Beginnings in a New Era

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: A New Beginning

#16 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 15

Xander sat in a chair within the college, what looked to be an Arctic Kilf was teaching the class, though he wasn't paying much attention as per usual. The teacher looked at him, "Xander, can you tell me when the final battle of the first war for Verbana's liberation took place?" Xander looked up at her, "Ten years before the legendary hero, Yoshiro was born." The Kilf looked at him, "When my great-grandfather was born has nothing to do with this. I asked how many years ago from today it happened." Xander stood up, "Fine, Alvina, if that's how you want to play, the final battle for the first war of Verbanan Liberation happened two thousand one hundred and fifteen years ago, we use that final battle as a reckoning for our calendar. Any idiot could answer that question by looking at a damn calendar!" Alvina frowned and folded her arms, "Then tell me, who was the commander of the Kitsune forces which went on to become known as the greatest soldier of Kitsune history?"

Xander knew the answer to this question as well, but he smiled slightly, "Why don't we let his family speak for him, shall we Aiko?" Aiko didn't stand up, "You were asked the question, not me, do not try to pin the responsibility of answering it on me." Xander sighed, "Mamoru Misawa." Alvina smiled slightly, "It was my great-great Grandfather, Akira Miyamae that was the commander of the Kitsune forces." Xander sighed, "That's not what I was taught." Before Alvina could speak up, Xander's communicator chimed and he held it up to his ear, Alvina frowning, "I told you to turn those off in class and in your case, put it on vibrate." Xander pressed the button as he walked out of the room, "Yes, chief?" The voice of the chief of the security forces spoke up on the other end, "Xander, come down to the station, I would like to see you."

Xander held back a sigh, "Yes, sir." He poked his head back in the room, "Aiko, since I'm probably not going to be back in time, can you take my stuff back to the apartment." Aiko sighed, "Sure, I guess." Xander nodded, "Good to hear it." He closed the door and walked down the hall way, but Yoshiko looked at him, "Where are you going?" Xander held up his communicator, "The chief wants to see me. Education is nice and all, but I need to do my job." Julius sighed, "At least you're finally doing something decent for a change." Xander shrugged at Julius as he left the building and started to walk down the sidewalk, towards the security forces station. He was admittedly a little worried that the chief had called him to his office personally, but he didn't let that show as he kept walking.

It didn't take him long to reach the station and he walked in, a receptionist looking up at him, "Hello Xander, the chief is expecting you." Xander nodded, "I know, he called me." Xander walked through the hallway and up a flight of stairs, passing a couple of officers on the way. He walked through another hall and passed a Lieutenant who looked at him, "Hello Xander, the chief is in his office." Xander nodded, "I'm aware, sir." Xander walked up to the police chief's office door and sighed slightly as a secretary looked at him, "I'll buzz you in, Xander." She pressed a button, "Sir, Xander is here to see you." The chief's voice spoke up, "Let him in." The secretary looked at him, "You can go in, Xander."

Xander sighed as he opened the door to see the chief of the security forces, it was a Lupine that looked a lot like the legendary hero, Walthari. Also in the room was Brian, who he had helped a week ago. The Lupine looked at him and motioned towards him, Xander walking into the room and closing the door behind him, "Hello, sir." The Lupine nodded, "You are aware of why I called you here?" Xander shook his head, "I assume it is to reprimand me on my conduct a week ago and tell me that if I don't get my [censored] together that you're going to have me thrown out of the force, before I ever have the chance to become an officer." The Lupine shook his head, "Did you know that my great-grandfather and grandfather were a lot like you, even my mother was."

Xander blinked, "Who is your great-grandfather?" The chief chuckled and leaned forth, "Walthari Jaeger, I get told that I look a lot like him. But, I digress, you were called here because Brian here has given me a full report on what happened last week. I have to say that if it wasn't for his recommendation, you wouldn't be here right now." Xander blinked, "But I thought that detectives aren't very high in the hierarchy of the security forces." The chief nodded, "That's true, but Brian has always been known for his eye for detail, so I defer to his judgement on this one." Brian shrugged, "I was known as one of the best detectives on Terra, when I transferred to Verbana after my father passed away, I immediately started to work for any police or security force I could. It's what I'm good at and it's what I enjoy doing."

The chief nodded, "At any rate, your uniform is waiting for you in your locker, Xander. As is your weapon. However, I believe that I should give this to you myself." The chief reached into his drawer and pulled out an object that Xander recognized, the chief placed it on the table and Xander reached for it, seeing that it had his name and serial number on it, "You mean that..." The chief nodded, "You are a full fledged officer, if you want, you can start your first beat patrol today." Xander nodded, "That would be good, sir. I'll go get changed into my uniform and hit the streets." The chief chuckled, "It's good to see young officers like yourself eager to actually do your jobs. But Xander, remember, we're here to serve and protect the people." Xander nodded as he stood up, "Understood, sir!"
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#17 Post by Akira110 »

Chapter 16

Aiko sighed as she opened the door to her apartment, and was surprised to see Julius standing there, "J-Julius!?" Julius looked at her and smiled, "I wondered when you would get here, Aiko. I was sent by your parents to come and get you, they say that they have a surprise waiting for you." Aiko nodded and threw Xander's stuff into his room and went into her room to place her things down, before coming out to see Julius, "Alright, I'm ready to go, Julius." Julius nodded and motioned towards the door, "It's impolite to not allow a lady to go first." Aiko scoffed, "Just because I'm female doesn't mean that you have to be chivalrous with me, Julius." Julius laughed, "I apologize, you spend enough time around Rogelio Sanez Lorca and you pick up on his habits." Aiko left the apartment with Julius close behind her, but curiosity started to take hold.

Julius noticed this as they started walking along the street, "Tell me what's on your mind, Aiko." Aiko sighed, "Julius, I can trust you, right?" Julius nodded, "There's no reason you cannot." Aiko stopped, causing Julius to stop, "Yes, Aiko?" Aiko walked up to him and whispered in his ear, "Ever since my sister revealed that I'm the reincarnation of Yoshiro Miyamae, I've been trying to find anything I can about his life and his friends." Julius nodded and whispered back, "Kimiko told Yoshiko, Klaartje, Erasmus and I about the fact that you're the reincarnation of Yoshiro. Remember what I told you back at the school? We'll talk more about it when we get you to the Sun Temple." Aiko nodded and followed Julius to the sun temple itself. When the two of them were inside, Julius led her to the main hall.

Aiko noticed everyone standing there, her mother standing at the far end of the hall, "My daughter, please come forth." Aiko walked forward, she understood what this meant, she had seen this ceremony before multiple times, "So I guess it's time, mother?" Amaterasu nodded slightly with a smile, "Yes, my daughter. But, after this ceremony is done, I want to talk to you and Julius alone." Aiko nodded and Julius walked forward beside her, Amaterasu looking at him, "Julius, you're not a member of the Kensei." Julius nodded, "I know, but I have a request, since the rest of my family left, may I be an honorary member of your family." Kimiko spoke up, "Julius, you were Yoshiro's brother, you've been part of our family for the longest time." Julius nodded, "Then I will accompany my aunt in the ceremony if that's fine."

Aiko sighed, but let it go as she stood in front of her mother, who presented her with her own sword. Amaterasu smiled, "Unsheath it." Aiko drew the blade from the scabbard and noticed that it was made of ilma metalli, "But, this is..." Julius recognized the work, "Your mother had Mareike make that blade, she's the Lupine Deity of the Forge!" Amaterasu giggled, "Nothing escapes your eye, does it, Julius?" Aiko sheathed the sword and placed it on her belt, he looked down to try to hide the tears, but Amaterasu frowned, "Honey, what's wrong." Aiko hugged her mother, and buried her head in her mother's shoulder, tears flowing into it, "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." Amaterasu nodded and hugged Aiko, "You're a full fledged Kensei initiate now, sweetie. Now, Julius, will you come with me to Aiko's room."

Amaterasu, Aiko and Julius walked to Aiko's room, and Julius closed the door as Aiko sat down on her bed, "Yes, mother, what is it?" Amaterasu sighed, "I'm sorry for misleading you, you know that I love you and it never felt right to lie to you." Aiko became slightly scared, but Amaterasu continued, "From the moment you were born, Kimiko told me that you were the reincarnation of my grandson. I vowed from that day to ensure that you live a life that doesn't have to deal with war. But, you're a grown woman and you can make your own decisions, but, in twenty or so years, you're going to have your own awakening and well, I would like Yoshiko to be the one to teach you magic. I have a feeling that like her, you'll have fire magic, and that would make her the best Kitsune teacher." Aiko nodded slightly, "Do I have to go now?"

Julius laughed, "Yoshiko is more than willing to teach you around here. You don't have to worry about that." Amaterasu smiled, "That she is, you can learn in the comfort of your home, your apartment or anywhere you choose. Just remember, though she's an archmage, she is elderly. She's stubborn though and manages to keep up with the others of her generation. She makes me proud to be her grandmother, but sometimes I wish she would take it easy. Anyhow, Julius will pull double duty for the both of you. He'll protect her, but meanwhile, he'll be your mentor, any questions you have about your previous life, Julius is the one to go to for answers, he knew Yoshiro better than any of us."

Julius smiled slightly, "It's true, I'm here to teach you, Aiko. If you want to learn anything about him, you need to only ask me. However, when Yoshiko passes away, my promise will regard you and only you. Do you accept that?" Aiko looked at him, "What's your promise entail?" Julius folded his arms, "That there is no change from my side, I will work alongside you and be a partner to you. If you need to go somewhere quickly, I will let you fly on my back. If you need a dragon to protect you, I'm that dragon." Aiko nodded, "So long as you're not overbearing, I like having my independence." Julius chuckled, "I never jumped in unless his life was in danger, which considering he was in a lot of fights, that was nearly all the time. You have nothing to worry about, so long as you lead a peaceful life." Aiko looked out the window and saw the suns begin to set, "That's good to hear then." Julius smiled, "They say that reincarnation is a new beginning, it's good to see that you chose to be your own person." Aiko smiled, "Of course."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#18 Post by Akira110 »

Epilogue

A blue haired kilf walked up to the gate of the Kitsune castle, he wore his usual formal attire of a brown suit with a olive undershirt and a yellow tie. His purple eyes gazed at the guards, "I'm here to see the king." One of the guards looked at him and shook his head, "You're not authorized to enter the castle right now." The kilf pulled out his ID and handed it to the guard, the guard looked at it, "You're the King's ancestor. I apologize, sir!" The Kilf was handed his ID back and he placed it back into his suit pocket, "Thank you." He walked through the gate and down the stone path, he felt a little uneasy as he hadn't stepped foot in the castle to see any member of his family since his aunt Reiko died. He looked at one of his gloved hands and sighed, a female speaking up, "Sir, can I help you?"

The Kilf looked at a Kitsune Maid, "Not really, unless the throne room has changed position in the last five hundred years." The Kitsune bowed, "It has not, sir. Would you like me to take you there?" The kilf sighed slightly, "No, thank you." The Kitsune frowned, "You're being rude by sighing, why are you doing that?" The Kilf placed a gloved hand on his locket, opening it up and looking at the picture of his wife, "You remind me of my late wife... I'm sorry. I have to go now, I've got important business to attend to." The maid started to protest, but the Kilf walked into the castle itself and hurried up the stairs, closing the locket as he did so. When he came to the double doors, he hesitated for a moment, he had no idea what the new king of the kitsune was like, just that he was one of his descendants through his aunt Reiko.

The Kilf pushed open the doors and the Kitsune on the throne looked at him, "I'm sorry, but right now we're busy preparing for the festival, no citizens are allowed." The Kilf smirked slightly, "I'm not a Kitsune Citizen, I've given up my Kilvish citizenship as well." The Kitsune King stood up, "You... Tsuyoshi?" The Kilf walked forward, "Tsuyoshi's hair is as red as the blood he wishes to spill in revenge, your highness." The king breathed a sigh of relief, "Why don't you tell me who you are then?" The kilf laughed and continued walking forward, "Your might recognize the hawk insignia on my sleeve, I'm the leader of the Raptors, I'm your distant ancestor, Balthoron Miyamae." The King blinked, "Balthoron!?"

Balthoron folded his arms, "So, is this the point where I find out that you were told horror stories about me and you're going to have your guards come in and arrest me?" The King shook his head, "No, by the way, if you wish, you can call me Katashi." Balthoron nodded slightly, "My informant has told me that the legendary heroes have been reborn." Katashi nodded, "I don't know who, but our ancestor, Kimiko has informed me of this as well." Balthoron smiled, "That's good, so, what do you plan on doing when you find the legendary heroes?" Katashi shrugged, "Honestly, I heard stories of what they were capable of doing, and I heard a rumor that there's something buried underneath the city that only their reincarnations can open up."

Balthoron nodded, "The Crypt of Heroes, it's where my sister is buried." Katashi stood up, "Which sister?" Balthoron sighed, "Hiromi's remains are stored there, I figured she would like to be near Dad, even in death." Katashi nodded and motioned towards the garden, "Will you walk with me?" Balthoron nodded and followed Katashi as he walked, "This castle seems empty without Aunt Reiko, Grandfather, Grandmother, Uncle Killian or Uncle Tatsuya." Katashi nodded, "Time marches on and stops for no one. We're all going to have to deal with such things some day, some longer than others." Balthoron closed his eyes, "I'm aware. By the way, do you know why I've come here?" Katashi shook his head, "I'm completely unaware of it."

Balthoron leaned against the wall with a frown on his face, "You're in contact with the Thraxi, you're the only royal that I'm close to that is such." Katashi turned around, "So, what do you plan on doing with that information?" Balthoron shrugged, "Figure out what your relationship with them is, then see if the one that ordered the attack on the Kilvish capitol city is still alive." Katashi frowned, "What do you plan on doing with that kind of information." Balthoron looked away, he didn't know the answer to that question, part of him still resented what they did to his wife and his sister, but part of him also knew that they would want him to forgive and to let the peace continue. Katashi shook his head, "Balthoron, are you going to answer my question?" Balthoron looked at his hand, which closed into a fist, "I don't have the answer to that question..."

Katashi smiled, "At least you're honest, Balthoron. The question is, what about your older brother, what about Tsuyoshi?" Balthoron nodded, "He will be a problem, ever since his son died and he lost his sight, he has been driven by revenge. He wants to kill all of the Thraxi for what one did to him, or at least as many as he can before they can kill him. Honestly the only thing that stops him when a Thraxi is near is that if he does so, the entire world will become his enemy for trying to start a new Galactic War. The scars still haven't healed since the last one, neither have the wounds, meanwhile the new generation... people like yourself live in a time of peace." Katashi nodded, "So you wish to contact the Thraxi in order to give yourself some sort of a new beginning?" Balthoron turned to leave, "No, Katashi. I must face the person who did this some day, or I fear I might end up like Tsuyoshi..."