's armor keep him safe.

What happened next, she wasn't prepared for, the fighter quickly hit another tree, sending fire and shrapnel into the left side of Daejien's visor, blood started to pour from that area as Daejien grabbed that part of his face with his left hand, "[censored]! I'm gonna need a medivac!" Soon the fighter hit the ground and Daejien was thrown from the seat as the harness snapped, and thrown free from the cockpit and burning wreckage. The feed ended and the internal logs of the armor began as Daejien coughed, "[censored], well, this isn't so bad." Daejien stood up, and suddenly the fighter behind him, exploded, shrapnel being sent in all directions, but a rather large piece being sent through his left arm, severing it immediately. The medical logs showed that Daejien shortly ceased functioning from bloodloss, but was revived minutes later by a medivac team.

The whole report ended there and Claire sighed as she closed her eyes, "I owe him my life. He died trying to save my family and I." Clovis nodded, "I was part of the flight that covered the medivac team. We Raptors met up with Daejien's mercenary group shortly before he crashed. Most of the Falke squadron went to go suppress enemy activity in the capitol city, third flight was sent to assist with the medivac." Enaistiel nodded, "Clovis used to be Falke Nine, but I remember the day you first joined with us, Claire. I wasn't entirely sure about you, but seeing you grow as you did through the trials of war, I can honestly say that you've handled things better than most people. Then again... all you ever knew in your childhood was war, most of us joined the military while our nations were at peace and thus we were unprepared for the horrors that war would bring us."

Claire nodded slightly, "Well, though that might be true, I still don't like war." Clovis nodded with a smile, "None of us do, it's why we fight it." Claire blinked, "Isn't that a little contradictory?" Clovis smirked slightly, "No, we fight it so that other people won't have to fight it in our place, our aim is to always end war with as little bloodshed as possible, as quickly as possible. The moment we stray from this goal is the moment we become monsters and warhawks." Claire nodded slightly, "Well... I guess I'm in good company then." Enaistiel nodded, "Yeah, you are, Claire and we're happy to have you. So, what are you going to do now?" Claire sighed, "I think I'm going to go ask our commanding officer if I can have a few weeks of leave." Enaistiel nodded, "You'll get it, I'm sure of it."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#23 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 22

Yoshiro stood up from his office, after having calibrated his rifle one final time, "Alright, time to test it one final time, if this doesn't work, I'll consider this to be an impossible task... Lilah, you stay here." Lilah nodded slightly and Yoshiro walked out of his office, bumping into Claire, who stumbled back slightly, "I apologize, sir." Yoshiro nodded, "No need to be sorry. Were you coming to my office to talk to me?" Claire nodded, "I want to talk about leave, sir." Yoshiro nodded, "I see, well would you mind accompanying me, because there was something I wanted to talk to you about." Claire shrugged, "Which way?" Yoshiro walked towards the hologram room with Claire in tow, "So you wish for leave, huh?" Claire nodded, "Yeah, I do." Yoshiro opened the door to the hologram room and walked into it, Claire right behind him. Yoshiro didn't answer her, but instead spoke out as the doors closed behind them, "Computer, load program, Yoshiro Alpha."

The hologram room projected a familiar scene before him, but Claire had never seen it before. It was the Kitsune Castle room that his half-brother Hiroshi held his little brother Tsuyoshi hostage in. The two Kitsune appearing in the same exact position they had taken when he had arrived centuries ago. Yoshiro spoke up, "Play scenario." The scenario played out with Hiroshi speaking up, "You have a choice Yoshiro, kill me, or let your brother die!" Yoshiro calmly raised his rifle and looked down the sights of it, he lined up the kind of shot he tried to go for during that situation and squeezed the trigger. The holographic simulation showed his shot lance out from his rifle and puncture Tsuyoshi in the aorta, before puncturing through Hiroshi's spine. Tsuyoshi fell to the ground, lifeless as Hiroshi fell to the ground paralyzed and Yoshiro shook his head, "Computer, how many failures was that?"

The computerized voice spoke up, "Nine hundred." Yoshiro sighed, "Based on all attempts done with said program, what are the possibilities I could've saved them both?" The computerized voice spoke up, "Running simulation on all possible allowed variables." Yoshiro turned his head slightly to Claire, "I'm going to be denying your request for leave, Captain." Claire looked at him, "What do you mean? I'm allowed leave." Yoshiro nodded, "I'm aware. Hold on for a moment and I'll tell you why." A holographic tally appeared before Yoshiro and he turned to look at it, it read: Number of times Yoshiro kills Tsuyoshi, without paralyzing Hiroshi: 4000. Number of times Yoshiro kills both: 2500. Number of times Yoshiro kills Hiroshi: 7500. Number of times Hiroshi kills Tsuyoshi: 2000. Number of Times Yoshiro only Paralyzes Hiroshi: 0. Success Rate: 0%.

Yoshiro sighed as the computer spoke up, "All variables were tested, Yoshiro. There is no scenario without allowing external variables that were not present during the time the simulation took place, that allows for your shot to connect." Claire looked at him, "I'm... sorry." Yoshiro placed the butt of his rifle on the ground, "Computer, delete the program... I won't be needing it anymore." Claire blinked, "You're not sad?" Yoshiro sighed as he looked up at the ceiling, "On the contrary, I feel absolved of my guilt. There wasn't any scenario in which I was going to get either one of them out alive. Either Hiroshi or Tsuyoshi had to die, and I picked Hiroshi. Now, about why I won't be giving you leave." Claire remembered that she was upset about that, "Yeah, why is that!? I have a right to leave in my contract."

Yoshiro nodded, "Because Claire, while we're at peace, I want to build a city for our families to be in. Most militaries are stationed within cities in bases... but, we don't have a city of our own. Claire, as someone that has seen the worst of people, the worst of governing, I want you to be in charge of this project and figuring out what kind of government we will be under." Claire blinked, she was taken aback by this, she wasn't quite expecting all of this when her request for leave was denied, "If you give me leave, you'll have a deal." Yoshiro sighed, "You didn't read the contract quite well, did you. You don't need my blessing during times of peace, Claire, we're mercenaries, you're free to go see your family at any time during peacetime." Claire blinked as Yoshiro sighed and shook his head with a smile, "Computer, bring up a hologram of the contract that Claire signed, please."

A hologram appeared in front of Claire and she even recognized her signature, as she read over the contract again, she did indeed notice the fact that she could leave the base at any time to see her family again, "Well, a deal's a deal. We should have a Republic by the way, you should lead it." Yoshiro shook his head, "No dice on that one, I'm afraid, you'll have to find someone else." Claire blinked slightly, "What do you mean?" Yoshiro sighed, "I'm joining the expeditionary force, I'm retiring from the military. Though knowing my luck, I'll be dragged right back into it." Claire folded her arms, "So how many times have you retired?" Yoshiro shrugged, "This makes the third. Don't worry, I'll still be based out of our new nation, just... we'll be working more closely with the other nations on this continent."

Claire nodded as Yoshiro smiled, placing his hand on her shoulder, "I've always wanted to explore the stars, ever since I met Seth for the first time. I think I'm going to take those two clones out of stasis and let someone I trust raise them. Also before you ask about what is being done about our only ship, well, I've already had it refitted with Verbanan technologies and now it's having Draconic technologies added to it. By the time we're done, it won't be recognizable from its original configuration. It will be useless as a warship, but it will make for a great exploratory vessel. Also, we'll be able to use the new Space Combat Exoskeletal Vehicles if something goes awry." Claire nodded slightly as Yoshiro walked past her, "You've had some up and downs, Claire, but remember. If you wish to leave the military, that option is still on the table." Claire shook her head, "I won't, sir. Because I intend to fight to protect others." Yoshiro smiled, "Good creed, make sure you stick to it."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#24 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 23

Five months had passed and Yoshiro was quite happy with the verdict that had been handed down at the tribunal. He stood in front of Aiko as she was being tied to a post, "Tell me Aiko, what is your last request. As your executioner, I have to offer you one." Aiko spat in his face and Yoshiro wiped it off, "Gag her." Aiko screamed out, "Takeshi will kill you one day, Yoshiro! Just you watch! Yoshiko will never forgive you for this either!" Yoshiro walked away with his pistol in hand, "It's doubtful that Takeshi would be capable of doing such a thing, the man hasn't seen combat since his wife died, as for Yoshiko. You're literally the only person she hates, Aiko. You are the most hated person on the entire planet, are you aware of that?" Aiko was gagged and Yoshiro only heard her muffled screams and he shook his head.

He turned around after twenty paces and leveled the gun at her head, "Do you know why I chose to give you a trial, instead of killing you where you stood." Aiko growled and Yoshiro smiled, "Defiant to the end." Yoshiro put a little bit of pressure on the trigger, but not enough to fire the weapon, "It's quite simple, Aiko. Rogelio deserved to get some sort of justice out of this entire situation. But now, you die..." Yoshiro went to squeeze the trigger, but Lilah placed her hand on the gun, "Yoshiro, this isn't you... you know this... she's helpless." Yoshiro nodded, "Untie her." The guards walked over to Aiko and untied her. Yoshiro nodded and looked at one of them, "Throw her a weapon." Yoshiro lowered his as the guard threw a weapon onto the ground in front of Aiko. Yoshiro nodded towards the weapon, "The moment you pick that weapon up, you will have to point it at me and kill me, before I kill you. Do that, and you'll be free."

Aiko reached for the gun and the moment she grabbed it and picked it off the ground, Yoshiro raised his weapon, aimed at where her head was going to be and fired. His shot hit her square in the center of the skull, Aiko's corpse fell to the ground, "That... that was for me." Yoshiro holstered his weapon and sighed, "As expected, I don't feel any better, I just feel a bit empty. But I know millions of people will sleep easier tonight, knowing that you're dead, Aiko." Yoshiro walked away with Lilah close behind and he sighed as he looked at her, "Lilah... you and Rogelio never really got along, but you seem to respect him a lot more than I ever thought you would." Lilah nodded, "He made you happy, Yoshiro. The two of you were closer than anyone and... to be fair, I just wish I could have that kind of friendship."

Yoshiro wrapped his arm around Lilah, "Lilah, I trust you with my life. You're not much of a person to talk, so I generally don't talk outside of business when it comes to you. I did take you in as my own adoptive sister, you know. Even helped raised your kids, if I didn't like you as much as my own family, I wouldn't have done that..." Lilah frowned, "But you were even closer than that to Rogelio." Yoshiro grabbed his pendant and took it off his neck to give to her for a moment, "Rogelio reminded me of the person who gave this to me." Lilah nodded, "Katriina, right?" Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah. Without either of them in my life... I guess I just... I don't know." Yoshiro took his pendant back and placed it around his neck, "I've always had a knight in my life to keep me from doing something stupid..."

Lilah chuckled, "Well now you have an assassin." Yoshiro looked down at her, "I'll keep you to your word, Lilah." Lilah nodded, "So what are we going to do now?" Yoshiro shrugged, "I'm going to go back and see my family... I've not been to the orphanage in two years years, haven't even seen my son... I just hope he can forgive his fool of an old ma..." Yoshiro looked forward to see Balthoron standing there on a sidewalk, "Dad?" Yoshiro looked at Lilah who nodded with a smile, "Go ahead, Yoshiro." Yoshiro let go of Lilah and walked over to Balthoron, "You've grown up since I last saw you, son." Balthoron frowned, "It's been two years, Dad. Mom didn't seem worried about you, but I missed you and I thought you would never return." Yoshiro ruffled Balthoron's hair, "You won't have to worry about that ever again. From now on, General Yoshiro Miyamae is a historical figure."

Balthoron nodded slightly and Yoshiro hugged his son, picking him up, "Your mother has been feeding you well, Balthoron." Balthoron nodded, "Yeah, she's awaiting your return, she has been since the war was over five months ago." Yoshiro nodded with a smirk, "I was busy with paperwork, Balthoron. I had to make sure that everything was going to be alright with the nation I founded. I left someone I could trust in charge of the project, though." Balthoron nodded as Elbereth walked out of a store and Yoshiro placed his son down as he ran over to hug his wife, the two of them meeting in the middle of a crosswalk. Yoshiro hugged her tightly and the two of them walked over to the same sidewalk that Balthoron was on before they started their conversation. Elbereth looked into Yoshiro's eyes, "You seem so sad." Yoshiro nodded, "Rogelio got justice and his killer won't trouble anyone again."

Elbereth nodded, "I understand, you killed her, didn't you?" Yoshiro nodded slightly, "Yeah." Elbereth kissed Yoshiro on the lips, "Does that make you feel better, my love?" Yoshiro smiled softly, "Being with my family, does make me feel better, you know. Hey, I got an idea, why don't the four of us go out for some pie or something?" Elbereth blinked, "Four of us?" Lilah spoke up, "Hi, Elbereth." Elbereth looked at her, "Oh, Lilah, hello. I'm sorry, I didn't notice you there." Lilah nodded, "It's alright." Balthoron tilted his head, "What is pie?" Yoshiro broke the hug and knelt down in front of Balthoron, with a smile on his face, "It's a wonderful dessert, Mama used to make a star apple pie that was just absolutely amazing. Though at the moment, I could go for something the humans call a cheesecake." Elbereth chuckled, "That sounds good, Yoshiro, let's go."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#25 Post by Akira110 »

Epilogue One: A New Republic

Six years had passed since the war had ended and Claire finally looked out upon the city from her new office, "I never thought that I'd be here, in a million years." Enaistiel nodded, "It's alright, Madam President." Claire nodded, "It's been eleven years since I first joined the Raptors and yet, you all voted for me to be the president of this nation for the next decade." Enaistiel nodded, "Of course, even your wife and children voted for you." Claire nodded slightly, "Yeah, I know. It was almost unanimous too, I'll be honest, it was the most frightening thing I've experienced and I'm afraid that I might let you all down." Enaistiel shook her head, "Remember what he said to you during the voting?" Claire nodded, "Being a leader is frightening, but you must always remember that you are a servant of the people, not the other way around."

Enaistiel nodded as a Neko walked into the office, "And this is my first lady, Enaistiel." Enaistiel turned towards the Neko with a smile and extended her hand, "Hello, I'm Major Enaistiel Elertaur. It is good to meet the first lady of our president." The Neko took the hand and shook it, "Claire told me so many stories about you, I'm Manami Prideaux, I took my wife's name when we married." Enaistiel nodded, "It is truly an honor to meet you." Claire interrupted, "Enaistiel, when did you make Major, I thought you were a full captain?" Enaistiel smiled, "I became the leader of the new Aquila Squadron. While you were busy doing the hard work of forming the civilian portion of our nation, the rest of us in the Falke Squadron were accepting and training new pilots, Kari eventually cut me loose to form my own squad." Claire nodded, "Congratulations, my friend."

Manami smiled, "I think I'll let the two of you get caught up before your inauguration, President Prideaux." Claire nodded and looked at Manami, "I love you." Manami smiled, "I love you too." The Neko walked out of the room and Claire sat down at her desk, "How's Doroteo doing?" Enaistiel shrugged, "He's still Kari's wingman, says that he feels completely natural about it, as for Clovis, he became part of the Eule Squadron. Aliina left the force completely in order to start a family of her own." Claire nodded, "How's Kari doing?" Enaistiel smiled, "She's doing alright, in fact, she's been asking about you, because you're going through a lot right now. She almost knows how you feel right now, except for her, the fate of her pilots is in her hands, for you, the weight of an entire nation is on your shoulders." Claire nodded, "I know."

Suddenly a woman walked in, "Madam President, it's time for your inauguration ceremony." Claire nodded and adjusted her tie, though she hated to dress formally, she knew that she had to for her new job, "If only you could see me now, Mom and Dad..." Enaistiel nodded, "I'll walk with you, if that's alright." Claire nodded, "Sure thing." Claire and Enaistiel walked down a hallway until they reached a balcony that looked over the square that they were in, a podium had been set up with a microphone. She looked out at all the people, "I would first like to thank you all for your part in building this city, no, not just this city, but this community as well. Without all of you, this dream would be nothing but that, just a dream. I'm not exactly good at giving speeches, so you'll have to forgive me on that front."

One of the people on the balcony nodded, "Do you, Claire Prideaux swear to uphold our laws and follow the role of your office to the letter and defend our new nation from threats both foreign and domestic?" Claire nodded, "I vow to do so, and I also vow that we will have a constitution, written and ratified by the people themselves, this is their government, I'm merely their representative in the international scene." The woman nodded, "That was well said, Madam President." Claire looked out towards the crowd and spotted someone standing there with his arms folded, "You, sir, with the folded arms, can you come forward for a second?" The person walked away from her, when someone in security ran towards him, but Claire raised her hand, "Let him go, he's free to leave if he wants. He just felt familiar, is all."

Claire smiled softly, "Everyone, I want to thank you for electing me to be your representative, despite all of my protests. I don't think I could adequately serve you, but, with your help... I'll be the best leader I can possibly be, can I count on each and every one of you to help me?" Cheers of yes were heard from the crowd, which made Claire smile, when she noticed the shadow of a Fennikkusu on the railing, causing her to turn around and look up at one that was smiling down on her. The Fennikkusu spoke in a familiar voice, "You'll be a great leader, Claire, you never have to doubt yourself." Claire looked at him, "Who are you?" The Fennikkusu smiled as he sat down on the edge of the roof, "You know who I am, Claire. We've met several times before, but..." The Fennikusu dropped to the Balcony and walked over to her, "I'm proud of what you've become."

Claire watched as the Fennikkusu flew away from her, and she blinked slightly as Enaistiel gasped, "Who do you think he was?" Claire closed her eyes, "I didn't know the Commander could do something like that." Enaistiel blinked, "That was Yoshiro?" Claire nodded slightly, "Yeah..." She spoke into her microphone, "If you can still hear me, Commander, I want you to know that I wish you the best of luck in your travels!" Claire watched the Fennikkusu turn around and nod, before flying towards the horizon. Enaistiel nodded, "Looks like he acknowledged you, but why do you think he took that form?" Claire placed her hand to her chest, "He has never done what he does for the fame, so it's only natural that he would approach me in a form that was unfamiliar to all of us." The woman on the balcony spoke up, "Madam President. Your office awaits." Claire shook her head, "No, the people's office awaits."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#26 Post by Akira110 »

Epilogue Two: Vow Between Warriors

It had been forty-four years since the war ended and Yoshiro felt that the world didn't need a soldier like him, which put him at ease. Unfortunately his brother was recently hospitalized and he had put everything down in order to go visit him. When he reached the door of Walthari's hospital room, he knocked on the door and Walthari called out, "Come in." Yoshiro opened the door and walked in, Walthari looking at him, "I didn't think I'd get to see you again before I died, you know." Yoshiro nodded and closed the door behind him, "Yeah. I know, how are the Centaur doctors treating you?" Walthari winced and Yoshiro took notice, "I see why you're dying now." Yoshiro pulled up a chair and placed his helmet on the table as he ran a hand through his graying hair, "I've seen this before. Too many times before."

Walthari looked away, "I don't want to be remembered like this, as a Lupine that was cooped up in a bed at the end of his life." Yoshiro nodded slightly, "Of course not, you should have your freedom if you so choose." Yoshiro smirked slightly and Walthari looked at him, "I don't like that look on your face, it usually means you're about to go do something stupid." Yoshiro chuckled, "Nah, name one stupid thing I've done where I smirked beforehand." Walthari shook his head, "How about the time you decided that it would be a great idea to prank our father?" Yoshiro folded his arms, "Come on, bro, we were kids. Name a moment when we were adults." Walthari sighed, "How about the time you smirked and said everything was alright and you were going to catch Seth's killer, but..." Yoshiro sighed, "Alright, that one's a fair point, but, you can't name any other times."

Walthari sighed, "How about the time you decided that it would be a brilliant idea to pick a fight with a Karhu?" Yoshiro frowned, "No fair, Walthari, I was drunk." Walthari coughed and nodded, "Oh yeah, it was hilarious, right up until he broke your jaw and then cracked your spine over his knee." Yoshiro sighed as he looked up at the ceiling, "The hospital stay wasn't all that great, but..." Walthari sighed, "How about the time you told me, "Don't worry, everything was going to be fine, and you wound up getting hit by a bus, shortly after getting out of the hospital for two months..." Yoshiro sighed, "Okay, okay, I get it, Walthari." Walthari sighed, "Just don't do anything that will get you put in here, okay?" Yoshiro nodded, "I won't." Walthari looked at him, "Swear upon our grandmother!" Yoshiro sighed, "I vow upon my honor as a Kensei that my current scheme will not put me in the hospital."

Walthari nodded and Yoshiro walked out of the room and spoke to one of the nurses, "Hey, mind if I take my brother with me?" The nurse looked into the room and then sighed, "He's a patient in our hospital, we can't just let him go, we could get into a lot of trouble." Yoshiro shook his head, "You don't know much about Lupine Berserkers, do you?" The Centauress shook her head, "No, I do not, but that..." Yoshiro looked at her, "Lupine Berserkers all have to die in battle, it's in their blood and let me tell you... the last thing you want to do is deny them that chance by having them in a hospital. I've seen the results of such a thing." The Centauress folded her arms, "And you think that this will get us to change our minds?" Yoshiro shrugged, "It all depends on whether or not you wish to endanger other patients or not."

The Centauress leaned down to look Yoshiro in the eye, "Is that a threat?" Yoshiro pulled out his datapad and pulled up some images, "No, this is a fact of life." The Centauress looked at the Datapad and Yoshiro sighed, "If you're wondering how I got these pictures, especially the ones of the dead Berserkers, it's because I killed them." The Centauress nodded slightly, "So you're saying that you're going to prevent this?" Yoshiro nodded, "I'm going to take him out to space, away from the planet and away from any civilians, for all we know. He could find a battle out there worthy of calling his final battle." The Centauress nodded, "And if he cannot?" Yoshiro looked her straight in the eye and spoke coldly, "Then I'll be his final battle, but my brother will not rot in this hospital until he snaps and starts trying to kill people. You can either discharge him or I can remove him from the building myself, your choice."

The Centauress nodded and walked away as Yoshiro walked into the hospital room, "You're going to be let off the hook, Walthari." Walthari looked up at the ceiling, "I have no where left to go, though..." Yoshiro nodded and walked over to his bed, "I want you to come to space with me, Brother." Walthari looked at him, "I'm not healthy enough to go into space and you know it, plus you know how well Lupine Berserkers do when they're denied their final battle." Yoshiro placed his hand on Walthari's shoulder, "If we do not find a place for you to have your final battle, I promise you that I will personally fight you to the death." Walthari looked up at him, "I want you to swear an oath on that, big brother." Yoshiro chuckled and held up his right hand, the mark of Amaterasu glowing on the back, "I, Yoshiro Miyamae, Kensei of Amaterasu, hereby vow to fight my little brother, Walthari Jaeger, to the the death if we are incapable of finding a suitable final battle for him."

Walthari nodded, "I'll keep you to your oath, Yoshiro. You better believe that I will." Yoshiro nodded slightly as the Centauress walked in, "Well Walthari, you are free to leave the hospital at any time, Mister Miyamae, did you have any idea of transit for Walthari?" Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah, Dragon." Yoshiro grabbed his helmet and helped his brother out of the bed, "Come on." Walthari got out of the bed and the two of them walked towards the lift. Walthari looked at Yoshiro, "So, how are you going to get me on Julius?" Yoshiro nodded, "Julius will help, he also offered to transport my motorcycle back to my place, since someone in your condition shouldn't be riding a motorcycle anyway." Walthari nodded, "How come you know so much about Lupine Customs?" Yoshiro hugged his brother as they entered the lift, "Because, my little brother, aside from the fact that I was once a king, I wanted to make you happy."