To Far Away Memories

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

To Far Away Memories

#1 Post by Akira110 »

Disclaimer: Balance in Ruin hasn't been canceled, but the update schedule will be altered to allow me more time to work on it, this story as said is non-canon within the title.

Prologue

295 Years After the Galactic War

Balthoron sat around watching Bruno and Erasmus train a new group of monks, he always enjoyed spending time off base and with his old friends from the Galactic War. Erasmus sighed, "Hey, Balthoron, you sure you don't want to come down from there?" Balthoron shook his head and bit into the star apple he was carrying, he chewed it and swallowed before responding to the silver Dragon, "I'm fine." Erasmus shrugged, "Suit yourself." One of Bruno's students looked up at him, "You don't ever come over here to teach us anything, why are you even ever over here?" Balthoron took off his jacket and slid off the roof of the temple, landing on his feet, the implants in his legs absorbing the shock, "You want to learn a lesson, child?"

The student nodded and Bruno sighed, "Hey! Don't pick a fight with Balthoron." Balthoron shook his head and assumed a fighting stance, "Nah, let him. He could stand to learn a lesson in humility." Bruno sighed, "You'll kill him, Balthoron..." Balthoron shook his head, "Nah, I don't need to use my all against this kid." The monk walked over and assumed a fighting stance, the two of them walked in a circle, until Balthoron remembered that he still had an apple in one hand. Balthoron threw the apple into the air and rushed the monk, ducking below the monk's punch and grabbing him by the chest and using his own momentum to flip the monk over his back before watching the apple land on the monk, "I'm a merc, kid. You don't want to start a fight with me."

Balthoron picked up the apple and resumed eating it as the monk got back up, "Where'd you learn how to do that?" Balthoron stopped eating for a second, "Grandpa taught me that move, Dad never really used it." The monk nodded, "So you're a mercenary, huh? I didn't really know that, can you teach me some things?" Balthoron looked at Bruno and then back the monk, "Do you know what a mercenary does!?" The monk nodded, "You fight the bad guys right?" Balthoron looked at Bruno, "Where the hell did you pick this guy up from!?" Bruno sighed, "He was sort of left at my monastery's front door as a baby. He hasn't quite gotten out very much." Balthoron blinked, "Even so, this guy is about as dense as a neutron star!"

The Monk glared at him and Bruno sighed slightly, "There's no need to be abrasive, you know." Balthoron nodded, "True." He turned to the monk, "Mercenaries kill people, we're hired to kill people in war." The Monk blinked, "So you've killed people?" Balthoron nodded slightly, "...Yeah, sadly for me, it's easy to take the life of another. I kind of wish I could speak to my dad about it." Bruno nodded slightly, "Yeah, but Yoshiro's dead and there's nothing that will change that." Erasmus nodded, "You could use some monk training, yourself, Balthoron." Balthoron shook his head, "No, not really. I just need to stop fighting in war, but there's nothing that anchors me into a civilian life, all that I have for me is a life in the military." Erasmus nodded, "Your father wasn't that way, you know, you could still escape."

Balthoron shook his head, "No, my family's in the military, I mean I still see my mom from time to time, but Uncle Lathron's my parental figure these days. But, you know, there are some days that I wish I could've sparred with my Dad. Like actually sparred with him." A voice spoke up, "I can help you do that?" Balthoron looked to see a ram anthro that was roughly eight feet tall standing there, "Who are you and aren't you abnormally tall for a Widder?" The Widder looked at him, "My name is Kaspar, but the Mofeta call me Gaspar. I'm the deity of time and space around these parts." Balthoron nodded, "That doesn't answer the second question." Kaspar sighed, "Balthoron, though most races live in their averages, there are outliers, I am one of them." Balthoron nodded, "So how will you help me?"

Kaspar smiled, "Simple, I'm running a tournament outside normal space-time, bringing fighters from all over in this era and your father's era. Humans, Neanderthals, Verbanans, Eltiranans, even Dragons and Thraxi. Though no one from your father's era will have any knowledge of the events that happened during it, gotta prevent those pesky paradoxes, you know." Balthoron nodded slightly, "Alright, this sounds like fun to me, but you said that my father is part of the tournament, right?" Kaspar shook his head, "He's one of the spectators, but if you asked nicely, he'll be willing to spar with you between your matches." Balthoron nodded a bit, "That's good to hear, so, who else is part of it?"

Kaspar smiled, "Rogelio Sanez Lorca, Kauko Aaltonen, Linda Murray, Tariq Crawford, Killian and Walthari Jaeger, Tsuyoshi Miaymae, Akira Miyamae, Silvio Espina Mata and several others." Balthoron nodded, "Alright, sounds like a plan, I'll join." Kaspar nodded, "Excellent." Balthoron looked at Bruno and Erasmus, "Want to come with?" Bruno nodded, "Sure, been a while since I participated at a tournament." Bruno looked at Erasmus, "Master Erasmus?" Erasmus nodded, "Why not, so long as the students can spectate." Kaspar nodded and waved his hand, suddenly they all found themselves in a strange realm, Balthoron, Erasmus and Bruno were standing in a ring alongside many others from what was called the Era After the Galactic War.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: To Far Away Memories

#2 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 1

A masked Kitsune wearing a cloak looked around at his new surroundings, he had arrived with Killian, but he didn't recognize the people on the other side of the ring or what a galactic war was. He looked around and recognized several faces from his side, pretty much all of them really, and was surprised that most of them were alive as he was sure that they were all dead, except for Killian. Before he could speak, a tournament official walked into the middle of the ring, "Hello, I'm here to tell you about the tournament that you've all agreed to." The official snapped his fingers and a screen of light appeared, "Since there are only twenty-two of you, we had the change the brackets up slightly. At the end of the introduction, you are all going to draw numbers, those numbers will determine if you will fight in the first round and if you do, who you will fight in the first round."

The official snapped his fingers again and a new image appeared, "This tournament ring works off of terrain generation magic, since this is an inherently magical realm, we can generate terrain including the climate and weather found in said terrain. Anything from a barren wasteland to an ocean, this is possible." The official snapped his fingers again and a new image appeared, "Extremely powerful magical barriers will be protecting the spectators from any attacks made by the combatants. Yes, Magic and weapons are permitted in the tournament, however because of the nature of this realm, they have been rendered non-lethal. Shoot your opponent or strike them however much you want, it will only render them closer to a knock out. Speaking of which..."

The official pointed to a board, "When two combatants enter the ring for an official match, the ring will scan them as it generates the terrain, the stamina of the combatants will be shown there. However draining your opponent's stamina isn't the only way to win, you can win by your opponent landing outside of the ring. And since two of you can fly, if your feet fall below the floor of the ring while you're outside of it, it will be counted as a loss, so watch out for that. You can also win by forcing your opponent to submit." The official smiled, "If you lose, do not worry, you will still be allowed in the fighter's area, but you will not be allowed to take place in scheduled fights, you can still request exhibition matches if you want, but you must do so before the fights are scheduled that morning."

The official snapped his fingers and the image changed, again, "There are very few things barred in this tournament, and using psionics or anything else to control your opponent are one of them. Another thing is deliberately trying to kill your opponents. The third and final thing is deliberately attacking the referee, hitting them by accident in the heat of battle because your opponent is in their direction is one thing, turning around and attacking them is illegal and will instantly disqualify you. Unlike a loss a disqualification will have you forced into the spectator area and you will not be allowed within the fighters' area. Any questions?" One hand came up and Nazo heard a voice that belonged to a Menschilche, "Yeah, how are we going to recuperate between rounds?" The official turned to him, "Seth, we have healing tanks in the fighters' area."

Nazo blinked at the mention of the name Seth, that name seemed familiar to him, but he shook his head slightly before raising his left hand, "Excuse me." The official turned to him, "Yes, Nazo?" Nazo noticed that everyone was looking at him and sighed, "Are all brackets final?" The official nodded slightly, "Yes, sir. All brackets are final, but don't worry, the first fight won't happen until tomorrow. So, it's time to draw your numbers. Why don't you come up first, Nazo?" Nazo walked towards the official who was handed a box, he reached into the box and felt around, grabbing a ball with a number on it, he showed the official the ball, and the official smiled, "Delightful! You got one! That means that not only do you fight in the first round tomorrow, but you and your eventual opponent are the first fight, hopefully you'll be a tough act to follow."

Nazo grumbled as he took the ball with him and a red headed human woman walked past him, Nazo heard the official speak, "Twenty-two! That means that you're Nazo's opponent!" Nazo turned around and blinked slightly in disbelief that his first opponent was a human, but he didn't really pay much thought to it. He waited for the others to get their numbers and gravitated towards the Menschilche brothers, who had gotten different opponents, Noah even fighting the winner between Balthoron and Rogelio, with Seth fighting Walthari. Nazo looked at Seth and memories came flooding back into his mind and Seth looked at him, "Are you alright?" Nazo nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. I remember you though, from the Kani kingdom. Yoshiro told me about you and well, I only met you once, but I guess our meeting hasn't happened yet for you."

Seth extended his hand, "It's happening now, I'm Seth Steponovik. This is my brother Noah. We chose these names for ourselves to distance ourselves from our heritage." Nazo nodded slightly, "I know." Seth smiled, "So how is my friend doing?" Nazo sighed, "You can ask him yourself, he's one of the spectators, but he chose for me to come here and represent the Raptors." Seth tilted his head, "Raptors?" Noah blinked, "I'm unfamiliar with such a concept." Nazo sighed slightly, "It's after both of your time, it's a mercenary group formed by Yoshiro, though we call him Colonel Miyamae to annoy him sometimes. Anyhow, it was good meeting both of you." Seth nodded and Nazo shook his hand, "It was good meeting you too, I look forward to your fight tomorrow." Nazo walked off towards the fighters' area, "I look forward to yours as well."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: To Far Away Memories

#3 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 2

The day of the first fight arrived and the tournament official stood in the ring, "Alright everyone, thank you for coming. Before lunch, there will be three fights first up is Nazo vs Linda!" The mysterious masked Kitsune stepped into the ring and took off his cloak to reveal that he was wearing a business suit. The red haired human marine stepped into the ring on the other side and the official nodded, "So you both are familiar with the rules, correct?" Linda spoke up, "Yes, I am." Nazo merely nodded in acknowledgement and the official smiled and snapped his fingers, suddenly the screen showed images going in a roulette. Linda soon found herself in rocky terrain while Nazo found himself very uncomfortable as he had been rolled desert terrain. The official looked at them, "Fight!"

Nazo rushed at Linda in order to get out of the desert and Linda rushed at him, starting to throw punches in his direction that Nazo kept moving out of the way of. Linda grew annoyed at this and threw a kick, which Nazo caught on his right arm, Linda noticed that something didn't feel right when she connected with the arm, "What the..." Nazo himself snapped a kick at her head while she was distracted and the bar below her portrait shrank as she reeled back, "What the hell was that!?" Nazo merely followed up with an attack which Linda was able to dodge and counter, getting Nazo into a grapple. Nazo merely chuckled and bashed his head into Linda's nose and threw her over his shoulder, "You humans are amusing. Unfortunately, I have to end this." Linda grabbed at Nazo's leg and pulled him down to the ground, hurting Nazo and causing his stamina to drain. Nazo shook his head and kicked Linda in the head, which drained her stamina even more.

The two of them got back up and Linda charged at Nazo with a growl and Tariq spoke up, "LInda, no!" As Linda wrapped her arms around Nazo, she started to push him towards the edge of the ring, but he instead spread his legs slightly and used two of the rocks to stop himself and allow him to use Linda's momentum to lift her up and hold her upside down as he fell backwards, slamming her into the floor of the ring, hard and draining the last bit of her stamina, forcing the official to call it a knockout. Nazo got back up and helped Linda to her feet as the official spoke up, "The winner by suplex is Nazo!" Nazo helped Linda out of the ring as the official spoke up, "As for the second fight before lunch break, "Balthoron vs Rogelio!" The official reset the ring as the two combatants walked into the center of the ring.

Balthoron looked at Rogelio, "I remember you now, it's been over a thousand years." Rogelio smiled, "Your father would be proud, Balthoron. Shall we have an honorable fight?" Balthoron chuckled, "Still the same old Rogelio, we shall see." The two of them walked to their side of the arena and the official snapped his fingers, causing the terrain generation to begin. Before Balthoron knew it, his entire side of the arena was covered in water, "How fortuitous." As Balthoron began to undress down to his smallclothes, to allow him to shapeshift for underwater travel and combat, Rogelio got a forested terrain. The official looked at the two of them, "I assume that both of you know the rules, you may begin at any time!"

Balthoron watched as Rogelio slowly advanced from his starting position, halberd at the ready. He knew that Rogelio would be able to get him while he was in the water if the Mofeta thrust the weapon, but he had an idea. He watched though as Rogelio stopped, "I thought we were going to fight honorably." Balthoron spoke up, "Well excuse me, Mofetian knight, I didn't bring a halberd into the ring, now did I?" Rogelio chuckled, "You sound a bit like your father, well then, I guess the only way to do this is to... huh?" Balthoron quickly swam up to the top of the water and leapt out of it, throwing a bolt of electricity at Rogelio's weapon. Rogelio pulled his weapon away and leapt away from the bolt of electricity as Balthoron landed on the ground and looked at him, "Ready when you are."

Rogelio swung the halberd at Balthoron and despite Balthoron's best efforts to avoid it, the spike on the top ran across his flesh and though it hurt, it didn't leave any sort of discernible marking or laceration, "Nice opening move." Balthoron rushed into close the distance and snapped his fingers, "Sorry old friend, you're going to need to sleep." Rogelio smirked and dropped the pole arm, and entering a stance, as Balthoron tried to grab Rogelio with his hand, Rogelio instead grabbed the arm and used the momentum to throw Balthoron to the ground and he put a sword to Balthoron's neck, "Do you yield?" Balthoron smirked and sent electricity coursing through Rogelio, which quickly drained his stamina, "No, but you should've." The official spoke out, "The winner by knock out, is Balthoron!"

Balthoron smiled and helped Rogelio to his feet, "You were pretty good, but you don't have much experience fighting electric mages, do you?" Rogelio shook his head, "No, I do not. Lord Yoshiro told me things about electricity though, you only confirmed them. Can you get my halberd?" Balthoron nodded and grabbed the halberd, walking out of the ring with both of them in tow as the official spoke up, "The last fight is between Bruno and Killian, would the two combatants please enter the ring?" Both Lupines entered the ring and the official smiled, "Alright, you know the rules, the terrain will change..." Bruno found himself surrounded by a mist, while Killian found himself in a grassy plains area, "The battle may begin!"

Bruno walked out of the mist and looked at Killian who was waiting for him, Killian swung his sword at him and Bruno snapped his fingers, a rock rose out of the ground to catch Killian in the chin, forcing the younger lupine to reel back, giving Bruno enough time to close the distance and grab Killian by the waist and pick the younger lupine off the ground. Killian started swinging at Bruno, whose stamina dropped with every hit, but Bruno made it to the edge of the ring and tossed Killian off, who landed outside the ring. The official looked at what happened, "Wow... um... the winner by Ring out is Bruno." Bruno looked at Killian, "I'm sorry, I didn't want to hurt you badly." Killian nodded, "It's fine, though you might want to take some time in the healing tank." The official spoke up, "That's all for the fights for this morning! After lunch we'll have three more!"