New Horizons(on hold for now)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

New Horizons(on hold for now)

#1 Post by Akira110 »

Disclaimer: I am writing this crossover as tribute to Krazy Krow's Spinnerette, which is an amazing webcomic. I am only using his setting and characters with his written permission. That said, this being a crossover, is non-canon.

Prologue

Spinnyverse

A Six-armed superhero was on patrol with her partner, a purple haired woman in a mechanized suit. She smiled at her partner, "Mecha Maid, isn't it great to have a peaceful patrol like this, I mean it's nice to be able to do super hero stuff, but it's also nice to just be out here. Feeling the wind against our hair and faces." Mecha Maid nodded and smiled as she flew behind the swinging woman, "Yes, Spinnerette, you can say that this is almost like a date." Spinnerette nodded, "Yes, that's what we should call this, shame I don't have anything to eat, hey, do you think we should get ice cream?" Mecha Maid nodded, but suddenly something appeared on her visor, "Spinny, there's someone back at the base, I think we should go back." Spinnerette nodded and the two of them turned around and headed back towards the base.

When they arrived, Spinnerette noticed a gray haired man with a gray beard looked at them, smiling, "Spinnerette, I have good news for the both of you. My people have decided that they wanted to go with something in your universe. However, they wanted to do a crossover event." Mecha Maid blinked, "A crossover event, what's that?" The man looked at her, "Mecha Maid, it's good to meet you, I'm a big fan. Anyhow, how would you feel about interacting with beings from another universe, it's this universe that my people had stumbled upon in Two-Thousand and Eight, but its own Editor has rebooted it several times so far." Spinnerette smiled slightly, "Well Editor, after last time, I'm not sure if I trust you, but since no one got hurt, I'm willing to give it a shot. Why not." The Editor smiled widely, "Excellent, Spinnerette, I promise that nothing will go wrong!"

Chronicles of Verbana: Original Generation

Yoshiro ran through a burning city, his mind was racing wildly as he did so. He had no idea what was going on or why, but the screams of the innocents around him were filling him with rage. He drew his pistol as he ran and extended a barrier of light energy in front of him as he did so. He noticed someone that looked like they didn't belong, they looked like a shorter Eltiranan, except with more fur, the person opened fire against him and he fired back, hitting and killing them. He stopped in front of the body and let his visor scan it, when he got in contact with the database, there was a large unknown on the visor, "Curses." He placed his finger on the earpiece, "This is Phoenix, I need an immediate evac for any survivors. And a new platoon of troops, mine are sort of dead..." Yoshiro heard weapons fire hit his barrier and he turned around to fire at them.

After Yoshiro hit all of his targets, a cyborg Kitsune rushed at him and he fired his gun, hitting a barrier in front of the Kitsune, "What!?" The Cyborg closed in and Yoshiro barely avoided getting hit, but wasn't prepared for the Kitsune to grab him by the head and slam him into the wall, "Gah!" Yoshiro placed his pistol against the chest of the cyborg and fired a shot, causing the cyborg to retreat from him. As he hit the ground, he looked around, "Where'd he go? People don't just up and disappear." Yoshiro's visor alerted him to a high energy reaction to the south of him, "There you are!" Yoshiro ran through the streets of the city, following the map that was laid out before him, he saw the flames burn brightly in the night, but his concern was to take out that cyborg. When he arrived at his destination, he saw a portal floating there, "So he used this..." Yoshiro tapped his earpiece, which only gave out static, "Being jammed, great. Well only one way to go now." Yoshiro looked at the portal and dove into it.

Chronicles of Verbana: New Generation

Balthoron stood in front of his wife's grave, "Sorry I'm not here to see you, my love. I'm here to see our daughter. Kid, I wish that you had a chance to come into life, but you were..." Balthoron drew his shotgun and pointed it behind him, "State your business, outsider." A male Kitsune spoke up, "People here are quite quick to violence, and I'm part of the Air Force..." Balthoron turned around to see a thin Kitsune with long red hair in a pony tail and green eyes, "Tell me what you're doing here. This is a private graveyard." The Kitsune looked at him, "You're here to see your wife and unborn child, right?" Balthoron growled, "Tell me what you are doing here, or I WILL fire, am I clear!" The Kitsune walked away, "Fine, fine, you win. I'll leave." Balthoron put the shotgun away as the kitsune walked away, however he noticed something peculiar, the Kitsune had a pair of Katana, weapons he didn't see up here.

Balthoron turned around to speak to the grave again, "Anyhow, I don't know where you are, or who you have been reincarnated as. But kiddo, I hope that you can forgive your old man. I recently met your mother's reincarnation and well, it wasn't the worst thing that happened to me. Anyhow..." Balthoron got interrupted by beeping in his helmet, "Oh come on! What is it now!?" Balthoron opened the channel, "Yes!? I am here visiting my wife and daughter! What is it!?" Caladwen spoke up, "I'm aware, Colonel, but I figured that you would want to know that there is a large energy spike in your vicinity. It seems to connect somewhere." Balthoron sighed and turned to his left, "Well, that was easy, I'll investigate it." Balthoron walked over to the portal and sighed, sticking his hand in first, when he felt there was no pain, he walked into the portal.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: New Horizons

#2 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 1

Mecha Maid watched as the Editor frowned slightly, "Something go wrong?" The Editor sighed, "To be honest, I was hoping to bring them both here. They're very close to here though, surely you can detect the energy spikes, Mecha Maid." Mecha Maid nodded as her visor showed two separate energy spikes, neither of them were too far from each other. She looked over at Spinnerette, "Do you think we should split up, they're not too far from each other and if one of us needs help, the other can get there quickly." Spinnerette nodded slightly, "Be careful, Mecha Maid." Mecha Maid smiled, "You be careful yourself, Spinny."

Mecha Maid took off from the roof of the building and flew towards the energy spike that she saw on her visor. As she looked down, she noticed someone armored standing there, "Vesper, can you scan the armor?" A voice spoke up, "Sorry Mecha Maid. I cannot. It is of an otherworldly make. However, I detect a high energy weapon on his person." Mecha Maid gritted her teeth as she watched as the person looked up at her. She spoke up, "You seem to be new around here, this isn't an open carry state. You'll have to give me your weapon." The man spoke up, "Your armor has many weaknesses and flaws and..." Mecha Maid readied her missiles as she watched as the man pull a strange looking weapon off of his back.

The man placed the weapon on the ground and took off his helmet, "Come down here, we'll talk." Mecha Maid nodded slightly and landed on the ground, "What... are you?" The man looked at her, "I'm a Mercenary. Well, the leader of a mercenary company." Mecha Maid shook her head, "That's not what I meant, I mean you're not human." The man looked at her, his violet eyes looking through her visor into her eyes, "I'm a Kilf, it's a Kitsune-Elf hybrid. Where am I?" Mecha Maid arched a brow, "You don't know where you are? This is Columbus, Ohio." The Kilf nodded, "And what year is this?" Mecha Maid looked at him, "Twenty-ten." The Kilf blinked in disbelief, "I should only be a young adult if it was two thousand and ten by human reckoning, and what is an Ohio?" Mecha Maid sighed, "You're going to have to learn a lot of things."

The Kilf nodded, "I suppose so, so long as you're not taking me to prison. At any rate, I surrender. Take my weapons." The Kilf put his hand on his belt and removed it, handing it over to here, "My pistol is on this belt and my shotgun is at your feet." Mecha Maid nodded and took the belt and picked up the shotgun, "These are some strange weapon designs, where do they come from." The Kilf sighed, "I'm not allowed to say, in case that I break the space-time continuum, but they're not from this time and they're not human make. All I can say is that they are a high energy photon weapons that condense photons into a densely packed packet that acts as if it was a solid object." Mecha Maid blinked as she didn't quite understand the explanation entirely, but she did get the gist of it.

The Kilf extended a gloved hand, "By the way, I forgot to mention, I'm Balthoron Miyamae." Mecha Maid nodded, "Well, you seem more well behaved than most villains I encounter, Balthoron." Balthoron sighed, "Honestly, I've been called worse, but I'm not really a villain. I'm not looking to hurt anyone, where I come from war used to be a common thing, so all soldiers got used to carrying their weapons everywhere with them." Mecha Maid nodded, "I'm Mecha Maid, by the way. Would you like to come with me, back to headquarters, we could ask Ben Franklin to check you out." Balthoron shrugged slightly, "If it makes you feel better, I'd just as soon explore this new world." Mecha Maid nodded, "I understand. But it's protocol."

Balthoron nodded, "I know a thing or two about protocol, can be a right pain. So, you want me to lead or you? Cause you kind of have my weapons and I'm not about to try to leave without them." Mecha Maid shrugged, "Well in that case, you can follow." Balthoron nodded and followed Mecha Maid as she walked through the city. As they walked, Mecha Maid looked back, "So, tell me, why did you surrender back there?" Balthoron spoke up, "When you scanned my armor, I scanned yours. The on-board computer ran simulations of every one of your weapons and found all but one of them to be non-lethal. Unfortunately for you, they would've been ineffective against my armor. Yes, even your missiles."

Mecha Maid frowned, "So what you're saying is, you surrendered because I would've lost?" Balthoron shook his head, "You would've died. Since you weren't a threat, I would've used hand to hand combat, but my scans revealed something. You're using medical technology in the armor itself. No one does that, unless they are using it for life support. Mecha Maid, I may be a soldier, but I refuse to kill someone that's on life support. It's amoral." Mecha Maid stopped, "So what you're saying is that you wouldn't fight me because my time is limited." Balthoron shook his head, "The type of medical devices you have are nerve amplification devices. You have a degenerative nervous system disorder." Mecha Maid blinked slightly, "How do you know that?" Balthoron sighed and walked around to look her in the eye, "I'm a doctor as well, Mecha Maid..."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#3 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 2

Yoshiro ran through the streets of the city, avoiding cars as he did so, he was on the lookout for the mysterious kitsune that had burned down the city. He sighed slightly as he climbed onto a car and jumped to a building to start climbing up the fire escape. When he arrived on the rooftop he looked around, "Damn!" He heard a sound and turned around to see someone standing on the roof as well, though he noticed something was odd about them. They had strange blue hair and blue eyes, and the person smiled at him, "Your money or your life, your choice.." Yoshiro smirked and entered a fighting stance, "Just try and take either, child." The man formed a dagger made of ice and rushed Yoshiro, who moved to the side and used a light barrier to redirect the momentum. The man looked at him, "I'm Icebrand and I will kill you, superhero!"

Yoshiro looked at Icebrand, "Superhero?" Yoshiro allowed Icebrand to attack him again, this time grabbing his arm and throwing him to the ground. Yoshiro grabbed his sword and drew it swiftly, pointing it at the back of the man's neck, "You will do what I say, or you will be put into the ground, am I clear?" Icebrand winced slightly and Yoshiro smirked slightly, "Move back slightly, go ahead, I have the advantage here." Icebrand did as Yoshiro said and suddenly stopped when he touched the tip of the sword, "You... you're going to kill me, you're not a superhero!" Yoshiro nodded, "That's right, kid. I'm an ex-soldier, currently a mercenary. I'm not exactly afraid to do a little wet work." Icebrand spoke up, "You're in for it now, we're both going away, Spinnerette is here." Yoshiro blinked, "Who..."

Before Yoshiro could say anything, he heard a woman speak up, "Halt evildoer! You will not kill that villain." Yoshiro placed his foot on Icebrand's back and pushed him into the roof as he sheathed his sword, "Okay. If it's all the same, I'll knock him out, he's dangerous." Spinnerette turned around and aimed her rear at Yoshiro which confused him, but when he noticed a substance erupt from the base of her spine, he quickly threw up a light barrier. Her webbing slammed into his barrier and she looked surprised, "What!?" Yoshiro looked at her, "You're not very well trained, none of you are..." Spinnerette frowned, "What do you mean that I'm not well trained!?" Yoshiro sighed and moved off Icebrand, "Tie him up and I'll show you." Spinnerette nodded and fired webbing at Icebrand and Yoshiro took a fighting pose, "No powers, just hand to hand combat."

Spinnerette nodded and rushed at Yoshiro, getting three of her hands ready to punch. Yoshiro read her movements and moved out of the way of her punch, grabbing two of her free arms and using the momentum to wrestle her to the ground, "That's what I mean by untrained, but Icebrand said that you came to get both of us, I assume that you're some sort of police?" Spinnerette shook her head as Yoshiro let her back him, "I'm a superhero." Yoshiro nodded slightly, "This world is very different from my own." Yoshiro took off his helmet and looked at her, Spinnerette smiled and grabbed at his cheeks, "You're so adorable!" Yoshiro growled, "Stop that!" Spinnerette nodded and backed off, "Sorry!" Yoshiro nodded, "If it will make you feel better, I'll take all of this off and disarm myself."

Spinnerette shook her head, "You should wait until we get back to headquarters to do that, do you have some sort of human disguise that you can use until then." Yoshiro sighed, "I can't do it with my armor on. That and I would rather not cause any more alarm than I already have, Spinnerette. I just want you to know that I'm not a threat to you or anyone you care about. I'm just looking for a particular member of my species with cybernetic limbs. He burned down an entire city." Spinnerette gasped, "That's awful!" Yoshiro nodded slightly, "I know, but it's something that I'm used to seeing." Spinnerette frowned, "Why is that?" Yoshiro sighed, "Kid, I'm a mercenary and I used to be a soldier. I've probably seen more people die than you have seen in fiction."

Spinnerette nodded slightly, not quite understanding, "You seem so calm about it." Yoshiro shrugged slightly, "I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Yoshiro Miyamae." Spinnerette nodded, "Well..." Suddenly two cops arrived on the roof, "Spinnerette! It's good to see you again. Captured Icebrand again, I see." Yoshiro winced as his helmet was still off, and he concentrated to bend light around him to turn invisible, however the other officer shouted and broke his concentration, "Freeze!" Yoshiro put his hands in the air and dropped his helmet, Spinnerette looked at them, "No, this is a new superhero in training, he's Armored Fox!" Yoshiro looked at her, "Really?" The officer nodded, "Alright, you both have a good day." Yoshiro sighed and picked up his helmet and put it on, "I cannot believe that worked, I refuse to believe that worked."

Spinnerette nodded, "You're not a bad person, mind following me as I take you back to headquarters?" Yoshiro shook his head, "Not at all. But first, I would like to see your eyes, not the lenses in your mask that hide your eyes." Spinnerette sighed and lifted her mask slightly to show her eyes. Yoshiro frowned, "Your eyes look a lot like mine. I see regret in them." Spinnerette blinked as she lowered her mask, "What do you mean?" Yoshiro motioned for her to start moving so he could follow, the two of them started to make their way to the sidewalk, as Yoshiro spoke up, "Simple, you regret having ever taken a life. It's never easy and you never get used to it." Spinnerette turned and looked at him, "What would you know of..." Yoshiro placed his hand on her top left shoulder, "Like I said, I'm a former soldier."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#4 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 3

Spinnerette and Mecha Maid had met up in front of their headquarters and had gone on ahead without the two visitors, leaving Yoshiro and Balthoron to walk up twenty flights of stairs. Yoshiro looked at Balthoron as they walked, "Hey." Balthoron looked forward, "Hello, Yoshiro." Yoshiro laughed, "You have me at a disadvantage, friend. Mind telling me your name?" Balthoron lied, "Eruedraith Mithethdal." Yoshiro shook his head, "You're not telling me the truth. What's your real name." Balthoron looked at him, "Fine, it's Bellrauthien Neleremae." Yoshiro stopped Balthoron, "Stop lying to me, I recognize your scent and have never met anyone with either of those names, tell me your real name." Balthoron turned to look at Yoshiro, "Then tell me, who do you think I am."

Yoshiro looked into Balthoron's eyes and placed his hand on Balthoron's cheek, "You're my son, but that would mean that you're from the future. Balthoron where I'm from is still young." Balthoron nodded and hugged Yoshiro, who hugged him back. Balthoron gripped tightly, "It's been over a thousand years since I've last seen you alive, Daddy." Yoshiro nodded, "Understandable, I'm not going to be around forever, you know." Balthoron nodded, "I know, father. But you know, a lot has happened after you died. I can't tell you it all, but as you can probably guess with how I'm dressed and armed." Yoshiro nodded, "I know, Son, but we need to hurry up and get up to the top of this tower, come on, we can talk about a lot of other things on the way, I don't really want to talk about this right now."

Yoshiro and Balthoron made their way up the stairs and entered the headquarters of the super heroes in Columbus, Ohio. Balthoron noticed Spinnerette standing there, talking to a strange person wearing some sort of armor, but he couldn't see the person's face. However Balthoron could feel a powerful electrical field emanating from the person. Yoshiro tensed up, "Balthoron, you feel that?" Balthoron nodded, "I do, Father." Mecha Maid took notice of this, "Balthoron, Balthoron's father, this is Lightning, he's one of the senior heroes around here." Lightning turned his head to look at the two of them, "Neither of them are human, what an interestin development. As the lady introduced me, I'm Lightning."

Yoshiro looked at him, "How can I trust you, if I can't see your face." Lightning looked at Yoshiro, "I preferred a far more reliable way to hide mah identity. Ya see, this helmet here is designed to mask mah entire face. That way the super villains don't learn who I am." Balthoron stepped forward, "You have control over electricity, I can feel it." Lightning placed his hand on his visor and sighed, "Naw, boy, ya think with a name like Lightning, I'd have power over fish. Like that aquaman guy in DC Comics." Balthoron sighed, "There's no need to be sarcastic, I'm just stating an observation." Lightning nodded, "I just thought that mah name made it quite obvious that I have power over electricity. However, since the two of you aren't gonna trust me unless I take mah helmet off. Spinnerette, Mecha Maid, y'all think that y'all can go out and get some ice cream? Mah treat."

Mecha Maid nodded, "Sure thing, come on Spinny." Lightning handed Mecha Maid a twenty dollar bill and Spinnerette protested, "I want to see his face." Mecha Maid frowned, "He wants privacy with these two." As the two of them left, Balthoron and Yoshiro listened for them, when they were out of their ear shot, Yoshiro spoke up, "They're gone." Yoshiro took off his helmet, revealing his face, "There, now take off your helmet." Lightning took off his helmet and revealed his face to the others, "Not what quite what y'all had expected, huh?" Yoshiro shrugged, "I'm ex-military, not much surprises me." Balthoron folded his arms, "You're just a kid." Lightning looked at them, his red hair was slicked back and he stroke a red beard. He looked at them with his green eyes and smiled, "So, tell me, what were y'all expecting?"

Balthoron shook his head, "Nothing, honestly." Yoshiro sighed slightly, "Alright, now we can get to talking, I'm Yoshiro by the way. Why are you here, you dropped by unannounced." Lightning nodded, "Simple, y'all are going to be under constant superhero supervision, to make sure that y'all ain't a threat of course." Yoshiro sighed, "Oh wonderful, so we're going to be treated like children." Balthoron nodded, "Let me guess, you're going to be one of the people watching over us?" Lightning looked at Yoshiro, "Y'all are going to be treated like adults, thank ya very much." Lightning looked at Balthoron, "Naw, I don't do good workin with teams. At least not anymore." Balthoron blinked, "So what happened?" Lightning folded his arms and put on his helmet, "That'll have to wait for another time."

Lightning pressed a button on a computer and an image of an old man came up, "Hey Ben, y'all up there at the ASA think y'all can send a group of superheroes to look after these two aliens?" Ben looked at him, "Lightning, I know you're from the south but... oh wow, they are quite indeed extra-terrestrials." Lightning spoke up, annoyed, "Was that a crack at my ancestry. I'll have ya know that mah ancestors were from the north." Ben looked at him, "Well Alternate, Reflex and Super MILF are free, and I'll have to come see them.Taking her invisible plane, I think it'll take about three to four hours to get there." Lightning nodded, "Mind if I make like a banana and split? Cause Alternate creeps me out." Ben nodded, "Alright, Lightning. Remember though employ thy time well, if thou meanest to gain leisure."

Lightning nodded, "Will do, Ben." He pressed the button on the console and looked at the other two people in the room, "I feel bad for y'all. Super MILF is... eh. I really don't like her very much. At any rate, I'm gonna head out for now, if y'all need anythin, Mecha Maid and Spinnerette are going to arrive at any moment." Yoshiro looked at Lightning, "Go ahead and go, not like we can get into much trouble on our own anyhow." Balthoron nodded, "I concur with my father." Lightning looked at the two of them through his visor, "Somehow, I doubt that y'all are tellin me the truth, but at this point in time, it doesn't matter. See y'all later." Yoshiro and Balthoron watched as Lightning left the facility and Balthoron sat down in a chair, "Wonder what to do now." Yoshiro shrugged, "Find something to watch." Balthoron smirked, "Great idea."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#5 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 4

A young man wearing a suit walked through the courtyard of Ohio Research University, he ran a hand through his blond hair and smiled softly, "Another day of learning." The man continued to walk through the courtyard when someone blocked his path, "Hey, where do you think you're going?" The man looked at the person, "I have no idea who ya think ya are, but I reckon that you should get out of mah way." The person looked at him, "No way, you're a southerner like Lightning." The man sighed and closed his brown eyes, "I think that ya think that yer gettin a little too big for yer britches there." The person looked at him, "Oh, you're trying to start a fight or something? I see how it is, you think that just because you're a junior, you get to come in here however you want." The man looked at the person, "Yer breath reeks of alcohol. Move away."

The man walked past the other person who threw a punch at him, but the man moved his head out of the way and kept on walking calmly. However something caught his eye, a woman in a motorized chair, "Hey, Marilyn Seong!" Marilyn looked over at him, "Joseph, you're as punctual as always..." Joseph nodded, "Yeah, I have a habit of bein quite punctual." Marilyn spoke up, "So are you going to go to class today or are you going to go teach at the school?" Joseph shrugged, "Naw, I ain't got class today and the teacher I help out ain't called me yet, so I figgered that I'm gonna help out around here." Marilyn sighed, "You always were the kind of person to apply yourself and help others, even when you would run yourself ragged. Do you mind coming to my office, I would like to show you something."

Joseph nodded slightly and followed her to her office, he opened the door for her and noticed a lot of computers, "I reckon you ain't doin any normal research in here." Marilyn looked at him, "No, I wanted your help, since your father is working with my father." Joseph watched as she rode into the room and he walked in, closing the door. Marilyn turned around, "So that suit that your father designed for you, Joseph..." Joseph blinked, "I have no idea what yer talkin about, Marilyn. Mah Pop made that suit fer mah friend." Marilyn sighed, "Joseph, you don't need to lie to me, our fathers are friends, partners even." Joseph sighed and folded his arms, "Fine then, but I wanna wait til the others are in their classes." Marilyn nodded, "Alright then."

After a few minutes, Marilyn spoke up, "So, Joseph, about that suit." Joseph sighed, "So are ya gonna tell me what was yer first clue as to me bein ya know who?" Marilyn smiled slightly, "Simple, you and Lightning both appeared in Columbus, Ohio at the same time and when he's around, you're nowhere to be found. Not to mention, Lightning's armor is Daniel's prototype." Joseph sighed, "So ya figgered it out. I'll help ya. But only cause yer mah friend." Marilyn looked at him, "I know that you're not quite knowledgeable when it comes to power armor, despite the fact that... I apologize, it's... rather difficult for me to speak for long periods of time." Joseph nodded slightly, "I understand. Look, ya need any help, ya know how to call me. I got mah phone on me at all times."

Marilyn nodded as Joseph's phone played the metal gear solid codec theme, Joseph smiled slightly, "Sorry, gotta take this." Joseph answered his phone, "This is Joseph Elwood, what do ya need?" The voice on the other side spoke up, "It's been a while Joseph. Do you mind coming to goodale park, I'd like to meet with you. I haven't seen you since our breakup and I know what you've been doing up here." Joseph spoke up, "I have no idea what yer talkin about, Tess." Tess spoke over the phone, "Joseph, don't play coy with me. I know when you're lying to me." Joseph sighed, "I refuse to continue this conversation over the phone." Tess spoke over the phone, "I concur, come meet me at the park, I'll be waiting for you."

Joseph sighed and hung up on her, "Sorry Marilyn, I won't be as close as I'd like to be to the university, if ya need anythin, don't hesitate to call me. There might be a delay, but I'll get here as fast as I can." Marilyn went back to her research, "That is alright, Joseph. You take care." Joseph nodded, "You as well, Marilyn." Joseph walked out and brushed past the dark skinned, light haired security guard on the way, "Sorry fer that, Buzz." Buzz looked at him, "Going to the high school?" Joseph sighed and stopped, "Naw, mah ex-girlfriend called and now I gotta go meet up with her." Buzz chuckled, "You don't have to meet up with her if you don't want to, you know?" Joseph sighed, "If only ya knew what I know about her."

Buzz smirked, "Well of course you'd know more about her than I would. Anyhow, you take care, Joseph." Joseph nodded and waved towards him as he walked towards the exit. Once out of the building, he pulled out his phone and called up his father, "Dad, I got a problem. Tess has followed me to Ohio." Daniel's voice spoke over the phone, "I see, I'm working on your new armor. If all goes well, I'll be able to bring it up there in a few days." Joseph sighed, "Hopefully, Rain and Snow's killer ain't intendin to follow me up here as well." Daniel sighed over the phone, "All we can do about that particular thing is hope, son. Listen, you take care, and remember, I will always love you." Joseph nodded, "I love ya too, Dad. Take care."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#6 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 5

Joseph walked into goodale park, he was looking for a particular woman as he looked at all of the people there, "She called me into a null zone, fascinating..." Joseph continued to look around and then finally called out, "Tess! I know yer here!" A black haired woman with green eyes and glasses walked over towards him, holding an ice cream cone, "Joseph, you're as noisy as ever." Joseph looked at her, "You and I ain't going to talk here. Yer gonna come with me, ya understand?" Tess looked at him, squinting her eyes behind her glasses, "I chose this place for a reason, it's neutral ground. Look, I'm not going to mince words with you, Carey and Hailey want you back." Joseph shook his head, "I moved up here cause I wanted to get away from all of that drama."

Tess looked at him, "As stubborn as ever I see, so what is it going to take to convince you to return. Inverse is causing trouble and I haven't been able to lead the team as well as you have. You always had this no nonsense, take charge attitude about you, yet you were always the first one to risk your life in a dangerous situation." Joseph sighed, "I ain't comin back, Tess, y'all are gonna have to make do with what y'all got." Tess sighed, "So there is really no changing your mind?" Joseph looked at her, "Naw, there ain't, now stop wastin yer time on it." Tess sighed, "The man I once dated is truly well and gone." Joseph shook his head, "He's still here, just he has different priorities these days. Tess, I ain't gonna lie, Inverse scares me."

Tess blinked, "I guess I will follow you now, I want to hear this." Joseph nodded and walked out of the park with Tess in tow. He walked through the streets, until he reached a building of his own, "I own this entire lot, Ben Franklin helped me convert it to a place for me to live and work." Tess nodded, "What's Ben like." Joseph opened the door and walked into his place, closing it when Tess followed him in, "Ben is quite the philosopher, he's quite polite and a good natured man. Though I reckon that's because of his upbringin. Anyhow mind followin me into my headquarters?" Joseph walked over to a wall and placed his hand on it, he sent an electrical pulse into the wall and part of the wall slid to the side, revealing a set of stairs, "Ladies first."

Tess walked down the stairs and Joseph followed her, "Wow, you built all of this yourself?" Joseph shook his head, "I ain't do all this by mahself. I had help from my Pop's friend." Tess nodded as Joseph walked over to his armor, "Tess, remember three years ago?" Tess nodded, "How can I forget, we had both turned eighteen that year and we started dating." Joseph nodded, "It was our datin that made me happy back then. After our breakup, I was gonna leave the team, then Inverse showed up. Because I couldn't keep a level head, I got Regan and Sarah killed." Tess sighed, "You honestly blame yourself for that, Lightning?" Joseph turned around, "Tornado, I don't think ya understand. Had I kept a level head, they would be alive right about now."

A voice spoke up, "You used your powers when you didn't need to." Joseph sighed, "Howdy Alternate, how are ya doin today?" A bald man walked in wearing a large robe, "Tornado and Lightning in the same area..." Tess looked at Joseph, "How does he know who I am?" Joseph shrugged, "I ain't got the foggiest clue how he does it, he just does and it creeps me out." Alternate looked at Tess, "I know you from an alternate universe." Tess nodded, "I see. Well Joseph, I'm going to head out for a bit, do you mind if I crash here during my visit?" Joseph sighed, "I guess I ain't got a choice in the matter, but please do not leave me alone with Alternate." Tess walked off, doing exactly that, much to Joseph's annoyance.

Alternate looked at Joseph who stared back at him, Joseph was the first to break the silence, "Alright, we're gonna crack this mystery open like a clam at a seafood buffet. How in tarnation do ya know Tess and I?" Alternate shook his head, "I will not say, yet." Joseph folded his arms, "Alternate, ya can either tell me what ya know, or ya can leave the premises. It don't matter to me one bit which one ya choose, just choose one." Alternate turned around and started walking up the stairs, but he stopped, "I cannot tell you, because you have not authorized me to tell you." Before Joseph could ask him what that meant, Alternate was gone, leaving Joseph to his thoughts. Joseph shook his head and sat down in his chair, looking at his computer with a sigh.

As Joseph looked at the computer, he reached into the drawer and pulled out his old ring, it was Purple with a white circle on top, in the middle of the circle, there was a purple Lightning Bolt. He closed his hand around it and sighed, "It was my stupidity and childishness that got my friends killed." He picked up a ring with a similar design, except the purple was dark blue and there was a rain symbol on it, "Regan, you were always serious, but kept the rest of us out of trouble, my friend." He placed that back and picked up a ring with a similar design, except the blue was replaced with a light blue and there was a snowflake on it, "Sarah, your smile kept our darkest days bright, and you were always the first to tell a joke. I'm sorry that I failed you." Joseph placed the rings back in his desk and sighed as he looked at the ceiling, their deaths still weighed heavily on him.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#7 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 6

Yoshiro sat in the headquarters of Spinnerette and Mecha Maid, while his son was in the other room, he had taken off his armor and kicked his feet up on the table. He had caught several unfamiliar scents in the area, "Guess they're here." He folded his arms and watched the door as a rather well endowed woman walked in and he sighed, "Oh you've got to be kidding me. Their first foot forward to an unknown species is offending them. The woman looked at him with a smirk, "There's nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to my Venusian bust. It needs air cooling because of all the heat it produces." Yoshiro looked at her, "I already do not like you. Take your breasts and... go somewhere else with them." The voice of a male human spoke up, "My my, getting hasty in a path to violence will only bring ruin to this meeting."

Yoshiro watched as a rather portly older human walked in wearing glasses and a strange combat suit, "I assume that you're Ben." Ben nodded, "I am Ben Franklin." Yoshiro smirked, "Excellent, if you're the leader of all super heroes, you must be worth a bit of a spar." Ben chuckled, "I would decline, but I've run into your types before. I'll have you know that I'm supernaturally lucky." Yoshiro stood up and stretched his arms a bit, "I know this place isn't exactly appropriate, why don't we go up to the roof." Ben nodded, "Super MILF, Reflex, you watch after the other two, I'll have to teach this guy a lesson in jumping to violence at the first meeting." Yoshiro nodded, "Don't worry, I'll hold back." Ben folded his arms as Yoshiro walked off, "Aren't you being cocky there." Yoshiro smiled, "Ben, I'm a warrior. Think about what holding back means to one there."

The two of them walked onto the roof and Yoshiro smiled slightly, "At your ready." Yoshiro took a stance and Ben just stood there, confusing Yoshiro for a second. Yoshiro looked at him, "Are you going to take any sort of defensive stance?" Ben smiled, "Well then, what are you waiting for. You wanted to get this contest underway and now you have it. Though I would rather not come to blows, this is your undoing." Yoshiro nodded, "Very well." Yoshiro rushed in and swung at Ben's face, knowing it to be unarmored, but he watched as Ben moved out of the way. Undaunted he grabbed at Ben's arm to keep him in range, but found himself grappled instead. Yoshiro used this opportunity to throw a punch and watched as Ben not only dodged it, but felt himself leave the ground, "Woah!"

Yoshiro tried to pull some sort of reversal by wrapping his legs around Ben's torso, but felt himself accelerate greatly, "Oh crap..." Before he knew it, he was falling down a twenty story building, he closed his eyes and spread out his mass, he knew he had only one shot at this, or he was going to hit that ground and die. He concentrated on quickly shape shifting into his Fennikkusu form. His body rapidly underwent the changes and when he opened his eyes, he noticed he only had about fifty feet left to go. He used his wings to change the direction of his momentum, directing it forward and barely missing the ground. Using that same momentum, he flew back up on top of the building and landed, falling to one knee immediately, "Alright, never sparring with you again."

Ben walked over to him, "I didn't mean to throw you off the building, like I said, I'm supernaturally lucky, no one can cause me any harm. Is everything alright." Yoshiro panted and sighed, "I... I'll be fine, never had to shape shift under such duress though. I'm going to need quite a bit of food." A voice spoke up, "You need to relax a bit, you took that fight like it was serious." Yoshiro turned to see a tanned man wearing a yellow domino mask and a black vest, with a white ponytail standing there, "If I had." Yoshiro stood up, "If I had, I'd have gone for the unarmored neck. I'm a warrior..." The man spoke up, "Name's Reflex, and you look like you need to relax a bit. Your son told me all about how you fight all the time." Yoshiro sighed and looked away, "Yeah, I do. I fight, it's what I'm good at."

Ben nodded, "The world needs warriors..." Yoshiro interrupted him, "Just as it needs diplomats. An old saying for sure, but one that rings true." Balthoron walked out onto the room, "Hey Dad, you alright?" Yoshiro looked at him, "Yeah, I guess they already know you." Yoshiro extended his hand to Ben, "My name is Yoshiro, I'm the leader of the Raptor Mercenary Force where I come from and I used to be part of the Military, officially I was a Colonel, but unofficially they had promoted me to General after I tried to retire from the front lines the first time." Super MILF spoke up, "Hun, what brought you back to the front lines then?" Yoshiro sat on the edge of the roof and looked out to the sky, "Simple, my best friend was killed before my very eyes, I still have not forgiven his killer. But revenge is just not who I am."

Ben nodded, "Well I got good news and bad news." Balthoron spoke up, "What's the bad news?" Super MILF smiled, "I'll be here with Reflex and Alternate to monitor the two of you. Humanity is having first contact with you guys so there are some procedures to be taken care of, I hope you understand." Yoshiro muttered, "Hope it goes better than the last time it happened." Ben spoke up, "What was that?" Yoshiro shrugged, "Last time my people had first contact with humanity, humanity wiped out an entire colony. We retaliated by wiping out their entire military. And by we, I meant those who voted for the damned war. My nation remained neutral. I knew what was going to happen and it did." Ben nodded, "As for the good new, you'll be well taken care of until we can get you clearance to walk among the people safely." Balthoron shrugged, "I'm fine with that." Yoshiro smirked, "I accept the terms."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#8 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 7

Night had fallen on the city and Joseph sat on the roof of his house, he enjoyed living out here in the suburbs as he had a far better view of the stars and moon than he did while inside the city. As he looked at the stars, he suddenly got a call on his phone and he looked at it, "...Cloud." Joseph rejected the call, "I'm sorry, but I ain't bout to go back there. Not after what I did." A voice with a heavy accent spoke up, "So you're the kind of super hero that gives up, huh?" Joseph turned to see a werewolf like creature standing on his roof, "Who are ya and how did ya get here!?" The creature moved his hand, "Relax, my name's Bruno, I don't mean you any harm." Joseph narrowed his eyes, "So even werewolves know who I am?" Bruno looked at him, "No, and for the record, I'm not a werewolf. I am a Lupine."

Joseph nodded, "Ya can stay here, but I'm dragging ya down to Spinnerette's headquarters in the mornin' is that clear?" Bruno shrugged, "If you think you can do it, I welcome it, but I don't think that you'd be able to do so." Joseph sighed and laid down on his roof, "Whatever, I ain't got time to be arguin with you. Feel free to use mah couch, but there will be no sheddin, am I clear?" Bruno shrugged and sighed, "Who shoved the stick up your rear end?" Joseph looked at the sky, "None of yer damn business." Bruno sighed slightly and jumped off the roof, "Screw this, I'm going to go find a place to sleep that isn't here." Joseph shrugged slightly, "Be mah guest, but ya realize I'm gonna report ya to the American Superhero Association as an extraterrestrial lifeform, right?" Bruno walked off without a single word, leaving Joseph to his thoughts.

Joseph thought about his old friends and how they enjoyed being together. He remembered that most of them had met in the second grade, all of them were in the same class and he really had enjoyed their company. Carey and Tess were the ones that joined up with the group in the fourth grade. They would go into the fifth grade with the same teacher and then go to separate middle schools, where around the time they all turned thirteen, they got their super powers. He slid off his roof and walked into the house where there was a bottle of alcohol on the table. He sighed and poured himself a shot and drank it as his thoughts turned towards the formation of the Weather Team and pain tore itself through his heart.

Joseph looked at his phone and sighed as he called up his mother, "Hey ma?" His mother's voice spoke up over the phone, "Hey dear, sorry, I'm going to be working late tonight. I hope everything's alright. I know you haven't been the same since you know..." Joseph nodded, "Well, I wanted to let ya know that I ain't gonna to be home tonight. I'm gonna go see a friend." His mother spoke up, "Alright, please be careful and stop drinking so much, son." Joseph looked at the bottle, "I'll try. Love ya, ma." His mother's voice spoke up, "I love you too, dear. Bye." Joseph nodded and hung up, he switched over to Park Seong's number and called, there was a ring tone for a minute and then finally a voice he recognized spoke up, "Hello, Seong Residence." Joseph looked outside his window, "Hey, um, Butler."

The voice spoke up, "Park, Joseph, my name is Park." Joseph nodded, "Sorry, just ya and Mr. Seong have the same first name, ya know." Park spoke up, "What do you need?" Joseph sighed, "Look, I'm havin a bit of a rough night round here, mind if I come over there and sleep on the couch?" Park spoke up, "Marylin, do you mind if Joseph comes over and sleeps on the couch?" Joseph heard Marylin speak up, but couldn't understand. However Park spoke again, "She said that it's alright, Joseph. How do you plan on getting here?" Joseph spoke up, "I'll be there in thirty minutes or yer money back." Joseph hung up the phone and realized that he forgot to say good bye, "I'm gonna get an earful from him when I get there. Oh well, there ain't no time like the present."

Joseph walked into his room and grabbed his ring, when he put it on, his armor unlocked and he put it on. He walked out of the house, making sure that all of the doors and windows were locked and grabbed his phone on the way out. He crouched down slightly and then started running at very high speed, faster than any car. Thanks to the increased electrical power in his brain and eyes, he could easily avoid any obstacles that were in his path. He weaved in between cars, in and out of traffic in what appeared to onlookers as a harmless bolt of blue lightning. He soon left the city and entered a suburb area, where he ran down a street and then turned the corner into a driveway and then stopped. He thanked his superpowers for allowing him to negate the shock of such a sudden stop like that as he walked down the driveway.

When he reached the door, he knocked on it and a rather tall man wearing an eyepatch opened it, "Joseph, I presume." Joseph sighed, "What's the point of hiding mah identity if everyone knows it." Park looked at him with his one good eye, "You won't need that armor in here." Joseph shrugged and removed the armor, "Mind if I carry it inside?" Park shrugged, "I don't mind. But what have I told you about just hanging up on people?" Joseph sighed, "I'm sorry, Park. I'm just in a hurry to get away from mah place, but even so... it seems that I ain't gonna be runnin from mah past." Park nodded and motioned inside, "Trust me, I know all about that, Joseph." Joseph nodded as he walked into the house, "By the way, thanks for havin me over here, Park." Park nodded, "Don't thank me. Thank Marylin."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#9 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 8

Yoshiro sat at a table with Balthoron, he wasn't comfortable with staying where he was and wanted to go explore this new area. Before he knew what was going on, Spinnerette walked in, "I brought some video games to help with your boredom. Super MILF helped me with them." Yoshiro looked at his son, "Video games? Are they like..." Balthoron shrugged, "I never heard of them, Father." Yoshiro nodded as Reflex walked in carrying a few boxes and several bottles, "Hey, I heard you guys were getting some video games, so I brought you some pizzas and beer, you guys are old enough, right?" Balthoron looked at him, "Well I'm around seventeen hundred and fifty years old and if I were to wager a guess." Yoshiro spoke up, "Six hundred years old." Reflex blinked slightly, "I'm gonna guess that means that the two of you guys are old enough."

Yoshiro nodded, "Yes." Spinnerette started to hook up a Playstation 2, "Sorry, it's all we could afford right now, but I did get this game I think you might like to try, it's called Kingdom Hearts." Balthoron perked up, "Interesting. I'd like to try it." Super MILF handed a Game Boy Advance SP to Yoshiro, "Here you go, there's a game in there already, my son likes the Metroid Series, so I thought I'd let you try it, see how you like it." Yoshiro's stomach started to growl as he put down the Game Boy and Reflex put the boxes of Pizza on the table. Reflex smirked, "I got Pepperoni, Extra Cheese, Meat Lovers, Sausage, Supreme, Buffalo Chicken. I also got some chicken wings thrown in." Balthoron nodded, "Hey, toss me one of your human beers, would you?" Reflex tossed him a beer, "Kicking back and relaxin'! You're just my style."

Balthoron cracked open the beer with a smirk and started drinking it, much to his surprise, it was very good and had a somewhat citrus taste to it, "Hey, Dad, you got to try this." Yoshiro was already opening one of the boxes of Pizza, "Hey, Reflex, what are these red circles?" Spinnerette reached over with one arm and took a slice, "Pepperonis." Yoshiro grabbed a slice of pizza and sniffed it slightly, the smell was amazing. He decided to put the slice in his mouth and the combination of flavors just amazed him. He chewed the bite of pizza and swallowed it before speaking about it, "Oh my goodness, this is amazing, I've never had human food before, is there any more of this human food that you guys can let me try. Balthoron, this pizza, you should try this!"

Balthoron chuckled, "I've had Pizza before, Dad." Yoshiro took one of the beers and cracked it open, sipping at it as he continued to eat the pizza slice that he had. Balthoron laughed and took the controller that Spinnerette gave him and started to play the game she had put in there as Yoshiro watched, eating Pizza. Balthoron chuckled slightly as the cutscenes went on, "This must be a story heavy game, this cutscene is going on for a while." Yoshiro smiled slightly, "Well it seems to be a well designed game." Balthoron nodded, "Well, we'll see how it controls, but so far, I've yet to play a single second of this game." Soon the gameplay started and Balthoron got to control the character.

As time went on, Balthoron had quite a bit of fun and Yoshiro watched his son play the game. However, after about an hour and a half, Yoshiro saw something that angered him, "No. No! That is not a proper weapon. Where to I begin at the problems with that weapon!?" Super MILF looked at him, "Reflex, I think Yoshiro had too much to drink." Balthoron shook his head, "No, he's merely tipsy right now, and the design of this... Keyblade annoys me as well." Yoshiro sighed, "The double guard is wrong. It presents a viable target that would cause damage to the hand, wrist or fingers. The shaft of the keyblade is too thick, which gives it undesirable mass and the flange on the weapon is far too thick to properly concentrate the force of the blow. Not to mention, that damn double guard prevents any sort of edge alignment!"

Spinnerette shrugged, "Well it's a magical weapon. So it can do what it wants." Balthoron blinked and looked at her, "Um, you shouldn't have said that." Yoshiro stood up and placed his right hand forward, palm up. He formed a ball of light energy in his hand, "See this, this is magic." Reflex looked at it sheepishly as Spinnerette looked at him, "You can use magic?" Yoshiro sighed, "Not normally, no. I'm using implants in my body to be able to do so. My son can use it naturally though. My elemental affinity is Light, so though I can technically use any type of magic element except Dark, Light spells are the most powerful for me." Spinnerette nodded, "Interesting, Perhaps we could learn a lot more about you later?"

Yoshiro looked at her, "What do you mean later?" Super MILF spoke up, "You should get some rest, you seem like you need it." Yoshiro nodded, "Yeah, some rest sounds good." Yoshiro walked into a spare room where he found a bed, much to his surprise. He laid down on the bed and sighed slightly, wondering how Elbereth and his kids were doing, and his thoughts turned to the Cyborg Kitsune that had attacked him earlier in the day. He closed his eyes and began to drift off slowly to sleep when his son walked into the room, "Hey Dad, I just wanted to tell you goodnight." Yoshiro nodded without opening his eyes, "Good night, Balthoron. I love you, my son, always will." Balthoron nodded, "And the same to you, Dad."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#10 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 9

A black haired man walked into Columbus wearing his signature shades, his hair was a mess and he straightened his denim jacket as he kept walking. He had rode his motorbike all the way from Macon, Georgia to get here and he smiled as he sensed all of the Cherenkov-Kirby reactions. He laughed a bit as he crossed the street, but a car horn broke him out of his thoughts. He looked at the person, "You're no super." He continued to walk along the street, he was looking for Tornado, who had led him up here, and perhaps through her, he would be able to find the one person he enjoyed fighting above all else, Lightning. As he walked through the crowds of people, he noticed the strength of the reaction growing stronger, as well as reactions of other supers.

The man stopped suddenly as the power of one person became extremely close, he turned around to see someone wearing cargo pants and boots, in addition to biker gloves, a tank top and shades. The man looked at him, "My my, we have the first super that I've encountered all day long. I was starting to get bored." The other person spoke up as he formed an orange flame in his hand, "You're a superhero, huh? I'm Fireblade and you will be my first kill! After that, I'll kill these parasites around us." The man spoke up, "You'll do no such thing." Fireblade smirked, "Oh yeah, and who is going to stop me?" The man snapped his fingers, his power copying Fireblade's creating a flame in his hand that was near absolute zero, "Me." The man looked to the civilians, "Get out of here, now."

Fireblade threw a fireball at a young child and the man threw his own fireball at the fireball, cancelling it out. Fireblade winced and threw a fireball at the man, who dodged it and started moving forward. Fireblade used his flames to push himself into the sky and started flying at the mysterious man, hands engulfed in flames. However the man dodged the charging punch and put his fist into Fireblade's chest, unleashing the power. Fireblade quickly warmed up that area and punched at the mysterious man. The man moved out of the way and threw his own fireball into Fireblade's face. When Fireblade went to warm up his face, the man placed his hand over Fireblade's mouth and unleashed his flames into Fireblade, killing the Supervillain.

The man stood up from the dead body of his opponent, "You were weak." A woman ran out to him, "Thank you for saving us! But I don't even know your name." The man looked at her, "I do not intend to tell you my name, and I didn't save you. My interest is fighting supers and becoming the strongest, nothing more." The woman sighed, "Surely you have other interests." The man looked at her, "Leave me be, woman. I have no interest in wasting my time with people. I have my mission." As the man continued walking, he heard the woman speak up, "There was no need to be so rude." The man ignored her and continued walking. Soon he ran into a Lupine, "Superhero! Prepare to fight!" The Lupine looked at him and assumed a fighting position.

The man opened his hands and noticed that nothing was happening, "Strange... I sense you, but yet my powers don't work." The Lupine sighed, "You do not challenge someone to a fight and then not fight them without an explanation. The man looked at the Lupine, "You are not a super. You are not worth my time." The Lupine stood up straight, "You're wasting both of our times. Suddenly the man sensed something else and turned around to see a rather well endowed woman standing there, "Super MILF. We meet for the first time." The man assumed a fighting position, "I wonder if you'll be strong enough." Super MILF looked at him, "I didn't come for a fight, but if it's a fight that you want, then I'm afraid I'll have to oblige."

The man tried to open his hands again, but he noticed that he had no powers in stock, but he didn't care, he swung a fist at Super MILF who dodged it easily. Super MILF followed up with a kick of her own while she was in the air, but the man dodged it easily, catching her leg and using her lack of friction to throw her. He took off his shades and looked at her with deep green eyes, "I'm going to enjoy this fight." Super MILF flew at him and tried to tackle him, but the man moved out of the way just in time. He waved his hand and found that he had caused Super MILF to hit the ground, "Interesting." Super MILF shook her head as she stood up and the man walked over towards her to attack her, however the Lupine interfered by punching him in the head.

The man reeled back from the punch and looked at the Lupine, "You! Don't interfere, civilian! This is between the Superhero and myself!" Super MILF spoke up, "I agree." The Lupine didn't care and waved his hand, nearby earth rose up and slammed into the man as a fist, knocking him back into a tree. The man knew that he wouldn't be able to win like this, and recognized why he couldn't copy the Lupine's powers, they were magical in nature. The man stood up and beat a retreat, "I'll be back to finish this fight sometime soon!" The Lupine started running, but Super MILF put her hand on his shoulder, "He didn't hurt any civilians, not to mention, we got to get you to headquarters, we can't have an alien running around on the loose." The Lupine nodded slightly with a sigh, "Alright."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#11 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 10

Joseph awoke on the couch to the smell of pancakes being cooked, and his stomach growled slightly as Park spoke up, "You overslept, rough night?" Joseph nodded, "Extremely so. Mr. Seong doesn't make pancakes unless there is a special occasion, what's going on?" A rather portly man walked in, "Joseph, glad for you to join us, or should I call you Lightning?" Joseph yawned and stretched slightly, "Just call me Joseph." Mr. Seong nodded, "Well your breakfast is going to get cold if you don't come to the kitchen." Joseph nodded slightly and went to stand up when he heard the radio switch from music to a news report, "Attention, this is breaking news. The Supervillain Fireblade was found dead early this morning by authorities."

Joseph got a bad feeling and felt his heart start to race, "Naw, please..." The radio continued, "The man was killed by what seemed to be cold burns inside of him created by flames of some sort." Joseph suddenly found himself breaking out into a cold sweat, his mind started to race, "It can't be. He wouldn't..." The radio continued, "Super MILF describes her attacker as being six feet, two inches tall, rather muscular with black hair and green eyes. Wearing a denim jacket, combat boots and camo pants. In addition, he was able to ground her in mid flight." Joseph felt his heart sink into his chest as he watched the face of Mr. Seong twist into that of Rain, he heard Rain's voice speak, "You got me killed Lightning, you were the cause of my death!" Joseph started crying, "Regan! I'm sorry!"

Joseph turned to Park and saw the face morph into Snow's face, the two of them screaming about how he had got them killed. Joseph broke down and started crying, the memories were too painful for him and they were flooding back. Especially about how his own powers were what had killed Snow. A needle entered his arm and Joseph's mind started clearing up, Mr. Seong sighed, "I was afraid that this might happen." Park nodded, "I've seen this before, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder." Joseph pulled out his phone and started dialing, Park reached for the phone and Joseph gave him a stern look, electricity crackling in his free hand, "I have to warn him!" Mr. Seong sighed, "I've never seen you so hostile, Joseph." Joseph placed the phone to his ear as he got a dial tone, the phone rang several times, and suddenly Ben picked up.

Joseph sighed, "Ben, Inverse is in Columbus." Ben spoke up, "Are you sure about this?" Joseph looked out of the window as he walked over to it, "Benjamin, I've been fightin him for six years. I know what he looks like, turn on the news, ask Super MILF. I don't think I need to tell ya this, but he's dangerous, his super power is to copy an inverse of yer own." Ben's voice spoke up, "I know all about Inverse, his power is why he's a class-S Supervillain. Lightning, you're not thinking of..." Joseph sighed, "I am. It's too dangerous to let anyone else fight him, I have the experience." Ben sighed over the phone, "Joseph, even peace may be purchased at too high a price." Joseph arched a brow, "I ain't got the foggiest clue what yer talkin about." Ben spoke up, "This peace might be won at the cost of not just your life but the lives of many others."

Joseph sighed, "I gotta go fight him, I gotta stop him before he hurts anyone else." Ben merely spoke solemnly, "A little neglect may breed great mischief, you haven't been maintaining your armor recently, have you?" Joseph knew that he was right, "No sir, I ain't maintained it in over a year now." Ben sighed, "Be careful, Lightning, and do not be afraid to rely on others." Joseph nodded and hung up the phone as Marilyn wheeled into the room, "Dad, Park, Joseph. Good morning." Park looked at her and then at Joseph, "What are you going to do, boy?" Joseph closed his eyes and extended his arm towards his armor, the pieces reacted to his powers and flew towards him, "I ain't got any choice. I gotta fight him." Marilyn grabbed Joseph's arm, "Who are you fighting now?" Joseph looked down at her, "Inverse, and Marilyn, I want you and Spinnerette to stay far away from him."

Marilyn sighed, she knew that she wouldn't be able to convince him to let them come, "Be careful." Joseph nodded, "I'm sorry ya cooked fer nothin, Mr. Seong." Mr. Seong nodded slightly, "Don't think anything of it." Joseph nodded an walked out of the house, he crouched down and took off at super speed. He ran through the streets as he called up the mayor of Columbus, "Come on, come on, pick up!" Suddenly the Mayor answered the phone and Joseph spoke into the phone, "Mayor, ya need to declare a state of emergency, Inverse has entered the city." The mayor spoke up, "Inverse? We don't declare states of emergency for when Dr. Universe and Greta Gravity attack." Joseph stopped, "Listen here, this is different! Inverse is a Class-S supervillain, there's no telling what he'll do." The mayor sighed, "Lightning, even if I was going to, there is no time."

Joseph sighed and hung up the phone in frustration, "Idiot." A familiar voice spoke up, "Politicians, am I right, Lightning. Or should I call you Joseph Elwood." Joseph's heart sank as he knew the voice, "You!" Inverse spoke up, "I see that you remember me. Funny story is that Politics are why I have my powers, you know." Joseph turned around to look at Inverse, "I'll kill you!" Inverse chuckled, "Well that's no way to speak to someone you've known for six years, now is it?" Joseph clenched his fist, electricity sparked from it, and he watched Inverse do the same, "I will avenge Snow and Rain." Inverse smirked, "If I recall correctly, it was you and Tornado who killed them, speaking of which, where is she?" Joseph didn't speak, instead the two of them stared each other down, waiting for the other to make the first move.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#12 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 11

Joseph's hand crackled with electricity as he stared Inverse down, the two of them moved in a circle, awaiting the other's move. Joseph watched as Inverse's hand started to crackle with black electricity and his brow furrowed. A wind blew through and once it died down, Joseph ran to the side and threw a bolt of lightning at his opponent, who intercepted it with his own, Inverse laughed, "You'll have to do better than that Lightning!" Lightning placed his right hand into the air and formed a ball of lightning, throwing it at Inverse, who charged his own arm with electricity and bat it down at the ground, throwing a ball of lightning back. Lightning threw up an electrical barrier and dissipated Inverse's ball lightning. He stopped running to the side and frowned under his helmet.

Lightning looked around and noticed that a motorcycle was nearby, he picked it up and threw it at Inverse, who just casually formed a blade out of electricity and cut it in two. Lightning's jaw dropped as this happened and Inverse smirked, "You could never beat me, Lightning, you're too weak and you rely too heavily on that armor your father made you!" Joseph was shocked to hear that Inverse knew who made his armor, but Inverse continued, "Yes Lightning, I know. I was in the military when your father started work on Project Thunder!" Joseph rushed at Inverse and tried to punch him, but Inverse merely grabbed onto the suit of armor and sent a powerful shock through it and into Joseph. Joseph wasn't prepared for it and a warning sign appeared on his visor.

Joseph started breathing heavily as he slumped into Inverse's hand, Inverse pushed him back, "Now to do what I should've done years ago!" Joseph started limping away and Inverse threw a bolt of lightning at him, Joseph barely dodging it as he continued to flee from the battle. Inverse smirked, "So you still have some fight left in you." Joseph felt a hand on his chest and heard a voice speak in a strange accent, "Balthoron, you take Lightning. I'll deal with Inverse." Balthoron spoke up, "Alright, Dad. Be careful." As Balthoron took Joseph away, the man with the strange accent looked at Inverse, "I guess we're going to fight now." Inverse looked at him, annoyed, "You're no super, why are you wasting my time?"

The man drew his sword and smiled, running his right hand through his hair, "Simple, I'm what you people call a Xeno." Inverse smirked and threw a bolt of electricity at the mysterious xeno and he raised his hand and formed a barrier of light, allowing the electricity to hit it harmlessly. Inverse smirked, "I guess you'll give me some entertainment after all." The xeno smiled, "Good, while I'm at it, you can call me Nazo." Inverse scoffed, "Original, the Japanese word for mystery." Nazo smirked and rushed at Inverse with the sword. Inverse dodged and tried to grab at the sword, but Nazo struck at the arm with his right hand. He watched as Inverse grabbed the arm, but formed a light barrier protecting him from the electrical shock. It wasn't enough to stop the skin from being damaged, revealing bionic components.

Inverse blinked, "You're a robot!?" Nazo smirked as he dropped his right hand and placed the wrist into Inverse's gut, firing a shot, "Cyborg for the moment." Inverse grabbed his gut and started to flee at super speed, allowing Nazo to pick up his hand a twist it back into place. He sighed slightly, "I hope that human is alright." Before he could gather his thoughts, Mecha Maid landed near him, "Where's Lightning?" Nazo looked at her, "Injured, I had Balthoron take him to a hospital of some sort." Mecha Maid gasped, "Hopefully the Superhero hospital! They'll reveal his secret identity to the public if he goes to a regular one." Nazo shrugged, "That's none of my business, Mecha Maid." Mecha Maid looked at him, "You said Balthoron, who are you and how do you know who I am?"

Nazo smirked, "Yoshiro Tayasui Miyamae at your service, Mecha Maid." Mecha Maid gasped, "How did you get clearance to leave the headquarters!?" Yoshiro folded his arms, "I didn't get clearance, I left on my own and pulled Balthoron with me, I wanted to go exploring. We just happened to run into this battle." Mecha Maid folded her arms, "That's a lie." Yoshiro smirked, "Alright, how about we were outside the headquarters to get some fresh air and heard the sounds of combat." Mecha Maid nodded, "Alright, that I'll believe." Yoshiro's communicator beeped and he pulled it out, "Yoshiro here." Balthoron's voice spoke over the communicator, "I got Lightning to the Superhero hospital. They say he's roughed up, but he'll recover."

Yoshiro nodded, "That's good. Balthoron, you did a good job, my son." Balthoron's voice spoke up, "Thanks, Dad. I'm glad that you think so. Anyhow, judging from his wounds, he was shocked something fierce. He's got electrical burns on his body, they'll heal, but he'll have scarring on his chest and neck." Yoshiro nodded slightly, "Sometimes I forget that you want to become a doctor." Balthoron chuckled, "In my time, I did become a doctor. Anyhow, Balthoron out." Yoshiro put away his communicator and looked at Mecha Maid, "You can go visit Lightning if you want, as for me, I think I'm going to go back to the headquarters. See you later." Before Mecha Maid could say anything, Yoshiro bent light around him and disappeared from her sight.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#13 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 12

Spinnerette arrived at the hospital room that Joseph was staying in, she looked at the man who was without his armor for the first time, "Joseph!?" Joseph looked at her and sighed, "Well it were only a matter of time before ya figgered it out." She sighed, "But you're so different at the school." Joseph nodded, "A necessary deception, if I were to act like I normally do, Inverse woulda found me a lot sooner." Balthoron spoke up, "Trust me, I know what you mean, Joseph." Joseph looked at him, "I'm sure ya do, Balthoron." Joseph placed his arm over his chest and winced at the pain, "He got me good, real good this time. But I ain't gonna rest til that man lies dead." Spinnerette sighed, "You're just going to let yourself be consumed by revenge, Joseph?" Joseph nodded, "It's really all that drives me when I see Inverse. Figger that I ain't gonna be able to run anymore, my only real option left is to kill him."

Balthoron stood up, "Revenge is not a path that I will condone, Joseph, it's a path that has destroyed my older brother and caused him to make my life miserable for a while." Joseph looked at him, "Ya don't have to be part of it, Balthoron. Ya can just go back to whatever world yer from." Balthoron sighed and looked out the window, "It's time that you learn a lesson." Balthoron sighed and pulled out his locket, opening it as he did, inside was a picture of him and his wife, "I was once married, we were going to have a child. Then an event that was foretold hundreds of years ago happened. Before we knew what happened, countless ships from outside our galaxy had invaded. Within months, the Menschilche were extinct and within mere DAYS, my planet was taken over by the invaders."

Balthoron looked out the window, "My older brother was staging a guerrilla war from the capitol city of my people, the Kilves. I didn't know this at the time, and sent my pregnant wife ahead to the city, because as someone who was in the military, I'd have a far more difficult time to get through checkpoints and the like, so I'd have to avoid them. I reached a plateau overlooking the city, just in time to watch it be destroyed from space. My sister was crushed to death, my wife... died in such a way that it killed our unborn daughter. I was full of grief and rage and for the first time, took the life of someone else. I swore what you people call the Hippocratic Oath. I swore to help any patient, no matter who or what they were. But when it came time to help myself, to close my wound, I chose to enact revenge and tore my wound open."

Joseph looked at him, "That was some tale there, what other stories ya got?" Balthoron didn't turn away, but closed his locket, "That story was true." Joseph shrugged and winced in pain, "True, false, don't particularly matter to me. Rather borin in here." A voice familiar to Joseph spoke up, "Spinnerette, may I speak to Joseph alone?" Spinnerette nodded, "Of course." The voice spoke up at Balthoron, "Hey, you're not from this world. I'd like to talk to you as well, but right now, can I have some time alone with my son?" Balthoron shrugged and walked out, speaking up as he passed the human, "One thing my father taught me is about the relationship between a father and child. I shall respect your wishes, sir." The man nodded as Balthoron left and closed the door behind him.

Joseph looked at the man, "I haven't seen ya in years. What happened to cause ya to come up here after ma and ya got the divorce finalized?" The man spoke up, "I can't be worried about my own son?" Joseph looked at him, quite angrily, "I don't hear from ya in years, then suddenly when Inverse shows up round here, ya come up and try to make amends. I don't wanna hear it." The man spoke up, "I've been busy, you know that, Joseph." Joseph looked at him, "Daniel, I don't wanna hear it right now." Daniel was hurt that his own son would use his first name, "Then I suppose that you don't want to see what I brought you?" Joseph looked at him, "What?" Daniel held up a hand, I'll be right back." Joseph watched as his father left the room and he turned to look out the window, the clouds were moving rather slowly, but they were white and fluffy.

Soon he got bored and snapped his fingers, causing a bit of electricity to spark from his hand and turn on the TV. He sighed as he noticed what came on, "Coulda been set to any other channel, but this? At least it's better than nothin." Daniel soon walked in carrying a box, "I brought this for you, but right now, you need to spend the rest of the night in the hospital." Joseph sighed, "I know, I've already been informed about that. Pretty sure ma is gonna stay here fer the entire night." Daniel sighed, "Why the hostility? I've supported your super heroism your entire life." Joseph looked at Daniel, "Naw, ya were the reason I AM a super hero. If it weren't fer ya, I'd be a normal civilian." Daniel looked surprised, "How do you know about that?"

Joseph closed his eyes, "In the year 1987, the government decided to see if someone could be born with superpowers. Ya headed Project: Lightning. But ya figgered that ya can oversee the other projects as well. When we weren't born with superpowers, we were deemed a failure. But the parents of the kids weren't about to discard their children. During our teenage years though, our powers awakened. That's when ya decided to start work on project: Thunder, which was an armor suit fer me, or so I thought. After what Inverse did to it, I suspect that it was nothin but an experiment." Daniel sighed, "That armor was designed to protect you, I didn't anticipate Inverse's existence. I've spent the last four years working on this new design for you."

Daniel opened the box and revealed the new armor, "I call it Project: Thundara. Park Seong helped me out on this armor. It's designed to act like a Faraday cage and direct any electricity thrown at you to the ground. And I made this hand cannon for you, so that you can direct your own powers easier towards your enemies. Not to mention the armor was increased to give you greater protection in melee combat and the best of all, it's powered by your powers, so no one can steal it." Joseph sighed, "Thanks, I guess. Ya should head out, Ma will be here at any moment and she would be livid to see ya again." Daniel nodded, "Thank you for listening to me for once, Joseph." Joseph looked away, "I ain't forgiven ya. But ya started to earn it."

Akira110
Literary Artist

#14 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 13

Yoshiro walked into a park and looked around while in his humanoid form, he noticed that everyone was having fun and he wanted to join them, but he was unfamiliar with this human culture. He heard a voice behind him speak, "Not quite human, close enough approximation. I guess we'll have to figure out what you are." Yoshiro looked in the direction of the voice, "You honestly think I'll accept that threat?" The person spoke up again, "Oh, while I would love to dissect you, you're more use to science and I, alive." Yoshiro turned around to see a balding man with pointed red hair and a mustache wearing a labcoat and goggles standing there, "Any move against me, would be the definition of a mistake." He heard a voice speak up, "You might vant to take a better tone with ze doctor." Yoshiro clenched his right hand, the servos in it making a sound as he did, "I don't care who the two of you are. The two of you are harassing me and I would appreciate if you stopped."

The Doctor looked at the other voice, "Greta, try to restrain him if you can. I'll inject anesthesia into him." Yoshiro quick-shifted his ears, allowing him to hear far better than he could before. He dodged the attempt to put him in a grapple and threw his bionic right elbow at the assailant. Though he missed, he also quick-shifted his entire body, his stomach started to growl, because of his heavy caloric use. However, he didn't take his eyes off the doctor, the doctor smiled, "You're a shapeshifter as well! Excellent!" Yoshiro smirked slight as he felt a pair of thick arms start to wrap around him, he grabbed the person by the arm and made sure this time to throw his elbow back, he heard a very loud crack as his elbow connected with bone. Before he could realize what was going on, he heard a third voice speak up, "Dr. Universe, eh? Powerless, but I'll fight Greta Gravity!" Dr. Universe looked at the person, "Greta! Let's go!"

Yoshiro turned to see the other person standing there, he didn't recognize the human, but had a bad feeling about him. The man looked at him and lowered his glasses, "Guess I'm going to fight a furry now. But you lack any superpowers, oh well, guess your superpower is being furry." Yoshiro didn't even enter a defensive stance, but looked at him, unsure about what's going on, "And you are?" The man smiled, "Inverse is my name and I hunt superheroes. You have magic, much like that werewolf I fought. But there's something different about you, you're... psionic." Yoshiro smirked slightly, "So you know the secret. You're right, I'm a psionic void, as long as I don't lower the barrier, I'm invisible to psionics and immune to their powers, but I can't use my magic." Inverse smirked, "Then you fight me." Yoshiro folded his arms, "What if I refuse?" Inverse entered a combat stance, "Then I kill you, here and now, I don't need powers to do so." Yoshiro nodded, "Fine." Yoshiro entered a combat stance, one that was unfamiliar to Inverse, "I accept."

Inverse rushed at Yoshiro and Yoshiro entered a state that Erasmus has taught him to enter, his perception of the world around him slowed down drastically. He watched as Inverse tried to throw a punch, but grabbed that hand and used the momentum to throw Inverse behind him, Inverse looked up, "You're strong, but you will be feeling defeat!" Yoshiro laughed, "Or disappointment, Human, go on, flip that coin." Yoshiro switched fighting stances and as Inverse rushed him again, Yoshiro punched him in the throat, causing Inverse's charge to stop. Yoshiro grabbed the reeling Inverse by the back of the head and pushed him away before dropping his psionic barrier and restoring his perception of time, "It came up on Tails, Inverse." Yoshiro's arms started glowing with light energy. Armor formed around him, with studded gauntlets. Yoshiro rushed at Inverse, who dodged his first punch and he allowed Inverse to kick the armor, "Gonna have to do better than that. Human Soldier."

Yoshiro punched Inverse in the chest, and transferred some of that light energy to controlling Inverse's arms with shackles as he continued punching, "Come on, Inverse. Block! Dodge! You threatened my life, now you can't win against me. Yield! Surrender!" Inverse winced, "I yield." Yoshiro stopped the assault and restored his armor, "Don't fight enemies that you don't know how to fight." Inverse stood up and started to run away and Yoshiro watched as people started to gather around him, "Hey, this new superhero defeated Inverse!" "He must be quite powerful!" "Hooray for Foxman!" "Was that magic that I saw!" "Look at his arm!" Yoshiro looked around at all of the people who had gathered around him and looked extremely nervous, he didn't like what was going on. Yoshiro backed away, "I am no hero, I'm just a soldier." The people continued to shower him with praise and Yoshiro bent light around him, he already started to feel exhausted from his use of magic, but it was making things worse.

Yoshiro fled from the area and back towards the headquarters, but he ran into a woman, who fell to the ground. Yoshiro stopped and revealed himself, the woman looked up at him, "You're Yoshiro." Yoshiro nodded slightly, "I am." The woman looked at him, "You did what my friends and I couldn't do on our own, defeat Inverse, but you did it singlehandedly." Yoshiro nodded, "He didn't have his powers there, it was Goodale park." The woman nodded, "A null zone. Look, I'm going to go talk to Joseph, when I'm done, let's go hunt Inverse down." Yoshiro walked away, "I'm going to have to decline." The woman looked at him, "What is your price?" Yoshiro turned around, "You couldn't afford it, you would never be able to afford it. I apologize, human." Yoshiro continued to walk away from her and the woman shrugged slightly, as she went to the hospital.