Demons of Love, Loss, and Legacy [violence and blood adv.] (chapter 1 up)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

The-J-Man

Demons of Love, Loss, and Legacy [violence and blood adv.] (chapter 1 up)

#1 Post by The-J-Man »

this fan fic was in my possession for a long time and i just recently updated and refined it enough to actually publish it here.
the following story will include pictures that are drawn by me, i consider myself to be a decent artist
i am mostly known for being a writer of horror tales, so fasten your seat-belts and grab the edge of your seats, because the story is going to be long and tense:

(Characters belong to Tom Fishback, other than the ones that are obviously of my own creation)

Prologue and art coming very soon, Enjoy!
You cant make me FEEL when my will is made of STEEL

The-J-Man

Re: Demons of Love, Loss, and Legacy (NSFW)

#2 Post by The-J-Man »

Demons Born of Love, Loss, and Legacy

Prologue:

It was there on the shore of the Eastern Basitian shore that a ship had washed up on the white sand beach. The entire ship was engulfed in flames and only two survivors could be seen hopping over the guardrails and land on the soft sand below. The survivors were easily recognizable as Eric Vaughan and his “sister” Kathrin Vaughan, so they were treated as friends when the Basitian soldiers came to rescue them and put out the fire before the embers ignited the nearby homes. The soldiers got Eric and Kat to their feet, but they were surprised when they started babbling incoherently about some kind of monster on board the ship.

“Y-you can’t go in there! Let the ship burn!” Eric and Kathrin shouted over each other

One of the soldiers replied while dumping a bucket of water over the both of them to extinguish any fur or hair that was on fire “What do you mean? We can’t let this fire spread to the plants. We have to put it out!”

Kathrin grabbed the soldier by his glaive and pulled him closer to her face. “You know not the unholy terrors that are on board that ship! Let. It. BURN!”

It was then that the Basitian soldier heard shrieking screams coming from the smoke-shrouded windows of the ship. They were not screams of pain; they were screams of fear, a sound that he never heard another Basitian produce in all his years in the military. The screams were quickly interrupted by the sound of metallic slicing and the terrible sound of armor being torn to pieces; the sounds continued towards the edge of the ship until the image of a Wolf Keidran with very dark gray fur became visible behind the guardrail. He had a dead Basitian held by the collar in his hand, and he threw the body over the edge to show the many claw and teeth marks that were carved into the forged brass. The Wolf jumped over the rail and landed on top of the dead Basitian with the cape of one of the soldiers slung over his shoulders and head like a Templar robe.

“I’m almost impressed Eric; you took me straight to the Basitian islands for help, but I’m afraid you took me to the one place I was already trying to go!” The Wolf said in a very deep and distorted voice that could only be described as demonic.

“N-no, why would you want to come here?” Eric asked as he stood in front of Kathrin protectively.

The Basitian soldier immediately takes action and charges forward with his sword drawn. “It matters not! He killed my brothers and now he is going to pay!

“NO!” they both cried

It was too late; by the time the Basitian soldier heard the warning, the wolf had discarded his robe and showed his frightening form for all to see. His grey fur was streaked with bright red stripes and his teeth were dripping with what looked like venom. The Basitian soon found himself impaled on five red half-inch claws that extended from the Wolf’s fingertips; they had gone straight through his armor as if it were butter. The Basitian stood for five seconds and then collapsed into the sand from blood-loss. The Wolf then turned his attention back to Kat and Eric with all ten of his unnatural claws extended from his fingertips and an ethereal grin spread across his face; a smile extending from one end of his jaw to the other. The smile was so wide that it exposed the muscle that made up his cheeks and it also showed his snake-like tongue lashing around as he spoke:

“It was really funny how naive you both were, especially you ‘Spots’!”

“Hey, no-one calls me that and gets away with it!” Kat yelled as loud as she could

“Whatever; I have no need of either of you anymore, be thankful that I am allowing you to leave. If you’re lucky, you can get on a ship at the port, but now I must go and dispense dark deeds.”

The wolf starts walking towards the town, drawing screams of terror and fear from the Basitian warriors. There was a good reason that the Basitians were scared of this wolf; no matter what weapon they used, nothing could pierce his fur, It was like his fur was assuming a metallic structure whenever it was struck, but there was something that this wolf was doing that made him all the more frightening:

He was singing and something on his person was producing music along with it

Every movement he took matched the music, or maybe it was the other way around...

The-J-Man

Re: Demons of Love, Loss, and Legacy (NSFW) (prologue up)

#3 Post by The-J-Man »

Chapter one: Anger begets Anger

Inside a Templar’s tower near the wolf/human border, ten months ago:

A hooded Templar mage with yellow hair and eyes steps into the room where a female white Wolf Keidren awaits her orders. This Keidran had a multitude of scars over her eyes and face, but most of them were covered by a red silk cloth that she tied over her eyes as a blindfold. She wore a decorative white robe with grey decorative patterns stitched into it, suggesting that she held a very high place within the Templar. She wore a pair of mismatched gloves; a grey one on her left hand, and a black one on her right hand. In her right hand she held a small crystal ball that glowed softly with the same shade of blue as a mana stone, and it was producing the soft sound of music. She sniffed the air for a second and turned her head towards the hooded Templar that had come to see her.

“Ah, 'Ethral' I presume?” the Templar asked with a grin.

The Wolf nodded and perked her ears at his voice, recognizing it almost instantly.

“I understand that you are the protector of this tower, correct? It's a shame that your talents are wasted on simple guard duty. That being said, I have a mission for you.” He asked while walking around the room.

Ethral responded by holding up her crystal ball, showing the Templar a silhouette image of her and three other Wolf Keidran standing on either side of her.

“Oh don’t worry, I have jobs for your...siblings...too.”

Ethral raised an eyebrow and pulled her crystal ball back towards her and the ball started glowing brighter. In an instant, both Ethral and the Templar were teleported to the roof of the tower where she had set up a table with two chairs and a stand for her crystal ball. She took her seat and placed her magical artifact into its stand while the Templar took a seat in the opposite facing chair. Ethral then motioned for the Templar to begin explaining what type of orders she and her brethren had to carry out.

“I will keep it vague; your first brother must deal with the Wolves’ offensive; your second sister will deal with all the other wolves, your second brother can deal with the Basitian threat, and you will deal with our Former Grand Templar. Sound easy enough?”

Ethral nodded, stood up from her chair, took her crystal ball, and vanished into thin air in a haze of mist, all in one motion. The Templar waved his hand back and forth to disperse the mist around his face and stood up once it had all cleared.

“*Sigh* Damn Keidran, wasn’t even polite enough to teleport me back to the ground floor.”

============================================

Meanwhile, in the Wolf forest:

Deep in the forest, the oddball group of Sythe, Red, Maren, Karen, Raine, and Zen make their way through the low hanging branches until they come upon a large clearing with a large elder tree in the center. The roots of the elder tree extended all the way to the edge of the clearing and kept any other trees from growing in that area, so the tree was quite large and offered the group a good amount of shelter. The group took the opportunity and took refuge under the gigantic tree, sitting atop it's raised roots and working together to set up the tent.

“<Hey guys, I know I really have no say in what you’re doing, but shouldn’t we make camp somewhere out of the way, we might not be safe here.>” Zen inquired as politely as he could.

“*Sigh* What’s he saying now?” Red asked Sythe to translate

“He’s saying that this clearing leaves us too exposed and for once; I have to agree with him, we should move the tent more into the tree-line to keep ourselves hidden.”

Red thought about it for a minute but he was interrupted when Maren started yelling at Karen, who was swinging and climbing all over the giant tree that was offering them shelter from the sun:

“Karen come on, get down and help us with the tent!” Maren yelled through her cupped hands

“Girls keep it down, for all we know there could be a whole mob of wolves on the other side of those trees.” He said, pointing to the opposite side of the clearing they entered from. “Speaking of ‘Girl’s’, where’s Raine?”

On cue, Raine jumped down from the tree and landed near Maren, she also had Mrs. Nibbly atop her shoulder. “Present, sorry the tree was too enticing.”

“Hey wait, who elected you as leader anyway?” Maren asked with an agitated tone

“Are we really gonna debate this now, beca--”

*SNAP!*

Reds and everyone else's eyes shrink down to the size of dots and he yelled out “HIDE!”

Everyone climbed up into the branches of the elder tree and hid themselves in the leaves, being careful not to move too much so that the branches appear to just be waving in the wind. Down below, a very large group of Wolf Keidran marched slowly past the tree with many wounded warriors being carried back to their camps to be healed. Suddenly, the sound of soft music could be heard and the whole mob of wolves stopped dead in their tracks.
The group slowly shifted themselves in the tree to get a look at what had made the wolves stop, it was another group of wolves that were standing in their path. The wolves of this group were dressed much like that one wolf they had seen traveling with the Templar before, the one Sythe had called a “Blood-traitor”. The group consisted of three grey wolves and one white wolf, two of them female and two of them male and all of them the same height, but each of them had their own distinguishing features that easily differentiated them:

The first Wolf in the group was a male who wore a plain green vest and black pants. His grey fur was slightly lighter in color compared to the others, suggesting that he was somewhat younger than the other three. His eyes were colored unnaturally white, hinting at the fact that he was a very skilled mage, but he didn’t seem to have any Mana Crystals on him. He had a blank expression about him as he stood in front of the other three; he did not look “bored”, he looked “blank”. He also wore a metal collar that had a softly glowing mana stone mounted on the front of it.

The second Wolf was a female who wore a red robe and had a belt of Refined Mana crystals slung over her shoulder like a sash. More notably, she had an eyepatch placed over he left eye and an enraged frown across her face. Every time she took a breath, ripples of hot air could be seen seething out through her teeth. Her one good eye was colored yellow, but this was its natural color, and her brow was furrowed into an expression of pure rage and unadulterated anger.

The third wolf, which was the second male, wore a pitch black robe with his hood up so that only his face was visible. His eyes were glowing with a bright shade of red that matched the color of fresh blood; along with a barbed-patterned stripe that extended from his nose and over the center of his face. Underneath that stripe was an open smile full of sharp teeth and a forked tongue that resembled one of a dragon.

The fourth Wolf, the second female, stood behind all three of the other wolves. She had snow-white fur underneath her robe and had a multitude of scars on her, she wore a red cloth as a blindfold over her scarred eyes, and she held a crystal ball in her right hand that was producing the mysterious music everyone was hearing. Similar to the first wolf, she also wore a collar that had a mana stone affixed to it like a tag, but this one was far more decorative than the one the first wolf was wearing. It was more or less obvious that this wolf was the leader

“Whoa…are those wolves with the Templar too? They sure look like it.”

Red asked the question to Sythe as quietly as he could, but he was confused when Sythe only shrugged back at him to show that he had no idea who these Wolves were. Red then turned to Zen to see if he knew anything, but only saw him petrified and trembling with fear at the sight of these wolves.

“Zen; who are those Wolves?” Red asked again

Zen understood enough of Red’s question and was about to reply, but he was interrupted the sound of the Wolf mob underneath them starting to move forward. The leader of the mob stood ahead of all the rest with a sword drawn and charged straight for the group of four wolves. He raised his sword up and thrust it down towards the first wolf, intent on killing only him for a reason that he promptly revealed:

“You will not kill any more of my brothers, you hear me!?”

In that instant, the entire clearing was lit up with the light of a magical spell being cast by the first wolf. Once the light had dissipated, it revealed that he had clad himself in a suit of magically conjured armor panels. The pieces of armor looked like the pieces of a shield spell that had been broken up and turned into a wearable and animated shape; a very simple concept once you think about it. The Wolf mob leader’s sword collided with the helmet the first wolf had conjured and produced a noise that could only be compared to the sound of a gong being struck with a metal pipe.

The white wolf known as Ethral then opened her mouth and spoke in a soft and whispery voice:

“Krieg, finish your business here and then go on to eliminate the rest of the mobs. Report back once you are finished.”

“I understand.” Krieg responded as he winded back for a punch

Krieg threw the punch and his arm went straight through the Mob Leader’s waist and he quickly pulled his arm back out, allowing the body to fall to the ground in front of him. Krieg picked up the sword the wolf had dropped and pointed it at the rest of the mob, who took off running in the opposite direction. Ethral teleported herself and the other two wolves that were with her to parts unknown. Soon enough, everyone was gone.

Raine was the first one to jump down from the tree and then helped red down from his perch as everyone else found their own way down.

Sythe was the only one to work up the courage to comment on the events they just witnessed.

“Okay, what kind of Horror story did we just become part of?!”

To be continued...

Elemental Templar
Merchant

Re: Demons of Love, Loss, and Legacy [violence and blood adv.] (chapter 1 up)

#4 Post by Elemental Templar »

Reasons this is good:

1. Excellent use of imagery
2. Starting with the introduction of new characters
3. introducing a plot point with Group-B ( :raine: is my favorite character BTW)
4. EPIC CLIFFHANGER!!! :grin: :mrgreen: :mrgrin:
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous