Entertaining Possibilities (and sequels!) - Twokinds Smuts - [NSFW] (COMPLETE)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Favorite story? (re-voting open)

Entertaining Possibilities
No votes
Two of a Kind
33%
Full House
33%
Dead of Night
No votes
Castling
No votes
Fool's Mate
33%
About That Apron
No votes
Adult Humor
No votes
The Day Before Her Birthday
No votes

Total votes: 3

amenon
Grand Templar

Entertaining Possibilities (and sequels!) - Twokinds Smuts - [NSFW] (COMPLETE)

#1 Post by amenon »

Announcement April 2018:

There currently exist updated draft versions of the first three stories, but they're only on sofurry. Everywhere else is out of date. Here's the links:

1) Entertaining Possibilities (NSFW)
2) Two of a Kind (NSFW)
3) Full House (NSFW)

Quick info: If you just want to get to the smut and see what it's all about, click on one of the covers below. Entertaining Possibilities is where to start, but the two short stories in Bonus Stories probably make fairly good standalones if you want a bit of an appetizer before committing to anything longer. Alternatively, if you'd like to see how I handle the characters in an SFW context, I wrote an unrelated short story titled Trust that you can find on dA, FA or SoFurry.

Announcement December 2017: Two bonus stories and the last story are out! Covers below.

Announcement November 2017: Going Far has been released! Cover below.

April 2015:

Having found myself trapped in the orbit of Twokinds proper, and having subsequently built myself a habitat in search, I began to familiarize myself with the assorted relics and curios that had built up in adjacent orbits over the years. One of these was Desire for Orders, avwolf's Twokinds slashfic of some seven years ago, of which enough things cannot be said -- almost all of them good, many of them exceedingly explicit. I expressed my appreciation for this unexpected nugget of glory to its author and moved on... but a few months and a bit of discussion with avwolf later I found myself asking: 'amenon, if you were to write a Twokinds slashfic, what would it be about?'

I should know by now not to ask myself rhetorical questions in the third person, or at the very least not to answer. But I have never been all that wise; and so here I am, some 17k words later, unveiling the answer. From my brain to yours, I present to you:

With apologies to Tom, you, the readers, and the Natasha Bedingfield song Unwritten -- but not to avwolf, he had it coming. For him, only my gratitude; for his continued presence, for Desire for Orders, and for his help with Entertaining Possibilities (and graciously hosting it!). Well, gratitude and a call to battle: avwolf! Will you finally finish what you started, all those years ago when the world was young? Or will you suffer this mere smut to stand as the final footnote to Desire for Orders, in the annals of Twokinds improper?

February 2016:

Upping the ante with two sequels and ~64k words.

Yes. I said 64k.

Did I mention I have never been wise?

Endorsements (?):

“A pair of salacious tent-poles, stiffly spit-roasting the expectations of any who thought amenon’s sophomore slash would beat around the bush.”
      — avwolf

“Damn it, Amenon! I didn’t come here to feel feelings :x
      — The Rookie

“Alas, I feel wholly inadequate in my inability to contribute anything of worthy substance as even a cover quote in the face of such a monumental piece of literary tour de force.”
      — Dadrobit

"Well, I got wood."
      — Schrodinger

November 2017:

And here we go again! 59k words in three stories, this time.

Hey, at least it's less.

December 2017:

Two bonus (short) stories that I ended up writing while finishing Going Far.

December 2017:

And so it ends, not with a novel, but with a short story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Twokinds smutfics: [NSFW]
  • Entertaining Possibilities [You are here.]
  • A Harder Road [2017, 3 chapters, incomplete. The low-effort one... kind of.]
  • A Taste of Freedom [2018, story + short sequel. Complete... probably? The one that doesn't feature Keith and Natani, OR, Mike and Evals visit Adira's tavern.]
  • Establishing Relations [2018, story in 6 chapters + epilogue. The 'What if they hadn't bailed from the island' one.]
  • Foxy Keith [2019, standalone story. The one where you can probably tell from the title.]
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Entertaining Possibilities: A Twokinds Smut [NSFW]

#2 Post by avwolf »

My name invoked, I appear, according to ancient pact. ;)

I hope to have the chance to read the completed work soon. I have enjoyed the opportunity to read the earlier drafts, and they were excellent. The craftsmanship alone makes the story worth reading. Bah! I'm just going to gush about something I had a hand in. Just trust me that Entertaining Possibilities is quite an experience, deserving of one's attention.
Spoiler!
So it seems that our elder Magi Brother has quite the fascinating personal history. It seems clear to me that there's a particular character we've seen that this all adds up to. Prince Clovis was Zen's lover. It all makes sense: Zen had to have known Clovis to get the Prince to risk such an endeavor as the soul link or for Zen to approach him. If they were lovers, then Zen's plea is quite reasonable. Now, I know you're saying, "But the story hints that Zen hasn't ever taken it in the butt!" To that I say, "Of course not!" An intensely common power fantasy among the powerful is being dominated. Given Clovis' feelings toward women, can you imagine that Clovis would allow a woman to be in a position of power over him, even in a fantasy? It is much more believable to me that Clovis would turn to another man for that. And all the pain that Zen still seals inside and hides from Natani makes sense. What other relationship could Zen have had that he would go to such effort to conceal from his younger sibling? What relationship could cause him more pain than all that happened with Clovis in The Dragon Masquerade. Obviously, after the events of TDM, Zen could no longer maintain his relationship with the fox, leaving him with a "thing with all the jagged edges" to "hold so close to [his] heart."

As for your challenge, amenon... First, I am greatly entertained by the phrase "Twokinds improper." :P
Second...To leave a work unfinished does not sit especially well with me, but I have so many responsibilities that I fear I may not have the time. Goodness knows that Bleak Streets rarely manages to update more than a couple times a year. The world was young when I laid those words to page, and I a young wolf...But these days I find myself younger than I was the day before. I cannot make a promise, but perhaps we shall see. After all, I know someone who owes me a favor, and might be willing to work as an editor for me...

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3 Post by Schrodinger »

Well [censored]. Now I have another bit of fiction to get through.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Jonesy »

So, I had a read, and found it's actually quite good. I'm usually not one for slashfics, but I found the characters were handled quite well.

I also think avwolf's theory about Zen's backstory is quite fascinating.

red.wolf
Merchant

#5 Post by red.wolf »

Overall not a fan of reading things like this topic wise but i cant really say its not well written. Overall it is easy to visualize and reads smoothly.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18223---- Both Sides > My Fanfic
Both Sides: A TwoKinds Fan-fiction

gertok9
Master

#6 Post by gertok9 »

Very well written. Can't say I approve of this, but it's good I guess
Unofficial editor/proofreader of Twokinds
How triggered are you right now?

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#7 Post by Myperson54 »

Oh god, I had to stop after page 9. It's... very well written, but I feel so uncomfortable reading this. I'll have to read it in parts.... All 50 pages.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

red.wolf
Merchant

#8 Post by red.wolf »

Wait its 50 pages. I got 3/4 of the first page.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18223---- Both Sides > My Fanfic
Both Sides: A TwoKinds Fan-fiction

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#9 Post by Him »

I read the whole thing in one go. To be honest, I got bored halfway through. It is well written for what it is.

Honestly, I'm mostly surprised people are so squeamish about this though.

gertok9
Master

#10 Post by gertok9 »

Him wrote:Honestly, I'm mostly surprised people are so squeamish about this though.
The thing is, when I discovered this comic, I made a solemn oath to never look at, read, or approve of/find enjoyment out of any related "Smut" or "Rule 34" material. That's why I'm reluctant to read this

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#11 Post by Him »

gertok9 wrote:
Him wrote:Honestly, I'm mostly surprised people are so squeamish about this though.
The thing is, when I discovered this comic, I made a solemn oath to never look at, read, or approve of/find enjoyment out of any related "Smut" or "Rule 34" material. That's why I'm reluctant to read this
Wait, you made a solemn oath not to read smut, then why are you even here? Did you just not read any of the warnings or information about it and start right away? I hope your honor wasn't too important, because I'd say you broke that oath. Sorry to hear that.

gertok9
Master

#12 Post by gertok9 »

Him wrote:
gertok9 wrote:
Wait, you made a solemn oath not to read smut, then why are you even here? Did you just not read any of the warnings or information about it and start right away? I hope your honor wasn't too important, because I'd say you broke that oath. Sorry to hear that.
Yes, I know. I'm not proud of myself. I'm even more disgusted to say I slightly enjoyed this. Curse that stupid sexy Keith

amenon
Grand Templar

#13 Post by amenon »

Thanks for reading, everyone, on-thread and off. I'm sorry I couldn't quite carry the story for many of you. This was never going to be everyone's thing, but I have been thinking about whether I couldn't have done better. Ultimately, though, I'm still happy with it and I'll stand by the work as-is.

Archiving my marketing shuffle for posterity:

And a point of curiosity: Did anyone go on to read Desire for Orders because of this thread?

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Dadrobit »

Hah, finally got around to reading this last night on my lunch break. So here's a fast summary of my reactions. But first, all y'all are a buncha' prudes, this was highly entertaining!

-I wonder who this is gonna be between?
*reached his hand into Keith’s hood to tousle his hair"
-Oh, they're gonna get it on
-Diving right into the sultry bits? OK, there's plenty left for story
-Not sure if this situation is gay?
-Lotsa him/his/he's here, still confused
-Well that was fun, time for plot
*"You have a thing for Keith"
-Well that was blunt, gave me a giggle
-Awww, that was cute
-"I’d like Natani to be my first"
-Pffft, Ha, I see where this is going. Because I wasn't already still confused on how to classify this...
*"Do I need to explain to my big brother how to find the clitoris"
-Did you at any point in your life prior to this ever expect to write that sentence? Just think for a second
*"trying to pierce the heavens"
-OH GOD [censored] DAMNIT! That stupid goddamned line made me guffaw and garnered several awkward questions from the other security officers in the mess hall...
-First time fumbling bits are quite excellently handled. Quite humorous to read
*"The Magi Brothers are a devastating combination"
-Audibly groan and literal face-palm. The cheese is overwhelming
-Waking up after a night of constant romping? Coffee and then back to business, seems about par for a slashfic
-Finally something I can clearly classify as gay! Woo Hoo!
*"Yep, yep, yep"
-It's really funny, but all I can think of is Pumbaa from Lion King in the hula scene Yep Yep Yep -_-
-Finishing with more cuteness aaaaaaaand Done!

Overall thoroughly enjoyable. Though the constant use of him/his/he made me backtrack a bit a few times to catch exactly which he was being referenced, generally it went very smoothly and was an earnestly entertaining read for my lunch break!

**EDIT**
Also wanted to mention: awesome job on using the height differences to augment the story, I like that quite a bit.

Now I guess I need to read desire for orders?

amenon
Grand Templar

#15 Post by amenon »

Dadrobit wrote:Hah, finally got around to reading this last night on my lunch break. So here's a fast summary of my reactions.
You have the eternal gratitude of a forgotten author. (Which lasts until this fades back into obscurity)

I'll own to it being less clear than it could have been. It went the right way some in editing, but ultimately I -- knowing who's doing what to whom with what -- was too blind to the problem to fix it all the way. Mea culpa. I have vowed to not even look at the story until next April earliest, but if it reads badly enough then I'll consider doing a second edition.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and to hear that all that time staring down tape measures and thinking hard paid off :P

And I highly recommend Desire for Orders, yes!