Guardian of Earth(MAJOR XCOM Spoilers, Non-Canon)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Guardian of Earth(MAJOR XCOM Spoilers, Non-Canon)

#1 Post by Akira110 »

Disclaimer: This is a story that is based off my crossover between the Original Generation and New Generation in my stories for an XCOM run. Yoshiro, Kauko and Hikari were from the Original Generation and were a Sniper, Heavy and Support Respectively. Balthoron is an assault and then yet to appear Hideo, Linda and James are an Assault, Assault and a MEC trooper respectively. With Hideo taking the role of the XCOM Commander. Since this is my interpretation of how that run ended, this isn't canon to my stories and contains major XCOM Spoilers.

The squad had fought their way through the temple ship, Yoshiro looked around as he brought up the rear, "Anyone else think that it's odd that those creatures kept disappearing every time we shot at them?" Linda, who wore the Dark Blue Psi armor which allowed her to use the Gollop chamber and become the Volunteer, and was the most powerful psionic that the humans had ever produced, turned to look at him, "They're made of psi energy, basically they're ultra real illusions." James looked around nervously, the AI piloted a Black and White MEC-3 Paladin and carried a particle cannon, "I do not think that we have defeated the last of them. Sensors indicate that there is a life form in the next room." Linda nodded as Kauko looked at him, his finger outside the trigger guard of his heavy plasma, "Whatever lies within the next room, we must defeat it in order to stop the threat to humanity."

Balthoron looked at the Red Titan Armor clad Kani, "I concur, Kauko." The Olive Titan Armor clad Kilf looked at his Green Titan Armor clad father, "Dad, you fired the first shot for humanity in this war, right?" Yoshiro nodded as James knelt down and opened a compartment releasing a healing mist on the squad, "I fired the first shot, it doesn't matter who fires the last, we need to stop this threat once and for all." A white Titan Armor clad Transwoman Kitsune sighed as she applied a medikit on Balthoron, "Much like your father, you're extremely reckless, Balthoron." Balthoron nodded to Hikari as he pumped his Alloy Cannon, "Yet my Dad was the only one of us to never spend time in the infirmary, even when he personally led the defense against their assault on our base."

A voice spoke over their comms, "Get in there and put a stop to this threat, we're counting on you." The door opened and a voice spoke up that all of them heard, even Yoshiro despite his psionic immunity, "The New One continues to surge... to prove this was the worthy path, that we were justified in our efforts. This will bring about our redemption and usher in our future..." James spoke up, "I would advise great caution, if this psionic can affect an AI." Linda rushed in, "Caution can wait til after we're done here and we're picking up the pieces!" Balthoron and Kauko followed her into the next room closely with Hikari following them. James turned to look at Yoshiro, who shrugged, "I'm a sniper, it's my job to give distance support and if I'm right, the enemy is going to appear directly across from where I'm standing. Go on in." James nodded and charged after the others, they saw an Ethereal that looked different from the others.

Every one of them heard the Uber Ethereal speak, "Behold the greatest failure... of the Ethereal Ones... We who failed to ascend as they thought we would. We who were cast out. We who were doomed to feed on the Gift of lesser beings... as we sought to uplift them... to prepare them... for what lies ahead." Kauko spoke angrily, "You killed countless [censored] people, all for preparation!" The Uber Ethereal didn't respond, but instead formed four Muton Elites and two Ethereals who turned to the XCOM squad. James looked at Linda who sighed, "James, override Alpha-Six-Nine-Delta-Seven-Three." James nodded, "Awaiting orders." Linda looked at the Uber Ethereal, "Fire on him. He's the one behind this. Everyone else, find cover." As James leveled the Particle cannon, the others ran to cover.

The distinct sound of the Particle cannon firing was heard and the entire ship shook as the Uber Ethereal was hit. The Mutons opened fire on James, their heavy plasma shots initially doing damage to the MEC, but were mitigated by the shield that was emitted around it. Yoshiro turned his sights from the Uber Ethereal as he peeked around the doorway and aimed at one of the Muton Elites, squeezing the trigger twice, one shot hit the Muton square in the chest and the other hit the Muton in the head, killing it instantly. This had the effect of the Mutons turning their attention towards him and Yoshiro ducked behind the wall as the heavy plasma shots splashed harmlessly against the alien Alloy. Hikari threw her last smoke grenade in the middle of the squad, as Kauko grabbed the Blaster Launcher off his back and started programming a flight path into it.

Linda looked at the Muton Elites and closed her eyes, suddenly a psionic storm opened up in the middle of two of them, slowly ripping them apart, "Kauko, now!" Kauko nodded as he stood up, the lone Muton that wasn't being injured turned to look at him and as the Muton started to move the heavy plasma around, Kauko fired the blaster launcher. The Muton squeezed the trigger of the heavy plasma and James knocked Kauko out of the way, taking the shot which finally badly damaged the MEC-3, "I'm not combat capable anymore." The Uber Ethereal spoke, "The New One's kin falls, and our fear grows, as we question the worthiness of our selection..." Balthoron growled as the projectile detonated, killing the remaining Mutons, "That's it! I'm movin at the speed of death!" Balthoron charged through and the two Ethereals tried to enter his mind, but he pushed them back out.

As Balthoron ran up the stairs the Uber Ethereal turned to face him and Balthoron leveled his Alloy Cannon at the creature, "I'm sick of your [censored]!" He squeezed the trigger, sending alloy shards into the body of the Uber Ethereal who flinched. Balthoron ripped off his helmet so that the Uber Ethereal could look into his face as he died, pumping the shotgun with one hand, and grabbing it quickly, firing another round of shards into the creature. The Uber Ethereal started to collapse like all Ethereals did and spoke out, "This is not your path! Not your purpose! You need our guidance to hone this power... without us, what are you?" Balthoron spat at the Uber Ethereal, "Humans forge their own damn destinies, and we Verbanans will be there to help them!" Balthoron rushed towards the others, but the ship started to shake violently, throwing the squad off balance. The entire squad started to run for the doorway, but Linda fell to her knees as images of the ship imploding and destroying the world with it entered her mind.

She stood up and looked towards the device in the center of the room, James and Yoshiro entering the room to check on her and she looked at the others and screamed, "GO!" The psionic shockwave knocked them out of of the room and locked the door behind them. Yoshiro started to pound on the door, "LINDA!" Hikari grabbed him by the arm and yelled, "There's nothing you can do! We have to go now!" Yoshiro nodded slightly and sighed, "Dammit. Let's go!" The squad ran to the Skyranger at their top speed, running to the ship, Bradford's voice speaking over their comms, "What the hell is happening!?" Dr. Vahlen's voice spoke up, "The ship itself is... behaving like a dying star... becoming a black hole! At this distance... the earth with be consumed." The squad sat down on the skyranger and Big Sky looked at them, "Where's the package?" Yoshiro removed his helmet and looked at the pilot, "There's nothing we can do, she's giving her life to save us! GO!"

Big Sky nodded and ran to the cockpit, "I'll wait for a moment!" After a minute, the Skyranger lifted off and started to fly out, "It's too dangerous to stay here guys, I'm sorry!" Yoshiro walked over to Balthoron who looked at James, and Yoshiro noticed the MEC was unmoving, "He transferred himself to her helmet..." Balthoron started crying and Yoshiro sat down next to his son, and hugged him, as Big Sky spoke up, "Central! I'm bugging out! The Package is not on board! I waited as long as I could, sir..." A few seconds later they heard a voice speak over their comms, "Sir, the Alien ship is in motion!" Bradford's voice spoke up, "What direction!" After not getting an answer, Bradford spoke more sternly, "What direction!?" The original voice spoke up, "Up..." Hideo's voice spoke over the comms, "Linda... I love you." Yoshiro and the rest of the squad looked out the window of the skyranger as the ship moved up.

Mere moments later, there was an explosion and they watched as the debris fell to the Earth, though none of them aside from Balthoron knew Linda very well as she kept to herself mostly, they all felt intense sadness at the death of one of their own, who had given up her life, selflessly to save the entire Planet from the Alien threat. Yoshiro recalled fighting the first battle of the war along side her and looked at the medals she once wore on her chest, "She earned all of these, Big Sky, can you open the cargo door, I wish to give her a burial at sea." Big Sky turned to them and put the Skyranger into hover mode, "Go ahead." Balthoron grabbed his father by the arm, "You don't have to do this." Yoshiro nodded slightly, "But I want to, son." Yoshiro watched as the door opened up and he looked at his son, who let go of his arm.

The Kitsune walked to the edge of the door and grabbed the Urban Combat Badge first, "You were given this after we thwarted that alien abduction in Melbourne." He threw it out the back, into the Atlantic Ocean, then looked at the Defender's Medal, "You earned this trying to save that young Private's life as he rushed EXALT forces at their base in China." He tossed that out the back and looked at the International Service Cross, "You earned this from our completing a mission in Asia, Europe and North America." He tossed that out the back, and looked at the Council Medal of Honor, "You earned this shortly after Chilong gave us the transmitters required to steer the battleship off course in Beijing. You also were there when we stormed that battleship all of us did together." He tossed that out of the back and looked at the Star of Terra, "I had to fight tooth and nail so that they'd give this to you, you didn't join the base defense til after one of the base personnel died, but you were integral to defeating the aliens."

As Yoshiro threw it out of the back of the Skyranger, he saluted, "Colonel Linda Murray, you were the bravest Human that I've ever met in my entire life. You showed great honor, valor and courage in the heat of battle and you showed compassion for your allies, even though you kept mostly to yourself at base. You will be missed, but never forgotten, I will ensure that the humans and the Verbanans honor your sacrifice! Here and back in our universe." He turned back towards Big Sky, "Go ahead and close her." He walked back into the skyranger's hold itself as the door closed and sat down next to his son, "Since she exists in your era, can you fulfill my promise for me, I don't want to create any time paradoxes." Balthoron nodded slightly and they had a silent ride all the way back to Germany, Yoshiro sitting next to his son all the way back.

When the Skyranger landed, Central officer Bradford stood there as the ramp opened up, "I heard what happened. Dr. Shen will be willing to send you back to your worlds and back to your appropriate times." Yoshiro nodded and placed his hand on Bradford's shoulder, "It was great seeing the man that my son will grow up to become, Central." Dr. Shen walked over, "If you will all return the gear to us, we will send you back." Everyone in the squad put down their weapons on the floor of the Skyranger and they took off the titan armor, revealing their civilian attire underneath. A portal opened up and Hikari and Kauko walked into it first, Yoshiro placed his hand on Dr. Shen's shoulder, "I owe you a great deal." He turned around, "This is goodbye son, I'll spend some time with you before I go off and die in my own era, I promise you." Balthoron nodded, "I know, Dad. Thanks, and I love you." Yoshiro smiled as he turned to walk into the portal, "I love you too, my son."

Balthoron watched as his father disappeared into the portal and he looked at a devastated Hideo Date, "Your lover was a courageous woman, she'll be remembered for her sacrifice. Remember that though she's gone from us, she will never truly be gone until we forget her. Keep her in your heart, Hideo." Hideo nodded and the portal changed color slightly, "Are you ready to return home?" Balthoron nodded, "This one is calibrated to Terra, not Verbana. Go on, I have one final thing to do." Hideo nodded and walked through the portal as Balthoron turned back, "Before I leave, I see that you humans are fit to learn the truth about something. Time is tangential, there may be a universe in which XCOM failed." Bradford nodded, "Well I'm glad that we succeeded in this universe." The portal changed back to the original color, and Balthoron shook Bradford's hand, "I'm going to get going now. Take care." Bradford nodded and saluted Balthoron as he walked into the portal.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.