Beneath the Blaze(20th Anniversary Crossover/Violence/Blood)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Beneath the Blaze(20th Anniversary Crossover/Violence/Blood)

#1 Post by Akira110 »

Disclaimer: Breeze in the Night will continue, but for every other day, there will be this, Beneath the Blaze, a Pokemon Crossover to celebrate two 20th anniversaries. When I was 7, I created my first character, Lightning and Pokemon got released in Japan, so eh, figure I'd do a crossover to celebrate both, since I actually got started by doing crossover. Also Pokemon is trademarked to the Pokemon Company and Nintendo, the only things I own are things that have appeared in my previous books. Yes, this is my third attempt at this.

Prologue

Yoshiro lay face first down on the ground, he was in his biker gear and was unconscious for the moment. He quickly came to and grabbed into the dirt with his hand, his claws digging deep into the dirt. His nose was filled with unfamiliar scents and his ears filled with unfamiliar sounds. He pushed himself off the ground and into a sitting position, he had a splitting headache, "Ugh, last time I offer to test an unfamiliar device, where am I?" Yoshiro picked himself up and noticed he felt lighter than usual, "Oh that's just wonderful... I'm not on Verbana anymore, well hmmm..." He placed his hand on his chin and proceeded to look around for any clues that would lead him to civilization, whatever civilization there was on this planet. He shook his head, trying to get the grogginess out of it, but failed to do so. When he tried to move, he found himself dizzy, "Ugh, suffering redout already? No... my vision would be redder from the blood flowing to my head."

He placed his hand on a tree and leaned against it. As he looked up, he noticed animals that he couldn't recognize, "What strange alien world is this." Suddenly he heard a rustling and out popped a strange green and white creature that he had never seen before run past him and his headache grew far more severe, causing him to drop to one knee and hold his head, "AAAAAUGH!" The pain intensified even more, "GAH! AAAAAAUGH! He heard another rustling and heard voices, "This one looks unfamiliar." "The boss will pay us well for this one." "You think it's a Legendary." "Just catch it already, it looks in pain." Yoshiro felt an object hit him in the head and his head suddenly felt like it was going to split open, "AAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!" Yoshiro concentrated as hard as he could, but couldn't find the ability to turn on his psychic ability, he knew that he only felt like this because of the presence of a powerful psychic probing his mind.

One of the voices moved forward, "It's in pain." Yoshiro quickly drew his pistol and aimed it at the voice, "Take... another... step... I dare... you..." Another voice spoke up, "Woah, I don't think this thing is a pokemon at all, man, the boss would really love one of these things." Yoshiro struggled to his feet, keeping the pistol firmly aimed at the person in question. As he opened his eyes, he saw a black uniform with a large red R on it, "Mercenaries... no." The pain suddenly lessened in intensity and he recomposed himself, "Your move, make the right one or I deep six your friend here." The six person group looked at each other and rushed at Yoshiro, but as Yoshiro shot, he caught a glimpse of a barrier appearing between them, his shot splashing harmlessly against it. The six man group went wide eyed and started to run away at what they saw, confusing Yoshiro.

Yoshiro turned around to see a creature he didn't recognize, and a human woman wearing large bracelets and an outfit that showed her midriff. He couldn't decide if she was friend or foe and instinctively raised his pistol only to watch it get snatched from his hand. The woman looked at him, "That's not normally how someone thanks the person that saved their life, those are Team Rocket grunts. Not much of a challenge to a pokemon trainer such as myself, but to someone like you..." Yoshiro looked at her, "You were in my mind, you know how much of a threat they are." The woman shook her head, "I was never in your mind." Yoshiro felt a pain in his head and a voice speak in his mind, "I was." Yoshiro looked around, "Where are you?" The same creature timidly looked out from behind a tree, speaking into his mind, "I did, Yoshiro."

Yoshiro sighed slightly, "Please get out of my head, that's extremely painful for me." He turned to the strange black haired, pink eyed woman, "Please give me back my firearm." The woman looked at it, "Tell me your name." Yoshiro sighed, "Colonel Yoshiro Miyamae of the Raptor Mercenary Force. I lead the First Regiment of the First Brigade of the First Division." The woman nodded slightly, "So you're paramilitary?" Yoshiro nodded, "Yes, ma'am, I am. Though I'm starting to get on in years." Yoshiro ran his hand through his gray hair, "I've not even reached the halfway point of my natural lifespan and yet, life has stressed me out to where my hair lost its natural black color." The woman nodded, "Sabrina, I'm the leader of the Saffron Gym. And that creature which is timidly getting closer to you is a Gardevoir."

Yoshiro nodded and looked at the Gardevoir, "If it is the one that looked into my mind, then it knows about who I am and what I've done in the past." The Gardevoir stepped back slightly, obviously sensing anger from Yoshiro, but Yoshiro let it go, "I'm never one to say that I'm proud of what I've done in my life, Sabrina. Are humans the dominant species on the planet." Sabrina nodded slightly and Yoshiro sighed, "Can't be walking around like this." Yoshiro closed his eyes and quickly shifted into his Fennikkusu form, from there, he altered the wings away and rounded out his ears. He kept the remaining physical features as he opened his eyes, "This should work as a disguise, though it has drained me of caloric energy." Sabrina folded her arms, "Why didn't you just use an illusion, you're psionic, I can feel it."

Yoshiro waved his hand and suddenly vanished from sight, "I can bend light around me, but I cannot alter it. To cast a spell that would trick people into believing that I'm something different would have a significant drain upon me." Yoshiro reappeared and continued, "In short, it wouldn't last very long. But the shape shifting that my people do can last indefinitely, although it's still quite, painful to go through. It's not like you see in the movies, the pain at first is excruciating, but the more you do it, the more you get used to it." Sabrina nodded and the Gardevoir wrapped her arms around Yoshiro's arm, causing Sabrina to laugh, "My Gym isn't too far from here, if you don't mind a bustling city, I can let you stay. After all, you are a psychic." Yoshiro nodded, "Thanks, Sabrina. That would be great."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: Beneath the Blaze(20th Anniversary Crossover/Violence/Blood)

#2 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 1

Yoshiro followed Sabrina into Saffron city, he was rather astounded by the sheer magnitude of the size of the buildings in the city and Sabrina took notice of this, "You seem to be confused." Yoshiro shook his head, "No, just where I come from, we don't build this high, we tend to be more in line with nature. Though that didn't stop us from..." Yoshiro stopped himself and Sabrina asked, curious, "From what?" Yoshiro shook his head, "Can't say that, you'll have to forgive me, and don't bother trying to delve into my mind, I've already shielded it." Sabrina nodded, "I can't even sense you, so... trying to enter your mind would be a waste of time." Yoshiro nodded slightly and turned to look at Gardevoir who was looking at a cookie shop, "Well, seems she has her eyes on some sugary confections and unfortunately, I don't have any money on me. Hmmm... kind of hungry myself, do you know where a pawn store is?"

Sabrina shook her head, "Allow me to pay for it, you're a guest and a fellow psychic." Yoshiro shook his head, "I insist." Sabrina sighed as she got the feeling this wasn't going to be anything less than a struggle, "Down the road, about a block, take a left and two blocks down that road on your left. You want someone to go with you?" Yoshiro shook his head and leaned in to whisper so that no one would catch wind of it, "Just between you and I, I'm used to this form. I'll be alright." Sabrina nodded and Yoshiro looked at the Gardevoir, "You stay with her, alright, I'll be fine." The Gardevoir nodded slightly and got close to Sabrina as Yoshiro waved his fingerless gloved hand and followed Sabrina's directions. It was a simple matter for him to reach the pawn shop and when he entered, he saw an elderly man standing behind the counter, "A biker, huh? I don't want any trouble."

Yoshiro walked up to the counter, "I'm not interested in trouble either, just looking to make a transaction." The elderly man nodded, "Alright, sonny, what do you offer?" Yoshiro held back his comment, he knew for a fact he was much older than this human. Yoshiro pulled out a bag and placed three rubies on the table, "What will you give me for these." The elderly man looked at them and pulled out an appraisal kit and looked at the rubies, "These are high quality and real gemstones, you must be rich." Yoshiro shrugged, "Actually, I'm rather poor." The elderly man smiled, "I'll give you thirty five thousand poke for all of them." Yoshiro shook his head and haggled slightly, "Thirty five thousand, five hundred." The elderly man nodded and handed him the poke, Yoshiro placing it in his wallet, "Thank you for your business, sonny." Yoshiro nodded, "No problem." Yoshiro walked back out and retraced his steps to find Sabrina and Gardevoir no longer standing where they were when he left, "Hmm..."

Yoshiro walked over to the cookie shop and found the two of them sitting at a table, Gardevoir munching down on a cookie. Yoshiro sighed slightly and shook his head, "Sabrina, I told you that I had it." Sabrina smiled slightly, "Well, I've always loved pokemon." Yoshiro sat down at the table, "Let me look at your eyes." Sabrina blinked, "What?" Yoshiro shook his head, "Not like that, Sabrina. You can learn a lot about a person by their eyes." Sabrina nodded and looked Yoshiro in the eye, "Your eyes, they're full of sadness and hurt. You've seen many fights, haven't you?" Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah, like I said, ex-military and all. Your eyes, you're a gentle person deep down. You're lonely, Sabrina, you want someone to be your friend, don't you?" Sabrina reeled back slightly, shocked at this as Gardevoir looked at the two of them, still eating her cookies.

Yoshiro started to gesticulate as he spoke up about this, "Over the years I've been alive, I've learned how to read people. Deep down in your eyes, you feel isolated because of your psychic powers, to be honest. I feel the same way, but for different reasons, reasons this Gardevoir knows." Sabrina nodded, "So when will you tell me?" Yoshiro looked out the window, "Sabrina, I would rather tell you in private and not in a public place." Sabrina grabbed Yoshiro's arm, "In private, huh?" Suddenly Yoshiro found himself back in the forest with Sabrina, "What the?" Sabrina smiled softly, "Sorry, I had my Abra teleport us. Gardevoir will be able to sense me." Suddenly Gardevoir appeared, holding a bag of cookies and Sabrina looked at her, "I'm sorry, Gardevoir." Yoshiro sighed, "Well, while we're here..."

Yoshiro turned around and looked at his hand, "I'm a sniper, Sabrina. I'm one step above being an assassin and I've killed more people than an entire army platoon combined. Where I come from, I have the nickname of Grim Reaper, because the first thing people know of my presence if they're not on my side is someone dies. Yet, I regret doing it... every time. However, when the time comes, I'm cold... almost heartless. I will never hesitate." Sabrina put her hand on his shoulder, "Lt. Surge told me what war was like, he told me that snipers have it the worst, because they have to deal with knowing that the person on the other side of their weapon is indeed a person and not something beneath them." Gardevoir hugged Yoshiro tightly, and Yoshiro gasped as her horn prodded him in the back.

Sabrina nodded, "So, let's go back to Saffron City, don't worry, I don't think any less of you, Yoshiro." Yoshiro nodded, "Thanks. Um... do you know of any place that sells meat?" Sabrina nodded, "I know of a fast food place that serves hamburgers near my gym." Yoshiro turned to look at her, confused, "I have no idea what a hamburger..." Yoshiro didn't get the chance to finish before he found himself in said fast food joint, "Oh come on, at least warn me when you are going to teleport me!" Sabrina and Gardevoir appeared, Sabrina chuckling, "Actually, Abra did that on his own." Yoshiro sighed, "Well, when in Maan Vaalsi." Yoshiro walked up to the counter and ordered a burger, after paying for it, he began to wonder how it would taste. It wasn't long before he got it and looked at Sabrina, "Let's head to your gym, I'll eat this on the way there." Sabrina nodded slightly at that and started to walk to her gym, with Yoshiro and Gardevoir in tow.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#3 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 2

Yoshiro bit into the hamburger as the three of them walked, the flavors blended perfectly as he chewed. He swallowed his food before he spoke up, "This is amazing." Sabrina looked at him, "You act like you've never had a hambur... you're not from this world, are you?" Yoshiro spoke quietly, "Don't bring that up again in public, you'll start a panic." Sabrina nodded, that was the last thing she wanted to do. She stopped suddenly in front of a building, "Well, here we are, Saffron City Gym. I know it isn't much, but it's my home away from home." Yoshiro nodded and looked at the burger, "I'm going to guess that you'll have serious problems with me bringing this in there." Sabrina nodded, "I like to keep things clean, to be honest." Yoshiro looked into her pink eyes and she frowned, "Stop that, your little fox kit eyes aren't going to make me change my mind." Yoshiro chuckled, "Aw, did I really have fox kit eyes?"

Sabrina sighed, "Finish that off and throw the wrapper into the..." Yoshiro quickly polished off the rest of the burger, which caused her to stop. He balled up the wrapper and tossed it into the trash bin, causing her to become surprised, "...what was that?" Yoshiro smirked, "I'll tell you when we're inside." Sabrina nodded and the three of them headed inside the gym, there were a myriad of Psychic pokemon and Yoshiro could notice that all of them had their attention focused on him, "Eh, they probably won't care. Sabrina, I'm a hunter. You've seen my true form, but you have not seen how I eat when I'm in the wilderness and without any supplies left." Yoshiro smirked, "I've killed my own food and eaten it fresh, someone like me has to pack light, lest I risk detection. However, when I wasn't on a sniping role and played a more traditional soldier's role I got access to food that was always ready for me to eat."

Yoshiro smirked, "The first thing that was created were rations. They came in these little cans, looked bad, smelled worse and tasted even worse. The next thing, created by chefs were Meals Ready to Eat, or M.R.E.s for short. Those were hit or miss, with more hits than misses. As for what you've said, yes, I'm not from this world, but aside from that, I cannot tell you more. At any rate, I'm going to go into the other room and relax a bit." Sabrina nodded, "Alone?" Yoshiro nodded, "Don't worry, Gardevoir, it's not like I'm going far without you." Gardevoir nodded and Yoshiro walked to an adjacent room, closing the door behind him as he sat down on the bed. Yoshiro looked around and took out a locket, which he opened to see a picture of his Nakama, Rogelio Sanez Lorca. He sighed and started to sing in his native tongue.

"Kimi ga oshieta afureru kimochi. Itsumo maemuki sonna iki kata ga ii yo ne. Biru ni katamuku Tokai no Yuuki. Miagete kyuu ni damattarishite shinpai sa. Mune ni egaku Yume wo dare ka jama [censored]. Makezu ni iru kagayaki ga suki da yo. Dakara, one more time! Ano Yuuki EERU okuru yo! Kitto kanau yo Yume de owaranai! Tomaranai de! Ano kimi ni aitai no sa." Yoshiro closed his hand around the locket and placed his hand against his chest as he continued singing in his native tongue, "Omou mama ganbatte. Namida wo kigaetara ato sukoshi da yo. Chiisai MISU wa waraitobashite. Shizunda Kimochi kesshite kureta yo ne Ano toki. Kyou wa watashi ga tonari ni iru yo. Fusai ga KOKORO to koka iku made. Hora Namida to egao onaji kisetsu sugite. Wakaru tsumori tokubetsu sa kimi dake. Dakara, one more time! Kachi totte kimi no Ashita! Shinjiteiru yo Akiramenaide ne! Wasurenaide! Saisho kara mitsumetetai! Kimira shiku mou ichido! Subete wo bane ni [censored] ima nara dekiru..."

Yoshiro looked out of the window with a longing sigh, as he continued singing, his voice more noticeably saddened, "Dakara... one more time... Ano Yuuki EERU okuru yo. Kitto kanau yo Yume de owaranai. Tomaranai de. Ano kimi ni aitai no sa. Omou mama ganbatte... Namida wo kigaetara ato sukoshi da yo." Yoshiro took his hand off the locket and sighed, laying down on the bed, when he watched as Sabrina teleported in, startling him enough to fall out of the bed, "Holy mother of!" As Yoshiro hit the ground, he felt his heart rapidly beat from his surprise, Gardevoir teleporting in and offering him her hand. Yoshiro sighed and grabbed the Gardevoir's hand, who tried to help him up, but Yoshiro grabbed the bed and pulled himself up, "Holy crap, Sabrina. Next time warn me that you're going to teleport into my room, for all you know, I could've been indecent."

Sabrina looked at him, her pink eyes staring into his, "We both know that isn't true." Yoshiro sighed, "Alright, you got me there." Sabrina sighed, "Your singing was beautiful, though I could detect some sadness in the last part of the song. Why?" Yoshiro sighed, "Sabrina, I envy you and your people." Sabrina blinked, "My people?" Yoshiro looked down at his locket, "I loved him, I loved him deeply." Sabrina blinked, "I didn't peg you for being gay." Yoshiro shook his head, "I'm not, I'm straight as an arrow. But he was my Nakama." Sabrina blinked, "Your what?" Gardevoir spoke up, "Gar... garde... garrr... gardevoir!" Yoshiro shook his head, "There is no word in Common that Nakama translates to, the closest equivalent would be brotherhood." Sabrina nodded, "So what happened to your brother?"

Yoshiro stood up, "I was five hundred and twenty years old when I watched him die before my very eyes." Sabrina blinked, "There's no way you could be five hundred and twenty!" Yoshiro nodded, "I'm seven hundred and thirty-two years old. Stress has made my hair lose its color completely and I'm not even at the halfway point of my lifespan." Sabrina blinked, she was in disbelief, but Gardevoir closed her eyes and then Sabrina looked at him, "This Gardevoir just shared what she gathered from your own mind. You... you have had a rough life and a very long one compared to us humans." Yoshiro nodded, "Understatement of the year. But to be honest, I just want to see Rogelio again." Sabrina nodded, "The loss of a loved one is always the hardest. However, you should get some rest, I have guests coming over later and don't want you to be exhausted." Yoshiro nodded, "Thank you, Sabrina. Just uh, if they ask me questions, let me lie to them. Believe me, last thing I want to happen is the truth to get out and have to deal with a panic." Sabrina nodded, "Don't worry, I won't say a word about this."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#4 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 3

Yoshiro sighed as he laid in the bed, Gardevoir looked at him with a frown, "Garde... gardevoir..." Yoshiro nodded, "You want me to lower the barrier in my head... fine." Yoshiro concentrated and shut off his psionic barrier, "There we go, you do know that what you are planning is going to cause me great pain, right?" Gardevoir shook her head and Yoshiro chuckled, "Telepathy isn't exactly harmful, you can go ahead and speak, it'll give me a headache, but honestly, I've had worse." Her voice spoke into his head, "Your amulet looks like the stone my mom gave me." Yoshiro nodded, "It's a possibility, gemstones are... quite similar to each other." Gardevoir shook her head, "No, it's different, it has special power, and mom told me to give it to someone I could trust. When I looked into your mind, I saw what person you really are. You told Sabrina that you're a killer, but I know better. You are..."

Yoshiro sighed, "I am sworn by oath to protect the innocent people that I encounter, even if it costs me my life. I am not a Paladin, but a new type of knight, a Kensei Knight, taught by some of the best people where I come from. Is that what you want to hear?" Gardevoir shook her head, "Sarcasm doesn't become you." Yoshiro smirked, "I disagree, Gardevoir. By the way, would you like a different name than that, I mean if a bunch of your species gets together in the same room as you, how would I be able to tell the difference?" Gardevoir frowned, "Hey, that's quite racist." Yoshiro shook his head, "Two things. One, Speciesist. Two, knowledge of your scent does me no good while I'm in this form. So what do you think about a name, something to personally identify you, something to set you apart from the others."

Gardevoir looked away and placed her hand on her chest, "I don't know, I've never had a name before. I was always a Gardevoir." Yoshiro stood up, "You said it yourself, you trust me, right?" Gardevoir nodded, "I didn't say those exact words, but I can trust you. Deep in your heart is the desire to protect people and... you're the first person that I ran into that didn't throw a pokeball at me." Yoshiro shrugged, "One of those people threw one at my head, it didn't do anything." Gardevoir nodded, "Well, it's hard to explain, but pokemon become many things for people when caught, but... here." Yoshiro watched as she pulled out a crystal and placed it into his hand, "Put your magic into that... I want to test something." Yoshiro nodded and grabbed it, he channeled his mana into the crystal.

The crystal started glowing brightly, Yoshiro was forced to close his eyes, but he felt Gardevoir start to merge with him. He didn't struggle at all as his body changed colors. He felt the gown of Gardevoir meld into leggings that he once saw people in the far east of his world use. His hair changed shape and he finally opened his eyes to see the light was gone, Gardevoir spoke in his head, "I'm helping you adjust to this, to be fair, it's very strange for me, but seeing as you're the host, you need my help more than I need yours." Yoshiro looked at his gloved green hand, "It's a symbiotic relationship, Esperanza." Yoshiro's head tilted as he heard Gardevoir speak in his head, "What's that?" Yoshiro looked at the wall, "It means hope in the Mofeta tongue, tongue being language. It's a name that my Nakama's sister held." Yoshiro realized that he could sense something outside of his room, "Curses!"

Esperanza's voice spoke in his head, "You want me to tell you how to undo it." Yoshiro watched the doorknob turn, "No time." Yoshiro watched as a young brown eyed woman wearing a kimono walked in, a Leafeon next to her, "You must be the person Sabrina was talking about, though you look different." Yoshiro tried to come up with anything that wasn't the truth, but couldn't, "I merged with a Gardevoir." Yoshiro sighed as he realized he had told the truth about the situation but the woman looked up at him, "Bill had something similar to him happen a few years back." Yoshiro thought to himself, "Just roll with it." He nodded, "Yeah, teleport incident, lucky to be alive and all." The woman nodded, "I understand, I'm Erika, the gym leader of Celadon City, are you new here?" Yoshiro nodded, "Yoshiro Miayame, and yes, I come from." Esperanza's voice spoke up in his head, "Unova."

Yoshiro continued, "Unova." Erika nodded, "I heard that place is nice, what's your home town." Esperanza spoke up in his head again, "Nimbasa City." Yoshiro shrugged, "Just Nimbasa city, it's a great place for those seeking entertainment, but alas, I got bored and decided to wander the world." Erika nodded, "It must have been hard on you leaving your hometown." Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah, it was. But there always comes a time where a man has to leave his surroundings and go on a journey." He watched as the Leafeon brushed against his leg, "Do you mind if I scratch behind its ears?" Erika shook her head, "No, go right on ahead." Yoshiro knelt down and started scratching the Leafeon behind the ears, "So what brings you here, Erika." Erika sighed, "You encountered some people with the letter R on their uniforms, yes?"

Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah, they were rather silly people, they ran when Sabrina came onto the scene." Erika nodded, "They're Team Neo Rocket and we don't know what their plans are, I was hoping that you were to learn anything more about them." Yoshiro shrugged, "I don't know anything about them, but if their leader is smart, they'll have gone over the Evil Overlord List." Erika blinked, "I didn't know you were a Troper." Yoshiro shook his head and arched a brow, "A what now?" Erika smiled softly, "Never mind. Anyhow, thanks for your cooperation." As Erika turned around to leave, Yoshiro reached out and grabbed her shoulder, "Look, if you need someone to help you with Team Neo Rocket, I'm willing to help out. I might not have a lot of experience with pokemon, but I'm a former soldier." Erika nodded, "I'll talk with the others and we'll tell you what we come up with. Come on Leafeon." Yoshiro watched as the two of them left the room and looked back at the ceiling, "Well, here we go again."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#5 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 4

Yoshiro looked at the burst heart that he was given and removed his mana from it, he and Esperanza separated and the two of them walked into the main room of the gym, where he saw a few other people that he didn't recognize, one of them was a man wearing a military uniform, another was an orange haired girl, the third was an elderly man with a thick mustache and the final one was a man dressed as a ninja. Yoshiro looked at all of them and then looked at the man who was dressed as a Ninja, "You're the odd one out here, what's with the uniform." The man looked at him, "Fufufufu, I am Koga of Fuchsia City. I am a student of Ninjitsu. I have been called a Ninja Master." Yoshiro nodded, "You certainly are sure of yourself there." The man in the military uniform spoke up, "You're military, aren't you?"

Yoshiro shook his head, "Mercenary, Ex-military to be exact." The man spoke up, "I'm Lieutenant Surge, I was in the American Military. How about you?" Yoshiro shook his head, "I have no interest in sharing my past with you, But if you must call me by rank and surname, Colonel Miyamae." Lieutenant Surge chuckled, "You got a lot of nerve not telling me what military you served under, before becoming a Mercenary. What if you're an enemy soldier." Yoshiro sighed, "If I was, you'd be dead right now. I do not have a habit of talking to my enemies." The elderly man spoke up, "You've got a fire in your gut young man, Misty, you might not be the most fiery person in this room." Misty looked at the Elderly man, "Blaine, what's that supposed to mean!?" Blaine chuckled, "Nothing in particular, but my my. There's more to this man that meets the eye."

Sabrina entered the room, "I see that neither Blue nor Brock could make it here." Blaine nodded, "It's a rather sad state of affairs, I know." Lieutenant Surge spoke up, "This is about those Team Neo Rocket fellas that we've all been hearing about in the news, right?" Sabrina nodded, "Yoshiro here was found being attacked by them, as was this Gardevoir." Yoshiro spoke up, "Her name is Esperanza." Sabrina nodded, "Esperanza was being chased when Yoshiro stepped in, they used some weird power to cripple him." Yoshiro knew exactly what had happened, and knew that Sabrina wasn't being honest in order to protect him as revealing his true nature would cause mass panic within the room and would only serve to harm their cause. Yoshiro closed his eyes and spoke up, "We have no idea where they will attack next. You guys are the strongest pokemon trainers from each of your respective cities, right?"

Sabrina nodded and Lieutenant Surge spoke up, "We're leaving our cities unprotected without a gym leader is what you're saying." Yoshiro opened his eyes and looked at him, "Any force needs some sort of leader, you guys are that leader. You increase the morale of the other trainers within your respective cities by being there. Though a victory isn't impossible if they attack, it's less likely than if you were present." Koga nodded, "He's right, you know, though Fuchsia is a city of ninjas, it would be hard to attack." Yoshiro nodded, "True, but... there was something off about them." Yoshiro remembered that through the pain he picked up a heavily synthetic smell, he knew something was off, but couldn't pick up on what, "They seemed more perceptive than anyone I've ever met."

Blaine nodded, "If what you say is true, then this is a problem." Yoshiro nodded, "I have no idea what they're going to do next, but. If I had to guess the most important place in the region would be..." Misty interrupted, "Sliph Co. It's in Saffron City, this city." Yoshiro nodded at her, and then his gut sank as he came to a realization, "Guys, we should get out of here, immediately." Sabrina's eyes widened as she realized what Yoshiro was thinking, "Everyone! Out of the gym now!" All pokemon that can, teleport out!" Everyone else started running for the exit, but Yoshiro started to look around for the device that had been planted, Sabrina took notice, "What are you doing!?" Yoshiro sighed, "Get out, I'm going to go look for the device. If I can find it, I can minimize the damage it can do."

Sabrina nodded and Esperanza joined Yoshiro was Sabrina evacuated the building, Yoshiro started to look around the building for it, cursing the fact that he could return to his normal form without hurting himself severely. Yoshiro sighed and closed his eyes, he started to hear a beeping sound in the other room and frowned, "Oh no." The last time he had heard this sound, he had the roof blown out from below him, he had fallen and hit the floor below. As he had tried to get up, the floor collapsed and he fell three stories to slam into a desk, which he and the desk fell another five floors. He had been lucky to survive the encounter. As the memories left his mind, he realized he had entered a state where his perception of time had slowed down greatly. He growled, "Not this time!"

He was thankful for the boost in magic the Fennikkusu form gave him, regardless of wings and ears. He grabbed Esperanza and closed his eyes, pulling her in as he formed a strong barrier around the two of them. Esperanza realized what was going on and used reflect to bolster the barrier. The device detonated, and chunks of wall hit their combined barrier and the ceiling collapsed, falling around them. When the dust settled, Yoshiro opened his eyes and dropped his barrier, he could feel that he was drained, but Esperanza seemed to have lost consciousness. He picked her up and smiled, "We saved each other's life." Sabrina climbed over the rubble, "Are you two alright." Yoshiro nodded, "I got to get Esperanza to a place she can rest, but we saved the lives of each other." Sabrina nodded, "The building with the red rooftop is a pokemon center, take her there and the two of you rest up. We'll make our next move from here." Yoshiro nodded, "You and I should Rendezvous in Celadon City." Sabrina nodded, "Tomorrow, for today, the two of you rest."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#6 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 5

Yoshiro walked into the pokemon center as he was told to do so by Sabrina, he carried Esperanza in both arms as he walked through the doors. He noticed a woman with blue eyes and pink hair at the counter, "Nurse, she needs help." Nurse Joy looked at him and then at Esperanza, "What happened?" Yoshiro sighed, "We were at the gym, I grabbed her and used my body to shield her, but she... did something and well, she lost consciousness." Nurse Joy gasped, "You were at the center of the explosion, poor thing must have used reflect to save your life." Yoshiro nodded, as two Chansey wheeled out a stretcher and he put Esperanza on it, "May I go back there?" Nurse Joy shook her head, "I'm afraid you'll have to wait out here." Yoshiro nodded slightly and sat down on a bench. As his back hit the bench, he realized he still had his sword strapped there and took it off, placing it against the window as he looked out.

The people were still in a mild panic, the authorities were trying to get the situation under control. He looked at his hands and balled them into fists, slamming them onto the table, "Curses! If only I had realized sooner! I could've stopped all of this!" A woman sat down across from him, she looked at him with amber eyes and took her hat, revealing unkempt teal hair. Yoshiro didn't look up at her, so she cleared her throat, "Eyewitnesses say that you emerged from the explosion that happened earlier unharmed." Yoshiro nodded, "That's right." The woman folded her arms, "Mind telling me what happened?" Yoshiro closed his eyes, "It was a bomb. Someone wants to get rid of the gym leaders apparently. When I realized this was a possibility, I had hoped that I was wrong, but I wasn't. I was right."

The woman nodded, "Uh-huh. So what tipped you off that it could've been a bomb." Yoshiro looked up and into her eyes, "I'm ex-military, I'm a mercenary nowadays. Though I've gotten some time off and right now, I'm exploring the world." The woman looked at him, "Part of that isn't true, do you have an alibi that proves that you weren't the one who planted it." Yoshiro shook his head and noticed Sabrina walking towards the Pokemon Center, through the window. The woman pulled out handcuffs, "Then I'm afraid that I'm going to have to hold you until we get this case settled." Yoshiro nodded and stood up, the woman pulling out a pokeball and Yoshiro looking at it, "Relax." The woman nodded and stood up, "I'm sure that you realize this is protocol, yes?" Yoshiro nodded and quietly spoke, "Yes."

Sabrina walked into the door, "Officer Jenny, he couldn't have planted the device." Officer Jenny turned around to look at Sabrina, "Psychic powers aren't testimony." Sabrina nodded, "I know they're not, but when I left the gym, I sensed his presence. He's a powerful psychic, so I went to investigate. There were team Neo Rocket grunts harassing him when I found him. When we returned to the gym, he stayed in a guest room until the gym leaders gathered, it was there that he realized what was going on. If it wasn't for him, we'd all be dead right now, so I owe him my life." Officer Jenny nodded, "Well, he's still in possession of weaponry." Sabrina nodded, "He's a mercenary." Yoshiro interrupted, "You have a .45 caliber handgun in that handbag." Officer Jenny looked shocked, "How do you... did you read my mind?" Yoshiro shook his head, "It's the only place you could hide it."

Officer Jenny nodded, "And how'd you get the caliber right?" Yoshiro shrugged, "Standard issue police weapon, really. It's not really all that hard to guess. I've been all over the world." Officer Jenny nodded, "Well, I'm going to let you go this time, but if you commit any crimes, I'll be back, remember that." Yoshiro nodded, "Alright." Officer Jenny stood up and left as Sabrina sat down, Yoshiro turned back to look at the door leading to the ER in the back and Sabrina spoke up, "You're worried about her, aren't you?" Yoshiro nodded, "I'm tired of watching people and things that I care about die." Sabrina nodded, "Would you like something to drink?" Yoshiro nodded, "Coffee, please. Black." Sabrina nodded and got up, leaving Yoshiro to his thoughts, Yoshiro found himself handling the fact that he was almost killed by an explosion again quite well.

Soon, Sabrina came back with the cup of coffee and sat it down next to him, "Yoshiro, you seem shaken up." Yoshiro nodded, "Just before the detonation, I flashed back to a memory of nearly three hundred years ago." Sabrina blinked, "You remember that far back?" Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah, someone had cloned my half brother and it was my job to take out the clone, but his allies had trapped the only building I could get a clear shot on him. I caught a scent of the explosive, and realized that it was a proximity fuse that was triggered when I landed. I had to find a clear path through the sensors and off the building. However, I didn't do it. The roof collapsed under me, I feel three stories, hitting each floor and it collapsed under me, then I hit a desk. That fell five stories and then the upper part of the building collapsed on that, just as I rolled under it."

Sabrina nodded, "Sounds rough, you're lucky to be alive." Yoshiro nodded, "I was in a coma for two months. I've retired from the battlefield more times than you can imagine, but you can take the man out of war, but you can't take the war out of the man." Sabrina nodded, "Are you going to drink your coffee?" Yoshiro picked up the cup and placed it against his lips, taking a sip of the coffee. The bitterness of it was enough to snap him out of the worst of how he felt, but he was still sad. However, Nurse Joy walked out of the door, "Sir, your Gardevoir is going to be just fine. She merely passed out from the stress, and will need to stay overnight to recover." Yoshiro nodded, relieved to hear the news, "Mind if I stay the night? I've nowhere else to go." Nurse Joy shook her head, "Staying here at the pokemon center is free as long as we're taking care of your pokemon and you'll be able to eat, provided you can pay for it." Yoshiro nodded, "Thank you."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#7 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 6

Yoshiro awoke in the middle of the night, he had fallen asleep on the floor of the pokemon center, plates of food were still in front of him. He sighed slightly as he stood up quietly, so as not to disturb Sabrina and started to walk out of the building, when Sabrina stirred awake, "Yoshiro, where are you going?" Yoshiro sighed and looked at her, "I can't relax, so much has happened today and well... you've seen my memories through Esperanza." Sabrina nodded, "Be careful out there." She reached into her pocket and pulled out something, tossing it to him, "If you need anything, call me on this." Yoshiro nodded and placed the object in his pocket, "I will." Yoshiro left the building and sighed slightly as the lights of the city were still on and still quite bright, he wasn't a fan of brightly lit cities at night, but he knew humans loved them.

He walked through the streets of Saffron City, looking for some park or something to sit down in and take in the nature, but couldn't find any. However, something caught his eye, it was a clothing store that was still open. He took that as a good sign and walked into the store, not knowing what he expected to find. He found himself face to face with an elderly woman who looked at him, "You don't seem to be a pokemon trainer, what are you doing here?" Yoshiro spoke truthfully, "Clearing my head. A lot happened today and I just cannot sleep, you know how it can be." The woman nodded, "Goodness, you must be the person that survived that explosion." Yoshiro looked at her, "How does everyone know that?" The woman pointed at a TV, which was playing a broadcast of the news, which showed him carrying an unconscious Gardevoir and Yoshiro sighed, "Ah. I see."

The woman nodded, "That Gardevoir must have meant a lot to you for it to have protected you like that." Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah. Um, this is where I can get accessories for pokemon, yes?" The woman nodded, "Of course. A hero like yourself should get a big discount, what would you like." Yoshiro sighed at being called a hero, "A scarf, sunglasses and a flower, all for a Gardevoir." The woman nodded, "That'll be twenty-five poke." Yoshiro pulled out a hundred and placed it on the counter as the woman turned away and got the items he had requested. When she turned around with them all in hand, she gasped, "I only asked for twenty-five." Yoshiro nodded, "Keep the change." The woman nodded and placed the items in the bag, "Thank you, is there anything else I can do for you?" Yoshiro nodded, "Point me to the nearest motorbike dealership." The woman nodded, "Right down the road."

Yoshiro nodded and waved as he took the bag and walked out, "Thank you." He walked down the road to the dealership, where he saw a dark green motorbike sitting on the lot, an elderly man walked up to him, "You seem to have your eye on that bike, I'll tell you what. Since you're a biker, I'll give you a deal on that machine." Yoshiro shook his head, "I want to pay full price." The elderly man nodded, "Suit yourself, it's fifteen thousand poke, one hundred for the helmet that you lack." Yoshiro nodded and pulled out the money, handing it to him and the man walked into the building near them to count the money. When the man came back, he tossed Yoshiro a helmet and a set of keys, "Here you go." Yoshiro nodded, "Thank you." Yoshiro sat down on the seat of the motorbike and smiled softly as he stuck the key in the ignition and turned it on, the familiar purr of the engine made him feel a lot better.

He placed the helmet on his head and made sure it was strapped tightly. He looked at the stretch of road in front of him and kicked the kickstand up and hit the accelerator, lifting his feet off the ground at the motorbike started moving, "Yeah, this feels far better." Since it was night, there was near no traffic in Saffron and he rode the motorbike to the Pokemon center without any incident. He hit the brakes when he reached the building, and kicked down the kickstand, looking up to the sky as he turned the key and pulled it out of the ignition. He sighed as he stood up and placed his helmet down on the seat of his bike with a smile, "Tomorrow, we get to go to Celadon City, I wonder how Esperanza will handle being on a motorbike. She probably has never been on one."

He walked back into the building and Sabrina looked up at him, "You bought yourself a motorcycle?" Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah, it's my preferred method of transportation. I can't really stand cars myself. Never could." Sabrina nodded as she pointed to a sword that was left on the floor, "You left that there." Yoshiro nodded and picked the sword up, strapping it to his belt, "I left it so that if I wasn't back when she woke up, Esperanza would know that I hadn't abandoned her." Sabrina nodded and Yoshiro walked to the reception desk, "Excuse me, is it fine if I go back and see my Gardevoir?" The nurse looked at him, "Sure thing, go through those doors and she's on the fifth room on the left. She's still sleeping." Yoshiro nodded and turned to Sabrina, "Don't wait for me in the morning, I'll be able to get to Celadon on my own." Sabrina nodded, "Alright, good night, Yoshiro." Yoshiro smiled softly, "Good night, Sabrina."

Yoshiro walked through the doors and down the hall to the fifth room on the left. When he opened the door, he saw Esperanza laying on the bed and he walked in. He pulled up a chair next to the bed with a sigh, "I'm glad that you're alright, Esperanza, I didn't want you to get hurt. Though I don't understand why you did what you did." Esperanza didn't stir, she was still in a deep sleep, but Yoshiro smiled and placed the bag of things he had gotten for her on a table near the bed, "Don't worry, I'm not going to abandon you. Anyhow, you make sure you get some sleep, I'll be here in the morning when you wake up." Yoshiro looked out the window, "I've been on night watch when it came to protecting wounded allies ever since the beginning. I'll make sure that nothing happens to this place, so you can rest easy."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#8 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 7

Esperanza awoke and looked to her side, where Yoshiro was sitting, he was looking down and he was breathing softly. She smiled softly and reached over to hug him. Yoshiro stirred the moment she got close to him and she gasped slightly. Yoshiro's head moved and his ice blue eyes looked into her red eyes, "Morning, sleepyhead." Esperanza shook her head and spoke into his mind, telepathically, "You were the one that was asleep. I'm thankful that you're alright." Yoshiro nodded, "That gown, can you do anything about it?" Esperanza shook her head and Yoshiro sighed, "I was afraid of that." Yoshiro walked out and soon returned with a pokeball, "I'll have to keep you in this while we head to Celadon, if that gown of yours got caught in the wheels of my new motorcycle, it'd tear it clean off and you'd more than likely not survive and to be honest. I don't want to see you die." Esperanza nodded and touched the button on the pokeball, she was converted to energy and entered the pokeball.

Yoshiro looked through the top of it, "Don't worry, you'll be safe in my pocket." He pressed the button that miniaturized the ball and placed it in his pocket. He moved his sword from his belt, to his back. He strapped his shield to his back and walked out of the pokemon center. He reached into his pocket and placed his helmet on. He stuck the key in the ignition and kicked up his kickstand. He lowered the visor of his helmet, when Esperanza spoke to him, "Something is coming." Yoshiro nodded, "Keep me informed. I don't want to break the law here." He hit the throttle and lifted his feet off the ground, turning onto the road that led out of the city and towards Celadon. He weaved around cars on the two lane road, but then the cars suddenly stopped showing up, "You getting a bad feeling, Esperanza?"

Esperanza spoke up, "Yeah, I am." Yoshiro felt a tingling on the back of his neck and moved his motorcycle into the adjacent lane as a bolt of electricity hit the ground, "Clever!" Esperanza spoke up, "Mega Charizard X, behind us!" Yoshiro looked into his rear view mirror and let go of the handlebars with his offhand, grabbing his gun as Esperanza spoke up, "Move to the right lane!" Yoshiro steered the motorcycle to the right lane as he drew his pistol, as a ball of energy hit the ground, creating a crater where he was, "What was that!?" Esperanza spoke up, "Focus Blast, basically a ball of Ki thrown your way. By the way, speed up!" Yoshiro twisted the accelerator further, increasing his speed, as a symbol made of fire hit the ground, "Someone's controlling that thing. It's keeping me from being able to turn and aim at it." Esperanza spoke up, "Slow down!" Yoshiro hit the brakes as a rock slammed into the ground in his path.

He was barely able to move the bike out of the way and started driving through the grass, "Whoever it is, they're real determined to kill me." Esperanza spoke out, "BRACE!" Yoshiro braced and he suddenly felt the ground beneath him and the bike violently shake, throwing him off of the motorcycle at an excess of seventy miles per hour. Yoshiro hit the ground and bounced off of it, thanking his verbanan physiology for allowing him to take the impact without breaking anything, he rolled up the road, his clothing and skin getting torn a bit, but none of his bones breaking. The Charizard however, never came down, another thing he was thankful for. Yoshiro noticed his gun next to him and moved his eyes, Esperanza spoke up, "Yoshiro, you're hurt." Yoshiro didn't say anything back, causing Esperanza to worry, "Are you awake."

Yoshiro couldn't see the Charizard and grabbed his gun. He picked himself off the ground as he did so, scanning the area with his eyes. He used his free hand to reach into his pocket and grab the Pokeball, when Esperanza called out, "Behind you!" Yoshiro turned around and saw the Charizard, as he grabbed the pokeball he took aim with the pistol, leading his target, before firing off a single shot. The shot lanced out and hit the Charizard square in the middle of the head, killing it instantly. Yoshiro used the time to press the button on the pokeball to make it grow and then tossed it into the air, releasing Esperanza, who looked at him, "You killed that Charizard!" Yoshiro turned to see the person controlling the Charizard, "Yeah, couldn't bring you out in time." Esperanza threw the blast heart to Yoshiro who caught it as the opposing man grabbed a pokeball, "Goodra! Go!"

Yoshiro infused mana into the Blast Heart and fused with Esperanza, the opposing person looked at him, "Goodra! Use Sludge Bomb!" Yoshiro watched as Goodra opened its mouth and pulled out a ball of sludge, however he snapped his fingers and formed a barrier of light around himself. Goodra threw the sludge at him and it hit the barrier, "The power of a Gardevoir, combined with my experience and tactical knowledge. Yeah, this will do nicely." Esperanza spoke in his mind, "Let's use moonblast." Yoshiro smirked and raised his gun at the Goodra, pink energy surrounded it and he squeezed the trigger, a lance of pink energy hit the Goodra in the head, knocking it out. Yoshiro turned his focus towards the trainer, "Esperanza, do you sense anything from this trainer?" Esperanza shook her head in his mind, "Nothing."

Yoshiro took notice of the large R on the uniform of the man and shoot him in the head, Esperanza called out, "Yoshiro!" Yoshiro holstered the gun and canceled the fusion, Esperanza looked at him angrily, but Yoshiro took notice as a clear fluid came out of the head of the Neo Rocket, "This person isn't alive, Esperanza." Yoshiro pulled a knife off of his belt and cut into the skin of the Neo Rocket and when he felt the material, he immediately recognized it, "A highly advanced flesh like synthetic polymer, this thing's an android." Esperanza looked at him as Yoshiro peeled back the face to reveal the metal skull underneath, and then she gasped, "So that's why I couldn't sense him." Yoshiro nodded, "This is bad, we need to find the motorcycle and get to Celadon immediately. We have to warn Sabrina."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#9 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 8

Yoshiro rode in on his motorcycle, parking in front of a clothing store, "Awesome, I can get directions and some new threads while I'm here." Yoshiro walked into the store and walked back to the section for biker gear, remembering his size, he grabbed some clothing, when he heard a voice behind him, "Hey, punk! You think you can ride up on our turf?" Yoshiro sighed and ignored them, picking a new leather jacket for himself when he felt himself be grabbed by the shoulder and turned around, he saw a large bald man who spoke to him, "Hey! This is our turf." The man's breath was absolutely rancid and Yoshiro could only possibly imagine at how much it'd make him throw up if he was in his normal form, but he didn't quite care, "I'm not rolling up on anyone's turf." The man spat in his face, "You're lying to me, boy. I know you're part of a biker gang."

Yoshiro wiped the spit off his face, "Spit in my face again, and I'm going to break your neck." The man turned and looked at the others with him, "Hahaha! This guy says he's gonna break my neck if I spit in his face again. Idiot doesn't know that I have the advantage." The man turned around and spat in Yoshiro's face, Yoshiro concentrated and used what little mana he had left to shackle the man's free arm to his side and punched the man in the throat, causing him to stumble back and let go of him, to place his free hand on his neck. Yoshiro rushed in and grabbed the guy in a grapple, wrapping his arm around his neck and quickly and violently jerked the man's head, causing a snapping sound to happen in the lower neck of the man, "Your leader is now a quadriplegic. Any one else feel like joining him, or are you going to leave me alone?"

The other men looked at each other and most of them backed off while one of them grabbed at a knife. Yoshiro pulled his pistol on the man, "I'd honestly advise walking out, I've not had a great day and believe me when I say this. You'd just be another number." The man looked into Yoshiro's eyes, the coldness in Yoshiro's tone chilled him to the bone and the man started running away along with the others. Yoshiro went to go gather the clothing that he had bought and took them to the counter, the man that ran the store looked at him, "Thank you for getting rid of those hooligans, though you didn't quite need to break the bald one's neck." Yoshiro shrugged, "He spat in my face, where I come from, that can be considered assault with a deadly weapon." Yoshiro didn't bother to mention that where he came from, some species spat out a poisonous substance that would cause blindness.

The man nodded, "The law's the same here, if you get arrested, I'll testify on your behalf. By the way, the clothes are on me, and they stole your bike so, if you'd like, you can have mine. I don't need it anymore." Yoshiro nodded, "Thanks." The man nodded, "Would you like to get changed?" Yoshiro nodded and the man pointed to changing rooms in the back. Yoshiro walked into the back and changed out of his torn up clothing, it was at this moment that he noticed that he suffered second degree friction burns as well. Esperanza spoke up, "You're covered in scar tissue, aside from your right arm, what's up with that?" Yoshiro looked at his right arm, "You should know, you did go through my memories." Esperanza spoke up again, "If you can shapeshift, how come you keep the scars?" Yoshiro stopped to think about that, it was an excellent question and one that he honestly never thought about.

Yoshiro continued to get dressed, when Esperanza spoke up again, "You didn't need to kill that man." Yoshiro sighed, "He'll live." Esperanza broke out of her pokeball to look him in the eye, "What do you mean, he'll live." Yoshiro looked her in the eye, "Esperanza, I'm a sniper. I have intimate medical knowledge of over thirty different species. He'll live." Esperanza frowned, "Well you didn't have to break his neck." Yoshiro shrugged, "Perhaps, but, I wasn't in the mood for some lengthy fight, I chose to get the situation over and done with." As his shirt touched one of his burns, he winced, "Sss! Ah! I might need to stay in an infirmary for a couple of days." Esperanza looked at him, "A couple of days? This looks like a couple of weeks at best, Yoshiro." Yoshiro shrugged and grabbed his old clothing as he walked out of the changing room.

As he walked past the counter, the man tossed him a key, "This is to my chopper, I used to be in a biker gang, but I left and came here to sell clothing, take care of her, will you." Yoshiro nodded as he caught the keys, "Alright, thanks. Are you sure you won't need it?" The man shook his head, "Everywhere I need to go is within walking distance of my house, so I'll be fine." Yoshiro nodded, "Alright, where is it?" The man spoke up, "My house, next door. Anything else you need?" Yoshiro nodded, "The location of the Celadon gym." The man nodded, "Go three miles down the road, take a left and after going about a mile and a half, you'll reach the gym. Can't miss it." Yoshiro nodded, "Thank you." The man nodded, "No, sir. Thank you for getting rid of those hooligans. By the way, you accessorized your Gardevoir nicely."

Yoshiro nodded as Esperanza bowed, he put her back into her pokeball and put it into his pocket as he walked out and walked next door. As the garage door opened, he saw a red chopper sitting in the garage and walked over to it, checking it out. It wasn't his type of motorcycle, but it wasn't unfamiliar to him either. He took his money and gem pouches out of his pockets and then threw his old, shredded clothes into the trash can that was next to it. Placing both pouches into his pockets, he adjusted the sword on his back to stay out of his way on the new chopper, as well as his shield and checked to see his firearm's safety was on. As he sat down, he put on the helmet that was on the handlebars and put the key into the ignition, "Well Esperanza, let's go warn Sabrina about these Neo Rockets, shall we."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#10 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 9

As Yoshiro pulled up to the front of the gym, he noticed something peculiar on the ground in front of the building. He stopped his chopper and turned it off, kicking down the kickstand and standing up. He started walking towards the thing in question and he noticed it was blood, "Hmmm... odd." Yoshiro walked towards the gym's front door, when he heard a groaning sound come from the side. He detached his scabbard from his back and put it on his belt, drawing his sword with his left hand and placing his shield on his right arm. He hugged the wall as Esperanza spoke up, "I sense Sabrina and Erika, Erika isn't conscious." Yoshiro nodded and slowly moved along the wall. He stopped at the corner and took off his helmet with his right hand, throwing it into the alley to see if anyone was armed. When he heard no gunfire, he turned to see Erika and Sabrina laying on the ground, Sabrina's nose was bleeding. Yoshiro took a look as her pink eyes widened and she called out, "Look out!"

Though Yoshiro moved, he wasn't able to move out of the way, his Fennikkusu hearing wasn't as good as his Kitsune hearing and he didn't hear the movement of what had been behind him since he got to the gym. He felt something hit him in the back of the neck and suddenly it felt like fire erupted inside of him. He dropped to his knees as he noticed his hands changing through his fingerless gloves, but could do nothing about it as the shapeshifting had already started. He grabbed at the ground, grabbing handfuls of grass and dirt as the unbearable pain drove him to tears. His tail rapidly grew back, pushing his shirt up and his pants down slightly to compensate, usually he had a hole in both of them to allow his tail to go through, but with these human made garments, he had no such thing. As his hearing returned to normal, he heard a mechanical voice laugh.

Yoshiro felt his hair get pulled, "Did you honestly think you could deceive me with that trick." Yoshiro opened his mouth to scream, but nothing came out as tears streamed down his face. The voice spoke up, "Oh, that little thing, it's something we developed for Mew, I never thought we'd get to field test it before using it against Mew. It's changing your DNA back to normal, Alien." Yoshiro felt his teeth change, his canines grew out and grew sharper as his nose became more sensitive as the person stepped on his tail, "You're pathetic. My Alakazam had read your mind, read your memories and this simple device was just enough to cripple you." Yoshiro felt the pain start subsiding as the changes started to finish up and he was able to start screaming in pain, but felt a hand grab his mouth.

Instinctively, he bit down on one of the fingers of the hand, but his teeth found metal, the voice spoke up, "What were you expecting to find." Yoshiro was thrown to the ground and he picked himself back up, the pain having subsided enough for him to do so, as he finished the transition to his normal form, "Flesh..." Yoshiro placed his foot under his sword and kicked it up, catching the hilt with his left hand and turning around to bring the tip across his opponent's chest. Unfortunately for him, he got about as far as a half turn when his wrist was grabbed. Yoshiro heard the grinding of gears and then pain shot through his wrist as he heard the bones snap in it. He dropped his sword and felt his hand get grabbed and heard the bones in his hand snap as well. The voice spoke up, "You are not as strong as I had seen, perhaps your earlier injuries are to blame for this."

Yoshiro's mind was a haze of anger and pain, causing him to swing the shield at the android, "Die!" Yoshiro was pushed back as the android spoke up, "I am Chester, I'm the founder and leader of Team Neo Rocket. My goal is to rid the planet of the human menace!" Yoshiro looked at him, "I'll stop you." Chester smiled, "I look forward to you being able to give it your all as you try. By the way, as long as I'm active, that thing in the back of your neck will prevent you from shapeshifting, and if you try to remove it, it'll shock you unconscious." Yoshiro rushed at Chester and threw a punch with his shield, Chester moved out of the way and shoulder tackled him into the wall, bruising his sternum. Chester looked Yoshiro in the eye, "I'll give you all the time that you need to heal, it wouldn't be fun if I couldn't fight you at your full potential."

Yoshiro weakly spoke up, "You're not very smart for a fax machine, are you." Chester let go of him, "How cute." Chester grabbed Yoshiro one last time and slammed him face first into the ground, "You're a super soldier, you'll be a greater challenge than any human could give me..." Yoshiro picked himself off the ground and Esperanza spoke up, "Yoshiro, you're badly hurt. I tried to break out, but I couldn't. He had some sort of field preventing it, I'm sorry." Yoshiro looked at his wrist and hand, "He broke it... I can't believe he broke it." Sabrina spoke up, "What did he mean by Super Soldier." Yoshiro used his off hand to pick up his sword and sheathe it, "My father's a super soldier, I inherited some of his genetics. I got my speed and strength from my mom, but my durability and my endurance from my dad. Speaking of which, I'm going after him."

Sabrina spoke up, "No, you're not!" Yoshiro turned to look at her, he wiped dirt out of his fur, "How are you going to stop me, I can render myself immune to psionics, remember." Sabrina smirked, "Gloom, come out here." Yoshiro watched as a pokemon walked out from behind her, "Gloom, use sleep powder on him." Yoshiro turned to start running, but the air around him quickly became thick with a green powder. Sabrina stood up, "Don't fight it, Yoshiro." Yoshiro held his breath, but it was too late, he had already breathed enough of it in. As he took a single step forward, he started feeling a bit drowsy, his head started swimming. He found it harder and harder to keep his eyes open and he turned around to look at Sabrina, "Curse... you..." He fell to his hands and knees, before falling onto his side and losing consciousness.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#11 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 10

A week had passed and Yoshiro felt something in his arm as he woke up, he also felt something on his left arm from the elbow down and yawned slightly as he opened his eyes, "Ugh, how long have I been out." Yoshiro yanked his right arm, pulling the needle from his arm as he looked up at the IV food drip, "Hmm, would explain why I'm not hungry." Blaine walked in, "You're awake, you truly are an interesting specimen." Yoshiro looked at him, "I got one working arm and I've been trained to fight with my offhand, you dare come towards me with a scalpel of any kind and I will end your life." Blaine shook his head, "Rather rude of you to speak like that to the man who kept you alive during your week long coma. Apparently sleep powder affects you more adversely than it does humans or pokemon." Yoshiro sighed, "I remember now, where's Chester." Blaine shook his head, "Chester has gone back into hiding. When we heard what had happened in Celadon, I came to retrieve you, Sabrina and I got you out of the city in the dark of night and brought you here to Cinnabar Island."

Yoshiro sighed and reached for his pendant, finding that it wasn't there, "Where is my pendant!?" Blaine spoke up, "Calm down, I had to remove your pendant for transport, it's in your jacket pocket." Yoshiro nodded slightly and sat up, finding that he had no shirt on, "Really, you removed my shirt?" Blaine shrugged, "Standard medical procedure, I had to ensure that you didn't get too hot, though you've had a temperature of around ninety-five degrees." Yoshiro nodded, "My normal body temperature is thirty-five Celsius." Blaine looked at him from behind his glasses, "You're a scientist?" Yoshiro shook his head, "Ex-military, technically I'm a mercenary, but all I want to do is run my coffee shop back home." Blaine nodded, "I have plenty of questions for you." Yoshiro shook his head and got out of the bed, his paws touched the ground and he sighed, "My boots too, really? At any rate, I need to recover everything, including the pokeball with Esperanza in it. We need to find Chester."

Blaine shook his head, "In your condition, you're going nowhere. Your bruises, cuts and burns haven't healed yet, and your bones are a long way from healing." Yoshiro walked over to his clothing and sighed, "You can't stop me." Blaine threw out a pokeball, and an Arcanine appeared from it, "He can. Believe me, he's faster than you and can tackle you to the ground, do you really want to try this?" Yoshiro sighed, "Fine, I won't go look for Mew, but I will do something useful while I'm injured. Chester said that he would wait until I'm fully healed." Blaine nodded, "That doesn't seem smart of him, but whatever floats his boat." Yoshiro nodded, "Androids such as that, and a weapon capable of wiping out all human life wouldn't go unnoticed unless they were deep underwater."

Blaine looked at him, "So you're going to invent something to detect these electrical signals?" Yoshiro shook his head, "Your tech level is sufficient for what I require, I just need to turn up the sensitivity and link it to a computer with a SI that will filter out all of the false positives." Blaine looked at him, "Alright, I'll get everything you need and I can get you to a computer. The recently rebuilt and cleared out laboratory has one that you could use." Yoshiro nodded as Blaine continued, "But how would the international system of units help you?" Yoshiro shook his head, "Simulated Intelligence, it's like an Artificial Intelligence, except it lacks any sort of autonomy and lacks the ability to learn. Basically, it'll work as my assistant, nothing more." Blaine looked at him as he got dressed, "And you know how to program this?" Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah. My rifle has a SI in it, wrote the entire program myself."

Blaine shook his head, "But you don't have a rifle and didn't have one when you came here. Anyhow, I got side tracked, what's your world like?" Yoshiro sighed, "More saving the world, less questions. I need to get in contact with Sabrina." Blaine tossed him a cell phone, "Sabrina told me to give this to you when you woke up, it has the number of all the Kanto Gym Leaders in there." Yoshiro nodded, "Thanks." He put the phone to his ear, "Sabrina." The phone didn't do anything and Blaine laughed, "Advanced species and a cellphone confuses him." Yoshiro sighed and started fiddling with the phone, eventually he got into contacts and called up Sabrina, who after a few rings, answered the phone, "Yoshiro, I see that you're awake." Yoshiro sighed, "Never do that to me again."

Sabrina sighed, "I'm sorry, Yoshiro. Anyhow, I'm kind of in the middle of driving Team Neo Rocket out of Silph Co with Blue and Brock, can you call me later?" Yoshiro nodded, "Alright." Yoshiro hung up and sighed, "I'll try Erika." After a couple of rings, Erika answered, "Hello, Yoshiro." Yoshiro sighed, "Erika, I need you and Misty to go and try to find Mew, and if you can find him, relay to Lieutenant Surge that the Neo Rocket base is currently under the ocean and his electric type pokemon should be able to sense the unique energy signature of the weapon." Eirka spoke up, "Alright, by the way, thanks for coming last week." Yoshiro sighed, "I wish it was under better circumstances, I still do." Erika spoke up, a bit more cheery in her tone, "Don't worry, Yoshiro, once this is all done, we can be friends. After all, as a fox person, you like things that smell nice, don't you?" Yoshiro chuckled, "Yeah. I do."

Erika spoke up, "That's good. Talk to you later?" Yoshiro nodded, "Sure thing." Yoshiro hung up and then called Koga, but he could only get to voice mail, he spoke up, "Hey, Koga. Not sure if you know anything about entering underwater bases, but we're going to need to figure it out. Also, since you're the stealthiest one of all, I need you to look for a pokemon that can time travel and carry people with it. It'd be extremely beneficial for us to be able to go back in time in case the weapon goes off, so we can try at it again and again." Yoshiro hung up and looked at Blaine as he put his pendant back on, "Alright, Blaine. Let's go to the lab, as a scientist and someone from an advanced civilization, we should be able to find this base without any issue." Blaine nodded, "Sure thing, let's go."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#12 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 11

A week had passed and Yoshiro finally put the finishing touches on his program, "Finally, we'll be able to find the base." Sabrina spoke up, "So I guess you'll rest now?" Yoshiro shook his head, "This program will allow me to analyze the wavelengths of the particular energy fields, the only other person who could potentially do this is Blaine, but I honestly want to do something, despite this broken hand of mine." Sabrina frowned, "How does Esperanza feel about this?" Esperanza placed a green hand on Yoshiro's broken left hand, causing him to sigh, "I'm fine, though I wish I could transform into the Fennikkusu form, that way I'd be able to heal much faster than I already am." Yoshiro heard a voice speak, "You've never changed." Yoshiro recognized that voice, "Katriina?" Yoshiro turned to see the ghost of one of his first friends standing near him.

Katriina sighed, "The only reason I revealed myself is that they can already see me." Sabrina sighed, "I disagree, Yoshiro has changed since he got here, he's more cold and distant." Katriina nodded, "That's because..." Yoshiro cut her off, "The world is at stake right now, when not writing a program, I ran a simulation on what kind of devastation a weapon that was of the scale to wipe all human life from the planet would cause..." Yoshiro pressed a key on the computer and brought up said simulation, Sabrina watched as the weapon fired, and within minutes, the entire Earth was a lifeless husk. Sabrina gasped slightly, "But..." Yoshiro sighed, "Weapons are incapable of discriminating between targets. If it can cause damage to a particular target, it will cause damage. If it can kill, it will kill. In order to kill over seven billion people, the weapon would kill all other life on the planet."

Sabrina looked at him, wide eyed, "But, the oceans?" Yoshiro shook his head, "Though water is good at resisting temperature change, Oblivion Wing being used by the weapon on this scale would reach the deepest depths and even shoot out into space. There is only one pokemon that would survive such a thing, but it would die shortly after. Xerneas would be that pokemon. Xerneas would exhaust itself trying to revive all of us. Such devastation would take... according to my simulation... four hundred and thirty thousand years for Xerneas to undo. All the while Yvetal would revive and could take the life of everything in an area, making the cycle last indefinitely." Esperanza frowned, "Gaarr..." Katriina looked at him, "Could I be given new life by Xerneas?" Yoshiro shook his head, "Celebi could wind the clock back and temporarily give you a living body, but it would violate laws left and right."

Katriina looked at him, "You said it yourself, the entire world is in danger." Yoshiro slammed his fist on the desk, "What use are laws, if we discard them because it is convenient for us!?" Katriina shouted back, "So says the man, who I personally witnessed, murder an innocent man!" Yoshiro felt her words cut deep, "I accept responsibility for that action, the intel was bad, but I still pulled the trigger. But what you're proposing goes against the very laws of nature themselves, Katriina!" Katriina sighed, "I was hoping you'd say that." Yoshiro blinked, "Huh?" Katriina looked at Sabrina, "To explain about what I said, Yoshiro is part of the military and though he had never killed a civilian. Sometimes he was sent out to deal with people who had committed war crimes, but were too heavily guarded to capture." Yoshiro spoke up, "Our intel teams were not perfect, still aren't. One out of every ten I killed, had never committed a war crime in their entire life. Hence killing an innocent man. I mean when I pulled the trigger, we were still at war, so... technically still my enemy."

Before any of them could continue, Mew appeared before them, "Mew?" Yoshiro looked up at the pokemon, "I assume they found you." Mew nodded, "Mew. Mew mew mew." Yoshiro nodded, "So you understand what the stakes are?" Mew nodded and Sabrina looked at him, "You understand what Mew is saying?" Yoshiro spoke up, "Winging it in all honesty, point is, it knows what I'm saying." Mew touched Yoshiro on the nose and suddenly pain ripped through Yoshiro's skull, however, through the pain, he knew Mew was trying to understand the kind of person he was. Mew backed off and tilted its head, "Mewwwwwww..." Yoshiro folded his arms and chuckled, "I don't expect you to like me, Mew. But my interest is keeping you from being used as a weapon, after all, you can transform into any pokemon and can use any move."

Mew spoke in a feminine voice in his head, creating a far greater headache than Esperanza did, "Though your heart is impure, I see the kind of man you really are. Past the pain, past the regret, past the anger, past the hatred. Your heart is that of a hero." Yoshiro became visibly annoyed at this and Mew spoke in his mind, "They cannot hear me. I know a lot about this world, but you are new. You are not a pokemon, but you are also not human. Yet, you are a selfless person, who fights to protect the people you care about." Yoshiro sighed and thought at Mew, "I'll get straight to the point, Mew. I'm trying to keep the planet from being destroyed by Chester, nothing more, nothing less. You are the catalyst to their weapon, by keeping you out of their hands, I will be able to prevent them from firing it. But I will completely destroy that weapon in the end, it is too dangerous."

Before Mew could respond, the voice of the SI spoke, "Energy spike detected in Fuchsia City, consistent with energy that brought you here, also hints of a temporal distortion in addition to this." Yoshiro nodded, "It's not what we're looking for, but there is possibly a... Esperanza, can you reach that new mind?" Esperanza shook her head and then teleported, when she returned, she looked at him, nervously, "It's a heavily armored rabbit guy. He's wearing Red and Silver Armor and has a strangle symbol on his shield. It looks like scales in a courtroom." Yoshiro's eyes widened, "Boss!" He turned to Sabrina, "I need you to get him a cellphone and program my number into it." Sabrina folded her arms, "Why can't you talk to him in person?" Yoshiro looked at her, "Because Kauko died, by my hand, over three hundred years ago and I need to coordinate with him, without breaking the temporal prime directive." Sabrina shrugged, "Alright, then. I'll do it. But why'd you kill your boss?" Yoshiro shrugged, "That's a story I'll tell you, when you get back."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#13 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 12

A month had passed and Yoshiro flexed his fingers on his left hand as it was newly freed from the cast, "That feels so much better." Yoshiro looked at Sabrina, who was on the other side of the room, "Look, I'm sorry if I've been cold and distant lately, but..." Sabrina nodded, "I've been talking to the Kani ghost, when lives are on the line, you change to be a lot like this. But I see it in your eyes, you hate fighting." Yoshiro ran a hand through his gray hair, which had grown longer, "No. I don't hate fighting, it's killing that I cannot stand. I grew up with two Lupine brothers, we'd fight daily, but we'd never hurt each other." Esperanza looked at him and spoke into his mind, "So why are you opening up now, of all times." Yoshiro sighed, "Because I've always been a father figure to my own soldiers. And even though Sabrina isn't a soldier..."

Sabrina looked at him and walked closer, "You... you consider me a friend, don't you?" Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah. Sabrina, I want you to stay here." Sabrina looked at him, "Why though?" Yoshiro shook his head, "You dislike fighting, you're a gym leader though and I don't understand why. But more than anything, I don't want to see you get hurt." Sabrina nodded, "I understand, but I will not get hurt." Yoshiro shook his head, "Many dead men have spoken those very words, Sabrina. Men that I personally led into battle, the universe has a way of proving you wrong when you tempt fate." Esperanza looked at Yoshiro and then at Sabrina, who spoke up, "I'm coming tomorrow, we're fighting Robots, remember. I can put aside my dislike of fighting since it will not hurt anyone and I can prevent others from getting hurt."

Yoshiro nodded, "If you wish." Sabrina looked at him, "I never asked, why do you have that scar on your left hand?" Yoshiro raised his left hand, the fur on the back of his hand had been tattooed with the emblem of Amaterasu, "This old thing. I'm a Kensei, it's why I have a sword on my person at all time, despite being a well accomplished sniper." Sabrina nodded slightly, "You know, I can't shake this feeling that today isn't going to end well." Yoshiro nodded, "Neither can I, and I don't need to see the future to know that. No doubt, Chester knows that my hand has recovered, as have I." Esperanza hugged Yoshiro, speaking into his mind, "You should relax, Yoshiro."

Yoshiro nodded, when there was a beep at the console. He stood up and walked over to it, with Esperanza still hugging him and he pressed a button on it, "Well, I got good news and bad news." Sabrina looked at him, "What's the bad news." Yoshiro shrugged, "His base of operations has been revealed, it's off the coast of the Seafoam islands, and it's currently above the water. The good news is, we know where it is now." Sabrina sighed, "So, I guess we're going to leave now?" Yoshiro shook his head, "Sabrina, you call the gym leaders to this location, we'll set off when they get here." Sabrina looked at him, "So what are you going to do?" Yoshiro sighed, "I got to make a call to my old boss." Sabrina nodded, "Alright." She took out her phone and went into the other room.

Yoshiro picked up his voice changer and activated it as he picked up the phone and put it on speaker phone, dialing Kauko's number. It rang a few times and then Kauko's voice spoke up, "Hello, I was beginning to wonder if you'd call me. Your name is Yoshiro, huh, I know one. He's a good kid." Yoshiro spoke up, the voice changer hiding his accent and deepening his voice greatly, "Kauko Aaltonen, I'm sure you already know this, but the main weapon of Team Neo Rocket has risen from the depths of the sea." Kauko spoke up, "Yeah, I saw it rise up, Articuno and I were relaxing on the Sea Foam Islands." Yoshiro nodded, "Alright, I'll need you to sneak into the rear entrance of the base, you'll be the backup." Kauko spoke up, "And what are you going to do?"

Yoshiro smirked, "I'm going to do what I always do and charge through the front door, The Neo Rockets will be too busy trying to shoot me down to notice you or the Gym Leaders entering the base. When all is said and done, I'll rendezvous with you inside the base." Kauko spoke up, "Alright, though tell me one thing." Yoshiro nodded, "Sure thing." Kauko sighed, "Why have you been helping me?" Yoshiro closed his eyes and half-lied to him, "I made a promise to the Yoshiro that you know. He's a good kid and doesn't want to see you get hurt, so I'll do what I can to bring you back alive, you hear me?" Kauko chuckled, "Sure thing, General." Yoshiro furrowed his brow, "Don't ever call me that again Kauko. Anyhow, you be careful, alright?" Kauko spoke up, "Alright."

Yoshiro hung up as Esperanza looked at him, "I'm going to have to go back into the ball, aren't I?" Yoshiro shook his head, "We burst." Esperanza nodded as Yoshiro grabbed the burst heart and poured his mana into it, the two of them once again fused, except this time was different. What was the dress on Esperanza, became part of his tail, turning it white with a green tip, "Huh..." Sabrina walked in, "The Gym Leaders are coming and Blaine says that he'll let you use a Charizard to attack from above. I heard what you told Kauko, are you sure you want to use yourself as a diversion?" Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah, however Esperanza will be helping protect me from attacks, as her mind also controls this body. Two minds can focus better on two different tasks." Sabrina nodded, "Yoshiro, be careful, please." Yoshiro smiled, "I promise that I'll come back alive."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#14 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 13

Yoshiro was carried in the arms of the Charizard as it flew towards the base, he called down to the boat, "You guys have your pokemon ready?" Lieutenant Surge gave him a thumbs up, "Ready as always!" Yoshiro drew his pistol and checked the charge on it, "It'll be enough." Esperanza's mind spoke in his head, "How far do you think it is?" Yoshiro closed his eyes and sighed, "Ten Kilometers left." Yoshiro heard something and opened his eyes as he saw Pidgeots start flying towards him, as he raised the pistol, bolts of lightning came up from the boat and struck the Pidgeots, dropping them from the sky and clearing the way for Yoshiro to get the shot on the Skarmory that was flying towards them. Yoshiro focused his mind and time dilated for him, everything slowed down from his perspective as he lined up his shot.

He squeezed the trigger and stopped dilating time, the shot lanced out and hit the Skarmory in the head, killing it instantly. Yoshiro called up to Charizard, "Feel free to use Flamethrower against any incoming threats!" Charizard gave a roar in acknowledgement as they continued to fly, however the next line of defense was Magnetons. Yoshiro knew that his pistol wasn't going to work as a he didn't know where the head of the Magneton was, but Charizard started belching flames at them. Yoshiro noticed flames coming from the boat too and heard Blaine speak up, "Arcanine! Fire Blast!" Yoshiro was thankful for all of this, however Esperanza started charging an attack in his free hand, Yoshiro noticed a pink energy sphere, which shot out at a target that he couldn't see, but thanks to Esperanza, he could sense as a Honchkrow.

Yoshiro spoke up, "Thanks Esperanza." Yoshiro however realized that a new opponent was flying towards them and he realized that the pokemon were all decoys. Even worse, it was heading towards the boat, "Esperanza, can we hover?" Esperanza spoke up in his mind, "Yes, at high speeds, thanks to you." Yoshiro looked up at the Charizard, "Go down and drop us." Charizard lowered itself next to the boat and lowered Yoshiro, "Esperanza, you control the hovering, I'll take care of everything else." Yoshiro darted just above the water at high speed to recognize a Verbanan style android flying towards the boat and he fired a shot at it, "I'm your target!" Yoshiro placed the gun away and extended his left hand, a blade made of pure pink light formed in it as the machine looked at him.

The Machine turned in an arc to chase him as Esperanza hovered them at high speed away from the boat in reverse, Yoshiro raising his right hand as Esperanza used Reflect to strengthen his light barrier, allowing them to easily block the machine's shots, which Yoshiro recognized as being plasma. Yoshiro growled, "Menschilche technology, too!? This place needs to be destroyed, but first of all." Yoshiro concentrated on being behind the machine and found himself teleporting behind it, thanks to Esperanza. Yoshiro made the blade in his left hand formless as he slipped it into the back of the machine and then suddenly solidified it, "Hopefully that was the only one." Yoshiro turned and dodged a punch from another one of the machines, this one made for melee combat, "Crap."

Yoshiro used his right hand barrier to block attack after attack and extended the center of it into the middle of the machine, solidifying that portion of the barrier and destroying the machine. Unfortunately for him, both the blade and barrier disappeared and Yoshiro saw a third one, this one with a blade of some kind. Yoshiro spoke to Esperanza, "Rush him." Esperanza spoke up, "Are you nuts!?" Yoshiro smirked, "Trust me." Esperanza had them rush at the machine, which readied its blade to attack, but Yoshiro grabbed the shield off his back and slipped it onto his left hand for once. The two collided and the blade snapped on the shield due to the force being applied, while the shield held up well. Soon enough the shield slammed into the machine and Yoshiro grabbed it, "Let's teleport to the sky, shall we."

Esperanza teleported the three of them to the sky and floated there, her power allowed them to start floating down gently, but the weight of the machine was making them fall faster than they should be. Yoshiro let go of the machine, allowing it to fall at its normal rate of acceleration, "Well that was fun." Esperanza spoke up, "What is that shield made of?" Yoshiro tapped the brown metal shield, "Maa Metalli, it's heavier than steel, but more than makes up for it in its durability and heat resistance. My sword is made of Ilma Metalli, it's lighter than steel, but has the durability of Maa Metalli. It allows me to swing it faster. Anyhow, we need to get back down there, can you teleport us into the base, Esperanza?" Esperanza nodded in his mind, "Sure thing, I can see what one of the pokemon in there is seeing. Would you like to go to that room."

Yoshiro nodded, "Sure thing." Yoshiro found himself in an unfamiliar room, but he found a door and entered it. Suddenly Chester's voice spoke up, "Fusing with a Gardevoir, I didn't think you'd stoop to such a low, Yoshiro. Though you have honestly been a thorn in my side. You being out for a month, has given me the chance to perfect my ultimate creation." Yoshiro looked around, "And what is this ultimate creation of yours, huh?" Chester spoke up, "The door to your left leads to it and later on, if you manage to destroy my creation, you'll be able to confront me in the control center. And don't think I haven't noticed your friend climbing the stairs, though he'll be late, he can join in on the fun." Yoshiro sighed, "Fine, I'll play your game." Yoshiro walked over to the door and as he opened it, he heard something speak in his own voice from within the room, "Ware wa misha nari! Ha ha ha ha!"

Akira110
Literary Artist

#15 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 14

Yoshiro had enough time to shift the shield on his left arm back to his right when a perfect replica of him rushed at him with a sword. Esperanza teleported them away, but the Replica turned around and looked at him, "Anata ga hakai sare te iru hitsuyō ga ari, tanni nisemono desu." Yoshiro could hear Chester's laughter, "Nu will be your end, Yoshiro, but if you can defeat him, you'll be able to fight me." Yoshiro placed his left hand on the hilt of his sword as Nu spoke up, "Watashi no shujin wa anata o korosu dojō ni kare no te o motte imasen." Yoshiro drew his sword and entered a defensive position, "Say what you will, but I'm going to rip out your CPU and crush it in my hand." Nu laughed, "Anata wa sono yōna nanika o okonau koto ga dekiru to omoimasu ka? Anata yūkibutsu wa, watashi ga omottayori mo mōsōdesu. Watashi wa yukkuri to anata o korosu koto ni hokori o mottemasu." Yoshiro rushed at Nu, shield at the ready, "Stop speaking in the language of my people, you cursed machine!"

Nu swung its sword at Yoshiro's head, forcing Yoshiro to block high, but Yoshiro used this to his advantage, by guessing where the joints were, Yoshiro brought his sword across the fake flesh of Nu. Damaging the synthetic flesh, however a kick to his shield sent Yoshiro back a couple of steps, allowing Nu to strike at his legs. Yoshiro jumped back to avoid getting injured, "Gah!" Nu spoke up with a sadistic smile, "Dō shimashita ka? Anata wa yoroi nashi sōkō aite to notatakai ni narete imasen ka?" Yoshiro couldn't deny that he was usually the one wearing armor and didn't often fight armored opponents without armor and his fighting style was indicative of that, as was his choice of weapons." Nu chuckled and grabbed a spear off the wall, "Kore o tsukau baai wa motto tanoshiku narimasu." Yoshiro caught the spear in his shield hand and watched as Nu rushed at him and beat on his shield, before kicking him with enough force to send him sliding back.

Yoshiro sighed, he couldn't win against this opponent on his own and he was now loaded down with weapons, Esperanza spoke up, "You can't give up, Yoshiro, the whole world is counting on you!" Before he knew it, Nu rushed at him and he barely raised his shield in time to block an attack, he thrust his sword towards the center of the machine, but Nu dodged it, "Watashi wa anata ga watashi ni jiyūna hitto o motte moraou!" Yoshiro growled, "You arrogant bag of bolts! I will disassemble you and turn you into a toaster!" Yoshiro rushed at Nu with his sword in hand, he let go of the spear and swung for what would normally be a weakpoint, the under arm part of the left shoulder joint on Nu. Yoshiro watched in horror as his sword bent, time slowed down from his perspective as he watched the cracks form in his sword and it break apart. Yoshiro heard Nu's voice speak slower and lower pitched, "Demo anata no buki wa, watashi ni taishite kowarete imasu! Anata wa chansu ga tatte imasen!"

Yoshiro had no more responses, he had no idea if his pistol would have enough power to damage this foe, and even if he did, Nu wouldn't let him have enough time to overcharge it. He felt the robotic hand of Nu grab him by the neck and lift him off the ground. He reached for his pistol with his right hand, but Nu put his sword into Yoshiro's shoulder. However, Yoshiro watched as a door get kicked open and he saw Kauko, in a Mew Burst standing there, Kauko called out, "Hey! Bucket of bolts, let go of my friend!" Nu let go of Yoshiro, who grabbed his bleeding shoulder as he hit the ground, Yoshiro looked at the shards of his sword as he gripped the hilt tightly. Kauko called out, "Yoshiro! This isn't you! Though you seem to be a lot older, I know this isn't you! You always told me that you would give your life to protect others!"

Yoshiro knew that Kauko was right, as time returned to normal from his perspective, Yoshiro grabbed his pistol and stood up, Nu spoke up as it focused on Kauko, "Sokode kare wa, sekai de chansu nashi de bakkuappu o shutoku shimasu. Anata no ryōhō ga watashi o taosu no nai chansu ga arimasen." Yoshiro spoke up, "You're wrong, and I'm going to tell you why you're wrong." Yoshiro set the pistol to max charge and held the trigger, letting it go as Nu turned around, "Because before I die, I will see that you're destroyed!" Yoshiro walked towards Nu, firing again and again, his shots penetrating Nu's armor. Kauko walked forward with a flanged mace in his hand, swinging it at Nu's armor, denting it severely and damaging internal components. The two of them walked towards their opponent slowly, as Nu struggled to move towards Yoshiro.

Yoshiro aimed for the arm joints, disabling each of them. Kauko kept slamming his Mace into said joints, leaving Nu with only one arm to hold itself up with, to look at Yoshiro. As Yoshiro walked over to Nu, it propped itself up with the arm, hydraulic fluid and oil leaking everywhere, broken wires sparking, "Kono Ni~Tsu ni katsu watashi no masutā ga, anata wa sudeni ushinatte imasu." Yoshiro watched as Nu reached for the shards of his sword and shot Nu in the head, opening it up. He punched Nu through the head, the electrical shocks bothered him slightly, but he grabbed the CPU and ripped it out of the robot's head, "You will speak my native tongue no more, you cursed machine." Yoshiro quickly balled his hand into a fist, crushing the CPU in his hand, and letting the pieces go.

Kauko looked at him, "You've grown older and more violent." Yoshiro nodded, "Go to the Gym Leaders, get them out of here, Kauko." Kauko looked at Yoshiro, "You're not going to go up there, are you?" Yoshiro nodded, "My wound his superficial, I'm going to collect the shards of my sword and put them in my scabbard. Then I'm going to go destroy Chester. If we both survive this, I'll explain more about what's going on and what has happened in my past, Kauko." Kauko nodded, "Alright, Yoshiro, just be careful, okay?" Yoshiro placed his hand on Kauko's shoulder, "Sure thing, Boss. I'll do what I can to ensure that I come back alive. You just get the Kanto Gym Leaders out of here." Kauko nodded, "Will do." Kauko left the room as Esperanza used her psychic powers to teleport the sword shards to the scabbard. Yoshiro clutched the hilt even tighter as he noticed the stairs open up, "Let's go to the final battle, Esperanza."