To be a Champion(Pokemon 20th one shot story)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

To be a Champion(Pokemon 20th one shot story)

#1 Post by Akira110 »

Indigo Plateau - February 26, 2016. 3:57 PM

A trainer with brown hair, yet a red, neatly trimmed beard stood in a room, in front of him was a Typhlosion and opposite of them was a trainer with long silver blue hair. The female trainer spoke up, "Weavile! Low kick!" The male trainer called out, "We've trained for this! You know what to do!" The Typhlosion leaped into the air and opened his mouth, unleashing a large stream of flame at the Weavile, knocking it out. The female trainer sighed and smiled, "Looks like you being gone has taught you some new things. I've been watching your battles with the other members of the Elite Four, Leon. You seem to desire to win back your title." Leon nodded, "Of course Karen, and I still have yet to forget the words you told me back when I was fourteen: Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should win with their favorites." Karen nodded slightly, "You still understand what's important. Thirteen years later and I still like your style. Go on, the Champion is waiting."

Typhlosion looked up at Leon who scratched behind the Typhlosion's ears, "Flame Dude, this is it, we're about to win the championship again." Leon reached into his bag and pulled out a spray bottle, "This is going to sting a bit, but you're hurt." He sprayed the contents of the bottle on Flame Dude's wounds and they started to instantly heal up. Leon then held out the pokeball and Flame Dude returned to it. He looked at Karen, "It's still impressive that Bruno is part of the Elite Four, it's been seventeen years since I first faced him." Karen nodded, "He's very resilient and strong, always training with his pokemon." Leon nodded slightly, "Thanks for the battle." Karen nodded, "Elite Four cannot turn down a challenge, you know." Leon nodded as he knew this fact. However, he was just being polite to her. He walked into the door, which led into the next room, he recognized the architecture of the room.

He had always thought the red carpet was rather much, especially in a room that was going to be hosting pokemon battles, "Seriously, Lance, you decided to not take my suggestion of leaving the room undecorated when Flame Dude and your Charizard went at it and burnt everything down." A man wearing a cape looked towards him, "Leon, it's been what? Five years now?" Leon nodded, "I've been traveling ever since you handed me my loss. I've learned some new things, encountered new people and started new friendships. But alas. There's only one thing I want back." Lance nodded, "The championship. Very well, I accept your challenge, but first, do you mind telling me some of the sights that you've seen?" Leon folded his arms, "You weren't one for words when a challenge happened."

Lance chuckled, "And when you first saw me, I was twenty-three, now I'm forty and you're twenty-seven. As champion, I don't get to explore much, or else the entirety of elite four gets shut down." Leon nodded, "I know, but you were also in Unova, during a tournament." Lance nodded, "You lost that tournament to Red if memory serves. You never got to reach me." Leon nodded, "Regrettable, after helping Nate and Rosa take down Neo Team Plasma, I decided to become a movie star, when the fame became too much for me, I left on a boat. I couldn't take it, Elesa was right about me, I hate the spotlight." Lance nodded, "That's why you tend to avoid cameras." Leon nodded, "I went to Kalos, to get away from it all, I was a young man of twenty-three when I arrived, then these really goofy people started showing up, calling themselves Team Flare. I didn't think much of them, because well, my eyes were too busy burning from the garishly bright outfits."

Leon sighed, "Then, I met their leader, Lysandre. Immediately, I had gotten a bad feeling about him and tried to alert professor Sycamore to no avail. Frustrated, I chose to continue training with Flame Dude and we eventually cornered him. We were defeated handily, however, I was given an opportunity to join them. I spat in his face, telling him that he could shove his offer where the sun don't shine. I honestly didn't expect to leave that place alive, but I did. From the sidelines I helped two new trainers as I took the gym challenge once more, honing my skills and strengthening my bond with my pokemon. I was given something new there by Korrina, something that I carry with me now. No, don't ask about it, I refuse to ruin the surprise." Leon placed one of his hands in his pocket, "After I took the elite four challenge there, I declined a challenge against Diantha."

Leon chuckled, "Drasna told me that the reason I was lacking is because I had lost to you, three years ago, I wanted my title back, but yet, I couldn't get it. Though I defeated her, and she told me that I could go meet the champion. I told her that I wasn't going to face the champion of this region, the first time I rejected a challenge. When she asked where I was going, I told her that I was going to return home." Lance nodded, "The Kanto region." Leon shook his head, "When I was 18, I bought a house in Hoenn. Juan made me an offer that was too good to pass up, real nice guy, him. When I returned there, I was a quarter of a century old and was amazed at how it changed so much in seven short years. Brendan and May were there, waiting for my return as I got off the ship, but I walked past them. I was in a rut and all I wanted to do was go home."

Leon looked up at the ceiling and sighed, "Sootopolis city was a beautiful place, you know, staying there, it was calming. You know, despite being a volcano in the middle of the ocean. It didn't matter though, soon, I was back out there, exploring, with my pokemon once more. I ran into Wally, who had also grown into a young man as I was in Dewford. It was then that Brawly suggested I take the gym leader's challenge. Long story short, I went ahead and did that, defeating everyone, one by one. Soon, I found myself up against the Elite Four, and though Sydney, Phoebe and Glacia lost to me, seeing Drake caused me to feel the same thing I felt when I was in Kalos. I declined a challenge and walked out, being stopped by Steven who had mentioned some meteor was going to fall."

Leon laughed, "And this is where things got a bit weird, this woman named Zinnia went around stealing keystones from people. She was trying to do something that I didn't know at the time. I had chased her all throughout Hoenn, but she was always one step ahead of me, I didn't like it all that much. Eventually, we battled and I felt frustrated, I kept being reminded of you." Leon sighed, "I let Brendan take Rayquaza and took the first ship from Slateport to Olivine. Stopped by New Bark Town, first thing, Professor Elm was amazed at how well trained that Flame Dude was and how much I had changed in fourteen years. Made a beeline to victory road, defeated the rest of the Elite Four and here I am. I'm here to challenge you, Lance." Lance nodded, "Thank you for telling me this tale."

Leon placed his hand into his denim Jacket and pulled out a poke ball, "You first." Lance smirked, "Since I know you always lead with Flame Dude, I'm going to lead with Gyarados this time!" Leon threw the pokeball, "Very well then, this is my first choice!" Jolteon popped out of the pokeball and Lance smirked, "This is the first time you didn't lead with Flame Dude." Leon chuckled, "Voltage! Use Thunderbolt!" The Jolteon fired a bolt of electricity at the Gyarados and Lance called out, "Dodge it and use Ice Fang!" Leon watched as Gyarados dodged his attack and bit Jolteon, but suddenly the Gyarados stopped moving. Leon smirked, "My pokemon don't need my guidance to know when to use their attacks. Your Gyarados is paralyzed. NOW! VOLTAGE! USE THUNDER!" A Bolt of Lightning struck the Gyarados, knocking it out almost immediately, causing Lance to return it to the pokeball, "Well played for a first move."

Lance threw out a pokeball and Garchomp popped out of it, Lance smirked, "Garchomp, use earthquake!" Leon's eyes went wide as he heard this and pulled out the pokeball, "Voltage! Return!" It was too late, Earthquake had connected, knocking out the Jolteon, "Curses!" Voltage returned to the pokeball and Leon sighed, "You did good out there, rest up." Leon pulled out another pokeball and threw it out, "Joy Flyer! I choose you!" Togekiss came from the pokeball and Lance smirked, "Flying-Normal? Use Outrage!" Garchomp rampaged to no effect against Togekiss and Leon Smirked, "You can't pull it out of the outrage either. Joy Flyer, use Dazzling Gleam!" Togekiss started shining, which caused Garchomp to be knocked out. Leon smirked, "I hold the advantage in this fight, Lance."

Lance smiled, "So is this the surprise that you've mentioned that you had in store for me." The two of them had their pokemon return to their pokeballs and Lance threw out Salamence, while Leon threw out Latias, "No." Lance smiled, "A dragon pokemon, you stand no chance! Salamence! Use Dragon Claw!" Leon watched as Salamence rapidly moved at Latias who gracefully dodged her opponent, and Leon called out, "Draco Meteor!" Meteors started to rain down towards Salamence, which moved out of the way and Lance called out, "Shadow Claw!" Leon watched as that attack connected with Latias, knocking it out and he sighed as he returned her to her pokeball, throwing out Joy Flyer again. Lance squinted, "That pokemon again, what is it?" Leon smiled, "Watch out for the dragon claw!" Togekiss hovered in place, waiting for Lance to make a call. Lance smirked, "Flamethrower!" Leon called out, "Dodge it and use dazzling gleam again!"

As Salamence fired off a flamethrower, Togekiss used Dazzling Gleam, knocking Salamence out and causing Lance to speak up, "I got three left and you have four, this is turning out to be an interesting battle." Lance threw Altaria out onto the battlefield, and called out, "Use Perish Song!" Altaria started singing and Leon wondered where he remembered that move from, but Lance had Altaria return, as he sent out Charizard. Leon called out, "Togekiss, use Shock Wave!" Togekiss fired out a shockwave of electricity towards Charizard, who despite being hit by it, grabbed onto Togekiss and within seconds Togekiss lost consciousness. Leon had Togekiss return to the ball, "Tch! Should've known!" Leon threw out another pokeball, "Go, Flame Dude!" Flame Dude came out of the Pokeball and took one look at Charizard, Leon didn't even have to speak for him to use Extrasensory, knocking Charizard out.

Lance and Leon returned their respective pokemon back to their pokeballs and Lance sighed, "I still got two left and you got three. This is close." Leon threw out a pokeball, and out popped Scizor. Lance smirked, and tossed out a pokeball, "Go Altaria!" Altaria appeared and Leon looked at Altaria, "Scizor, clamp that Bird's mouth shut and use toxic!" Scizor rushed in and did exactly that, badly poisoning Altaria and cutting off any of its attacks. Lance looked at him, "Strategy, huh?" Leon spoke one word, "Venoshock." Altaria started twitching and then lost consciousness as Scizor used Venoshock on it, Leon returned Scizor to the pokeball and Lance returned Altaria. Lance sighed, "I have only one left and you know what it is. Dragonite, you're up!" Lance threw out a pokeball which Dragonite came forth from and Leon threw out his last pokeball which a Gardevoir came out of.

Lance looked at the Gardevoir, "Dragonite, use Flamethrower!" Leon watched as Gardevoir teleported out of the way and as Dragonite missed, he reached into his pocket and grabbed a keystone, the Gardevoirite reacted and Gardevoir Mega Evolved into Mega Gardevoir. Leon smirked, "This was my surprise, now, while your opponent cannot move, Moonblast!" Mega Gardevoir called down upon the power of the moon and fired the energy at her opponent, who couldn't move, knocking out Dragonite immediately. Lance returned Dragonite to the Pokeball and sighed, "Your bond with your pokemon has strengthened immensely over the years, Leon. Leon had Mega Gardevoir return to the pokeball and nodded, "I know. Thank you for the battle." Lance nodded, "You're the new champion of the Kanto and Johto regions." Leon nodded, "I know, but... honestly, I just wanted to beat you. Every time I took the Championship from you, you take it back."

Lance nodded, "I know, you'll be a worthy successor." Leon shook his head, "I learned something from our battle, I just want to explore, meet new pokemon and ever seek new challenges. A new generation of Trainers will be a worthy successor to you, Lance." Lance chuckled, "Well said, Leon. So what are you going to do now?" Leon smirked, "Well a new region has just opened their borders, think I'm going to go head over there sometime later this year." Lance nodded, "I was the champion 20 years ago, then Blue defeated me. I've been here for twenty years, except for the occasional trip. It was good seeing you again, Leon. Good luck in your endeavors." Leon nodded, "Thanks, Lance. It's been a wild seventeen years for me. I'll be sure to write to you and send you postcards of the new sights that I see."

Lance looked at the door behind him, "Want to register your pokemon into the hall of fame, for old time's sake?" Leon looked at the door, "Nah, I don't want the title anymore, nor do I want the exposure. Been going under far too many pseudonyms lately. Would be great to go under my real name for a change." Lance looked at him, "And what's your real name?" Leon smirked, "That's a secret, Lance. Can't have it getting out, or I'll never get any peace and quiet." Lance nodded and extended his hand, "You're a great trainer, hopefully someday, you'll find what you're looking for out there." Leon shook Lance's hand, "I already have, and it's left me more curious than I ever was before." Lance nodded as Leon let go and turned away to leave, "Remember that someday, you'll teach a new generation of trainers." Leon nodded, "I know Lance, and I never did say thank you for your help during the Team Rocket Crisis in Johto." Lance watched as Leon left, "You're welcome."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.