Trials of a Kensei(Blood, Language, Violence)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: Breeze in the Night

#16 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 15

Yoshiro found himself deep within the Drow capitol city, a female walked over to him, "The Matriarch will see you now, but you leave your weapons here." Yoshiro looked into her deep purple eyes, "You will take my sword from me, when you pry it from my cold, dead hands." The woman grabbed at her sword, "That can be arranged!" Yoshiro knew that he was outnumbered, "I'm a Kensei, you do not separate a Kensei and their sword, under any circumstances." The Drow nodded, "I heard about you Kensei, very well, you may keep your sword as a religious exception." Yoshiro nodded, "Thank you." He walked into the throne room, where he saw a female Drow sitting on a throne, he walked up to the first step before the throne and bowed, "It has been a good while, Matriarch." The Matriarch nodded, "Yoshiro Miyamae, I hear that you're no longer a king."

Yoshiro nodded, "That is correct, ma'am." The Matriarch sighed, "So then, what brings you here, oh 'great hero'?" Yoshiro sighed, "With all due respect, I never fashioned myself to be a hero. Though despite my objections and rejection of the title of hero, I have been given said title." The Matriarch nodded, "I am aware." Yoshiro held back a sigh, "I would like to request land from the Drow. A cavern would make for a natural fortification from attacks. I've already talked to Bruno and secured the ownership of some land that the Lupines do not use." The Matriarch looked at him, "And tell me, are you looking to use this land as a staging area into Drow territory?" Yoshiro didn't look up, "No, ma'am. If anything, I seek isolated territory that has a path to the surface already, it would make building a base of operations far easier."

The Matriarch sighed, "You are not the kind of person to do something without a reason. Tell me, why do you want this land aside from the base." Yoshiro closed his eyes, "Because I want to kill my half-sister." The Matriarch leaned forward, "Interesting, so your aim is to kill Aiko, is it. Pray tell, what has Aiko done to piss you off so much?" Yoshiro spoke calmly, "She killed my Nakama, ma'am." The Matriarch shook her head, "I do not understand the meaning of that word." Yoshiro spoke up calmly, "There is no word that matches it in intensity in Common, but the closest is brother." The Matriarch nodded, "Normally, I wouldn't fulfill your request, but I am curious as to what I would receive in return." Yoshiro opened his eyes, "Priority when it comes to contracts. I am forming a mercenary group."

The Matriarch nodded, "I like what you're offering. Very well, you may have your land, under one condition." Yoshiro still did not look up, "What condition is that?" The Matriarch looked at him, "Grovel before me." Yoshiro looked up at her, "I refuse, if that is the price of the land, then I will go find somewhere else." The Matriarch smiled, "I was beginning to wonder if you had lost your spine, Yoshiro. That fire in your eyes is the same fire that I saw over a century ago in them, you may have your land, the real condition is that you do not attack this kingdom." Yoshiro nodded, "Thank you." The Matriarch nodded, "You're welcome. I'm guessing that you're going to want to recruit Caladwen again." Yoshiro nodded, "Of course." The Matriarch called out, "Caladwen! You have permission to enter the throne room!"

Yoshiro watched as Caladwen entered the throne room, he no longer wore the outfit of a Drow servant, but that of a soldier, Yoshiro couldn't help but smile with pride at the sight of this, "Hey, old friend." Caladwen looked at him, "You've changed." Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah, I know." Caladwen frowned and folded his arms, "You're so casual about it..." Yoshiro nodded, "I'm aware. Thing is, though I could lie and say this is all to protect people and the like, and I suppose that in the end, this will all end up being used for that. However, right now, notice that someone is missing?" Caladwen looked around, "Where's Rogelio?" Yoshiro sighed, "Dead, he's been dead for over a year now." Caladwen nodded, "So you've come to recruit me into your mercenary group?"

Yoshiro nodded slightly, "Yeah. It's been a while since..." Caladwen spoke up, "The Dracoknights fell apart, Yoshiro. Your daughter felt that they were unneeded and you abandoned your old guard. Without any place to turn to, I came back to my homeland. I'm respected as the first male Drow soldier in existence, and you want me to join you as a mercenary!?" Yoshiro nodded, "That's about the gist of it, yes." Caladwen sighed, "And your starting offer is?" Yoshiro shrugged, "Executive officer position." Caladwen frowned, "Yoshiro, you know that I'm far better at combat than I am with such duties." Yoshiro nodded, "I know, but while we're getting set up, I need you to help train the newcomers and help me make sure that the whole group doesn't fall apart."

Caladwen nodded, "And you promise that I can go out and fight?" Yoshiro nodded, "Once we're all set up, I'll hire on a new XO and you'll be a regular old officer again, a Captain, no less." Caladwen unfolded his arms, "I'll hold you to your word, you do know that, right, Yoshiro?" Yoshiro nodded, "Do we have a deal?" Caladwen nodded and extended his hand, "We sure do, General." Yoshiro shook his head and shook Caladwen's hand as he did so, "Lieutenant Colonel." Caladwen nodded, "So what's our first order of business?" Yoshiro shrugged, "Well, seeing as we don't have a base, and we're made up of three people, building a base and recruiting. After that, we can finally go after Aiko, hopefully we can find a contract where we can work for a nation, while fighting Aiko and her forces." Caladwen chuckled slightly, "Now that is one aspect about you that hasn't changed, you're still planning ahead."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: Breeze in the Night

#17 Post by Akira110 »

Epilogue

Five Years Later

Yoshiro walked through his newly completed base, he was impressed by the construction and had put in an order for some aircraft from the southern continents to make up his new air force and he knew that some new recruits were going to be entering the base on this day. Placing his gloved hands behind his back, he stood up straight and walked to the entrance of the base where the new recruits were waiting. He stepped up to a podium and tapped the microphone, Basilio stood at his left and Caladwen at his right as he cleared his throat, "I want to thank you all for joining up with the Raptors. I know that you all come from different military backgrounds and different nations. Some of you are from races that do not get along with each other, or show open hostility towards each other. For those of you, remember, save it for the enemy. Being part of the Raptors means that you will be on hire for various militaries around the world, but also we are a military micronation."

Yoshiro placed his hands on the podium, "Our laws are simple, but strictly enforced. First of all, there will be no killing fellow Raptors. I don't care why. Second of all, we are all to be treated as equals on the base, but if we go out there as our own military, our ranking shall take hold, listen to your superior. Third of all, with few religious exceptions, there shall be no weapons on personnel at all times and you have to provide proof, so don't try to fake it to keep your gun at all times. Fourth of all, no Raptor shall ever join the opposing side of a war that a Raptor is currently involved in. Finally, when you accept a contract, you see that contract through, there will be no betraying of our employers, is that clear?" A hand went up in the group and Yoshiro pointed at him, "You there." The person spoke up, "So we're soldiers that can pick and choose when and where we want to fight?"

Yoshiro nodded, "Yes, with one exception. As you all know, my half-sister is out there and she formed her own army. When she makes her move against us, we'll have to make our move against her." A Lupine spoke up, "How do you know she'll make a move against us?" Yoshiro looked at the Lupine, "Remember the events of six years ago? She killed Rogelio to break me, I have no doubt that she'll enjoy trying to finish the job and kill me. After all, I was the one who killed her younger brother and put her into a coma, and I was the one stupid enough to let her go six years ago." The Lupine nodded, "So why are researchers and engineers here?" Yoshiro sighed, "We're an independent mercenary nation, we're going to need to be able to develop and build our own equipment. Any more questions?"

A woman spoke up, "What about healthcare?" Yoshiro nodded, "Full medical staff arrives later today, therapists, researchers, doctors, nurses, and combat medics." The woman spoke up again, "You spared no expenses, did you?" Yoshiro shook his head, "No, I used what connections I had from back when I was a king to get all of this stuff implemented. I've nearly called in all of my remaining favors. Any more questions." Yoshiro waited for a second, and just as he was about to speak, someone spoke up, "Are you sure that you're the legendary sniper?" Yoshiro sighed, "Caladwen, you have my rifle?" Caladwen nodded and handed Yoshiro his sniper rifle, "Figured someone was going to ask that question, step forward." The man stepped forward and Yoshiro looked at him as he turned off the safety, "Point at any moving target. ANY moving target."

The man pointed to a bird flying off in the distance and Yoshiro raised the sniper rifle, since it was an energy weapon, he could use his offhand to steady the weapon. He looked into the scope and zeroed it in before grabbing the bottom of his sniper rifle near the barrel. He led his target and fired a shot, before lowering his rifle, "Go pick up the bird." Yoshiro put the weapon back on safety and handed it to Caladwen. They waited for a while and the man brought back the bird, "You didn't kill it." Yoshiro nodded, "I was aiming for the wing. Once we nurse it back to health, it'll be able to survive on its own." People started murmuring and the man looked at him, "I was expecting you to kill the bird." Yoshiro looked at him, "He who creates expectations based off of mere legend, sets himself up for disappointment."

Yoshiro looked back at the others, "Any other questions or challenges for me?" There were no more questions and Yoshiro spoke up, "I want you all to repeat after me, alright?" The recruits nodded and Yoshiro smiled, "I swear to protect the innocent and my brothers and sisters." All of the recruits spoke up, "I swear to protect the innocent and my brothers and sisters." Yoshiro spoke up, "As well as to honor the memory of those of us who fall in combat." The recruits all spoke up, "As well as to honor the memory of those of us who fall in combat." Yoshiro nodded, "And that under no circumstance will I turn my weapon against another Raptor unless I have proven in an international tribunal that they have committed a war crime." The recruits all spoke up, "And that under no circumstance will I turn my weapon against another Raptor unless I have proven in an international tribunal that they have committed a war crime."

Yoshiro nodded, "You are all now Raptors. Remember our motto, 'Hinc melius quicquid futurum mundi.' It means that we fight no matter what for a better future for our world. You may now all enter the base." As the recruits entered the base, Basilio looked at Yoshiro, "That was a good speech." Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah, I know. You have to be a rather good orator in order to be a king. I just hope that I will not be leading these people to their deaths." Caladwen nodded, "They're the best of the best, they're what you asked for." Yoshiro nodded, "I know, but with so much of the galaxy that remains unknown, and potential threats from outside our own galaxy... they might not be ready. Plus, when Aiko does make her move, I'm going to stop at nothing to end her life." Caladwen nodded, "I understand Yoshiro, and though I'm not Rogelio, I'll be at your side the entire time." Yoshiro placed his hand on Caladwen's shoulder, "Thanks, you're a good friend."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.