Heart of Broken Glass

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: Heart of Broken Glass

#16 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 15

Tsuyoshi walked into his room on the Rapier base, he sighed slightly as he noticed a package on his desk, "Hmph..." He walked over to his bed and took his suit jacket off and took the tie off, before falling into the bed and looking down at the transparent floor to see the water beneath him. He wished that he had gotten to see his mother, but he was more or less not really welcome there anymore. He took off the blindfold and looked at the door, "Lock the door." A voice spoke up, "Affirmative." He heard the click of the door locking and growled as he looked at the package which had the stamp of the Raptors on it. He grabbed it and threw it across the room, "Come to gloat, have you!" Suddenly he heard a muffled voice from the package and walked over to open it. As he opened the package, he saw an image of Balthoron in a wheelchair, sitting next to a bed, with him on it.

"Tsuyoshi, I'm sorry that I tried to kill the both of us, the doctor said that you took the brunt of the force in the fall. You wound up saving my life, but... I couldn't just let you die out there. You're my brother and despite everything that you've done lately, I love you. I looked up to you when I was a kid, and before Hiromi's death, I looked up to you. I was just the medic and you were an ambassador, you did all of the hard work." Tsuyoshi looked at the hologram of Balthoron place his hand on the chest of his own hologram as Balthoron continued to speak, "The doctors haven't told me when you'll come out of the coma, but we've been doing everything we can for you. That's why you're hooked up on all of these machines, big brother, to keep you alive. I've not said this in a long time, but... I need you, big brother..."

The image cut out, but a new one took its place, this one of Balthoron sitting on an adjacent bed, wearing leg casts, "This is the second of my recordings, hopefully someday you'll see these. Brother, I've been thinking about Misaki and Harumi lately and I haven't been able to find them. I've heard rumors though, but nothing more than that. Tsuyoshi, our enmity is why they abandoned us, they don't want to be part of this whole fight between us. I understand that you lost your kid and your eyes to the Thraxi and I personally blinded you a second time and blew off your hand, but until we stop pointing our arms at each other, they're never going to return to us. We'll never be a family again..." The image of Balthoron laid down in the bed and looked over at the image of Tsuyoshi, "We're working on getting you patched up, so you won't have to be on life support."

The image once again cut out and again, a new one took its place, this one of Balthoron standing next to him, "It's been a year, there's not been any change, big brother. We've cloned you new organs and bones, replaced the non-functioning ones in your body, but yet you don't show any signs of coming out of the coma." The image of Balthoron looked down and sighed, "I wish you would wake up, Big Brother." The Image of Balthoron turned, "Medic, we need to figure out how to help Tsuyoshi recover, when he shows some sort of signs of coming out of the coma, we need to ship him to the Rapier base, so that he won't be concerned about what's going on." Tsuyoshi heard the medic speak and Balthoron raised his voice, "This is my Big Brother and I don't want him to be freaking out upon waking up after a year or more, do I make myself clear!?" The medic spoke again and image of Balthoron turned its head towards the image of him, "Sorry about that. Brother, never doubt that I love you."

The image cut out and a much different one took its place, "Hey bro, we're on the way to the Rapier Base. It's been two years, seven months, and fifteen days since that day, but you're finally coming out of it. The medic says that you'll be fully conscious in a few days, so we're getting you to more familiar territory. The Rapiers have known this entire time that we were taking care of you, as I felt I was responsible for your predicament. As much as I wish it wasn't so, I guess we're going to go back to being enemies again. Hiromi wouldn't have wanted this strife between us, Big Bro, she would've wanted us to work out our differences peacefully. I hope that some day, what she would have wanted will come to pass and that we can all be a family once again, but until that day comes, I'm going to ensure the security of the Verbanan peoples as the leader of my own Private Military Force. This is the last message I will be able to record about this, but remember Big Brother. I love you, and I always will."

Tsuyoshi looked into the box and saw a datapad there, he turned it on and saw a message from his brother, "Sorry that I've not gotten around to sending this to you, until recently. I've been busy for the past few decades. I think it's time that you learn the truth about what happened on that day, especially after you had slipped into a coma, when you're ready to find out what happened to me, you know my frequency. Don't hesitate to contact me, big brother. Love, Balthoron Miyamae." Tsuyoshi placed it back in the box and sighed as he sat down against his bed, "Kid... no, Balthoron... I've always assumed that you were a traitor, but did you really save me on that day?" Tsuyoshi heard his door open and turned to see Emiko standing there, "I locked that door." Emiko sighed, "Tsuyoshi, as my great-great grandson, you of all people should know that a locked door isn't going to stop the deity of death."

Tsuyoshi sighed, "Of course not, anyhow, is Balthoron telling the truth?" Emiko nodded, "Yes, all of those logs are genuine. I was there honestly to make sure that neither of you died, because it wasn't your time yet." Tsuyoshi looked at the ceiling, "Tell me, what hope is there for someone evil like myself?" Emiko sighed, "You might have turned to the path of evil, but you haven't really committed any evil acts yet, at least not anything that would get my notice. Ancestors know that if you did, I'd have ended you personally." Tsuyoshi nodded, "I guess Balthoron is right then, I'll call him up." Emiko nodded as Tsuyoshi activated his comm and set it to Balthoron's frequency, "Hey, Balthoron." Balthoron's voice spoke up, "So you got my message?" Tsuyoshi nodded, "Yeah, I did. I want to know what happened that day, Our great-great grandmother is here, so she can confirm what happened." Balthoron nodded, "Alright, it started that day you had arrived on my base...."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: Heart of Broken Glass

#17 Post by Akira110 »

Epilogue: Truth

50 years ago

Tsuyoshi sat on a transport as it headed to the Raptor base, he sighed slightly, "Well Lieutenant, this is it." His second in command nodded slightly, "Going to finally preform a one man assault on the Raptor base?" Tsuyoshi turned his head to look out the window, "Yeah, it's about time I do that. I want Balthoron to kill me, you know. The good brother needs to kill the monster that I've become and no one else will do." His second in command sighed, "Are you sure that you want to do this, sir?" Tsuyoshi nodded and pulled the door open, "Head on back to the base, I'll be back in a box." Tsuyoshi hopped out of the transport and landed on the deck of the Raptors' base, he looked around through his blindfold, "Where is Balthoron!"

One of the soldiers looked at him, "You're not allowed to be here! Get off of our base!" Tsuyoshi growled, "I've come to see my brother, you can either show me to him or I can kill my way to him!" The soldier raised his rifle at him, "Get on the ground!" Tsuyoshi sighed and snapped his fingers, the air around the soldier's rifle froze solid forcing the soldier to drop it and back away, "What the [censored]!?" Tsuyoshi smiled, "Magic, dear child. That's something you've never learned in basic training, now go get my damn brother!" Tsuyoshi heard Lathron's voice, "What are you doing, trying to cause trouble here?" Tsuyoshi sighed, "I wish only to speak to my little brother, either you can get him, Uncle, or I can go and start up some actual trouble."

Lathron sighed and hit his communicator, "Balthoron." Before he could say anything else, the alarm sounded and Tsuyoshi growled as soldiers poured in and pointed their weapons at him. As he started to prepare to freeze the air around the guns, he saw someone pushing through the crowd and placing their hands on the guns of the soldiers, "What's going on now... Tsuyoshi! You know that you are not allowed on the base of any other PMF, especially not this particular one!" Tsuyoshi nodded, "It's time we fight once again, Balthoron." Balthoron sighed, "Fine, but since you've invaded my territory, one of us are going to be dying here." Tsuyoshi smirked, "That's the plan little brother." Tsuyoshi rushed at Balthoron who stepped out of the way and turned around as he ran into the soldiers who pushed him back.

Balthoron entered a defensive stance and motioned towards Tsuyoshi, who rushed Balthoron again, this time leading with a punch with the bionic fist. Balthoron moved away at the last second, but the fist managed to brush across his face. Balthoron noticed as Tsuyoshi ran past and kicked him in the back, forcing his older brother to stumble close to the edge. Balthoron got an idea and slowly couched down. As Tsuyoshi turned, Balthoron's right hand started to spark with electricity and he allowed Tsuyoshi to rush him again, this time he rushed at Tsuyoshi, the both of them colliding in the center, Balthoron placing his hand on Tsuyoshi's leg, interrupting the electrical signals and causing it to spasm, giving him the advantage and allowing him to push his older brother towards the edge.

Tsuyoshi tried to stop this from happening, Balthoron rushed the two of them over the edge and they started free falling towards the water. Balthoron having his hand on Tsuyoshi's shirt, punching his older brother in the face, "At least this way the world won't have to worry about the Miyamae boys!" Tsuyoshi gasped, "So you intend to kill yourself as well!?" Balthoron smirked and positioned himself on Tsuyoshi's chest, wrapping his legs around the elder Kitsune as he started punching him in the face repeatedly, "I'm tired of you, I'm tired of your [censored], I'm tired of your constant attempts to kill me. This is getting old, so I'm taking the both of us out." Tsuyoshi smiled slightly, and spat blood in Balthoron's face, "Good, then we both go together!" Tsuyoshi grabbed Balthoron's legs just before the two of them slammed into the water.

Incredible pain shot through Balthoron and he felt darkness eating away at his vision, but something inside of him wouldn't allow him to let go. The ice cold waters of the arctic was starting to numb the pain, but when he looked at Tsuyoshi, he noticed his elder brother was still breathing, "Seventy-six meters and we're both still alive, albeit, you're unconscious..." Balthoron heard a hatch open behind him and two people came out of it, one of them looked at him, "Balthoron, sir! We've come to see if you're alright, do you need a rescue, sir?" Balthoron looked at them, then back at Tsuyoshi, who he was barely holding onto as he tread water, "Take him to a stasis pod so that we can save his life. Something kept us alive for a reason and if I find out that he's dead, I will come and kill you myself, is that clear." The two of them nodded and recovered Tsuyoshi's body, Balthoron watched as the hatch closed and sighed as he looked up to see the shape of Emiko on the deck.

Balthoron chuckled, "So you prevented us from dying. Oh well... I don't have enough energy to tread water anymore." Balthoron slipped into the water and took off his shirt, allowing his gills to have room to respirate, as he sank into the freezing cold water, his body slowly becoming colder, he sighed as he looked at his legs and thought, 'Broken, I hope they find me soon, I don't have the energy to continue going on or move much...' Balthoron watched as he slowly sank and his vision became more and more filled with darkness, he started to resign himself to his fate, having sacrificed himself to save his older brother after he nearly killed him. As Balthoron closed his eyes to sleep the eternal slumber, he felt a hand grab at his hand and heard a voice, "Balthoron, sir. We're here to rescue you."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.