Entertaining Possibilities (and sequels!) - Twokinds Smuts - [NSFW] (COMPLETE)

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Favorite story? (re-voting open)

Entertaining Possibilities
No votes
Two of a Kind
33%
Full House
33%
Dead of Night
No votes
Castling
No votes
Fool's Mate
33%
About That Apron
No votes
Adult Humor
No votes
The Day Before Her Birthday
No votes

Total votes: 3

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Entertaining Possibilities (and sequels!) - Twokinds Smuts - [NSFW] (Sep 2016: EP#4 and Trust)

#46 Post by Cyon »

I had only a bit of spare time this week, and so decided to read trust. Such a warm feeling inside when I was done, as you gave definition to their (up to this point) ambiguous relationship. The self-contradictory nature of having to undertake a decision as hefty as choosing to spend your entire life with someone is well-presented, and the symbol of Natani needing Keith to put the collar on is beautifully thought out.

Also, best ship! :keith: :heart: :natani:
Besidesyoulookalotbetternaked
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Entertaining Possibilities (and sequels!) - Twokinds Smuts - [NSFW] (Sep 2016: EP#4 and Trust)

#47 Post by Jonesy »

amenon wrote:
Jonesy wrote:Zen and Nick having coffee the morning after seemed like it wasn't going to lead to any new... 'encounters'.
A bit belatedly, but: So, wait, I ended up double-tricking you? In ToaK, you thought that they would bang, and in FH, you thought that they wouldn't? :grin:

The ToaK reaction is pretty expected. (It is, after all, after EP.) With FH, I'm not sure if I'm expecting that there should be expectations one way or another -- it is, after all, after ToaK -- but it would be nice if the reader was hoping for something. That may require a specific audience, though.
I'm confused. I read Too Late recently, and Entertaining Possibilities sometime before that. I don't think I've read Two of a Kind.
amenon wrote:
Jonesy wrote:It seemed a bit secondary compared to everything else, and perhaps a little like a case of adding a hypotenuse to a love triangle. But I can't say I wasn't invested, though.
I love the phrase 'adding a hypotenuse to a love triangle' :grin:

Since you felt this was a bit secondary, what would you say were the primary stories in FH?
Keith and Natani + Zen, for one. Also Keith and Nick. Natani and Maddie might constitute another secondary one.
amenon wrote:Also, since it came up somewhere else, I have a bit of a puzzle relating to Natani and Maddie, for anyone willing to take it. To quote FH:
Full House wrote: "What am I going to say to her mother?!"
Nick had already been thinking in that direction. He'd be making his report sooner than Keith or Maddie. He discarded the first three responses that came to mind. "That she's showing initiative in matters of interracial relations?"
The question: What is one of those three responses that Nick discarded, that might have immediately come to his mind, but he might not want to state, to the King or in general?
"He looked like a Basisitin after a few drinks."

amenon
Grand Templar

#48 Post by amenon »

I have completed a zeroth draft for the story I've been working on! One more story to go, and then the wonderful world of editing...

I guess I'm not on record here, so I'll go on record: I should have this all wrapped up in about 3-6 more months. Deadline is summer solstice, and somewhere around there is much likelier than April.

The stories themselves are pretty much set -- and have been for a long time, really -- but there's still time to have your voices heard to possibly influence the details, and what I do and don't address.
Cyon wrote:Also, best ship! :keith: :heart: :natani:
Damn right! And thank you so much for the kind words :heart:

Also, a note for the thread, since I keep pushing people to read DfO: Discussion of DfO is absolutely welcome in this thread. It's the original forum smut, after all :grin: Optimally, it would still be nominally on topic through comparing or contrasting my stuff with avwolf's -- something I think both of us would like to see -- but if you just want to gush about how awesome it is, I'll allow it :P
Jonesy wrote:I'm confused. I read Too Late recently, and Entertaining Possibilities sometime before that. I don't think I've read Two of a Kind.
This is the horribly confusing part. The second book is called (Knot) Too Late (because the knot on the cover is part of the title), or KTL for short.
KTL contains two stories. The first of those stories is called "Two of a Kind", and its working title was "Too Late." (So, Too Late == Two of a Kind, except sometimes people confuse it for the name of the whole book, which... I don't really blame them for.)
The second story is called "Full House", and its working title was "Not Too Late."

Which leads us back to the multifacetedly awful pun that is the cover :P
Jonesy wrote:"He looked like a Basisitin after a few drinks."
Hee hee hee :grin:
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

amenon
Grand Templar

Re: Entertaining Possibilities (and sequels!) - Twokinds Smuts - [NSFW] (Nov 2017: Going Far!)

#49 Post by amenon »

amenon wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:02 pm I have completed a zeroth draft for the story I've been working on! One more story to go, and then the wonderful world of editing...

I guess I'm not on record here, so I'll go on record: I should have this all wrapped up in about 3-6 more months. Deadline is summer solstice, and somewhere around there is much likelier than April.
*looks at calendar*

Ah well.

Now available in way too many formats:

Read, enjoy (well, maybe!) and if you feel inspired, give me a cover quote!

Also, you may want to watch out for that first story, if you haven't seen it in the thread yet. It means business.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Entertaining Possibilities (and sequels!) - Twokinds Smuts - [NSFW] (Nov 2017: Going Far!)

#50 Post by Cyon »

amenon wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:40 am Read, enjoy (well, maybe!) and if you feel inspired, give me a cover quote!

Also, you may want to watch out for that first story, if you haven't seen it in the thread yet. It means business.
Hold my beer...

But first I need to decide on what reading format I want
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

amenon
Grand Templar

#51 Post by amenon »

Cyon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 pm Hold my beer...
*takes a sip*

Cyon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 pm But first I need to decide on what reading format I want
I guess I'll use this as an excuse to list my own views on them!

EPUB is recommended for anyone who generally likes doing the whole ebook thing. (Or alternatively, the AZW3 if you're a Kindle-type person.)

The HTML is pretty nice, but since there's no good mechanism for keeping your place, that's a bit of a drawback / relies on memory.

The PDF format is literally cursed, but I've actually got them to the point where they look pretty good, and having page numbers is really nice for keeping track of where you are. The big PDF is what I'd probably pick myself if I went with PDF, but basically it's just whatever looks better for you on your device. (And if someone wants to print the thing, the big PDF is conveniently letter-sized.)

Finally, justified vs left-aligned is purely a religious matter, for everyone to reach their own conclusion about quietly in their heart.

In other news, it has come to my attention that I've managed to consistently have the name of the wolven capital wrong (;_;) So 'Karnak' in my stories is, in fact, supposed to be 'Karne'. This will be fixed in some future printing.

amenon
Grand Templar

#52 Post by amenon »

A bonus story, this time! Should also make a decent standalone even if you haven't gotten into this whole mess, so maybe check it out: About That Apron (NSFW)

Happy Thanksgiving :P

(sofurry link for now, will be collected and properly releasified later)
Edit: Sofurry link is still totally legit, but the story has now been releasified and can also be found in all of the too many formants under the title Bonus Stories.

amenon
Grand Templar

#53 Post by amenon »

And here's the second bonus story, which is pretty unique out of my stuff. This should also be a passable standalone, so do check it out! Adult Humor (NSFW)

This is more of a first draft than this stuff usually is, so might still see some editing before final.

(Same deal, sofurry link for now)
Edit: Same deal, the story can now also be found in all of the too many formants under the title Bonus Stories.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#54 Post by Schrodinger »

You want a blurb for that one? "The best adulterous smut I've ever read."
What was it the spider said to the fly...

amenon
Grand Templar

#55 Post by amenon »

Schrodinger wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:26 am You want a blurb for that one? "The best adulterous smut I've ever read."
Ha! Not only will I take that, I will put it on the actual cover if that's cool with you :grin: (wip)
And thank you for reading!

Anybody else want to go for a spot? You have up through Thursday or so before the cover needs to be final :P

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#56 Post by Schrodinger »

Go right ahead, that's why I offered.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

amenon
Grand Templar

Re: Entertaining Possibilities (and sequels!) - Twokinds Smuts - [NSFW] (Dec 2017: TDBHB)

#57 Post by amenon »

I'm running behind with having all one million alternative formats available, but since 1) I'm the only one who actually cares about that, 2) I do have the story and 3) it's release-time, here we go!

Edit: And we're fully in business, see the next post!

Other formats will be available when they'll be available. For now, Merry Christmas, happy holidays, all that good stuff :)

Also, Dadrobit: Where the hell you at? There's no way you don't have something to say about that previous story :grin:

amenon
Grand Templar

Re: Entertaining Possibilities (and sequels!) - Twokinds Smuts - [NSFW] (COMPLETE)

#58 Post by amenon »

And here we go, lurching that last bit to the finish line! Bringing you the collected version of the bonus stories, appropriately enough called Bonus Stories:

and the last story in this series, The Day Before Her Birthday:

And so, this is done. Thirty-three months. Five covers. Nine stories. A bit north of 150k words.

Anybody feel like saying anything?

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Entertaining Possibilities (and sequels!) - Twokinds Smuts - [NSFW] (COMPLETE)

#59 Post by TheMouse »

Take a bow, take a drink, take a break, and start thinking of the next project. Because there's always a next project.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

Re: Entertaining Possibilities (and sequels!) - Twokinds Smuts - [NSFW] (Dec 2017: TDBHB)

#60 Post by Dadrobit »

amenon wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:21 pm
Also, Dadrobit: Where the hell you at? There's no way you don't have something to say about that previous story :grin:
Need to pick it back up. I stopped reading at where I messaged you last in Going Far and haven't put in the time yet to finish from there. I really need to do that...