[FFC'15] A TwoKinds Tale: Darrin Forge

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snakeman1299
Citizen

[FFC'15] A TwoKinds Tale: Darrin Forge

#1 Post by Snakeman1299 »

Here is the almost final version to the first chapter of my
Fanfiction story. Feel free to comment on it. :mrgreen:

CHAPTER I
Darrin woke with a start, he tried to sit up but a sharp pain stopped him. He looked down to see cuts all over his chest and abdomen, but at the moment he couldn't remember anything that had happened, except for one thing, Trace Legacy had done this. Darrin tried to sit up once again and this time he was successful, he slowly rose to his feet and looked around. He was in a small clearing on a hill just north of an old dirt path that went east and west. It looked like no one had used it in a long time but he began walking down it anyway. Maybe there's a village close by with someone that can help me he thought. Darrin was close to a village but he was heading in the wrong direction and into kiedrian territory...
Darrin's progress was slow and painful but it was progress none the less. He had only made it a mile or two down the road when he collapsed and could not stand again. He was in too much pain to do anything and he was losing too much blood, things were beginning to look Grimm. Is this really the end? What a lame way to go out, lying on the side of the road with a bunch of cuts slowly bleeding to death, thought Darrin. As he neared unconsciousness he heard a soft thud right behind him, he tried to turn and see what had made the sound but he was too weak to even lift his head. The last thing he saw before he blacked out was two orange, furry feet right in front of him.
Darron woke cold and hungry, he sat up slowly and looked around in the dim light. He was in a room filled with the typical household items, chairs tables etc. etc. There was a fireplace in the corner and presently there was a small fire going but he could not feel the heat coming from it, he wished more than anything to be right next to it and let it warm him to the bone. Darrin looked down to see that all his wounds were almost healed but his chest still ached from several broken ribs. "Where am I?" Darrin asked aloud not expecting an answer in return, "why, in my house of course". Darrin jumped at the sound of the woman's voice, he looked around the room to see a small woman sitting in a chair next to the fire. How had I not seen her before? He thought. The woman was middle aged, had blue eyes, and a warm smile that could fill even the saddest soul with happiness. Darrin tried to stand up but was met with a terrible pain in his chest " aaagh!" The woman chuckled and shook her head "you shouldn't try to stand you'll only put yourself in more pain." She said. " who are you?" Asked Darrin "I am Marianne but you can call me Anne" "why did you help me?" Darrin asked. "Because Kate brought you to me, and you were in need." Anne saw the confusion on Darrin's face and answered his question before he could ask it. "Kate is my daughter" she said. "Oh, well where is she now?" Darrin asked. Anne let out a sigh and said "Kate please come in here" after a moment Darrin heard a girl's voice say "Coming Anne!" from the back of the house, a minute later a girl stepped into the room wearing pants and a long sleeve shirt. But this was not a normal human girl like Darrin had been expecting it was a tiger walking on two legs. Darrin jumped back in shock and was frozen on the bed with fear. Anne and the tiger looked at him puzzled. "What the hell is that?" Asked Darrin unable to take his eyes off the animal that appeared to be able to comprehend his words. "This is Kate" said Anne puzzled that Darrin had even asked the question. Kate was rather offended by the remark but said nothing. "How is that thing standing on two feet?" Asked Darrin confused and scared. " I am not a thing!" Yelled Kate , she then turned and ran out the room, slamming the door behind her. "Exactly how much do you remember?" Asked Anne. "Only that the one who did this to me was Trace and the reason why he did it, other than that, nothing" replied Darrin.
For the next couple hours Anne and Darrin talked about the world they lived in and the creatures that inhabited it. By the time they were finished Darrin was well informed about their world. He had learned that there were three different intelligent races that existed, Keidran, Humans and Basitins. Humans were the more dominant of three races and used keidran as slaves. Basitins were a militarily based people who mainly kept to themselves. And the Keidran were a tribal people who hated and feared the humans. After learning all this Darrin realized he had made a mistake calling Kate a thing and wanted to apologize but he could not even get out of bed to save his life, and he didn't think Kate had cooled down enough to call her back to the living room, not that she would listen to me anyways, he thought. So he made a mental note to apologize later. Anne had given him his supper and after he ate she told him that she was going to bed and that he should do the same. But that was the last thing Darrin wanted to do and even if he wanted to he couldn't, he had a million questions running through his mind and he had the answers to none of them.
Live life to the fullest, have no regrets.

Snakeman1299
Citizen

Re: [FFC'15] A TwoKinds Tale: Darrin Forge

#2 Post by Snakeman1299 »

CHAPTER II
Darrin slowly woke this time, he didn't remember falling asleep but at some point during the night he must have gotten too tired and dozed off. When he opened his eyes he saw two more staring right back at him, they were big and round and were deep blue, Kate was sitting in a chair next to the bed with a bowl of steaming oatmeal in her lap "Hiya" said Kate. "Um, hi" said Darrin. Kate handed him the bowl and said, "Anne said for you to eat this" Darrin took the bowl and began to eat his oatmeal and as he ate he glanced from the bowl to kate taking in all her features, she was rather attractive, that is for a tiger, she had brownish red hair, that was a mess as if she had just gotten up, she was around Darrin's height, which was 5'9". She had the orange fur of a tiger as well as the stripes, but her unlike a tiger she didn't have a snout but a mouth and her ears were on top of her head instead of on the side. She was what someone would expect if you combined a girl with a tiger. "Hey Kate?" "Yes Darrin?" "Sorry about last night I had no idea-" "Oh its fine Anne told me that you lost your memory." Said Kate, cutting off Darrin mid-sentence. There was an awkward silence that followed and Darrin didn't know what to say so he just ate his oatmeal hoping the awkward moment would pass quickly.
After a while Kate broke the silence, "how old are you?" She asked. Darrin coughed "excuse me?" "I asked your age" " 17" replied Darrin, "and yourself?" "4 1/2" she replied and at this darrin was taken aback, I swear she looks my age, his shock must have shown on his face because Kate hurriedly said,"Keidran age faster than humans do so i am around your age in human years." "Oh Anne didn't tell me that." Darrin said with a sigh of relief although why he sighed he did not know. "Have you always lived here?" Asked Darrin as he looked around the small but cozy room. "No, not always. When I was 2 my real parents were killed in cold blood by a templar. He came into our peaceful village and set it ablaze, killing anyone he could find. I barely got out of there alive.... thanks to my parents. After that I was on my own, going from village to village living off of scraps, but then Anne found me and took me in, I've been living here ever since." Darrin was shocked that such a nice being could have such a horrible past. "I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough childhood.I know what it's like to lose everything and everyone you love." "But I thought you lost all your memory." Kate said. "Oh no, not all of it. I have very few memories and none of them are good, but the worst one is of me having to watch Grand Templar Trace Legacy kill everyone I loved" Kate gasped "He was the one who destroyed my village" " This is why I must stop him. He has hurt too many people. He deserves to die in the worst way possible." Darrin was not expecting Kate to get mad at what he had said, but she did. Her face scrunched up and her fur turned a deep shade of orange, almost red, she stood up, fists clenched. "If you kill him you are no better, you'll be the same... A murderer." This shocked and upset Darrin but judging by last night he decided it was best to avoid an argument, especially with a tiger girl that had claws instead of nails,so he changed the subject to try and calm her down.
The two continued to talk until it was well into the afternoon. Darrin finally asked a question that he thought hadn't been important but had grown so curious that he just had to ask. "Hey Kate" "yes?" "Where did Anne go?" "Oh she went to the human village down the road to get you some healing crystals for your broken bones." "She did that for me? But you guys don't even know me. Why would you help me?" Asked Darrin "Anne believes that we should help everyone that needs it. Even if they don't deserve it." "Do you believe that too?" "Well, yes. But not as passionately as her. I help everyone I can but I don't help if I don't think they deserve it. If you'll excuse me I must start supper." "Okay" said Darrin and with that their conversation was over and Darrin was once again left alone with his thoughts. He hadn't realized how tired he was until he had stopped talking and he couldn't help but falling asleep.

Snakeman1299
Citizen

#3 Post by Snakeman1299 »

CHAPTER III
Darrin woke up to the searing pain of his bones being slowly put back into place by Anne and her healing crystals. "Hold still you big baby." Said Anne as Darrin squirmed about the bed desperately trying to get away. "Stop!Stop!" Pleaded Derrin "What are you doing?" "Healing you" said Anne "Did you think it was going to feel good?" After a couple more minutes Anne finished the last rib and sat back in her chair, her energy drained. "There I'm done" she said "Stay in bed you'll be sore for another day or so but you'll be able to stand soon enough"

Darrin stayed in bed for the rest of the day and the next, going in and out of consciousness slowly regaining his strength, he spent his days talking to Anne and Kate getting to know them. He was soon able to walk around and within a week he was almost at full health. Sadly, the time came for Darrin to say thank you and goodbye and be on his way, but Kate wouldn't have it. She thought Darrin still needed to rest but both Darrin and Anne disagreed, "But Anne he can't go he just can't. Don't you know what he is going to do? He is going after a Templar, he'll get himself killed!" "It is not up to me what he will or will not do it is only he who decides. I can not control him just like I can not control you. If you feel like he is not well enough you may go with him." At this Kate was shocked "Anne I couldn't possibly leave you you're my only family." Anne smiled at her adopted daughter " I have enjoyed my time with you but you have grown up, it is time for you to go out and see the world... Go with him. " Kate was reluctant but finally agreed to go. She had always wanted to go on an adventure and this was her chance, if she passed it up now she may never get another.
One Hour Later
Kate hugged her mother goodbye, doing her best not to cry, she picked up her pack of supplies and headed down the road alongside Darrin, both excited to be on the road and yet nervous at what was in store for them ahead. They were quiet as they walked down the dirt path, both lost in thought. They had been walking for a few hours and were nearing the first village, suddenly out of the underbrush came a young wolf, in his hands he held two short swords, he was skinny and had long fur. He only looked about 3 but he stood in the middle of the road with a sinister smile on his face, as if he had done this a million times before. "Stop right there!" He yelled " Give me all you've got and you won't get hurt" "But we don't have anything of value" said Darrin "Then your lives are forfeit, the young wolf turned and whistled, out of the forest came six more wolves all with drawn bows. For the second time in a couple weeks things were looking grim for Darrin and for the second time he was saved by a stranger. Out of nowhere two figures appeared from the forest and let loose four arrows killing the leader of the wolf bandits and three of his henchmen, the other three were gone before the strangers could draw their bows once more.

Darrin and Kate were in shock, four bodies lay on the dirt road instead of two. They turned to thank the strangers but were met by two drawn bows. "Oh great, do you guys want to rob us too?" Asked Kate rather annoyed. "No, we just haven't decided if you are a threat or not." Replied one of the hooded figures. "Oh we are not a threat. This guy here can't even lift a sword. Hehe." Laughed Kate nervously. "Hey!" Protested Darrin "can too" as Kate and Darrin began to argue on Darrin's ability to wield a sword the two figures had made up their minds that these two were not in fact a threat and returned their arrows to their quivers. " so who are you guys?" Asked Darrin. "Who we are is not important to you. Just be glad we saved your lives." "Okay....Well thanks for your help but we are in a bit of a rush so if you don't mind we'd like to get going now." Said Darrin as he pulled Kate along. "We must be going as well. You see we are on a very important mission." said one of the hooded figures and then received a kick to the side "we are not supposed to talk about that remember!?" Said the other figure. Kate tried not to laugh, " Well good luck with that" said Kate with a smile and started to walk down the road alongside Darrin. Little did the four know that they would meet again soon... very soon

RyanTheScribe
Traveler

#4 Post by RyanTheScribe »

This is really good.
But I swear I saw this story on another website with more chapters.
Do you know where it is?
"To defeat evil, I must become a greater evil."
-Lelouch vi Britannia

Snakeman1299
Citizen

#5 Post by Snakeman1299 »

RyanTheScribe wrote:This is really good.
Do you know where it is?
You are correct this is on another website with more chapters, it is not completely edited like this one. This is for the fan fiction competition. Here is the link to the other websitehttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/11317300/1/A-TwoKinds-Tale

RyanTheScribe
Traveler

#6 Post by RyanTheScribe »

Snakeman1299 wrote:
RyanTheScribe wrote:This is really good.
Do you know where it is?
You are correct this is on another website with more chapters, it is not completely edited like this one. This is for the fan fiction competition. Here is the link to the other websitehttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/11317300/1/A-TwoKinds-Tale
Thanks! :D :D :D :D :D
"To defeat evil, I must become a greater evil."
-Lelouch vi Britannia