Cosmic Whispers(Non-Canon)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: Cosmic Whispers(NSFW)

#16 Post by Akira110 »

Epilogue

Fifty Years Later

Yoshiro found himself on the bridge of the ship he had been given almost two hundred years ago, he had began changing the ship itself and outfitting it with Draconic technologies. He ran his hand against the chair and looked out of the viewport, this was going to be converted later into a mess hall and his captain's quarters into a kitchen. He walked into the Captain's quarters one last time and looked at himself in a mirror, "The stresses have been getting to me." He noticed that his hair wasn't the usual black color it normally was during the non-winter months, that he had a bit of gray near his temples. Yoshiro straightened out his blue uniform with silver lining on it and adjusted his rank insignia, he had chosen to become the captain of a Verbana Exploration force within the Verbanan Navy. It still wasn't out of the military, but at least in this line of work, he wouldn't be in wars anymore and his ship would be considered for all intents and purposes, a civilian vessel.

Yoshiro walked over to his desk and started to mess with his datapad for a moment, before starting a recording, "Captain's Log, Thirteenth day of the sixth month, five hundred and ninety years after the Liberation of Verbana." Yoshiro got out of his chair and looked at the shipyard facilities that were building completely new vessels, "Fifty years ago, I discovered a draconic base, which held an archive. Soon after, I would go to each of the nine continents and find what was in each base. Most of them had more Eidechse, but a couple of them had some dragons who were cryogenically frozen and one in particular gave us all of the knowledge we would need to propel not only our civilizations to a new age, but that of Eltirana. The humans have caught wind of our advanced state and are seeking to join an alliance after learning of the same alien race that I have learned about all of those years ago."

Yoshiro placed his hand on the wall above the window and leaned his head against it, "Everything seems like it's happening so fast. Even though we now have the ability to travel completely across our galaxy in a matter of weeks or even months instead of years, the prospect of being able to leave our own galaxy to colonize other galaxies eludes us. Verbanans have a long lifespan, but not as long as that of a Dragon. But I digress, the most troubling news that I have received as of late is that my brother, Walthari has cardiac issues because of adrenaline surges that are inline with his berserker rage. The doctor told me that he could die at any moment if he enters a rage, he doesn't seem to be taking the news very well, either. The last I heard of him, he was going to genetically engineer his own biological child, in order to make sure that he won't pass on the gene that allows him to go berserk."

A beeping sound emitted from Yoshiro's desk and he remembered proximity charge that nearly killed him. He placed his hand on his face as those memories flooded back into his head and he tried to push them back as he slowly walked to his desk and turned off his recording, "Activate." The voice of Noah sounded, "Yoshiro, if you are receiving this message, then your people have discovered the draconic caches on Verbana and you are currently modifying the vessel I have given you with Draconic technologies. I knew for a fact that I won't live to see this day, as when I last heard of your people, you had just started reverse engineering our technologies, but it doesn't matter. I had feared that you and your people would become militaristic like my people. When I met the Dragons for myself, they feared the same thing, and it was they that gave me the idea for gathering people sick of the Imperium and forming our own faction."

Yoshiro nodded slightly as the voice continued speaking, "The fact that you are getting this message is that you've chosen the right path, one of peace and exploration. It's the only path that the Dragons would allow you to use their technology on. There has been a hidden compartment in your quarters for some time, it's where I left my final legacy, my own violation of intergalactic law. Please, take care of my son, Yoshiro and remember, you are the arbiter of your own destiny, no one else is. From here on out, you and the Verbanan people are going to be the most advanced peoples in the universe. I have faith in you and your people to do the right thing. This will be my final message to you, farewell." Yoshiro smiled slightly, then turned to see the compartment open to reveal a stasis tube, suddenly the man in the tube woke up. It was a young Menschilche adult, much to Yoshiro's surprise, "A clone."

The clone opened up the tube and looked at him, "You, you look like the images that I've seen, except... older." Yoshiro shrugged, "That's what happens when over four hundred years pass, kid." The Menschilche Clone looked around, "Four hundred years, what year after Liberation is this?" Yoshiro looked up, "Five hundred and ninety." The Menschilche clone nodded slightly, "Noah called me, Seth." The name instantly awoke memories that Yoshiro had repressed, he remembered his old friend Seth, who was the older brother of Noah, "You... you're a clone of my old friend, of Noah's brother. But you look younger than he did when I first saw him, and you don't have the same look in your eyes as he did." Seth nodded slightly, "Do you wish to call me something else?" Yoshiro shook his head, "Not particularly, no. Seth, I want you to never think that you will have to live up to the original's legacy, never will you have to worry about my approval or that of the world. You're your own person and you can choose to do whatever you want to."

Seth nodded, "Well, if that's alright, sir. I would like to serve with you." Yoshiro looked out of his window, "This vessel will not be finished for another five years. Until then, you can explore Verbana and do whatever you want. There's another clone down there, one of me, her name is Yoshiko, I think the two of you should meet." Seth nodded slightly, "Sir, you're not much different from what Noah told me before he put me in stasis." Yoshiro frowned, "I've changed much since my old friend last saw me, but for the first time in my life, I feel like I'm on a better path, like I'm going to be able to become a better person and leave behind a legacy that isn't just about death when I'm gone." Seth frowned slightly, "Sir?" Yoshiro stood up, "Don't mind me, go down to the planet, have a good time for then next five years." Seth nodded, "As you wish, sir." As Seth left the room, Yoshiro looked at the moon of Verbana, "It's the end of an era, but we are beginning a new one. Will this era be brighter than the last one... I do not know. All I know is that we must all strive to be better people someday."
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.