Cait Sidhe (There'll be blood and some language, so...NSFW, I guess.)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

JoshtheOverlander

Cait Sidhe (There'll be blood and some language, so...NSFW, I guess.)

#1 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

Prologue - Cait Kids

"Kids, get out of bed, already!"
The two twins opened their eyes and hopped off the top bunk and landed on their feet. The two made their way to the living room of their home, where their mother was waiting. "I noticed you two were sleeping in the same bunk again," she said. "Can't you two just sleep separately for once?"
"Charlotte was having nightmares again, mom," little Jake explained. The siblings' mother seemed irritated yet unsurprised by this.
"I keep telling your father not to tell you that story at your bed time, but does he ever listen?"
"It's not a story, Melanie." The father emerged from the room he and Melanie shared, dressed in a simply black t-shirt and blue jeans. "What I tell Charlotte every night is true." He moved to the kitchen and prepared a pot of coffee.
Melanie was unamused and sat down on the couch to relax, as did the father. She had some time before she had to go off to work. "Even if it's true, something as violent as your old life is not something you should be telling our children, Jon. It's been giving our daughter nightmares and our son can't leave her alone for a single night!"
"If your so adamant about putting a stop to this, why don't you find a story that Charlotte can go to sleep to," he suggested. "So far, my way has been the only success." He came back to the living room with a mug of hot coffee in his hand. "And besides, I'd like for our kids to be tough little guys when they're older. And speaking of which, I'd like to starting training them to defend themselves once they hit thirteen."
"What!?"
"You heard me. They're Cait Sidhes, honey, just like me. And in all of history of which I'm aware, not a single demon of our race has ever gone without violence in their lives. They need to be prepared."
"Then we can just keep them safe. Come on, Jon, let's just do our duty as parents and leave it at that!"
"What about when they move away from us? They aren't going to stay kids forever, Melanie. They're going to grow up and live their own lives! How would we protect them then?" he argued.
The two had forgotten about them for a moment in their argument, but when they looked to where they stood just moments before, they were gone. There one moment, gone the next. Just like a jolt of lightning.
~~
"They were fighting again," Charlotte muttered, sitting at the edge of the bottom bunk. Her brother, Jake, was over at the other side of the room, shuffling through his dresser. "Don't they love each other?"
"I'm sure they do, Charlie, but parents are gonna fight now and then," he replied. "Don't worry about it. You and I are still only ten. Let's just have some fun."
"I hope mother let's us train," she muttered.
"What? Why are you hoping for that?" he prodded. "This isn't about what dad tells you every night, is it? We probably won't even earn our first tail, let alone a second one, sis. Just forget about it."
Charlotte flopped back onto the mattress, looking up at the top bunk. With a heavy sigh, she said, "Maybe you're right."
That discussion wouldn't have been brought to light for years to come, until the twins were separate and living on their own, only to be brought back together in a chance meeting. And when this discussion was brought up again, disaster would only come. But life is not about the destination. It's about the journey.
(I sincerely hope this will catch some attention. I will continue this, I promise.)
Chicken Curry is the best thing EVER!!!

JoshtheOverlander

Re: Cait Sidhe (There'll be blood and some language, so...NSFW, I guess.)

#2 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

Part 1 - Training Time

Three years later, on the twins' birthdays, February 5, Jon began their training. To fight, to defend, to maneuver, to defeat. The first year started with fist-fighting. Jon ruffled his kids' blonde hair, going over their cat ears. "Alright kiddos, today's the big day. Now, seeing as this is only your first time training, we'll start off with simple stuff. Street brawling will have to suffice, I suppose. After you've gotten the hang of that, we'll move on to weapon training. After that, learning to control those powers of yours. Have we got all this down?"
"Yes, dad," Charlotte enthusiastically replied.
"Yes, dad," Jake mirrored not-so enthusiastically.
"Alright, let's see what you can do for now and we'll go from there. Come at me and try to bruise me. Don't hold back at all."
~~
Later that night, Charlotte and Jake were laid in bed. Charlotte on the top bunk and Jake on the bottom bunk. Both of them had acquired a couple of bruises here and there, none of which were directly or intently inflicted by Jonathon, but they still stung, nonetheless.
"Charlotte?"
"What is it, bro?"
"Why were you so excited to start training with dad?" he asked her.
"Why weren't you? We get to learn how to fight and be cool demons like dad was!"
Jake was silent for a moment before continuing. "I just don't think I wanna be like dad...All the violence and hardship. I just want to live a more peaceful life."
"But we'd be able to kick so much butt!"
"What if I don't want to kick butt?"
That last question was left to sink in and the two twins never continued. Jake had gone to sleep, but Charlotte was left awake for a while before she get any sleep. "Fine with me..."
~~
Training continued onward and Jake seemed to put more effort into training after that. He never told either his sister or his father why that was. Charlotte was more confused than Jonathon because of what Jake had told her. She couldn't wrap her head around why he didn't just tell their father about it. Soon, within the next year, they had completed fist-fighting and moved onto weapon training.
"Alright, kids, it's time to choose a weapon," Jon said, taking them down to the shed behind their home. In it were various weapons in displays. Weapons that varied from guns to swords to bows to lances and so on.
Jake browsed through the weapons and saw a bow with a storm-like design and picked it up. Not seeing any arrows to go with it, he decided to just fiddle with the drawstring while he waited for Charlotte to pick her own weapon. As his fingers touched the drawstring, he could've sworn he saw a spark slip from his fingers into the weapon. Maybe he was just seeing things.
Charlotte was examining the weapons in admiration. "Oh they're all so cool, dad!" One weapon in particular caught her eyes. It appeared to be a double-edged longsword with a tourmaline gem embedded in the hilt. She picked it up and squeezed the handle as if it could disappear any moment. Sparks flew from her hands and the blade split into eight pieces, connected by a resilient cord within, the blades shooting up, the end piece, the tip of the blade digging into the ceiling.
"Cool," she whispered to herself.
"You're going to be hard-pressed to master that weapon, Charlotte. Are you sure you don't want to try a different weapon?" He couldn't help but laugh when she immediately declined the offer to choose another weapon. "Alright, if you're sure."

RyanTheScribe
Traveler

#3 Post by RyanTheScribe »

this is cool.
"To defeat evil, I must become a greater evil."
-Lelouch vi Britannia

JoshtheOverlander

#4 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

Thank you very much. This isn't going to be an especially long story, but there will be another one coming after the conclusion of this one.

RyanTheScribe
Traveler

#5 Post by RyanTheScribe »

JoshtheOverlander wrote:Thank you very much. This isn't going to be an especially long story, but there will be another one coming after the conclusion of this one.
Trying to start my story, which is really really long and slow paced. And i'm still trying to make sense with the concepts and how the story should go.
"To defeat evil, I must become a greater evil."
-Lelouch vi Britannia

red.wolf
Merchant

#6 Post by red.wolf »

I do like how you started all of this, it leaves a bit for the reader to think about. A little bit of wonder and curiosity of what will b3come of your characters
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18223---- Both Sides > My Fanfic
Both Sides: A TwoKinds Fan-fiction

JoshtheOverlander

#7 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

Part 2 - A New Friend

The next five months were filled with awkward whip sword practice and constant bruises for Charlotte. As for Jake, he seemed much more composed and didn't take too long to master his weapon.
"I'm honestly surprised you got the hang of that bow so quickly, Jake," Jon admitted. He told Jake that the bow functioned like a regular bow, but it could function better with electricity, compressing it all into lightning arrows and firing with high speeds. Unfortunately, since learning to control their powers wouldn't come until after they mastered their weapons, Jake wouldn't be allowed to try it just yet.
"And Charlotte, maybe you should just practice the Storm Bolt's sword mode before you try its whip form." Charlotte jumped straight into trying to get control over the weapon when the blade split, with little success. "N-No, I've got this, don't worry."
As her confidence started to decline, sparks began to fly from her fingers and the blade shot off where she hadn't yet noticed a boy was standing. The sound of ringing metal surprised her and when she finally noticed the boy she nearly killed, she saw the the final piece of the blade gripped firmly in his right hand. Charlotte freaked out when she saw his hand was covered in blood.
Jonathon watched as middle-aged man was arriving not too far behind the boy. "Finally training the kids, Jon?" the man asked as the boy dropped the blade.
"Yeah. How about you?"
Charlotte ran over to the boy at high speeds, reaching him and his father in half a second. "Are you okay?" The first thing she noticed was there was no wound. After that, she realized the red on his hand was the color of his hand. Not only that, his fingertips were pretty much like claws. "But, the blade...."
"Relax," he simply said.
The boy's father continued. "He's already finished with his training. So's his sister."
"I assume Mary approved?"
"That's right! And speaking of Mary, she's sent us here so that Sabrina and Jacky can meet your kids."
Jacky and Charlotte were sitting on the concrete that was part of the porch. Jacky was carving through it and forming an image of fireball while Charlotte watched with high interest. "Oh, that's so cool!"
Jon smirked. "I see he's got the Ifrit's hardened limbs trait and from the looks of it, his limbs are quite resilient. Have you tested how durable they are?"
"His arms are indestructible. Trust me, I've tested those arms of his with everything, but his legs aren't like his arms. They're about as hardened as a human's legs," Damien answered.
"That's a shame. Guess he needs to watch himself, then. So where's little Sabrina?"
Damien looked around and caught his young daughter slowly making her way to them, staring at the ground with a flushed face. Her bangs almost completely hid her blue eyes from view as she hid behind her father. "Pleasure to meet you," she greeted in a hushed voice.
"Forgive her, she's pretty shy," Damien explained.
Jake watched them all for a while before stringing an arrow on the bow and releasing it, only for the bow to hit the bullseye on a target set off ten feet in front of him.
~~
After Damien and Jonathon finally finished conversing, Damien got down on one knee and gave his kids hugs and kisses before leaving to go on an assignment. Jon gave out a heavy sigh and muttered, "Damn that Nevermore."

JoshtheOverlander

#8 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

Apologies that part 3 isn't done yet, I've been distracted by college and working on other stuff.

Update:

My Macbook has undergone a huge and frustrating issue so getting part 3 out will take especially longer than it would have before.